Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: May our hearts be our guiding light

Perkilator

Alright, I've decided to overhaul this OP a little. Here are the characters in Vol. 2 right now:

1. Min Min (ARMS)
  2. Steve (Minecraft)
  3. Sephiroth (FINAL FANTASY VII)
  4. Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  5. Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
  6. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

And with that, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's life cycle has now concluded.

Edited by Perkilator

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the long release date of this, I'm sure there'll probably be one character we don't even know about on the list. It's unlikely, but I'd personally like another Bayonetta character. Preferably Balder. He's already there as a Spirit though. If they don't intend to make any characters who aren't in the game already as spirits, then the list is pretty limited in first party circles. Maybe another Zelda game with Breath of the Wild 2 in development. I'd love to see classic Pig Beast Ganon.

Edited by Jotari

42 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Given the long release date of this, I'm sure there'll probably be one character we don't even know about on the list. It's unlikely, but I'd personally like another Bayonetta character. Preferably Balder. He's already there as a Spirit though. If they don't intend to make any characters who aren't in the game already as spirits, then the list is pretty limited in first party circles. Maybe another Zelda game with Breath of the Wild 2 in development. I'd love to see classic Pig Beast Ganon.

Once, I advocated for there to be three variants of Link, Zelda, and Ganon each: The Classic versions, the Toon versions, and the "main" versions as seen in OoT and TP, representing the three timelines and the majority of games on each. Of course now I'd also want Champion Link and Champion Zelda as Echoes of the "main" Link and Zelda. Or simply use CFS to create all of the above.

In my heart, Krystal and Shantae are the two I really, really want, but Krystal's already an Assist Trophy, so her chances are slim, while Shantae's are hurt a little by her having a Spirit already. But gosh would they make me happy.

Crash and Spyro, now those two seem far more likely, what with their recent resurgence in relevance and popularity, not to mention their big comeback titles being released on Switch (marking the first time ever their original games are available on a Nintendo console). Their Spirit Boards should also be easy to fill; in fact, it's hard to choose just 11 each, and I find myself choosing group spirits for things like Cortex Commandos, Dragon Elders, and Forgotten Realms Heroes.

Since X is seemingly deconfirmed with the Mii Gunner costume, I'll say Crono is my next pick as Chrono Trigger is an RPG classic and deserves to be represented in Smash. And I'd love to see a Toriyama-animated trailer inspired by the animated opening for the PS1 and DS versions.

Imo Link is the only want that really want 2 versions. Mostly to reflect the changes of Breath of the Wild. 

Link being mostly a tool user has been his schtick since NES, but BoTW clearly abbandoned that.

Zelda is fine as one, and sheik may be either replaced by Impa whit the same moveset or be a separate character.

Ganondorf imo could be splitted in Ganondorf and Ganon, either as a transfoming character or as two. Imo they should follow the lead pf Hyrule Warrior that made him feel really powerful. I am fine even whit keeping Ganon a boss if dorf is decloned.

4 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Imo Link is the only want that really want 2 versions. Mostly to reflect the changes of Breath of the Wild. 

Link being mostly a tool user has been his schtick since NES, but BoTW clearly abbandoned that.

Zelda is fine as one, and sheik may be either replaced by Impa whit the same moveset or be a separate character.

Ganondorf imo could be splitted in Ganondorf and Ganon, either as a transfoming character or as two. Imo they should follow the lead pf Hyrule Warrior that made him feel really powerful. I am fine even whit keeping Ganon a boss if dorf is decloned.

What at all about Ganondorf's current moveset is a clone?

My most wanted characters are:

Devil May Cry: Dante or Nero

NieR: 2B

Tales: Yuri & Repede

Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright with a Miles Edgeworth alt.

Assassin's Creed: Ezio

Monster Hunter

Spyro

Crash Bandicoot

Travis Touchdown

Doom Slayer

My 6 most wanted in bold.

Edited by Etheus

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What at all about Ganondorf's current moveset is a clone?

Ganondorf does not even have energy balls that can be reflected. It's not a Captain Falcon's moveset, but it's still a moveset that has nothing to do whit Ganondorf as he is in Zelda.

14 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Ganondorf does not even have energy balls that can be reflected. It's not a Captain Falcon's moveset, but it's still a moveset that has nothing to do whit Ganondorf as he is in Zelda.

Samus doesn't even have ice beams. Doesn't mean she's a clone.

I'd argue that yes, Ganondorf does still have too many similarities to Captain Fabulous. Not enough to be a straight up clone anymore, but enough to be a disappointing implementation of a character with massive potential.

Also, I rather miss Twilight Princess Ganondorf. That version was actually intimidating.

But what does any of this have to do with the topic?

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Samus doesn't even have ice beams. Doesn't mean she's a clone.

No, but for decloned i was mostly saying that he is an heavily reworked Falcondorf, but still Falcondorf. He still brawl for no reason, while every version of the character used a combination of an heavy weapon(trident in the 2d era, sword in the 3d era) and dark magic. He does not even feel like a warlock, let alone Ganondorf. The energy ball is just a signature attack that is the most obvious missing thing. 

And i don't eve  think the Falcondorf moveset should be removed. Some people really like it. It could be given to a character that suit it instead. Black Shadow is the most obvious option, but it would only make sense if F-Zero is rebooted. 

Just now, Flere210 said:

No, but for decloned i was mostly saying that he is an heavily reworked Falcondorf, but still Falcondorf. He still brawl for no reason, while every version of the character used a combination of an heavy weapon(trident in the 2d era, sword in the 3d era) and dark magic. He does not even feel like a warlock, let alone Ganondorf. The energy ball is just a signature attack that is the most obvious missing thing. 

