Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: May our hearts be our guiding light

Perkilator

I guess you could say Arle has "Puyo Popularity"? 😉 Incidentally, she would be the fourth SEGA rep after Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker. Which would be kinda fitting for Nintendo's former rival, but I think other companies need higher priority now. We still don't have fighters from Ubisoft or Koei Tecmo, and they have some pretty obvious candidates like the Prince of Persia (preferably the Sands of Time version, though they could include other designs as costume swaps) and Ryu Hayabusa.

Edited by Lord_Brand

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i will name six character that i would like, but i doubt more than 1 will come.

1)Paper Mario: there are many Mario RPG and imo paper marionwould represent then better than Geno, and i love Geno so if he get in instead i will be ok.

2)Dante. It's bishonen whit a sword but is the only one that would not get an annoyed reaction from me.

3)Gordon Freeman: whit doomguy out, he is the best FPS rep, and half life is getting reborn, so why not? They could go whit the protagonist of Alyx tho.

4)Crash Bandicoot. Not much to say here, i think he would fit the cast very well.

5) Something that use a spear. I suppose Bandana Dee is the most likely but i would be ok whit anyone, less so if it comes from Fire Emblem.

6) Siegfried or Kilik. I like soul calibur more than Tekken and my anti-sword bias make me rout for Kilik even if Siegfried is more likely. 

Edit: Reimu would be my sixth, but i just love polearms too much.

Edited by Flere210

14 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

• Travis Touchdown(No More Heroes)- Every game in the No More Heroes franchise has had exclusivity with Nintendo and NMH3 is just on the horizon, easy marketing opportunity.

I'd actually love for Travis to get in. And he's not as unlikely as most of my picks.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'd actually love for Travis to get in. And he's not as unlikely as most of my picks.

The whole point of my list was choosing characters that I think have the best chances of getting in, not my personal desires. I've never played a No More Heroes game before, but I wouldn't take any issue with Travis in Smash since I think he would fit in very well. I have similar feelings about Banjo & Kazooie, I haven't played any of their games, but they feel so at home in Smash that I ended up liking them regardless of my lack of familiarity.

My picks:

1. Galarian Ponyta
2. Spyro
3. Vaati
4. Dixie Kong
5. Rex & Pyra
6. Rayman

Galarian Ponyta is my new favorite Pokemon along with its evolution and it seems to be the most popular Pokemon from gen 8. It'd also be unique in that it's a quadruped. The only real quadruped in Smash is Ivysaur, currently.

My friend Dragoncat loves Spyro and wants him, and I think he's cool enough too.

Zelda is long overdue for a newcomer and Vaati is my most wanted there. I think Four Sword Zelda deserves more attention too. I would've also liked Ghirahim, but he's an assist trophy. Vaati would be easy to make a moveset for too, and his Final Smash is no-brainer: eyeball-bat form! His normal form from The Minish Cap would be the form we play as otherwise.

Dixie has been one of my most wanted newcomers for a long time. Now that Daisy is in, she's pretty much my most wanted.

I like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Rex-Rex is cute enough for me to want along with his trusty Blade Pyra.

I played a Rayman game once (Rayman 3D for 3DS) and it was neat. So let's go Rayman!

Edited by Anacybele

Assuming that Spirits deconfirm:

1. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  2. Adeleine (Kirby)
  3. Porky (Mother), who I have to say is conspicuous by his absence in the game, even as a spirit.
  4. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
  5.  Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
  6. Reimu (Touhou)

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Galarian Ponyta is my new favorite Pokemon along with its evolution and it seems to be the most popular Pokemon from gen 8. It'd also be unique in that it's a quadruped. The only real quadruped in Smash is Ivysaur, currently.

One of mine, too! And as a Psychic-type like Mewtwo, it could just levitate items rather than hold them physically. I suppose the Final Smash would be Dynamax?

• N Special: Psybeam
  • F Special: Zen Headbutt
  • U Special: Teleport
  • D Special: Heal Pulse

Galarian Ponyta can't currently learn Teleport, but Smash hasn't been afraid to fudge the rules a little before, and a teleporting unicorn would be a cute reference to D&D and MLP.

