Who will be on the next hero fest banner?

Endriu

We had our last hero fest banner during Sothis banner about 6 months ago. I have a feeling we might get a new one in February during anniversary.

Who do you think will be featured?

Imo

M! Or F!Byleth for red

Edelgard for green.

However,  since Eir was on one hero fest banner in the past Sothis might also be an option. Overall I think Hero fest banners should consist of legendary or mythic units.

I have totally no idea who might represent blue or colorless

Based on previous hero fests they're units that are in the regular summoning pool or at least appeared in a new heroes summoning banner. They'll also be good units, but more importantly premium fodder for SI purposes.

My pick for each color is Duo Ephraim, Igrene, Osian and Brave Camilla.

I'm thinking it might just be a CYL3 re-run with higher rates. I know the CYL1 and 2 Hero Fests didn't coincide with the anniversary last time but I think they're pretty relevant for right now.

I am assuming they allow for Duo, Legendary, and Mythic Heroes.

Red: Igrene, Phina

Red Duo/Legendary/Mythic: Altina

Blue: Dimitri, Sirius

Blue Duo/Legendary/Mythic: Desert Mercenaries Ephraim, Azura: Vallite Songstress, Julia: Crusader of Light, Peony.

Green: Edelgard, Gerik, Osian, Nagi

Green Duo/Legendary/Mythic: Thrasir, Celica: Queen of Valentia

Colorless: Claude, Darkness Within Y!Tiki, Larum

Colorless Duo/Legendary/Mythic: Leif: Unifier of Thracia

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Anniversaries are usually just past CYL Banners at 5% sooooooo, gonna lock in that one

The CYL Hero Fests last year happened in late April. There was no Anniversary one, as the controversial 2nd anniversary special banner only had the usual 6% rate after the random pick.

Hmm hard to say. Units I'd want would be... Maybe Naga and Legendary Robin? I want more Dancing Berkuts, too (merging.) I wouldn't say no to some merging for my Duo Ephraim either since I got a +atk one. I want Legendary Ephraim and Legendary Hector, too. Also, anything with Distant Counter. I want more Griels and a +spd Hilda, too. Hmm pretty sure I'm forgetting wishlist units... The recent Halloween units were fun. Actually, all the Halloween units.

But yeah, Dancing Berkut merges are a big wish list item for me right now since mine's unmerged (and still manages to wreck most things. He's +atk with Berkut's Lance+ and gets some nice bonusses from his support with my fully-merged Dancing Rinea.) But if blue winds up being Duo Ephraim, that gives me the chance to build mine a little better, too! Much like how last year gave me a merge for my +atk Duma. :3

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

why on earth would Phina be on a hero fest?

She is a Dancer/Singer that can do Counter-Vantage with an open B slot. She can either do Moonbow-Special Spiral and function as a regular Counter-Vantage unit against armors and cavalry, or she can run Null C-Disrupt to expand her coverage to counter Firesweep cavalry.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

She is a Dancer/Singer that can do Counter-Vantage with an open B slot. She can either do Moonbow-Special Spiral and function as a regular Counter-Vantage unit against armors and cavalry, or she can run Null C-Disrupt to expand her coverage to counter Firesweep cavalry.

i like phina and everything, but i doubt very much she'll ever be on a hero fest. considering they barely give Dancers banners as it is, and regardless of how unique she can be as you said she doesn't have premium skills nor is she a premium dancer/unit. she's just unique - and not that much to trump a huge other chunk of units.

21 hours ago, Endriu said:

However,  since Eir was on one hero fest banner in the past Sothis might also be an option.

Not sure about this one... Eir was an expection, just like Peony in a New Heroes Banner... Just because Eir appeared in a special Hero Fest that introduced Book 3 is not a valid reason to Sothis being in a possible Anniversary Hero Fest.

Sothis will be in a banner if we have something like the "Find and Vote" banner from last year... Not to mention she is one of the Heroes scheduled to appear in February's banner.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i like phina and everything, but i doubt very much she'll ever be on a hero fest. considering they barely give Dancers banners as it is, and regardless of how unique she can be as you said she doesn't have premium skills nor is she a premium dancer/unit. she's just unique - and not that much to trump a huge other chunk of units.

In the very first Hero Fest, we got Azura, and she had no premium skills.

The second one had Ninian, whose premium skill option is Fortify Dragon which is pretty niche.

Phina got Geyser Dance, while seeming niche, is probably the strongest B slot Dance with Def/Res +4, since Hone Atk and Hone Spd are cheap C slot skills, and it is better than Firestorm Dance's Atk/Spd +3.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

In the very first Hero Fest, we got Azura, and she had no premium skills.

The second one had Ninian, whose premium skill option is Fortify Dragon which is pretty niche.

Phina got Geyser Dance, while seeming niche, is probably the strongest B slot Dance with Def/Res +4, since Hone Atk and Hone Spd are cheap C slot skills, and it is better than Firestorm Dance's Atk/Spd +3.

and in subsequent hero fests since have we seen another dancer?
Nope. (and by that point Sky Olivia aka (protoype Azura) was out)

They go for the big names, or huge skills. 
there are a tonne more bigger names and bigger skills and more unique units than Phina. and again. as someone who is team dancer and team Phina, she's fun to use, I doubt very much when you could throw up someone Like Igrene (treasure trove of skills), Mareeta (very rare skill), Larcei/Shannan (top tier rare skills), etc, that they'll all be bypassed for Phina. that's all. 

Blue would probably be Sirius (atk/spd solo and lull atk/spd) and I don't know any other blue who is loaded as he is (other than Ephiriam/Lyon). 

Green - Firesweep Axe Guy or Osain 

colourless maybe evil Corrin but probably bravemilla. 

Edited by daisy jane

37 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Mareeta (very rare skill)

Close Call is kind of crap. Spd tanks would rather just stick with Lull Atk/Spd for general purpose combat. If they want to go up against slow units, they should run Null Follow-Up. If they want to fight Blazing nukes, they are better off running Pulse Smoke on the C slot and run another B skill, and Ophelia and Igrene have pretty high Spd too to limit Close Call's damage mitigation.

Rouse Atk/Def is good, but it is niche and only applicable to a small range of dual phase units like Edelgard and Ephraim: Legendary Lord. While they are useful, their application seems a little more limited.

Atk/Spd Solo is good, but it is a little dated.

37 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Larcei/Shannan (top tier rare skills)

Larcei's Repel is in the same boat as Close Call. Her Panic Smoke is not great compared in player hands compared to Atk Smoke, and in AI hands, the defense team might as well just bring a Panic staff unit.

For Shannan, Steady Posture is good, Wrath is okay but niche, and Waves are crap.

40 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and in subsequent hero fests since have we seen another dancer?
Nope. (and by that point Sky Olivia aka (protoype Azura) was out)

That is true, but having a Dancer/Singer is not out of the possibility.

- - - - - - -

Phina is a Dancer/Singer, so her role is pretty much mandatory in half the game's play style.

B slot Dance is not better than Wings of Mercy, but you do not always need Wings of Mercy. In situations where it is not required, you can make your Dancer/Singer into a complete buff bot providing Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4.

Phina can also provide an actual back up combat role in the form of Counter-Vantage that is dual phase and independent. Mage Dancers/Singers who can do Counter-Vantage are not independent since they require buffs from teammates to function.