Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eirika will win if everyone Sieglends a hand! (Because Eirika's Sacred twin is sieglinde...)

That's the worst pun I've ever heard and I love it. Have another ❤️!

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

Speaking of PRF weapons, what kind of weapons/affects would you want for the heroes you'll vote for if they won? For Eirika, I think sieglinde should have a Tactic affect for all stats, (+6 granted to all allies within two spaces, but only if there's two or less of their movement type.) and garunteed follow up if an ally is adjacent. What do you guys think the weapon affects should be?

This is an interesting question and really depends on whether Brave Eirika gets Sieglinde or not. But even then, Brave Alm's Dracofalchion is nothing like his original sword beyond dragon effectiveness, so it's possible a Sacred Sieglinde would be completely different too. A Tactic Spectrum would be really fun though! A Support weapon like that would be perfect on a flier so you could give her Guidance and other such Skills to boot~

49 minutes ago, Nym said:

I expect this CYL to be nothing more than at least a win for at least Edelgard. Perhaps even for the other two lords, M and F Byleth or Sothis.

Edelgard's locked in, in my eyes. Dimitri too, but I can see Claude overtaking him if his fans are fervent enough. While the Byleths may do well, I don't think they'll win. F!Byleth may come close though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Looking at how CYL worked in years past, it's likely Round 4 will be beginning sometime soon.

So, who are you voting for? I made the poll up top simply because I was curious how much of an effect Three Houses and the new OCs will have this year.

I'm going with my routine: my Awakening family (F!Robin, Stahl, and M!Morgan), Kaze, Percy, Nino, and that leaves a wild card spot for a Three Houses character, which of course will go to Ashe. 

38 minutes ago, Morswo said:

Poor Sigurd seems not popular enough to win now, so I think I will vote for Lysithea, she has a fair chance to win in CYL and is my favourite Three Houses female.
Perhaps, I will give some votes to characters not in the game yet, like Dheginsea, Wendell, Nergal, Bryce and so on.

sigurd scored very well in CYL2 and 3, considering he's a character from a japanese-only game

while it's really hard for him to hit top2, he needs all the support he can get, if people want him to get an alt at all

also, let's be honest, lysithea is already so popular she's 99% sure to be released this year

also, i wonder if the whole "byleth in smash" situation will affect CYL4 somehow

Edited by Yexin

I normally vote for Rath, since I want him in game bad...but I think this year it's all going go Catherine. I know she has like no chance of winning, but I want to help show IS she is popular to get her in the game faster. I even plan on tweeting about it and making a hashtag for her #CatherineCYL2020, Catherine4Heroes20, #Catherine4CYL4 or something. I'll figure it out before it starts haha.

Edited by Dylan Corona

It's probably not gonna be an option, but I would like to vote for the Cipher OCs that were in Shadows of Valentia.

You know, Emma Randall Shade and Yuzu. They probably wouldn't win, not when compared to literally any popular character, but I just think they're neat.

...and Marth, of course I'm voting Marth. But if the above aren't an option, WHO WANTS BRIGAND BOSS?! ANYONE???

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

sigurd scored very well in CYL2 and 3, considering he's a character from a japanese-only game

while it's really hard for him to hit top2, he needs all the support he can get, if people want him to get an alt at all

also, let's be honest, lysithea is already so popular she's 99% sure to be released this year

If it gets that far, Sigurd's probably a lock for CYL 6 or 7, assuming another FE game hasn't come out by then. 

Plus, if Lysithea gets in, it's because Int Sys is afraid of getting hit by dark spikes

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

and Marth, of course I'm voting Marth. But if the above aren't an option, WHO WANTS BRIGAND BOSS?! ANYONE???

Batta the beast- Grand hero battle and a heroic grail unit powerful enough to rival Lv 1 Laslow  OG Nino. I can see it now.

17 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Yeah, that's admittedly the main reason I'm voting for Sigurd.

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Edelgard's locked in, in my eyes. Dimitri too, but I can see Claude overtaking him if his fans are fervent enough. While the Byleths may do well, I don't think they'll win. F!Byleth may come close though.

I expect Sothis could also do well due to her being Tiki 2.0 but sassier.

34 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

But if the above aren't an option, WHO WANTS BRIGAND BOSS?! ANYONE???

I don't. Go sell your well-past expired memes elsewhere (and that includes Gatekeeper too if they make the mistake of putting him on the ballot).

I'm hoping that 3H characters will NOT be a part of the CYL. 

If they invite the 3H characters, despite how a full year has not yet passed, I feel that the odds are that they'll win in a landslide. 

I plan on voting for Marth, and hopefully, he does NOT get screwed over for the 3rd year in a row.

47 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...and Marth, of course I'm voting Marth. But if the above aren't an option, WHO WANTS BRIGAND BOSS?! ANYONE???

