What is everyone's thoughts on CYL?

Votes for CYL in general  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the Lords of each game should be voted for in CYL?

• Yes, they deserve a chance to get a another alt.
    • No, then it turns into "Which Lord?" instead of "Which character?".
  2. 2. Do you typically vote for the Lords during the CYL voting thing?

• Yes, I love them
    • Yes, only cause they are the only votes that matter.
    • No, because my favorite isn't a Lord
    • No, because I hate the CYL event

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

There's Bridal and Summer Cordelias.

I obviously said two.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Cordelia has one  two alts. Inigo/Laslow have one alt.  Odin/Owain have one alt. Severa is only behind by one. It is weird how she still hasn't received a Severa alt yet, but she really hasn't been dealt that much injustice.

Anyways, yeah, the game needs to have farfetched heroes banner because that's where we get non-lord gems who otherwise wouldn't make it in for a while.

Cordelia doesn't have any non-seasonal alts that appear once every three and a half decades. Yes, Severa deserves an alt, but isn't the MOST deserving. I believe general consensus is that Jill should be in FEH. There are other popular characters who aren't even in the game yet, which is probably why Sev hasn't recieved an alt.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Benice said:

I obviously said two.

Cordelia doesn't have any non-seasonal alts that appear once every three and a half decades. Yes, Severa deserves an alt, but isn't the MOST deserving. I believe general consensus is that Jill should be in FEH. There are other popular characters who aren't even in the game yet, which is probably why Sev hasn't recieved an alt.

I pretty much agree with this. As much as I do like Severa, she is technically already in the game, and I've been waiting a really, really, REALLY long time for Jill at this point, so if given the choice between the two, I'd rather Jill finally be added than Selena getting a Severa alt any day of the week.

16 hours ago, Ottservia said:

And that’s why it’s so infuriating 

I don't get why it's infuriating.

Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting you, but it seems to me like you're acting like Severa objectively deserves more attention than Cordelia, but I think that how much they "deserve" attention is objectively equal.

When it comes down to it, they're both IS' characters. Anything else is up to individual preference. ("I like Severa's design better than Cordelia's," "Severa's a prickly brat who insults people too much" "Cordelia and Severa are both fun and interesting characters" "Severa deserves to be in Heroes more because her only alt is Selena and her Severa form isn't in the game yet" and "Cordelia getting a Resplendent form is a good thing because I miss the old Cordelia hype" for example, are all just subjective opinions not worth getting worked up over/going to war over. It's important to remember that these are just player opinions, even if they sound like people are claiming them as fact. The only one who has the right to make such things into fact is IS itself. It's also important to remember that your (that is, the general "your" not the specific "your") own opinion is in the same boat. Just because you have an opinion -- even a strong opinion -- doesn't mean it's objective and that everyone else should submit to it or else they're somehow wrong.)

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I don't get why it's infuriating.

Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting you, but it seems to me like you're acting like Severa objectively deserves more attention than Cordelia, but I think that how much they "deserve" attention is objectively equal.

When it comes down to it, they're both IS' characters. Anything else is up to individual preference. ("I like Severa's design better than Cordelia's," "Severa's a prickly brat who insults people too much" "Cordelia and Severa are both fun and interesting characters" "Severa deserves to be in Heroes more because her only alt is Selena and her Severa form isn't in the game yet" and "Cordelia getting a Resplendent form is a good thing because I miss the old Cordelia hype" for example, are all just subjective opinions not worth getting worked up over/going to war over. It's important to remember that these are just player opinions, even if they sound like people are claiming them as fact. The only one who has the right to make such things into fact is IS itself. It's also important to remember that your (that is, the general "your" not the specific "your") own opinion is in the same boat. Just because you have an opinion -- even a strong opinion -- doesn't mean it's objective and that everyone else should submit to it or else they're somehow wrong.)

Speak for yourself. I never said anything about my opinion being objective. I just said I’m upset Cordelia gets more attention than her daughter. I don’t need this lecture from you.

9 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Speak for yourself. I never said anything about my opinion being objective. I just said I’m upset Cordelia gets more attention than her daughter. I don’t need this lecture from you.

It was for anyone who wanted to read it, really, but that's fine. It seems I may have annoyed you, though I'm not going to make assumptions. If I did, I apologize.