Edited by Lord_Brand

17 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

it could just levitate items rather than hold them physically

U Special: Teleport

Neither of those is different from what Mewtwo already does.

and a teleporting unicorn would be a cute reference to D&D and MLP.

No, no and no.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

28 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

One of mine, too! And as a Psychic-type like Mewtwo, it could just levitate items rather than hold them physically. I suppose the Final Smash would be Dynamax?

• N Special: Psybeam
  • F Special: Zen Headbutt
  • U Special: Teleport
  • D Special: Heal Pulse

Galarian Ponyta can't currently learn Teleport, but Smash hasn't been afraid to fudge the rules a little before, and a teleporting unicorn would be a cute reference to D&D and MLP.

That sounds good, yeah!

11 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So? He didn't say they were.

12 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

No, no and no.

MLP is great tho. I'd love a reference.

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

No, no and no.

So Ponyta teleporting and telekinetically holding items makes it too similar to Mewtwo? I don't follow.

And yeah, I'm a Brony. I think the FiM ponies are adorable and I've been a fan of FiM for a long time. No, Bronies are not by and large the problematic individuals you may have heard about on news, that's a vocal minority like with every fandom. I don't harass people, I simply enjoy the show, and I would enjoy a character reminiscent of that show in Smash. If you don't like D&D or MLP, that's your choice, but please do not react like that towards people who do like those things, thank you.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That sounds good, yeah!

So? He didn't say they were.

MLP is great tho. I'd love a reference.

Thank you. 🙂

Edited by Lord_Brand

I simply enjoy the show too, I don't act like a toxic rude idiot.

I love Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash and MLP because in general, I love unicorns, alicorns, Pegasi, and any other equine creatures. So if I got a playable unicorn character in Smash like Ponyta, I don't think I'd ever care who else is added again. 😛

Sadly, if a pokemon is going to get in, is going to be Cinderace. Rillaboom is not aviable because he can't carry the drum around, intellion does not seems well liked, Wooloo lack limbs, and the leggendaries too. Nothing else really rise above the rest. If Mimikyu did not get in instead of incineroar, the chance of any non-starter, non-leggendary are super slim, unless the get Lucario-tier popularity, wich i think not even MImikyu did. 

I want Sirfetch'd as the Gen VIII rep purely out of its unique swordplay (or rather, LANCEplay). Here's a Smash artist's interpretation of what that kind of moveset could be like:

And here's a more in-depth interpretation of mine:

Spoiler

Intro: Sirfetch’d appears out of a Luxury Ball and readies itself for combat.

Stance/Idle 1: Sirfetch’d holds its leek and leaf shield as it marches in place.

Idle 2: Sirfetch’d slightly swings its sword backwards.

Idle 3: Sirfetch’d smirks and slightly turns its head.

Notable Palette Swaps: Farfetch’d, Psyduck, Swanna, Cramorant, Honchcrow, Corviknight, Galarian Farfetch’d

Walk: Sirfetch’d marches proudly.

Dash: Sirfetch’d charges forward, sticking out its leek.

Damage: Sirfetch’d turns its head, with the expression of writhing in agony.

Jump: Sirfetch’d jumps simply, raising up its leek.

Crouch: Sirfetch’d crouches and raises its lead shield.

Weapon of Choice: Its leek, which has seen many a countless battle for years.

A,A,A: A swing of its leek (10%, small knockback) and a shield bash (8%).

Forward+A: Sirfetch’d thrusts its leek straight forward (12%, OK knockback)

Down+A: Peck; Sirfetch’d jumps forward and pecks with its beak (9%, OK knockback)

Up+A: Sirfetch’d swings its leek in an upwards arc (12%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Sand Attack; Sirfetch’d lets out some sand from underneath its shield (6%, small knockback)

Air Forward+A: Peck; Sirfetch’d slightly pecks the opponent with its leek (9%, small knockback)

Air Back + A: Steel Wing; Sirfetch’d swings its leek behind itself and turns it to steel, along with its wing (14%, OK knockback)

Air Up+A: Sirfetch’d thrusts its leaf shield upwards (12%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A: Slam; Sirfetch’d descends quickly and slams its leek in the ground (16%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Sirfetch’d rams into the foe with its shield (14%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Sirfetch’d pecks with its beak (9%, small knockback)

Smash Moves

Forward+A: Rock Smash; Sirfetch’d slams its beak so hard that rocks fly out of the ground (21%, medium knockback)

Up+A: Round; Sirfetch’d sings a note very loudly, briefly stunning opponents at full charge (18%, OK knockback)

Down+A: Brutal Swing; Sirfetch’d swings both its leek and shield in a full circle, with a purple light spinning out of it (24%, medium knockback)

Grab: Sirfetch’d grabs the opponent with its beak.

