Is Echoes Still Worth Getting?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and thought I'd start my time here by asking a question that has been on my mind recently: is SoV still worth getting? I exhausted a ton of time into Awakening, PoR, and am currently on my third playthrough of 3H. I wanted to get SoV when it first came out, but didn't have the time. Is it worth it to go back and play it after all this time, or will it simply feel aged and redundant after having played 3H for so long now? Thanks!

Echoes is really unique and has the same presentation standards as Three Houses. It's the first fully voice acted Fire Emblem. And I was shocked to hear the animation studio wasn't the same between games since the cutscenes have the same style. Definitely worth a play.

Every FE offers something different.  SoV has proper dungeons with encounters, no weapon triangle, and a bit of FE5's fatigue mechanic (which is barely noticeable).

I'd say do your research on the game beforehand, and then decide whether or not you want to get it. The biggest appeal of the game is seeing how several traditional Fire Emblem mechanics are messed around with, and it definitely has the best presentation in a Fire Emblem game. Don't be surprised if you love some of the mechanics, think some where cool but should remain in Echoes, and hate others, and if the things you liked and disliked will be vastly different from someone else. Shadows of Valentia is just that kind of game.

I enjoyed Echoes, its not my favorite in the series but I did get enjoyment out of it, mechanics such as the turnwheel I found to be helpful, but HP costing magic is something that I find to be easily exploitable however. Personally, I found the game to worth it but I know its not everyone's cup of tea

If you like JRPGs, I would recommend it. It's like a mixture of FE and a classic JRPG and I find it enjoyable. I was replaying it not too long ago actually. The villagers (though limited) do give some replayability and it's fun trying out different combinations.

Echoes was made with a lot of love and you can see how it set some seeds for how they'd handle FE16's character writing. It's definitely worth a playthrough.

Echoes is a great game, regardless of if it's different from other FE games and despite having boring map design and stuff imo. The feelings you get with the almost fully voice acted story, the leveling up and badass promotions, and the flashy combat animations is magical. Not as good as three houses but then again, that's like the new pinnacle of the series for me 😉

Edited by Dinar87

As you can probably tell if you look below my avatar, Echoes is my favourite Fire Emblem, so it shouldn't surprise you that my answer is: YES, ABSOLUTELY.

Just like Three Houses, Echoes is fully voice acted, though in my opinion the voice acting here is superior. The presentation in general is fantastic, and I'd even go so far as to say that Echoes actually looks better than Three Houses does. There's tons of interesting systems that you won't find in any other games, my favourite by far being magic costing HP to cast, which allows for some very fun strategies, especially if you make a certain villager a cleric. There's also free DLC items called pitchforks, which let you reclass any of your units, so there's some more replayability than you might initially think.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely! The full voice acting really fleshes out the cast and (in my opinion) adds a lot more depth to the story. 
Ngl, playing through Echoes was one of the first times a video game had made me cry. I really loved the entire cast except for one certain person, but that's besides the point.

If you decide to get it, I hope you enjoy it!

• 3 months later...

I’ve only played Sacred Stones and SoV, but I started playing SoV after a year or two since I left it a a few days ago and it’s really good. I played it a lot when it came out, but now I’m just doing the endgame dungeon to get sol, astra and luna. It’s repetitive to do that farm, but somehow it isn’t boring.