Jingilator

Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: One day, our wallets just disappeared; 2 chances left for your most wanted

I expect that Crash will be Pack #11, as its likely release window would coincide with the release of his first game. We're getting Pyra & Mythra in March, and so far the pattern for FP2 has been a release in the first month of each season with the exception of Steve, which means we're probably getting DLC Pack #10 in June and Pack #11 in September. Crash Bandicoot's release date? September 9th, 1996 (which means he's celebrating his 25th anniversary this year, making adding him to Smash even more appropriate).

That leaves the matter of who Pack #10 will be. It's interesting that June would be the projected release month for #10, because do you know what game series debuted in June? On June 2, 2002, specifically?

Shantae.

I'm still holding out hope for the bandicoot and the belly dancer. The roster just doesn't feel complete without the fuzzy marsupial and the half-genie hero to round out the colorful cast.

Edited by Lord_Brand

On 2/19/2021 at 5:26 PM, vanguard333 said:

Ah; by "not acknowledged with this series", I thought you had meant that you hadn't played any games in the series. My bad. 

I stopped playing VIII after an hour because I got totally lost.

I played a bit more in I, but not significant enough to get to know much about the main character and story.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:01 AM, Lord_Brand said:

I expect that Crash will be Pack #12, as its likely release window would coincide with the release of his first game. We're getting Pyra & Mythra in March, and so far the pattern for FP2 has been a release in the first month of each season with the exception of Steve, which means we're probably getting DLC Pack #11 in June and Pack #12 in September. Crash Bandicoot's release date? September 9th, 1996 (which means he's celebrating his 25th anniversary this year, making adding him to Smash even more appropriate).

That leaves the matter of who Pack #11 will be. It's interesting that June would be the projected release month for #11, because do you know what game series debuted in June? On June 2, 2002, specifically?

Shantae.

I'm still holding out hope for the bandicoot and the belly dancer. The roster just doesn't feel complete without the fuzzy marsupial and the half-genie hero to round out the colorful cast.

As in Challenger Pack #12 that you mean by Sakurai should make a Fighters Pass Vol. 3 that has it bewteen 12 and somewhere close enough after 15 (like it contains Challenger Pack 12 to either 16, 17, or higher than that) and announce it sometime during at Challenger Pack 10's or 11's announcement, correct? I definitely think Shantae will might make it in somewhere at #10 or #11 since she was been requested during at in the For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U era.

Edited by King Marth 64

2 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

As in Challenger Pack #12 that you mean by Sakurai should make a Fighters Pass Vol. 3 that has 12 and close enough somewhere after 15 (like 12 to either 16, 17, or higher than that) and announce it sometime during at Challenger Pack 10's or 11's announcement, correct? I definitely think Shantae will might make it in somewhere at #10 or #11 since she was been requested during at in the For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U era.

Oh, whoops, I got my numbering mixed up! I should have said 10 and 11, not 11 and 12. I'll fix that.

Would definitely love a Vol. 3, though. You know what they say: The more, the merrier! But should Vol. 3 have seven packs to keep the incremental pattern going?

Edited by Lord_Brand

6 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

Oh, whoops, I got my numbering mixed up! I should have said 10 and 11, not 11 and 12. I'll fix that.

Would definitely love a Vol. 3, though. You know what they say: The more, the merrier!

I'm not a big Crash fan since I mostly play the Spyro games. But, wasn't the requests of Crash to Smash Bros. started around in Ultimate development than For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U since alot of newcomer fighters that I know from Ultimate were been requested from the Fighter Ballot when it was used For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U era like King K. Rool, Chrom, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Isabelle, Eight (highest Dragon Quest requested character in the West), Dark Samus, Steve, Daisy, etc.?

Edited by King Marth 64

8 hours ago, Jingilator said:

Who are you hoping are the last 2 fighters?

For me, it's any two of:

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Bandana Dee
  • Sora
  • Dr. Eggman

Crash Bandicoot. That's really all I'm hoping for.

Ah, if I could any 2 characters, it would be Arle (from Puyo Puyo) and Jibanyan, but my dreams for any Yo-Kai Watch representation in Smash were crushed long ago. If I were more realistic, Arle and a Monster Hunter rep would be cool admittedly.

I'm still putting my hopes that we might something new for Challenger Pack 10 and 11 in Fighter Pass Vol. 2. I'm just giving my thought that I don't think Dante nor Monster Hunter rep be likely due to they been lately requested during in the middle of Ultimate's development and we already have 2 Capcom Franchises already, but I'm still not too sure about Crash might make it though. I seriously think Sakurai and Nintendo will might fill in a 2nd Bandai Namco Character in for either Challenger Pack 10 and 11 since Bandai Namco hadn't gotten a 2nd Bandai Namco franchise rep yet in Ultimate.

Edit from March 4th: Pyra's and Mythra's Presentation shows the Mii Fighter Costume Round 9 that the two Monster Hunter Costumes from For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U returned along with Felyne Hat came today. I totally did predicted that the Monster Hunter Rep would deconfirmed. I'm still giving my hopes for a spot of the 2nd Bandai Namco franchise rep (Llyod Irving or a different 2nd Bandai Namco Franchise Rep) would show up to Fighter Pass Vol. 2 either Challenger Pack 10 or 11.

Edited by King Marth 64
Just confirmed from Pyra's and Mythra's Presentation.