Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: May our hearts be our guiding light

Perkilator

You know, I feel like Euden from Dragalia Lost is getting too slept on simply for being a mobile game character. He has the potential to be different from Corrin due to:

-Timed dragon transformation

-No dragon parts to use as weapons

-Special moves that would clearly differentiate him from Corrin, both in human and dragon form

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Perkilator said:

You know, I feel like Euden from Dragalia Lost is getting too slept on simply for being a mobile game character. He has the potential to be different from Corrin due to:

-Timed dragon transformation

-No dragon parts to use as weapons

-Special moves that would clearly differentiate him from Corrin, both in human and dragon form

Is it true that Dragalia Lost is still not available in EU countries due to the EU's hostility towards gacha games? If so, this would seriously hinder the chances of getting a fighter. 

8 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

An idea I've batted around over on DK Vine recently is the prospect of Donkey Kong, Jr. as a lighter, faster Donkey Kong.

It's a pretty good idea, but for a Fighters Pass character that has a big focus on bringing something unique, it doesn't seem likely or very interesting.

Edited by Bk1234

9 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

An idea I've batted around over on DK Vine recently is the prospect of Donkey Kong, Jr. as a lighter, faster Donkey Kong.

They've already said they won't release Echo fighters as DLC (if they would then I'd be hopping for Jeanne as a Bayonetta Echo).

To be fair, he wouldn't be an Echo per se as he'd use a different rig than DK himself, being smaller in size. But I get what you mean; he'd be too similar to an existing fighter. I probably should have mentioned the idea in the General Discussion topic instead, something they could do for the default roster in Smash 6. It's kind of amazing Jr. hasn't been added yet, to be honest. You'd think he would have made good roster filler for Melee.

2 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

To be fair, he wouldn't be an Echo per se as he'd use a different rig than DK himself, being smaller in size. But I get what you mean; he'd be too similar to an existing fighter. I probably should have mentioned the idea in the General Discussion topic instead, something they could do for the default roster in Smash 6. It's kind of amazing Jr. hasn't been added yet, to be honest. You'd think he would have made good roster filler for Melee.

Not that surprising considering DK Jr hasn't been relevant since the eighties.

1 hour ago, Lord_Brand said:

And Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt have been? DK, Jr. at least appeared in Super Mario Kart and Mario Tennis in the 90s.

Difference is those series haven't been relative, while Donkey Kong has, filled with it's own cast of potential characters like Diddy Kong and K.Rool who have got in (and Dixie would be next in line for a DK rep).

Which characters do you think are likely until you inevitably get proven wrong? Likewise, what characters do you think are slept on for their DLC potential? Here are my nominees for:

Likely until proven wrong:

-Sora

-Crash

-Min-Min

-Gen 8 Pokémon who WASN’T featured in the Spirit Event

Slept on:

-DeMille (Tomato Adventure)

-Euden (Dragalia Lost)

-Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

-Any NES era character

@Perkilator Here is my short list... I'll edit it later if anything pops into my head. 

Likely Until Proven Wrong:

• Min-Min
  • Non-spirit event Sword and Shield Pokemon
  • Ryu Hayabusa

Slept On:

• Bravely Default 2 rep. 
Edited by Bk1234

Just a thought: what if Celica was the FE character for FP Vol. 1 instead of Byleth? And her stage was the a Temple of Mila, but Garreg Mach Monastery still came as a free stand-alone stage for those who have Three Houses?

12 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Just a thought: what if Celica was the FE character for FP Vol. 1 instead of Byleth? And her stage was the a Temple of Mila, but Garreg Mach Monastery still came as a free stand-alone stage for those who have Three Houses?

I would much prefer Celica over Byleth, but I just don't see the value that Nintendo would receive from doing that. They most likely added Byleth to promote Three Houses, therefore having Celica wouldn't do them any favors. Also, people are more likely to buy Byleth, since Three Houses was much more successful than Shadows of Valentia. (I would love it though, ugh just think of the music we would get...) 