And i don't eve  think the Falcondorf moveset should be removed. Some people really like it. It could be given to a character that suit it instead. Black Shadow is the most obvious option, but it would only make sense if F-Zero is rebooted. 

The character hasn't at all resembled Cpt Falcon since Brawl though. Look at a comparison between their attacks. They are completely different.

It's not that it is like Falcon, it's that is not like Ganondorf. 

No matter how much you change the attacks, they are stil punches, kicks, and grapples, thing that Ganondorf never used in over a dozen of Zelda games. To me it will never be fully decloned untill his moves got changed to different moves entirely. Sorry if i used a definition of decloning different than what is commonly used.

2 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

No matter how much you change the attacks, they are stil punches, kicks, and grapples, thing that Ganondorf never used in over a dozen of Zelda games. To me it will never be fully decloned untill his moves got changed to different moves entirely. Sorry if i used a definition of decloning different than what is commonly used.

Decloning means making something not a clone. Ganondorf is not a clone. Therefore it is not an accurate word. He was decloned in Brawl.

Also Ganondorf's smash attacks use a sword.

Edited by Jotari

I just want Leon 😭

Tbh I don't really care as long as it's not some super weird thing, and even then that's subjective and I'll always be happy for the people that wanted that character.  I honestly just really want them to go back to doing involved character trailers. Stuff like Hero's where it's preexisting smash bros things happening and it's not obvious and let's you speculate a bit. While I was happy with Byleth I really disliked the trailer, that was my main issue, I think it sucked, though I am happy for the character.

Edited by CH0D

I expect for wave 2:

• another Pokemon representative from Sword and Shield
  • Two newcomers from upcoming games
  • A semi unknown pick from the S/NES library
  • Xenoblade representative 
  • another Capcom or Sega character

Trying to play it safe, just in case my expectations becomes too grand.

Personally, I'm satisfied with getting Joker and Byleth in the first DLC fighter pass. They can add whoever they want and I wouldn't care but I guess if they wanted me to spend more money on Ultimate seeing any of these characters would get me excited.

• Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney
  • KOS-MOS from Xenosaga
  • Ragna from Blazblue
  • Nightmare from Soulcaliber
  • Ezio from Assassin Creed
  • Either Estelle or Rean from Falcom's Trails series

As for an actual prediction I think we will get at least one first party character in the season 2 pass but I doubt it will be a third rate character like Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, etc. like people are wishing for.

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Personally, I'm satisfied with getting Joker and Byleth in the first DLC fighter pass. They can add whoever they want and I wouldn't care but I guess if they wanted me to spend more money on Ultimate seeing any of these characters would get me excited.

• Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney
  • KOS-MOS from Xenosaga
  • Ragna from Blazblue
  • Nightmare from Soulcaliber
  • Ezio from Assassin Creed
  • Either Estelle or Rean from Falcom's Trails series

As for an actual prediction I think we will get at least one first party character in the season 2 pass but I doubt it will be a third rate character like Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, etc. like people are wishing for.

Oh boy. I agree with you, but that's not going to sit well with some here.

Also, I rather like your list.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

Oh boy. I agree with you, but that's not going to sit well with some here.

Also, I rather like your list.

Not just here, I have seen people wishing for those kinds of characters just about everywhere and it is sad to see people call foul about their absent but really characters like Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong fit better as base roster additions because it makes more sense business wise to sell protagonists (whether they are first or third party) of highly acclaimed games or recent games than supporting members of first party games.

Also thanks, I don't have high expectations of any characters on my list getting in but I at least tried to be realistic of who could be a DLC character this time around out of the long list of characters I like.

Who do I think will be included?

No idea. I've learned that Sakurai's a master of faking us out so unless I can teleport to his side and read his mind, I couldn't begin to predict within reason.

As for who I'd like, that's an easy one.

Dante
Sora

I literally don't care about the rest. Do as you will with the remaining 4 slots.

17 hours ago, CH0D said:

I just want Leon 😭

Tbh I don't really care as long as it's not some super weird thing, and even then that's subjective and I'll always be happy for the people that wanted that character.  I honestly just really want them to go back to doing involved character trailers. Stuff like Hero's where it's preexisting smash bros things happening and it's not obvious and let's you speculate a bit. While I was happy with Byleth I really disliked the trailer, that was my main issue, I think it sucked, though I am happy for the character.

Got to agree with this. The trailer was pretty underwhelming compared to previous ones. I liked Solon in it though.

Anyways, for my wishlist, I’m hoping for/expecting a mix of 1st and 3rd party characters in this pass, so my picks are:

1. Crash Bandicoot

2. Adeleine and Ribbon

3. Sora

4. Sirfetch’d

5. Ring Fit Adventurer

6. Arle Nadja

On 1/21/2020 at 11:40 AM, Flere210 said:

Link from the Wind Waker gives a look that says, “Really; never? Are you sure?”

Anyway, I would definitely like to see Ganondorf’s moveset no longer be derived from Captain Falcon and instead be something derived from things he’s known for doing in Zelda. 

Going back to the six DLC Fighters, I can’t think of six characters I think will be the next six fighters. But, I can think of a few characters of which I think it would be cool to see at least one of them in the fighter pass:

• Welkin Gunther/Claude Wallace (Valkyria Chronicles 1/4)
  • Adol Christin (Ys)
  • Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X), ideally revealed in a trailer where it seems like Rex will be the fighter, only for it to be Shulk wearing the Rex Mii Costume, and then Elma shows up.
  • Captain Toad (Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker)
  • Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) in the trailer, she asks Byleth, “Why did you steal my axe, Professor? I would’ve let you borrow it, if you had asked.