I might throw him a vote if none of my favorite waifus are in the top 10, although that is unlikely. I expect at least one of the following to make it to the top 10: Edelgard, any Anna, Azura, Plumeria. Azura has been top 10 consistently throughout all the past Choose Your Legends, so I am pretty sure I will at least vote for her if none of the others make it.

Other than Reinhardt, I think I like Merlin (I am curious to see what they turn a pack mule into) and M!Robin, so those will be my other husbando votes if I send any votes that way.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't. Go sell your well-past expired memes elsewhere (and that includes Gatekeeper too if they make the mistake of putting him on the ballot).

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Fuck Brigand Boss. If this nameless generic boss gets more votes than Tatiana, I'll be very pissed

I like memes and gatekeeper is cool. Minor characters deserve love too, no need to spread hate.

Edited by XRay

Assuming we get seven votes again this year:

Tormod, Rath, Luthier, and Reinhardt for sure.

Possibly one vote for Eirika and Marth because I do want them to win CYL eventually.

Maybe the last one can go to Marcia.

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

If they invite the 3H characters, despite how a full year has not yet passed, I feel that the odds are that they'll win in a landslide. 

They put in Fjorm, Gunnthra, Surtr, Laevatein and Loki for CYL2 and Eir, Hel, Lif and Thrasir for CYL3, all of which were even more recent for their respective CYLs. There is no way they exclude Three Houses and if they do, they will have a whole lot of hell to pay for.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I like memes and gatekeeper is cool. Minor characters deserve love too, no need to spread hate.

There is a substantial difference between being a minor character and being a generic. Brigand Boss and Gatekeeper both happen to fall in the latter category. 

It is legit insulting that Brigand Boss placed higher in CYL3 than all of the remaining missing males (except Luthier) from SoV's playable cast.

Brigand Boss is just misunderstood. Every other boss character in Echoes got a name, but he didn't.

I get that he's on the ballot because every boss in Echoes is on the ballot, but... why is every boss in Echoes on the ballot when no other game gets that treatment? If Brigand Boss is on the ballot, then why not Beyard or Schaeffer? (Kudos to anyone who can remember who these are without looking them up.)

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

They put in Fjorm, Gunnthra, Surtr, Laevatein and Loki for CYL2 and Eir, Hel, Lif and Thrasir for CYL3, all of which were even more recent for their respective CYLs. There is no way they exclude Three Houses and if they do, they will have a whole lot of hell to pay for.

You are comparing mobile game characters with characters from a full on game. I would hardly consider them to even be on same league, especially when you factor in the amount of popularity that 3H has gotten.

For the fourth year in a row, all of my votes will be going to Marth.

I'm not expecting him to win, I mean, he's up against Dimitri and Claude, but there's a chance he could just scrape by.

4 minutes ago, Lau said:

I'm not expecting him to win, I mean, he's up against Dimitri and Claude, but there's a chance he could just scrape by.

I think he has a chance of coming in second if his fans come through for him, honestly. I really do. Don't give up!

But it would be nice if 3H was exempt from CYL this year, as unlikely as that is.

With Ross and Ilyana now in the game (even if the latter is seasonal only) now I can invest fully in Edward. Might toss Chrom a vote or two but between Marth still not having his Brave Alt and 3H characters probably sweeping this competition I don't really see the point.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Marth still not having his Brave Alt and 3H characters probably sweeping this competition I don't really see the point.

Isn't that how Eliwood beat Marth last year? Just saying. 

Edited by Benice

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You are comparing mobile game characters with characters from a full on game. I would hardly consider them to even be on same league, especially when you factor in the amount of popularity that 3H has gotten.

They are still Fire Emblem characters all the same (that aren't from collaboration projects like TMS or Warriors), and that same league comment doesn't really work when Loki has placed 10th (CYL2) and 13th (CYL3) (both overall) and Lif has placed 16th overall (well before all of his characterization no less). 

At the very least, could you make it a little less obvious that you only want Three Houses out of the picture because of Marth? He will get his CYL alt when he earns it, but he (or anyone else for that matter) deserves nothing until then.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

There is a substantial difference between being a minor character and being a generic. Brigand Boss and Gatekeeper both happen to fall in the latter category. 

It is legit insulting that Brigand Boss placed higher in CYL3 than all of the remaining missing males (except Luthier) from SoV's playable cast.

Let people love who they love. I am not sure why it necessitates bringing negativity into a celebration of people's favorite characters.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I get that he's on the ballot because every boss in Echoes is on the ballot, but... why is every boss in Echoes on the ballot when no other game gets that treatment? If Brigand Boss is on the ballot, then why not Beyard or Schaeffer? (Kudos to anyone who can remember who these are without looking them up.)

Yeah, kind of weird how they left some out. Wish they include everyone. Cervantes the charming mustache boss and Mustafa the honorable Plegian boss from Awakening got in, but Pheros the waifu boss from Awakening did not get in.