Ringfit Trainee

Dixie Kong

Waluigi

Fortnite rep

Paper Mario

This is actually perfect. 😊

Here are my wants (replace Min Min with the Chorus Kids): 

image.png.47da960eb22ec200afe9f80bfd0338ca.png

I personally predict Crash, Cinderace, and Travis Touchdown. 

Edited by Bk1234

Not what I wanted or expected, but I have to admit, he looks pretty cool, and the fact we can play as a Zombie and an Enderman cracks me up. Worthy addition, definitely.

Sakurai really making it absolutely clear that people should stop bugging him when it comes to character choice.

9 minutes ago, Dai said:

I’m not...upset. Or even disappointed. I’m kind of...stunned.

Why stunned? Did you really think this wasn't a possibility? Minecraft is sort of a big deal.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why stunned? Did you really think this wasn't a possibility? Minecraft is sort of a big deal.

Steve wasn’t my pick, but I never ruled Minecraft out. It’s kind of like Twitter crashing just a moment ago. It’s just a but surreal.

Steve.

I mean, I just find Minecraft to be a weird choice for any fighting game, I don't think it necessarily would have a bad moveset or anything, but on the other hand I don't think Minecraft as a whole makes sense to add to fighters of this style.

It could be worse, we could have gotten another Byleth-esque pick. And really, least it's not a Galar pokemon so we don't have that salt to deal with.

I've never been a fan of the idea of Steve being a playable character in Smash. However, admittedly I'm not as angry as I would've been back in 2018, cuz I got Banjo (and it was one of the biggest reasons why I didn't want Steve in Smash), so I'm just whatever at this point.

Gonna put this here now so I can say I was one of the first to call it.

I think Steve was originally planned to cap off the first fighter pass.

Sakurai talked about how Steve was difficult to implement, going so far as to say every stage needed to be reworked. Thus it isn't strange to think the development of the character might have been pushed back. There was also a rumor/leak just before the game's launch that Minecraft content would be included, but it's highly likely only the first fighter pass was planned at that time. Additionally, the first pass would have been all 3rd party, and maybe the second pass would have been all 1st party (so the rest of the pass might be all 1st party).

They sorted out a second fighter pass and in order to not have to delay a fighter release Byleth and Min Min were pushed up, Byleth going into the first pass.

But that's just a theory.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Gonna put this here now so I can say I was one of the first to call it.

I think Steve was originally planned to cap off the first fighter pass.

Sakurai talked about how Steve was difficult to implement, going so far as to say every stage needed to be reworked. Thus it isn't strange to think the development of the character might have been pushed back. There was also a rumor/leak just before the game's launch that Minecraft content would be included, but it's highly likely only the first fighter pass was planned at that time. Additionally, the first pass would have been all 3rd party, and maybe the second pass would have been all 1st party (so the rest of the pass might be all 1st party).

They sorted out a second fighter pass and in order to not have to delay a fighter release Byleth and Min Min were pushed up, Byleth going into the first pass.

But that's just a theory.

I hope will all of my heart that you are wrong about that.

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I hope will all of my heart that you are wrong about that.

I was kinda thinking that could be the case back before Byleth was announced.

Florete might have just given the answer why though, I'm convinced again that could be the case.

I'd prefer it were smaller if that were the case, though I assume we'll see what happens from here.

And who knows, while it could be so dumb, a third pass could happen, I don't think these are exactly money losers for Ninty.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I was kinda thinking that could be the case back before Byleth was announced.

Florete might have just given the answer why though, I'm convinced again that could be the case.

I'd prefer it were smaller if that were the case, though I assume we'll see what happens from here.

And who knows, while it could be so dumb, a third pass could happen, I don't think these are exactly money losers for Ninty.

I think a 3rd pass would kill our poor god king. And do we really want him to be stuck with Smash Ultimate until the end of like 2023-2025?

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I am  fine with Steve & Alex (that's how it's presented in the website, with both names). Not offended or disappointed about their inclusion.

They look pretty interesting and fun to play. The stage also looks pretty cool.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think a 3rd pass would kill our poor god king. And do we really want him to be stuck with Smash Ultimate until the end of like 2023-2025?

That is a good reason to presume this would be the end of it. Again, add it to the list of reasons a third pass would be dumb.

And yea, I should have added Alex when I mentioned the name. Meanwhile, imo Steve's design is just weird to me, I can't get other the face. AND IT'S JUST STEVE'S THAT GETS TO ME.

If FP2 isn't the end of it, I could see them going ala carte with any additional characters rather than committing to the bundle. And then adding a 3rd fp with all of those a la cartes lumped together at the end.

But, you know, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. We still have 2/3 of fp2 to go. (Hopefully Stevie Wonder will remain the worst part of it.)

Edited by Fabulously Olivier