Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: May our hearts be our guiding light

Perkilator

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Sora were to get in, what stage do you think would best be emblematic of Kingdom Hearts.

21 hours ago, Perkilator said:

So who do you guys think might be the Terry and Joker of Vol. 2? Characters who we don't really talk about but come from a relatively small, yet influential franchise (and may be very recent or very old)?

My bet would be Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars.

Small franchise? Shin Megami Tensei has like sixty games in it. Even if you count only Persona it's still a major series.

42 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So if Sora were to get in, what stage do you think would best be emblematic of Kingdom Hearts.

I made a concept for a stage based on the Station of Awakening a while back. Now stay with me on this one.

Spoiler

Description: The dive into one’s heart, this place is where most Kingdom Hearts games begin. In 1, 2 and 3, it is part of the tutorial.

Layout: Projections of past Kingdom Hearts locations appear often, so each layout is different.

Destiny Islands: The bridge near the water; cameos by KH1 Riku and Kairi.

Traverse Town: The tower in the 4th district, before the coliseum. A Meow Wow balloon appears on one side of the stage every now and then.

Hollow Bastion: The moving platforms near the last floor of the castle; cameos by Shadows, Soldiers and Large Bodies.

End of the World: A group of space rocks that float in different directions, and sometimes clash with each other; cameo by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.

Radiant Garden: The gate to the castle, with two pillars on either side; cameos by BbS Kairi, Even, Dilan, Ienzo and Aeleus.

Castle Oblivion: A group of twisted platforms with doors that teleport the player to different sections; cameos by Marluxia, Larxene, Vexen, Zexion, Lexeaus, and Naminé.

Twilight Town: The Clock Tower with buildings on either side down below, above a moving tram that fighters can jump on; cameos by Axel, Roxas and Xion.

The World that Never Was: Buildings that occasionally move up and down; cameos by Saïx, Xigbar, Luxord, Demyx, Xaldin, and Xemnas.

Land of Departure: A central platform in the middle, with two floating platforms on either side held together by a breakable chain; cameos by Terra, Ventus, Aqua and Eraqus.

Keyblade Graveyard: A stony stage with ravaged Keyblades that pop up from a random area of the screen (25%, medium knockback); cameos by Vanitas and Master Xehanort.

Scala ad Caelum: The top of the clock tower where the final battle of Kingdom Hearts 3 takes place; cameos by the Seekers of Darkness, who all cast a spell that rains down lasers on random reticles on the stage (30%, medium knockback)

The order of the projections is random, but Scala is usually the 4th or 5th one.

Gimmicks and Hazards: After every 3rd projection, a Darkside appears as a stage boss. It can use one of three attacks:

-It can scoop up an orb of darkness, which splits into a huge group of orbs that slowly fall down (2% each, small knockback)
-It can create an orb in its heart-shaped hole, which fires missiles that home in on random fighters (3% each, small knockback)
-It can punch the ground and create a shockwave (20%, medium knockback)

Music:
-Dearly Beloved (New Remix)
-Destati/Dive Into the Heart (New Remix)
-Shrouding Dark Cloud (KH3)
-Destiny’s Force (KH1.5)
-Hand in Hand (New Remix)
-Blast Away! ~Gummi Ship Medley~ (New Remix)
-Blast Away! ~Gummi Ship III~ (KH1.5)
-Forze del Male (New Remix)
-Another Side, Another Story (New Remix)
-The 13th Struggle (KH2.5)
-Lord of the Castle (KH 1.5)
-Revenge of Chaos (Re: COM)
-Sora (New Remix)
-The Encounter (New Remix)
-Tension Rising (New Remix)
-Vim and Vigor (KH2.5)
-The 13th Reflection (KH2.5)
-Hazardous Highway (New Remix)
-The 13th Dilemma (KH2.5)
-The Other Promise (New Remix)
-Fight to the Death (KH2.5)
-Darkness of the Unknown (New Remix)
-Fight and Away (KH1.5)
-Critical Drive (KH1.5)
-Vector to the Heavens (New Remix)
-Enter the Darkness (New Remix)
-Unbreakable Chains
-Master, Tell Me the Truth
-Forze Dell’Oscurita (New Remix)
-Rage Awakened ~The Origin~ (New Remix)
-Dismiss (KH2.5)
-No More Bugs!! (CD version)
-Majestic Wings
-Dread of Night
-L’Eminenza Oscura (New Remix)
-L’Impeto Oscuro (New Remix)
-Wave of Darkness (New Remix)
-The Consuming Dark (New Remix)

