Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: May our hearts be our guiding light

Perkilator

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

There was already a ridiculous twitter outrage over Smash picking Min Min over Twintelle, a person of color (despite Min Min being Chinese....) I can't imagine what would have happened if they picked Bark and Bite for the Arms rep. It was never going to happen, of course, but it's a crazy scenario.

A cross section of twitter and Smash fans would be impossible not to cause some outrage regardless as to who you pick.

13 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I feel that a character from Astral Chain could be cool, but I don’t know if non-base game spirits are deconfirmed... 😕

The Astral Chain spirits were added as DLC Spirits for the Version 6.1.1 Patch. I totally think only the in-game spirits like Min Min are the ones that don't get deconfirmed as DLC Fighters.

Edited by King Marth 64

Let’s do a little game. Let’s try to set up our predictions based on these kinds of roles:

-A character for non-Nintendo fans (my pick is Crash)

-A character who comes from an overall big franchises (my pick is Sora; this kind of franchise doesn’t have to be JP, but it’d help)

-A character for hardcore Smash fans (my pick is Bandana Dee)

-A character from a niche franchise (my pick is Sakura Shinguji)

Min Min kinda already fills the same “modern Nintendo/Switch fan” role Byleth fills.

8 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Let’s do a little game. Let’s try to set up our predictions based on these kinds of roles:

-A character for non-Nintendo fans (my pick is Crash)

-A character who comes from an overall big franchises (my pick is Sora; this kind of franchise doesn’t have to be JP, but it’d help)

-A character for hardcore Smash fans (my pick is Bandana Dee)

-A character from a niche franchise (my pick is Sakura Shinguji)

Min Min kinda already fills the same “modern Nintendo/Switch fan” role Byleth fills.

While I doubt Sakurai and Nintendo will try to fit these categories, here are my PREDICTIONS: 

A character for non-Nintendo fans- I would go for Crash because he is iconic, has that legacy factor, and is still pretty modern today. 

A character who comes from an overall big franchise- I would go for Lloyd because the Tales Of series is huge in Japan and Lloyd seems to be its most iconic rep worldwide. 

A character for hardcore Smash fans- For this category I’d go with Geno because he is one of the few highly requested characters left that have been requested for awhile now. 

A character from a niche franchise- For this category I am going to go with Arle Nadia. I feel that in the US at least, Puyo Puyo is a pretty niche franchise, so I guess she would fit. 

Modern Nintendo/Switch fan- If they are giving us another one of these I would say Rex & Pyra or Paper Mario. If an ARMS rep can get in, so can Rex & Pyra. Paper Mario: The Origami King is coming soon, so Paper Mario has that relevancy factor. 

On 7/15/2020 at 5:46 AM, Bk1234 said:

While I doubt Sakurai and Nintendo will try to fit these categories, here are my PREDICTIONS: 

A character for non-Nintendo fans- I would go for Crash because he is iconic, has that legacy factor, and is still pretty modern today. 

A character who comes from an overall big franchise- I would go for Lloyd because the Tales Of series is huge in Japan and Lloyd seems to be its most iconic rep worldwide. 

A character for hardcore Smash fans- For this category I’d go with Geno because he is one of the few highly requested characters left that have been requested for awhile now. 

A character from a niche franchise- For this category I am going to go with Arle Nadia. I feel that in the US at least, Puyo Puyo is a pretty niche franchise, so I guess she would fit. 

Modern Nintendo/Switch fan- If they are giving us another one of these I would say Rex & Pyra or Paper Mario. If an ARMS rep can get in, so can Rex & Pyra. Paper Mario: The Origami King is coming soon, so Paper Mario has that relevancy factor. 

I think we have enough Mario series reps (not counting the Mario subseries reps such as Donkey Kong, Wario, and Yoshi) in Ultimate along with Pokémon series reps. I still think Rex should have a chance or Elma instead to join in Ultimate.

Edited by King Marth 64

46 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I think we have enough Mario series reps (not counting the Mario subseries reps such as Donkey Kong, Wario, and Yoshi) in Ultimate along with Pokémon series reps. I still think Rex should have a chance or Elma instead to join in Ultimate.

Looking back at this, Paper Mario seems like a dumb choice to be honest... 😅 I mean I think it could still happen, but a Xenoblade rep just seems so much more likely. I also wanted to mention that I completely undermined Puyo Puyo’s popularity in Japan. I think it would definitely be a niche pick for the West though. 

