Fighter’s Pass Vol. 2: May our hearts be our guiding light

Perkilator

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think a 3rd pass would kill our poor god king. And do we really want him to be stuck with Smash Ultimate until the end of like 2023-2025?

Is there something wrong with it?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Is there something wrong with it?

Wrong with Smash Ultimate? Of course not. But I think it's fair to say that the franchise does need to move forward eventually and Sakurai needs to be able to move on to another passion project eventually. He has a passion for Kirby and Kid Icarus, and he clearly has a passion for Fire Emblem.

20 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

r/DevilMayCry - Hopefully no one beat me to the punch

I mean... it's technically not a bad inclusion, but it doesn't really excite me at all. Maybe the stage will be fun? Hopefully the next fighter will be more interesting.

That image physically hurts me. 

More of 2020 being 2020.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw we were getting a Minecraft character/s in Smash. I'm pretty much indifferent to their inclusion in Smash. Don't care about Minecraft but it has made a big name for itself so I can see why it was picked for Smash Bros.

Just four more left huh. The only confident prediction I'm willing to make is that one of those slots is probably being reserved for a Gen 8 Pokemon (would tie in nicely if released in 2021 during Pokemon's 25th anniversary). The rest could be anything at this point. I haven't played Smash Bros since January though I check up on the news for fun every now and then but if Nintendo really wants me to get really interested in Smash Bros again I would love to see any of Phoenix Wright, Ragna the Bloodedge, KOS-MOS, Ryu Hayabusa or a Falcom rep (preferably Estelle or Adol) be playable in Smash, not that I'm actually expecting any of them though.

9 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw we were getting a Minecraft character/s in Smash. I'm pretty much indifferent to their inclusion in Smash. Don't care about Minecraft but it has made a big name for itself so I can see why it was picked for Smash Bros.

Just four more left huh. The only confident prediction I'm willing to make is that one of those slots is probably being reserved for a Gen 8 Pokemon (would tie in nicely if released in 2021 during Pokemon's 25th anniversary). The rest could be anything at this point. I haven't played Smash Bros since January though I check up on the news for fun every now and then but if Nintendo really wants me to get really interested in Smash Bros again I would love to see any of Phoenix Wright, Ragna the Bloodedge, KOS-MOS, Ryu Hayabusa or a Falcom rep (preferably Estelle or Adol) be playable in Smash, not that I'm actually expecting any of them though.

A Falcom rep would make me so happy just for the soundtrack.

Smashing to Sunshine Coastline is the dream.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

A Falcom rep would make me so happy just for the soundtrack.

Smashing to Sunshine Coastline is the dream.

I would pay money just for Falcom soundtracks in Smash, especially if there were 50ish music tracks like what SNK got.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

r/DevilMayCry - Hopefully no one beat me to the punch

I mean... it's technically not a bad inclusion, but it doesn't really excite me at all. Maybe the stage will be fun? Hopefully the next fighter will be more interesting.

My hot take: between Dante and Steve, I'd rather have Steve.

I also already like this fighter pass more than the first.

Edited by Florete

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

My hot take: between Dante and Steve, I'd rather have Steve.

I also already like this fighter pass more than the first.

If fighters pass two is doing more for you than fighters pass one I say more power to you. I'm not actually mad that Steve got in, I just wanted to use that image because it's funny. That's not to say I don't want Dante in the game because I freaking love Devil May Cry, but at this point I'm not going to get too worked up if none of my favorite choices get in because the roster already has so many characters I absolutely adore like Simon and Terry. Though I still stand by my statement that Steve isn't really exciting, at least not for me personally.

2 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

If fighters pass two is doing more for you than fighters pass one I say more power to you. I'm not actually mad that Steve got in, I just wanted to use that image because it's funny. That's not to say I don't want Dante in the game because I freaking love Devil May Cry, but at this point I'm not going to get too worked up if none of my favorite choices get in because the roster already has so many characters I absolutely adore like Simon and Terry. Though I still stand by my statement that Steve isn't really exciting, at least not for me personally.