59 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It was for anyone who wanted to read it, really, but that's fine. It seems I may have annoyed you, though I'm not going to make assumptions. If I did, I apologize.

It’s fine. I may have overreacted so I apologize for that.

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It’s fine. I may have overreacted so I apologize for that.

You were pretty reasonable, actually, even if you were a tad terse, from what I could tell. Thank you for being so calm, even when something was bugging you. And thanks for being so considerate to make sure I was feeling okay in your last post! I love it when people can get along like this. 🙂

12 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Why do you think Cordelia gets more attention than her daughter?

What do you think the main reason is?

1 minute ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

Why do you think Cordelia gets more attention than her daughter?

What do you think the main reason is?

well obviously because she's more popular. I'm not an idiot. Can't I just let out my grievances in peace?!

Just now, AvatarofDiscord said:

Nobody said you couldn’t, I just meant why is Cordelia more popular?

I honestly do not know. There are plenty of reasons but at the end of the day it all just comes down to subjective taste. She is a good character though so I understand why people like her. She's a deeply relatable character that a lot of people can latch on to plus her design is great. It all just kinda culminates

Golly, someone oughta make a Severa thread at this point.

Either way, I don't belove that how many alts people have in FEH dictates how popular they are, nor does it define which is "superior" to others. Camilla has a ton of alts, but she's not really that popular anymore, nor do many people consider her "good". Jill isn't in the game, and she's widely popular and is generally considered a "good" character.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Either way, I don't belove that how many alts people have in FEH dictates how popular they are, nor does it define which is "superior" to others. Camilla has a ton of alts, but she's not really that popular anymore, nor do many people consider her "good". Jill isn't in the game, and she's widely popular and is generally considered a "good" character.

Jill>>>>>>>>>Camilla any day.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

I’m just some kind of fascinating wild creature to observe for your own amusement, aren’t I? Oh well not something I’ll lose sleep over.

Edited by Ottservia

4 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

What’s the Camilla clause?

From the topic before yours:

On 1/12/2020 at 9:40 AM, eclipse said:

Oh and I forgot to mention: Bitching about Camilla is an automatic three-month suspension.  She had her CYL appearance already.  Just in case this topic goes in that direction (hint: don't do this).

Click the arrow on the upper-right of the quote above to see why that topic was closed.  And yes, it was invoked.

EDIT:

Just now, Ottservia said:

I’m just some kind of fascinating wild creature to observe for amusement, aren’t I? Oh well not something I’ll lose sleep over.

I honestly don't know what your RL problem is. . .but between a previous comment I took issue to, and now this, I'm legit worried.

Like, if you need a break from SF, I'll suspend you if it'll help you to get your head in the right place.

Edited by eclipse

Just now, AvatarofDiscord said:

What’s the Camilla clause?

From previous threads about cyl, the Camilla clause is an unofficial rule about Camilla by eclipse. Specifically complaining about how many alts she has, bring her into conversations about why a poster doesn't like her, and being salty about her winning the 3rd cyl. 

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

From previous threads about cyl, the Camilla clause is an unofficial rule about Camilla by eclipse. Specifically complaining about how many alts she has, bring her into conversations about why a poster doesn't like her, and being salty about her winning the 3rd cyl. 

I somewhat feel bad for liking Camilla since everyone seems to hate her

Then again Corrin is in the top 5 for my favorite lords so I’m not new to controversial opinions

2 minutes ago, AvatarofDiscord said:

I somewhat feel bad for liking Camilla since everyone seems to hate her

Then again Corrin is in the top 5 for my favorite lords so I’m not new to controversial opinions

imo it's ok to like the character everyone hates/controversial ones. Everyone has tastes and its ok to have different taste.  It's a problem when you try to deny their flaw/controversy. Liking is okay, blinded by the like is what not

Edited by DraceEmpressa

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I honestly don't know what your RL problem is. . .but between a previous comment I took issue to, and now this, I'm legit worried.

Like, if you need a break from SF, I'll suspend you if it'll help you to get your head in the right place.

Okay now that comment I’ll admit comes off as a bit accusatory but I don’t see how my lust for Kronya comes off as problematic. Unless you’re talking about that other comment earlier in this thread well that was just me meming. If I use “man of culture” or whatever unironically, I would want someone to slap me.