23 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Looking back at this, Paper Mario seems like a dumb choice to be honest... 😅 I mean I think it could still happen, but a Xenoblade rep just seems so much more likely. I also wanted to mention that I completely undermined Puyo Puyo’s popularity in Japan. I think it would definitely be a niche pick for the West though. 

Well technically, I still think we don't need more Mario reps (not counting the subseries as I mentioned earlier), Pokemon reps, and sadly for the Fire Emblem reps (since some of the Smash Bros. community that didn't like Fire Emblem that gotten mad for Byleth joined in and they had no idea Mario and Pokemon had way more reps than Fire Emblem has) since I recall the highest amount of reps in Ultimate was Pokemon with 10 fighters (3 counted for Pokemon Trainer) and second highest was Mario series with 9 fighters.

Since Geno doesn't have his own game, I totally think Geno would have been introduced as a Mario series rep and not a Mario subseries rep and Paper Mario might be counted as a Mario series rep since Dr. Mario was stuck as a Mario series rep. I still think Sakurai might not adding Geno, Paper Mario, nor any more Mario series reps since he's probably had a thought that it be way too much for roster since Piranha Plant was the only Mario series rep for the entire DLC content and I don't know if he might have plans might focus on the sub series since we only have like 5 as in Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Diddy Kong, and King K. Rool as of right now, that one from a sub series reps should qualify to join in for the Fighter Pass Vol. 2. I still think Dixie Kong should deserve the spot since she was scrapped in Brawl back then.

Edited by King Marth 64

12 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Well technically, I still think we don't need more Mario reps (not counting the subseries as I mentioned earlier), Pokemon series, and sadly for the Fire Emblem series (since some of the Smash Bros. community that didn't like Fire Emblem that gotten mad for Byleth joined in and they had no idea Mario and Pokemon had way more reps than Fire Emblem has) since I recall the highest amount of reps in Ultimate was Pokemon with 10 fighters (3 counted for Pokemon Trainer) and second highest was Mario series with 9 fighters.

Since Geno doesn't have his own game, I totally think Geno would have been introduced as a Mario series rep and not a Mario subseries rep and Paper Mario might be counted as a Mario series rep since Dr. Mario was stuck as a Mario series rep. I still think Sakurai might not adding Geno, Paper Mario, nor any more Mario series reps since he's probably had a thought that it be way too much for roster since Piranha Plant was the only Mario series rep for the entire DLC content and I don't know if he might have plans might focus on the sub series since we only have like 5 as in Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Diddy Kong, and King K. Rool as of right now, that one from a sub series reps should qualify to join in for the Fighter Pass Vol. 2. I still think Dixie Kong should deserve the spot since she was scrapped in Brawl back then.

Since Nintendo is choosing the characters, I don’t think they really care about how many characters are in each series. 😅 After all, they decided to add Byleth to FE, which had quite a few reps. (No complaints here, though I wish they did what they did for Arms, where they added a popular character...) I actually totally forgot about Pokemon, so I’m glad you brought that up. I think they COULD do a promotion thing with Pokemon if they wanted to. Cinderace would be the only likely Gen 8 rep that I would like to see added in though, so 🤞... 

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Since Nintendo is choosing the characters, I don’t think they really care about how many characters are in each series. 😅 After all, they decided to add Byleth to FE, which had quite a few reps. (No complaints here, though I wish they did what they did for Arms, where they added a popular character...) I actually totally forgot about Pokemon, so I’m glad you brought that up. I think they COULD do a promotion thing with Pokemon if they wanted to. Cinderace would be the only likely Gen 8 rep that I would like to see added in though, so 🤞... 

First off, we don't have any Pokeballs Gen 8 Pokemons were added for Ultimate, I think adding a single Gen 8 Pokemon as a fighter without any Pokeball Pokemons from Gen 8 would be strange. Second, we kinda had two Fire-type Pokemons in Ultimate along with two Water-type Pokemons, if they did add an another Pokemon for the DLC, I still think they would have to go with a Grass-type and maybe add Rillaboom as completing the element weapon triangle for Greninja and Incineroar like Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard did since I did saw some were requested Decidueye as a Grass-type while back for Ultimate since back then before they revealed Incineroar as the Gen 7 Pokemon as a fighter and all the fighters came back.

Edited by King Marth 64

10 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Rillaboom = trash. If they add a grass starter, I hope it's Sceptile, since they already missed the Decidueye ship.

They've missed Sceptile by a long way too. Don't see why you'd think either one of those would be more likely than the other. Maybe you'd just personally prefer Sceptile, but "missing" Decidueye wouldn't really be a factor in that.