Battlefield/Ω Form: The main glass of the Station remains the same, but the pillar below it turns into a bowl-like shape. In Battlefield form, there are platforms based on the steps in KH2’s Station.

Edited by Perkilator

On 7/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, Perkilator said:

So who do you guys think might be the Terry and Joker of Vol. 2? Characters who we don't really talk about but come from a relatively small, yet influential franchise (and may be very recent or very old)?

I would say any of Falcom's franchises such as YS's Adol Christian or Trails' Estelle Bright (or Rean Schwarzer/Lloyd Bannings) would be a Terry situation. YS is one of the pioneers for Action RPG and Trails is a popular RPG in Asian countries but both are kind of not well known and obscured towards the rest of the world especially when compared to Final Fantasy, Tales, Persona, etc. Also happens to be my most wanted for Smash alongside Ace Attorney's Phoenix Wright and Blazblue's Ragna who both would kind of be the Joker situation.

23 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I think this character could be Phoenix Wright, Arle Nadia, Ryu Hayabusa, or Geno. 

Estelle Bright (or Rean Schwarzer/Lloyd Bannings)

I love reading these names, but seriously I would prefer a fighting game only with Falcom characters exclusive.

That said I could imagine Adol being added in Smash since Ys is a very old and popular series and he is the standard protagonist of this series.

Anyways a big guess is Rex from Xenoblade 2.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I love reading these names, but seriously I would prefer a fighting game only with Falcom characters exclusive.

That said I could imagine Adol being added in Smash since Ys is a very old and popular series and he is the standard protagonist of this series.

Actually Falcom did make a fighting game called Ys vs Sora no Kiseki Alternative Saga on PSP but it was only released in Japan. Don't know if it ever sold well enough for them to consider making any more fighting games with their characters though.

12 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Actually Falcom did make a fighting game called Ys vs Sora no Kiseki Alternative Saga on PSP but it was only released in Japan. Don't know if it ever sold well enough for them to consider making any more fighting games with their characters though.

Oh, thanks for letting know.

Do you know if it's recommendable?

I would be probably more interested if more Trails series than Sky had been represented.

And I'm not that familar with Ys so far.

I was thinking, are there any noteworthy Nintendo series left that don't yet have any fighters in Smash? All I can think of that doesn't have any fighters left is Paper Mario, and that's not really a separate title as it's a Mario spin-off. 

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

I was thinking, are there any noteworthy Nintendo series left that don't yet have any fighters in Smash? All I can think of that doesn't have any fighters left is Paper Mario, and that's not really a separate title as it's a Mario spin-off. 

Really depends on what you mean by noteworthy. Like, Earthbound/Mother isn't really all that noteworthy a series, especially now over a decade after any release (this is not a comment on its quality, Mother is pretty damn great). Golden Sun would be just as noteworthy without a fighter yet. You also have to question what a Nintendo series is. Ace Attorney has been released on Nintendo consoles since it's inception but it's not made by Nintendo. Then there's other stuff like Brain Training which was pretty popular but doesn't really have a playable character (though people might have said the same about Wii Fit). Maybe the biggest series to have no playable character is Advance Wars, but that series hasn't been touched in the last decade at all. Personally what I want most is a Sin and Punishment character but I'm afraid that doesn't meet the noteworthy quota at all.

23 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Oh, thanks for letting know.