Pummel: Sirfetch’d bops the opponent with its shield (9%)

Forwards+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and smacks them with its shield (14%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Sirfetch’d stomps on the opponent, trapping them in the ground (16%)

Back+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and smacks them with its leek (17%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and stabs them with its leek (19%, medium knockback)

Special Moves

B : Protect; Sirfetch’d raises its shield and nullifies all attacks; however, the strength of some hits will eventually cause the shield to wither. It will repair itself with each string of attacks until it becomes unusable, which is signaled by a snap. At that point, it will take much longer to repair itself.

B + Forwards : Meteor Assault; Sirfetch’d’s most powerful attack. At full charge, it will charge a great distance with its leek and slice through opponents (42%, far knockback). However, it will suffer recoil damage (14%) and cools down for two seconds.

B + Up : Brave Bird; Sirfetch’d thrusts upwards at a great height (26%, medium knockback). The height is extraordinary, but at the cost of extremely slow horizontal movement. In addition, Sirfetch’d will suffer minor recoil (8%).

B + Down : Fury Cutter; Sirfetch’d prepares its leek, and cuts in a downward arrow shape (12% once, 19% the second time; medium knockback). If Sirfetch’d is hit while preparing its slash, it will instead move swiftly and cut in a diagonal line (18%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Final Gambit; A blue aura sparks around Sirfetch’d, and it rams the opponent with its shield (16%). The opponent is then trapped in a cutscene where Sirfetch’d closes its eyes and puts its leek to its head. It then slashes furiously at the opponent and launches them with one last slash (48%, far knockback). The recoil it suffers after is almost equal (43%), which will leave it in danger if it’s at high damage.

Gimmick: Sirfetch’d’s shield will slowly wither as Protect is used. It will repair itself in a few seconds if it’s mildly withered. If completely withered, the repair time is about 13 seconds (which takes it to its mildly withered state, which means a 4-second repair). In this state, Protect is rendered useless until repairs are finished. The shield’s durability is represented by a HUD mock-up gauge of the leek; the shield will start to wither when the gauge is 75% depleted.

Taunts

1: Sirfetch’d wiggles its unibrow, its head turned to the camera.

2: Sirfetch’d kneels in its direction.

1+2: Sirfetch’d raises its leek up and lets out a war cry.

Winposes

1: Sirfetch’d makes a poses that mirrors a cutscene from the Subspace Emissary where Link pulls out the Master Sword.

2: Sirfetch’d concludes its Meteor Assault, and raises its leek with a gallant explosion in the background.

3: Sirfetch’d swings its leek diagonally down twice, and raises its leek as it lets out a hurrah.

Icon: Poké Ball

Boxing Ring Title: The Noble Wild Duck

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/kGPHtS1kFZ8

Kirby Hat: Sirfetch’d’s shield.

4 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I want Sirfetch'd as the Gen VIII rep purely out of its unique swordplay (or rather, LANCEplay). Here's a Smash artist's interpretation of what that kind of moveset could be like:

Reveal hidden contents

Stance/Idle 1: Sirfetch’d holds its leek and leaf shield as it marches in place.