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

They've missed Sceptile by a long way too. Don't see why you'd think either one of those would be more likely than the other. Maybe you'd just personally prefer Sceptile, but "missing" Decidueye wouldn't really be a factor in that.

I say missing because they already added a Gen... 7? Pokemon in Incineroar.

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

First off, we don't have any Pokeballs Gen 8 Pokemons were added for Ultimate, I think adding a single Gen 8 Pokemon as a fighter without any Pokeball Pokemons from Gen 8 would be strange. Second, we kinda had two Fire-type Pokemons in Ultimate along with two Water-type Pokemons, if they did add an another Pokemon for the DLC, I still think they would have to go with a Grass-type and maybe add Rillaboom as completing the element weapon triangle for Greninja and Incineroar like Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard did since I did saw some were requested Decidueye as a Grass-type while back for Ultimate since back then before they revealed Incineroar as the Gen 7 Pokemon as a fighter and all the fighters came back.

Who said having two fire types would deconfirm another one? 😅 Greninja and Incineroar both had a large presence in the anime, so it makes sense why they were chosen. It looks like the Scorbunny line is going to have a large presence in this anime, so if they are going based on that, then Cinderace would probably be their pick. 🤔

So, here's a fun little game. Pick a character from each of the years not yet represented in Smash (pre-2020). Here are the years:

My picks are:

1982: Dig Dug
2000: Adeleine and Ribbon
2003: Lyn
2008: Neku Sakuraba
2011: Snivy
2014: Queen Sectonia (Boss)
2018: Euden

Edited by Perkilator

On 7/22/2020 at 11:27 PM, Perkilator said:

So, here's a fun little game. Pick a character from each of the years not yet represented in Smash (pre-2020). Here are the years:

My picks are:

1982: Dig Dug
2000: Adeleine and Ribbon
2003: Lyn
2008: Neku Sakuraba
2011: Snivy
2014: Queen Sectonia (Boss)
2018: Euden

1982 - Q-Bert

2000 - Spyro (Spyro Year of the Dragon)

2003 - Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

2008 - Nero (Devil May Cry 4)

2011 - Adam Jensen (Deus Ex Human Revolution)

2014 - Sceptile (Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire)

2018 - Kratos (God of War)

10 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

1982 - Q-Bert

2000 - Spyro (Spyro Year of the Dragon)

2003 - Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

2008 - Nero (Devil May Cry 4)

2011 - Adam Jensen (Deus Ex Human Revolution)

2014 - Sceptile (Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire)

2018 - Kratos (God of War)

Sceptile was debut in 2002 for Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire was released for the GBA system, not 2014. Also, Spyro was debut in 1998, not 2000.

Edited by King Marth 64

7 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Sceptile was debut in 2002 for Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire was released for the GBA system, not 2014. Also, Spyro was debut in 1998, not 2000.

I believe they mean just the year, not the year the debut. 

From what I see, pretty neat ideas!

10 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

He didn't specify "debut" appearances, and I'm not holding myself to that either way. 2000 and 2014 were bad enough years for gaming, IMO, as is, and I would have a miserable time picking if I further restricted myself.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Rillaboom = trash. If they add a grass starter, I hope it's Sceptile, since they already missed the Decidueye ship.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:41 PM, Jotari said:

I've been wanting either Decidueye or Sceptile in Smash Bros. for quite some time. When Incineroar was announced, I was really disappointed. Honestly, I'd be happy if either one ended up as a fighter, but I honestly doubt it's going to happen at this point. 

Besides, Torterra would be a far better choice than either of them (just kidding; as cool as I think it would be, I doubt Torterra as a Smash Bros. fighter would actually happen). 

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I've been wanting either Decidueye or Sceptile in Smash Bros. for quite some time. When Incineroar was announced, I was really disappointed. Honestly, I'd be happy if either one ended up as a fighter, but I honestly doubt it's going to happen at this point. 

Besides, Torterra would be a far better choice than either of them (just kidding; as cool as I think it would be, I doubt Torterra as a Smash Bros. fighter would actually happen). 

How would torterra jump or recover?

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

How would torterra jump or recover?

Jumping would be similar to Ivysaur. Recovery would be by having a Starly that lives in the tree on its back lift Torterra by the tree, since the Pokedex data for Torterra says that bird Pokemon like to build nests on Torterra's back. 

But, in any case, I wasn't being serious when I said Torterra would be a better choice than Decidueye or Sceptile.