• 2 weeks later...

If you could one character from an already-represented company PLUS Nintendo, who would it be? My picks are:

Nintendo: Min Min

Konami: Frogger

SEGA: Either Sakura or Axel Stone

Capcom: Jill Valentine

NAMCO: Dig-Dug

Square Enix: Sora

ATLUS: Jack Frost

Microsoft: If I HAD to pick one, Master Chief

SNK: Nakoruru

And bonus ones:

Activision: Crash Bandicoot

Ubisoft: Rayman

Spike Chunsoft: Monokuma

Nintendo: Rex and Pyra (I just picked a fairly likely one, I want a lot of Nintendo reps)

Konami: Bomberman 

SEGA: Arle Nadja

Capcom: Phoenix Wright 

NAMCO: Lloyd Irving 

Microsoft: I guess Steve, I really don't know...

Bonus:

Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa 

Edited by Bk1234

On 5/27/2020 at 8:55 AM, Perkilator said:

If you could one character from an already-represented company PLUS Nintendo, who would it be? My picks are:

Nintendo: Min Min

Konami: Frogger

SEGA: Either Sakura or Axel Stone

Capcom: Jill Valentine

NAMCO: Dig-Dug

Square Enix: Sora

ATLUS: Jack Frost

Microsoft: If I HAD to pick one, Master Chief

And bonus ones:

Activision: Crash Bandicoot

Ubisoft: Rayman

Spike Chunsoft: Monokuma

I'll be sticking with the 6 limit, since we know that to be the limits of the pass.

Nintendo: Min Min (and I'm hoping that an ARMS character is the only first party character in FP2).

Sega - Welkin/Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles or Axel Stone from Streets of Rage

Capcom - Ner- I mean Dante from Devil May Cry

Namco - Yuri & Repede from Tales.

Square-Enix - (Anyone but Sora or Geno) Adam Jensen from Deus Ex or Alfyn from Octopath Traveler

Atlus is part of Sega, so doesn't get another. SNK doesn't deserve another. I don't want another from Microsoft (especially if it means Steve).

Bonus 6th rep from unrepresented company:

NISA/Nihon Falcom - Olivie- .... Estelle Bright from the Trails/Kiseki franchise.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Atlus is part of Sega, so doesn't get another. SNK doesn't deserve another. I don't want another from Microsoft (especially if it means Steve).

100% agree! Terry's pack pretty much represented SNK. I really don't want another Microsoft rep., and I can only picture Steve as a mii custome. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

Here are my current most wanted for Vol. 2:

top_10_current_most_wanted_by_herotrainer7_ddz6sd8.png.f3ce0e297746b1bcd586aa22b9d14147.png

Template: https://twitter.com/Templates4Smash/status/1270665038580375552?s=19

Top Row: Sora, Crash, Bandanna Dee, Axel Stone, Euden

Bottom Row: ???, Min Min, Sakura (can't remember last name), Captain Toad, Rayman.

Who is the first person in the second row? 

Edited by Bk1234

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Top Row: Sora, Crash, Bandanna Dee, Axel Stone, Euden

Bottom Row: ???, Min Min, Sakura (can't remember last name), Captain Toad, Rayman.

Who is the first person in the second row? 

Ryota Hayami from the Wave Race series.

• 2 weeks later...

Really, there's only one character that actually has a chance to get in that I happen to like that I can think of. Jibanyan. The Yo-kai watch franchise does fairly well in Japan, despite it not doing well in America due to a multitude of reasons. It's a fun game series though.

2 hours ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Really, there's only one character that actually has a chance to get in that I happen to like that I can think of. Jibanyan. The Yo-kai watch franchise does fairly well in Japan, despite it not doing well in America due to a multitude of reasons. It's a fun game series though.

I feel like Jibanyan has a shot. I'm just worried about the obscurity in the West... 🤔