Notable Palette Swaps: Farfetch’d, Psyduck, Swanna, Cramorant, Honchcrow, Corviknight, Galarian Farfetch’d

Down+A: Peck; Sirfetch’d jumps forward and pecks with its beak (9%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Sand Attack; Sirfetch’d lets out some sand from underneath its shield (6%, small knockback)

Air Forward+A: Peck; Sirfetch’d slightly pecks the opponent with its leek (9%, small knockback)

Air Back + A: Steel Wing; Sirfetch’d swings its leek behind itself and turns it to steel, along with its wing (14%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A: Slam; Sirfetch’d descends quickly and slams its leek in the ground (16%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves

Forward+A: Rock Smash; Sirfetch’d slams its beak so hard that rocks fly out of the ground (21%, medium knockback)

Up+A: Round; Sirfetch’d sings a note very loudly, briefly stunning opponents at full charge (18%, OK knockback)

Down+A: Brutal Swing; Sirfetch’d swings both its leek and shield in a full circle, with a purple light spinning out of it (24%, medium knockback)

Forwards+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and smacks them with its shield (14%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Sirfetch’d stomps on the opponent, trapping them in the ground (16%)

Back+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and smacks them with its leek (17%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: Sirfetch’d tosses the opponent out and stabs them with its leek (19%, medium knockback)

Special Moves

B : Protect; Sirfetch’d raises its shield and nullifies all attacks; however, the strength of some hits will eventually cause the shield to wither. It will repair itself with each string of attacks until it becomes unusable, which is signaled by a snap. At that point, it will take much longer to repair itself.

B + Forwards : Meteor Assault; Sirfetch’d’s most powerful attack. At full charge, it will charge a great distance with its leek and slice through opponents (42%, far knockback). However, it will suffer recoil damage (14%) and cools down for two seconds.

B + Up : Brave Bird; Sirfetch’d thrusts upwards at a great height (26%, medium knockback). The height is extraordinary, but at the cost of extremely slow horizontal movement. In addition, Sirfetch’d will suffer minor recoil (8%).

B + Down : Fury Cutter; Sirfetch’d prepares its leek, and cuts in a downward arrow shape (12% once, 19% the second time; medium knockback). If Sirfetch’d is hit while preparing its slash, it will instead move swiftly and cut in a diagonal line (18%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Final Gambit; A blue aura sparks around Sirfetch’d, and it rams the opponent with its shield (16%). The opponent is then trapped in a cutscene where Sirfetch’d closes its eyes and puts its leek to its head. It then slashes furiously at the opponent and launches them with one last slash (48%, far knockback). The recoil it suffers after is almost equal (43%), which will leave it in danger if it’s at high damage.

Gimmick: Sirfetch’d’s shield will slowly wither as Protect is used. It will repair itself in a few seconds if it’s mildly withered. If completely withered, the repair time is about 13 seconds (which takes it to its mildly withered state, which means a 4-second repair). In this state, Protect is rendered useless until repairs are finished. The shield’s durability is represented by a HUD mock-up gauge of the leek; the shield will start to wither when the gauge is 75% depleted.

Taunts

Winposes

1: Sirfetch’d makes a poses that mirrors a cutscene from the Subspace Emissary where Link pulls out the Master Sword.

2: Sirfetch’d concludes its Meteor Assault, and raises its leek with a gallant explosion in the background.

3: Sirfetch’d swings its leek diagonally down twice, and raises its leek as it lets out a hurrah.

"Another Generic Anime Swordfighter. 0/10 Too much weeb"-Some Smash fan out there probably.

If I had to guess which Sword and Shield Pokemon would make it in, my money would be either on Rillaboom or a DLC Pokemon.

#1. Any Overwatch character (Aside from that damn hamster)

#2. Crash Bandicoot 

#3. Spyro The Dragon

#4. Scorpion

#5. Bandana Waddle Dee

None of these will ever happen, but hey it's fun to dream right?

5 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Reveal hidden contents

Smash Moves

Special Moves

Taunts

Winposes

Please no. There are already enough swordfighters in Smash as it is. The last thing this series needs is more of them. 

And if any Pokemon from Sword and Shield should get in, it should be Obstangoon.

6 minutes ago, Raijin95 said:

Please no. There are already enough swordfighters in Smash as it is. The last thing this series needs is more of them. 

It’s not even been like 5 minutes, and someone comes along and makes my meme come true lmfao

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

It’s not even been like 5 minutes, and someone comes along and makes my meme come true lmfao

Gee, it's almost like there's a growing number of Smash fans that are getting increasingly tired of having the same exact goddamn thing shoved down your throat over and over again. What a revolutionary concept.