Do you know if it's recommendable?

I would be probably more interested if more Trails series than Sky had been represented.

And I'm not that familar with Ys so far.

I haven't played it myself yet so I don't know how good the game is.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

Really depends on what you mean by noteworthy. Like, Earthbound/Mother isn't really all that noteworthy a series, especially now over a decade after any release (this is not a comment on its quality, Mother is pretty damn great). Golden Sun would be just as noteworthy without a fighter yet. You also have to question what a Nintendo series is. Ace Attorney has been released on Nintendo consoles since it's inception but it's not made by Nintendo. Then there's other stuff like Brain Training which was pretty popular but doesn't really have a playable character (though people might have said the same about Wii Fit). Maybe the biggest series to have no playable character is Advance Wars, but that series hasn't been touched in the last decade at all. Personally what I want most is a Sin and Punishment character but I'm afraid that doesn't meet the noteworthy quota at all.

Basically, I pretty much just mean anything with a consistent fanbase that is either made by Nintendo, or made by someone owned by/who works alongside Nintendo.

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Basically, I pretty much just mean anything with a consistent fanbase that is either made by Nintendo, or made by someone owned by/who works alongside Nintendo.

Yes, but consistent fanbase is the thing there. How big is a fanbase to be considered consistent? Especially when you factor in inconsistent releases of games and the actual relative obscurity of some characters who are in the game already and are considered Nintendo staples largely more from being in Smash than their own series.

16 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

It really comes down to what you consider “noteworthy.” I would say Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, and Chibi-Robo, but I don’t know how “noteworthy” those would be. Again, it all comes down to what you consider “noteworthy.” If you mean relevant on the Switch then none of these would apply (yet...)! 😅

Edited by Bk1234

I realize now that I've worded my question very poorly, twice now. I guess I was more just wondering if there's anyone left as a viable potential fighter from a Nintendo series that doesn't have any yet? All the fighter predictions I've been seeing lately have either been 3rd party, characters from a series that already has fighters, or joke predictions. 

Does that clarify what I'm trying to ask?

Edited by vanguard333

55 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I realize now that I've worded my question very poorly, twice now. I guess I was more just wondering if there's anyone left as a viable potential fighter from a Nintendo series that doesn't have any yet? All the fighter predictions I've been seeing lately have either been 3rd party, characters from a series that already has fighters, or joke predictions. 

Oh yes, there plenty of viable Nintendo candidates. It's just that fans are more interested in 3rd party and apparently 1st parties can't bring hype anymore (which I personally find BS).

10 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Many viable, but viable and likely are two entirely different things.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

viable and likely are two entirely different things.

True. Are there any that you can think of? As I said before, all that comes to mind for me is Paper Mario (because of The Origami King), and that doesn't really count as that's a Mario spin-off. 

Edited by vanguard333

59 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

True. Are there any that you can think of? As I said before, all that comes to mind for me is Paper Mario (because of The Origami King), and that doesn't really count as that's a Mario spin-off. 

I feel that a character from Astral Chain could be cool, but I don’t know if non-base game spirits are deconfirmed... 😕

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I feel that a character from Astral Chain could be cool, but I don’t know if non-base game spirits are deconfirmed... 😕

A character from Astral Chain would be pretty cool. But oh boy, there would be a social media outrage right now if police officers made it into Smash.

45 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

A character from Astral Chain would be pretty cool. But oh boy, there would be a social media outrage right now if police officers made it into Smash.

Yeah, that was another one of my worries... 😅 If it happens, it happens, but for the sake of social media, let’s hope it doesn’t. 😕

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, that was another one of my worries... 😅 If it happens, it happens, but for the sake of social media, let’s hope it doesn’t. 😕

There was already a ridiculous twitter outrage over Smash picking Min Min over Twintelle, a person of color (despite Min Min being Chinese....) I can't imagine what would have happened if they picked Bark and Bite for the Arms rep. It was never going to happen, of course, but it's a crazy scenario.