Jump to content
Perkilator

Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: 5 more fighters coming by December 2021

Recommended Posts

Character #76 is officially confirmed as Min Min from ARMS.

And with that, Base Game Spirits are officially eligible for Fighter's Pass 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SPIRTS! DO NOT! DECONFIRM!

MY BOY REX STILL HAS A CHANCE!

Edited by Armagon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

SPIRTS! DO NOT! DECONFIRM!

MY BOY REX STILL HAS A CHANCE!

Yay!!! I'm so happy. I really want him in too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

SPIRTS! DO NOT! DECONFIRM!

MY BOY REX STILL HAS A CHANCE!

ELMA'S BACK IN THE RUNNING AS WELL! THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD XENO-FANS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

ELMA'S BACK IN THE RUNNING AS WELL! THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD XENO-FANS!

Indeed! 

Regardless of it's Rex, Elma or any other Xenoblade character, i'll be satisifed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Indeed! 

Regardless of it's Rex, Elma or any other Xenoblade character, i'll be satisifed.

Same here. What ever happens next, I'm all for it because Sakurai will make these characters awesome no matter what game they're from. However, if we do get another Xenoblade rep I expect the hardcore Smash Bros. community will probably get super salty about another sword fighter in the game, but I guess that's just life when you love both Smash and RPGS.

24681406_REVENGEOFTHEANIME.jpg.31097116b04604b19eb8a00cf7bc44c2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

ELMA'S BACK IN THE RUNNING AS WELL! THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD XENO-FANS!

I'm pretty sure Sakurai has said that he really likes Elma. So maybe if Nintendo just told him "Add a Xenoade rep." he would pick her. I would be down for Rex or Elma! 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Xenoblade gets another rep, it should be Rex, imo. Elma's game released years ago, didn't it? So her window is kind of gone. Rex's window is still open since he's the most recent there. Also, I've grown really fond of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If Xenoblade gets another rep, it should be Rex, imo. Elma's game released years ago, didn't it? So her window is kind of gone. Rex's window is still open since he's the most recent there. Also, I've grown really fond of him.

You do realize relevancy isn't the end to be all factor for who gets in Smash right? Just look at King K. Rool and Banjo. It helps, sure, but it's not the only thing that determines whether a character gets in Smash or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize relevancy isn't the end to be all factor for who gets in Smash right? Just look at King K. Rool and Banjo. It helps, sure, but it's not the only thing that determines whether a character gets in Smash or not.

King K. Rool is the main antagonist of DK and Banjo counts as a retro rep. Those kinds of characters get in frequently. Xenoblade to me is like FE, where typically the most recent main protag gets in, because it has a different one in each game of the series.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

King K. Rool is the main antagonist of DK and Banjo counts as a retro rep. Those kinds of characters get in frequently. Xenoblade to me is like FE, where typically the most recent main protag gets in, because it has a different one in each game of the series.

King K. Rool hadn't made a physical appearance in a game for 10 years prior to his inclusion in Smash, and I don't see Banjo-Kazooie being a retro rep if it's third party at this point. It was (and still is :I) a dead franchise after all.

What I'm trying to say is that relevancy is not the ultimate (no pun intended) factor in deciding who gets in as a playable character or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If Xenoblade gets another rep, it should be Rex, imo. Elma's game released years ago, didn't it? So her window is kind of gone. Rex's window is still open since he's the most recent there. Also, I've grown really fond of him.

Xenoblade X ends on a sort of "more adventures with Elma to come" sort of thing. I don't think either Rex or Elma are super likely for Smash DLC at this point, but it's within the realm of possibility that another Xenoblade game is announced with Elma as the lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

King K. Rool hadn't made a physical appearance in a game for 10 years prior to his inclusion in Smash, and I don't see Banjo-Kazooie being a retro rep if it's third party at this point. It was (and still is :I) a dead franchise after all.

What I'm trying to say is that relevancy is not the ultimate (no pun intended) factor in deciding who gets in as a playable character or not.

And what I'm saying is that relevancy IS a big factor for franchises like FE and Xenoblade whose games feature different main characters.

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

Xenoblade X ends on a sort of "more adventures with Elma to come" sort of thing. I don't think either Rex or Elma are super likely for Smash DLC at this point, but it's within the realm of possibility that another Xenoblade game is announced with Elma as the lead.

Huh, I see. That's kind of odd to me. I didn't know Xenoblade X even existed until sometime after Xenoblade 2 came out. And I knew of Xenoblade 2 before its release because it got a lot of attention in stuff like E3 and Directs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And what I'm saying is that relevancy IS a big factor for franchises like FE and Xenoblade whose games feature different main characters.

I'm still not entirely convinced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize relevancy isn't the end to be all factor for who gets in Smash right? Just look at King K. Rool and Banjo. It helps, sure, but it's not the only thing that determines whether a character gets in Smash or not.

You're right, money is way more important, but on that front Xenoblade Chronicles X didn't really perform well at all while 2 did.

Obviously the best Xeno rep is Malos as a Shulk Echo

 

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jotari said:

You're right, money is way more important, but on that front Xenoblade Chronicles X didn't really perform well at all while 2 did.

Obviously the best Xeno rep is Malos as a Shulk Echo

 

You missed my point. What I was trying to say was that you don't need to be relevant in this day and age just to be in Smash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You missed my point. What I was trying to say was that you don't need to be relevant in this day and age just to be in Smash.

Yes, but you do need to be considered profit worthy (especially for DLC), which judging by the metrics of sales, Rex would be considered over Elma. There's really no express reason for Elma to get in over Rex. It's still possible, but with the exception of some kind of X2 release in the works (doubtful) Nintendo has no reason to go for Elma while Rex (or rather Xenoblade 2, as they might use a different character from that game) exists.

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jotari said:

Yes, but you do need to be considered profit worthy (especially for DLC), which judging by the metrics of sales, Rex would be considered over Elma.

You say that, yet they chose Banjo as DLC. They could've easily picked the more relevant and more marketable Steve, but they didn't. They went for the clear fan favorite with Banjo Kazooie, despite being from what is basically a dead franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You say that, yet they chose Banjo as DLC. They could've easily picked the more relevant and more marketable Steve, but they didn't. They went for the clear fan favorite with Banjo Kazooie, despite being from what is basically a dead franchise.

That's the stress. Being a fan favorite means they expect him to sell. It's not about franchise or relevancy, it's about projected sales. Elma does not have a fan following great eclipsing Rex that I'm aware of. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 does have a following greatly eclipsing Xenoblade Chronicles X, however (and in the one poll I did do for this subject back in 2018, the results were that people at Serenes both considered Rex subjectivly preferable and objectively more likely over Elma. In fact the don't care option was equal to Elma). And while we're talking Xenoblade, discounting a character like Fiora or Dunban from the original Xenoblade isn't off the table either as that was also a very popular game that they're still trying to sell to this day with the Definitive Edition.

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jotari said:

And while we're talking Xenoblade, discounting a character like Fiora or Dunban from the original Xenoblade isn't off the table either as that was also a very popular game that they're still trying to sell to this day with the Definitive Edition.

Ooh I would love Fiora! 😍🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who do you guys think might be the Terry and Joker of Vol. 2? Characters who we don't really talk about but come from a relatively small, yet influential franchise (and may be very recent or very old)?

My bet would be Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...