5 minutes ago, Raijin95 said:

Gee, it's almost like there's a growing number of Smash fans that are getting increasingly tired of having the same exact goddamn thing shoved down your throat over and over again. What a revolutionary concept.

*sigh* I’ve heard this argument way too many times than I’d like, so I’m just gonna cut to the chase.

Not every single Swordfighter that is or could be in Smash Ultimate is the same character. It’s blatantly untrue, and honestly just a gatekeeping tactic. 

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

*sigh* I’ve heard this argument way too many times than I’d like, so I’m just gonna cut to the chase.

Not every single Swordfighter that is or could be in Smash Ultimate is the same character. It’s blatantly untrue, and honestly just a gatekeeping tactic. 

Then explain to me why half of Fire Emblem's roster is made of Marth clones, Zelda's nearly a quarter of Link clones, Joker being a Cloud and Shiek hybrid clone, Hero being a Link and Robin clone?

All of these swordfighters are the same. There's nothing remotely interesting about them, and that goes for any other potential candidates not in Smash yet. There isn't a single thing that the likes of Ryu Hayabsua, Dante, Sora, Sir Farfetch'd, or 2B can do that Link, Pit, Cloud, Joker, and every Fire Emblem character hasn't done before in this game.

They're all spiky haired big irised characters that do nothing but swing their sword around. Where's the variety? Where's the uniqueness?  Where is the life in these characters? 

It's not a "gatekeeping tactic". It's a growing ire of having to put with the same exact thing over and over again for nearly six years. But apparently people like me are the "bad guys". Guess I'll have to blare Billie Ellise from now on.

4 minutes ago, Raijin95 said:

Then explain to me why half of Fire Emblem's roster is made of Marth clones, Zelda's nearly a quarter of Link clones, Joker being a Cloud and Shiek hybrid clone, Hero being a Link and Robin clone?

All of these swordfighters are the same. There's nothing remotely interesting about them, and that goes for any other potential candidates not in Smash yet. There isn't a single thing that the likes of Ryu Hayabsua, Dante, Sora, Sir Farfetch'd, or 2B can do that Link, Pit, Cloud, Joker, and every Fire Emblem character hasn't done before in this game.

They're all spiky haired big irised characters that do nothing but swing their sword around. Where's the variety? Where's the uniqueness?  Where is the life in these characters? 

It's not a "gatekeeping tactic". It's a growing ire of having to put with the same exact thing over and over again for nearly six years. But apparently people like me are the "bad guys". Guess I'll have to blare Billie Ellise from now on.

So five things.

1. You do realize you're saying all of this in a Fire Emblem fourm, right?

2. In what world are Joker and Hero a "Cloud and Shiek clone" and a "Link and Robin clone" respectively? That makes zero sense. Also, Joker wields a knife. Not a sword. Two completely different types of blades.

3. Just because a total of, what, 6 (5 if you wanna debate Roy) out of the 18 sword characters in Smash Ultimate's 83 and counting character roster means that literally anyone and everyone that wields a sword is the exact same thing as one another? Even if they bring something like Shulk's Monado arts, Cloud's Limit Breaks, Hero's vast list of magic spells, and Byleth's use of 4 different weapon types all at once? Yeah, no. Those 5 characters you mentioned all can bring something with them. Ryu Hayabusa has Ninpo, martial arts, and multiple weapons. Dante has Styles, the Devil Trigger, and multiple weapons. Sora has Keyblade forms and whole arsenal of uniqe attacks he can do with the Keyblade alone (and I say this as someone who doesn't like Kingdom Hearts). Sir Farfetched had a whole potential moveset outlined for him earlier. 2B has the Pod and the various attack programs it can use and again multiple weapons to pull from. They all have plenty of material to work with. You just lack the creativity or the will to see it.

4. A lot of the content in Smash Ultimate is "anime"? Gee, it's almost like Smash Ultimate is a Japanese crossover fighting game made in Japan by Japanese people that pulls almost all of it's source material from Japanese gaming series. What a shocker. This is like going into an Italian food joint and complaining that the place sucks because they don't server hot dogs there. What else were you expecting?

5. I dunno man. All of what you just said sounds a lot like "I don't like this, therefore it and anything like it is bad." to me.