Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: May our hearts be our guiding light

Perkilator

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Poorly. But man would it's ground game be good. Little Mac 2.0

That's another good answer, though I still think it would be interesting if its up special would be it being carried through the air by a Starly. 

Edited by vanguard333

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s say FP Vol. 1 (and Piranha Plant) was this:

• The Wild Card (Piranha Plant): Pretty much an excuse to do whatever if a fighter had to be locked behind a pre-order bonus for a bit.
  • The Outsider (Joker): A popular hit, but little to no connection with Nintendo
  • The Legend (Hero): A character from a massively popular and influential series
  • The Fan Favorite (Banjo): A character who stays popular despite having not seen too much time in the spotlight as of late
  • The Dark Horse (Terry): An iconic yet niche character who isn’t considered very likely
  • The Promo Pick (Byelth): A character from a fairly recent game (bonus points if it’s Switch exclusive)

If Vol. 2 mirrors this, which characters would you add? Me, personally:

• Wild Card: Min Min (since she’s already in)
  • Outsider: Chosen Undead (for such a popular series, it’s kinda jarring that only the first game has seen Nintendo presence, and that’s only a Switch port)
  • The Legend: Crash Bandicoot (fellow rival platformer of Mario and Sonic, massively popular worldwide)
  • Fan Favorite: Bandana Dee (widely considered the series’ “4th main character”)
  • Dark Horse: Sakura Shinguji (a series mostly popular in Japan, with only two games giving overseas the time of day)
  • Promo Pick: Cinderace (a Spirit Event-and one that not only happened during Vol. 1, but barely even scratched the surface of the Galar Pokédex-isn’t going to stop a recent entry in the biggest media franchise of all time)

Has anyone ever suggested a character from Fornite? I've played a tonne of it myself, but only battle royal so I don't know if it has any kind of defined story or characters, but the game does offer a pretty vast range of abilities for its characters to use beyond the standard shooter formula that Snake already covers.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Has anyone ever suggested a character from Fornite? I've played a tonne of it myself, but only battle royal so I don't know if it has any kind of defined story or characters, but the game does offer a pretty vast range of abilities for its characters to use beyond the standard shooter formula that Snake already covers.

I considered the possibly, but I don’t dwell on it anymore since I really don’t want one to get in... 😂

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m just not a big fan of Fortnite or the community that comes with it. 😅

Not wanting to inherit a community I could get (though despite playing it a lot I have absolutely no idea how toxic or otherwise the Fortnite community is), but even if one isn't interested in a game I think you could still enjoy an interesting character from it. I wouldn't say I'm particularly interested in Wii Fit, bur I do appreciate what the Wii Fit Trainer brings to the table.

On 8/21/2020 at 9:14 AM, Perkilator said:

Here's a diagram I made not too long ago:

14460565_DiagramMeme1.jpg.9472c3ba3d7996aa99a7664879c09dd6.jpg

I think part of the reason why Euden is so overlooked is because the EU (EUden :rolleyes:) doesn’t really like the concept of gacha games, like Dragalia Lost. It might not settle well if he is added into Smash, but I could be wrong. 😅 I personally wouldn’t want him in anyway. I’d much prefer Lloyd Irving or even another Fire Emblem rep. 

• 4 weeks later...

If they do add both Crash and Spyro, I hope they get spots next to each other on the mural. That feels like the only proper option.

I kinda want Crash and Spyro to be back-to-back DLC. I know that gives Activision two fighters in one pass, but to be fair Capcom, Konami, and SEGA (effectively) all already have three, even if two of those are Echoes. If we got Crash and Spyro back-to-back or even side-by-side, would anyone here complain? We all know Crash is the more likely of the two, but dang would I love for Spyro to get added as well. Seeing the stage, the music, the Spirits - shoot, maybe even background characters like Hunter, Elora, and Bianca - would just tickle me and make me feel all giddy.

Okay, so here's a character I've been considering recently; Frank West from Dead Rising.

However, I imagined him more as a bonus character with his UMvC3 theme and a coupe Spirits of Chuck Greene and Nick Ramos.

Edited by Perkilator

• 2 weeks later...

I just managed to set my alarm to see the Challenger 7 Pack Direct for tomorrow. I hope it's an another 1st Party Fighter from a Nintendo game since we definitely need more 1st Party characters since the first Fighter Pass Vol. 1 except for Byleth has too many 3rd Party Fighters and we definitely have Piranha Plant, Byleth, and Min Min are currently the only entire 1st Party characters in the entire DLC roster as of right now.

Edited by King Marth 64

Because of the close proximity to the Pokemon Direct and DLC I expect the new Fighter to be a Pokemon. I also suspect this will be a grass Pokemon to ensure all starter types have a representative. Considering I don't want a Pokemon I also expect to end up rather disappointing by the announcement. 

I'm still rooting for Rex and Pyra to claim the spot they were denied at launch.

I'm very excited but also will try to keep expectations low. Personally wishing it's Phoenix Wright or Lloyd Irving. If it's pokemon I just hope it isn't one of the starters. Would like to see Toxtricity, Grimmsnarl, Dragapult, or just about anyone other than a starter get some love this time.

19 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Because of the close proximity to the Pokemon Direct and DLC I expect the new Fighter to be a Pokemon. I also suspect this will be a grass Pokemon to ensure all starter types have a representative. Considering I don't want a Pokemon I also expect to end up rather disappointing by the announcement. 

I'm still rooting for Rex and Pyra to claim the spot they were denied at launch.

This isn't the first time a Smash Ultimate announcement has accompanied a Pokemon announcement.

*Is cleaning shelves. Knocks over a hope chest of predictions. The contents spring out because it wasn't locked*

1. Sub Zero
  2. Travis Touchdown
  3. Dante
  4. Gooey
  5. Master Chief

This is so embarrassing. You weren't supposed to see Gooey

Edited by Glennstavos

Aight, here's a list of my predictions for tomorrow:

Actual prediction: Crash Bandicoot or something idk

Hopes: Amaterasu, Astral Chain MC

Semi-joke pick/prediction: Rex and Pyra/Mythra since Chuggaaconroy started a XBC2 LP earlier and it seems to be a running gag lately that whenever he LPs a game, a major announcement regarding the series the game is in happens. Also counts as one of my hopes.

Actual joke pick/prediction: Hatsune Miku. I know she will never happen since she's not a videogame character, but I just want to see the complete and utter confusion/rage if we live in the universe where Hatsune Miku can fight Mario and Cloud Strife.

Hopes:

Dante

Crash

Spyro

2B

Monster Hunter

Phoenix Wright

Tales - Lloyd or Yuri

Trails - Estelle, Rean, or Olivert

Ys - Adol or Dana

Expectations:

Geno