Jump to content
Turkey-legger

Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: …Well, we still got 4 more in 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think a 3rd pass would kill our poor god king. And do we really want him to be stuck with Smash Ultimate until the end of like 2023-2025?

Is there something wrong with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

But now that we have two Microsoft reps in there, what are the odds Master Chief is next?

If he ever had a chance before, it’s now been reduced to 0.01%. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is there something wrong with it?

Wrong with Smash Ultimate? Of course not. But I think it's fair to say that the franchise does need to move forward eventually and Sakurai needs to be able to move on to another passion project eventually. He has a passion for Kirby and Kid Icarus, and he clearly has a passion for Fire Emblem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

r/DevilMayCry - Hopefully no one beat me to the punch

I mean... it's technically not a bad inclusion, but it doesn't really excite me at all. Maybe the stage will be fun? Hopefully the next fighter will be more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

r/DevilMayCry - Hopefully no one beat me to the punch

I mean... it's technically not a bad inclusion, but it doesn't really excite me at all. Maybe the stage will be fun? Hopefully the next fighter will be more interesting.

That image physically hurts me. 

 

More of 2020 being 2020.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That image physically hurts me.

I got it from the DMC reddit so sue them for the damages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw we were getting a Minecraft character/s in Smash. I'm pretty much indifferent to their inclusion in Smash. Don't care about Minecraft but it has made a big name for itself so I can see why it was picked for Smash Bros.

Just four more left huh. The only confident prediction I'm willing to make is that one of those slots is probably being reserved for a Gen 8 Pokemon (would tie in nicely if released in 2021 during Pokemon's 25th anniversary). The rest could be anything at this point. I haven't played Smash Bros since January though I check up on the news for fun every now and then but if Nintendo really wants me to get really interested in Smash Bros again I would love to see any of Phoenix Wright, Ragna the Bloodedge, KOS-MOS, Ryu Hayabusa or a Falcom rep (preferably Estelle or Adol) be playable in Smash, not that I'm actually expecting any of them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw we were getting a Minecraft character/s in Smash. I'm pretty much indifferent to their inclusion in Smash. Don't care about Minecraft but it has made a big name for itself so I can see why it was picked for Smash Bros.

Just four more left huh. The only confident prediction I'm willing to make is that one of those slots is probably being reserved for a Gen 8 Pokemon (would tie in nicely if released in 2021 during Pokemon's 25th anniversary). The rest could be anything at this point. I haven't played Smash Bros since January though I check up on the news for fun every now and then but if Nintendo really wants me to get really interested in Smash Bros again I would love to see any of Phoenix Wright, Ragna the Bloodedge, KOS-MOS, Ryu Hayabusa or a Falcom rep (preferably Estelle or Adol) be playable in Smash, not that I'm actually expecting any of them though.

A Falcom rep would make me so happy just for the soundtrack.

 

Smashing to Sunshine Coastline is the dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

A Falcom rep would make me so happy just for the soundtrack.

 

Smashing to Sunshine Coastline is the dream.

I would pay money just for Falcom soundtracks in Smash, especially if there were 50ish music tracks like what SNK got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I would pay money just for Falcom soundtracks in Smash, especially if there were 50ish music tracks like what SNK got.

Damn right. Hell, I could have lived without Byleth if they had just added the 3H soundtracks independently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

r/DevilMayCry - Hopefully no one beat me to the punch

I mean... it's technically not a bad inclusion, but it doesn't really excite me at all. Maybe the stage will be fun? Hopefully the next fighter will be more interesting.

My hot take: between Dante and Steve, I'd rather have Steve.

I also already like this fighter pass more than the first.

Edited by Florete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Florete said:

My hot take: between Dante and Steve, I'd rather have Steve.

I also already like this fighter pass more than the first.

If fighters pass two is doing more for you than fighters pass one I say more power to you. I'm not actually mad that Steve got in, I just wanted to use that image because it's funny. That's not to say I don't want Dante in the game because I freaking love Devil May Cry, but at this point I'm not going to get too worked up if none of my favorite choices get in because the roster already has so many characters I absolutely adore like Simon and Terry. Though I still stand by my statement that Steve isn't really exciting, at least not for me personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

If fighters pass two is doing more for you than fighters pass one I say more power to you. I'm not actually mad that Steve got in, I just wanted to use that image because it's funny. That's not to say I don't want Dante in the game because I freaking love Devil May Cry, but at this point I'm not going to get too worked up if none of my favorite choices get in because the roster already has so many characters I absolutely adore like Simon and Terry. Though I still stand by my statement that Steve isn't really exciting, at least not for me personally.

Fighter pass 1 did close to nothing for me so the bar was pretty low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Wrong with Smash Ultimate? Of course not. But I think it's fair to say that the franchise does need to move forward eventually and Sakurai needs to be able to move on to another passion project eventually. He has a passion for Kirby and Kid Icarus, and he clearly has a passion for Fire Emblem.

Ah, I misunderstood then, sorry about that! 

Well, it's good that they really are trying to make it as good as possible. Being that dedicated to it says something.

Also, the day they let you buy actual alts and soundtracks for stages... they'll be more worth buying than the fighters!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve is... okay, I guess? He wasn't a Most Wanted for me but it looks he would be fun to use.

Still hoping for Arle and Phoenix Wright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo managed to look over the Fighter Ballot that was used for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U back at 2015 to pick which character that they decide to let Sakurai to add it for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? I did heard a lot of people wanted Steve in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U when the ballot was open back then even Sakurai did said that Eight from Dragon Quest VIII was the most voted Dragon Quest hero in the western side during at the Ballot voting as well.

Since 2 slots are taken so far. I think I pick these 4 for the Fighter Pass Vol. 2 right now:

  • Mike Jones (StarTropics)
  • Impa [Young Form] (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Cross (Avatar) or Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Shantae, Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue series, Quote from Cave Story, or Second Bandai Namco Character - Probably Llyod Irving (Tales series)
Edited by King Marth 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Impa [Young Form] (The Legend of Zelda)

I would absolutely love to have Impa in Smash!!! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Spyro becomes a fighter, what if Sparx can pick up and use items for him? Sparx can, say, swing a Beam Saber, fire a Super Scope, or throw a Bob-Omb. At the very least, Sparx could bring items to Spyro if Spyro hasn't taken too much damage (using the idea that Sparx's color changes based on how much damage Spyro has taken, and flat out disappears if Spyro's at high damage). On Spyro's stage, perhaps other fighters get dragonflies as well? After all, we've seen that Sparx can protect other characters besides Spyro. And of course Spyro's stage would have baskets and jars that can be broken open to get items. Or maybe you get gems and can bring them to Moneybags to get an item? Or Moneybags appears as a stage character you can attack for items, much like Nabbit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...