Fighter pass 1 did close to nothing for me so the bar was pretty low.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Wrong with Smash Ultimate? Of course not. But I think it's fair to say that the franchise does need to move forward eventually and Sakurai needs to be able to move on to another passion project eventually. He has a passion for Kirby and Kid Icarus, and he clearly has a passion for Fire Emblem.

Ah, I misunderstood then, sorry about that! 

Well, it's good that they really are trying to make it as good as possible. Being that dedicated to it says something.

Also, the day they let you buy actual alts and soundtracks for stages... they'll be more worth buying than the fighters!

I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo managed to look over the Fighter Ballot that was used for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U back at 2015 to pick which character that they decide to let Sakurai to add it for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? I did heard a lot of people wanted Steve in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U when the ballot was open back then even Sakurai did said that Eight from Dragon Quest VIII was the most voted Dragon Quest hero in the western side during at the Ballot voting as well.

Since 2 slots are taken so far. I think I pick these 4 for the Fighter Pass Vol. 2 right now:

• Mike Jones (StarTropics)
  • Impa [Young Form] (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Cross (Avatar) or Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Shantae, Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue series, Quote from Cave Story, or Second Bandai Namco Character - Probably Llyod Irving (Tales series)
Edited by King Marth 64

If Spyro becomes a fighter, what if Sparx can pick up and use items for him? Sparx can, say, swing a Beam Saber, fire a Super Scope, or throw a Bob-Omb. At the very least, Sparx could bring items to Spyro if Spyro hasn't taken too much damage (using the idea that Sparx's color changes based on how much damage Spyro has taken, and flat out disappears if Spyro's at high damage). On Spyro's stage, perhaps other fighters get dragonflies as well? After all, we've seen that Sparx can protect other characters besides Spyro. And of course Spyro's stage would have baskets and jars that can be broken open to get items. Or maybe you get gems and can bring them to Moneybags to get an item? Or Moneybags appears as a stage character you can attack for items, much like Nabbit?

• 2 months later...

3 remaining that I would pick:

• Mike Jones from StarTropics series (We do need more Nintendo reps since Fighter Pass Vol. 1 had way too much 3rd Parties and plus, we didn't have a newcomer retro Nintendo rep added to Ultimate)
  • 2nd Namco franchise rep (I would pick Llyod Irving from the Tales of Series, Namco deserves a 2nd franchise rep since Capcom, Sega, Konami, Square Enix, and Microsoft had two franchises added in Ultimate, I wasn't saying they have 2 fighters in total, I was refering to franchises since I know that Capcom and Konami has Ken and Richter as Echo Fighters and Square Enix had Sephiroth is a brand new fighter recently released)
  • Tricky part that I would pick out: Impa (younger version), Cross or Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, Black Shadow from F-Zero series (F-Zero needs more reps and Black Shadow would be a good candidate to qualitify in the villain category fighters as well), or 2nd SNK franchise rep

I just hope that Fighter Pass Vol. 2 doesn't go over board with the 3rd Party characters again since more Nintendo reps deserves a chance for DLC roster. And plus, I would maybe stick with no more fighters from different 3rd Party franchises from Capcom, Sega, Konami, Square Enix, and Microsoft for right now. (like Devil May Cry, Halo, Puyo Puyo, etc., I would think that would go for the next installment instead.)

Edited by King Marth 64

My picks are Crash Bandicoot, Shantae, and Dr. Eggman. I know that Shadow is more likely than the Doc, but I want Eggman more. Of course I'd love to see most of the recurring Sonic crew join the roster, likely in Smash 6. In particular, I'd like to see Eggman, Tails, Amy, Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Omega, and Blaze.

Though this may be greedy, I hope for a 3rd pass. On the other hand, if getting only two means they can start working on Smash 6 sooner and really make some changes, I can live without a 3rd pass. But if they can co-develop Smash 6 and FP3, even better! After all, they gotta keep the cash rolling in somehow. Fighter Passes seem like a good way to do that. And chances are Smash 6 won't happen until the next Nintendo console, so yearly Fighter Passes might be a good way to fill in the gap.

Edited by Lord_Brand