Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welp, I didn't think Byleth was going to win anyway, but they pretty much sealed their fate by splitting them between normal and enlightened one.

In any case, Day 1 goes to Bernadetta.

yeah that's one way to hurt the Byleth votes.

RIP Randal, Emma, Shade, and Yuzu -- they STILL cannot be voted on for this poll.

Meanwhile, TMS#FE and 3H characters can now be voted on.

Pretty much picking my faves until I see the midterm results. Day 1 goes to Eirika!

@SoulWeaver, prepare to be convinced.

With so many great characters across the Fire emblem franchise, one might wonder what sets certain inviduals apart and makes them worthy of votes in the heated CYL comepetitions.. Generally, strong characters are kind, demonstrate character growth, are interesting and three dimensional, are worth rooting for and play off the rest of the cast well. Eirika, one of the lords from the Sacred Stones demonstrates all of these traits throughout her game.

(If you want to read the rest of the essay I can PM you.)

Eirika hath recieved my vote! Tomorrow, Nealuchi will recieve his.

Also, Thanks for giving me a shout.  @DefyingFates

Edited by Benice

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

I wonder if Byleth being split has to do with....

Hide contents

The fact that they're basically still a normal human beforehand, but essentially become a deity with Enlightened One.

probably. but i wouldn't have "split" them. 
just make a Brave Byleth (if they had one) and used the Enlightened one as a Legend or whatever. easy. 

why Intsys makes things difficult is beyond me.

I've decided that I don't understand how Heroes does vote splits and decided to just stop trying to comprehend it.

That said, in the event that one version of either gender of Byleth manages to score top two, would their other same gendered version also be removed from the pool? So, like, if f!Byleth's normal self won then would her Enlightened self still be available for voting in the following year or would they be kicked out of the pool too?

EDIT: @DefyingFates I'll give Eirika a vote once I get through Rath, Luthier, and Reinhardt first. I gave Tormod my vote today. Vote Tormod if anyone's got a spare vote or two

Edited by Sunwoo

They included the Prologue boss and its possessed human for the TMS selections? Thats Brigand Boss bad. And the other villains + two sidequest bosses are nearly as terrible too. Gharnef is spoilers as well, but it isn't like anyone plays TMS for the plot. Maybe b/c TMS has such a tiny cast they wanted to include filler?

Yet, I have a fire growing in my heart for TMS Gangrel, the flying head with the buzzsaw collar of doom is glorious. And, Excellus's metal boobs are right on display in his little CYL4 portrait square.

Touma got my first vote if you can't tell.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Yay it started! And wow, the first thing I do is vote Edelgard, so maybe I'm more biased towards her than I thought! Haha. I'll wait until mid-terms maybe and then see if I should switch to M!Robin (or throw in a vote for Dimitri).

Shame they split Byleth up, but I honestly don't like post-timeskip Byleth because his hair color infuriates me. 😅

Voting for Forrest and Edelgard switching between the two until we get the results of who's leading during the middle then switching to voting for a favorite that's in the lead.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I've decided that I don't understand how Heroes does vote splits and decided to just stop trying to comprehend it.

That said, in the event that one version of either gender of Byleth manages to score top two, would their other same gendered version also be removed from the pool? So, like, if f!Byleth's normal self won then would her Enlightened self still be available for voting in the following year or would they be kicked out of the pool too?

EDIT: @DefyingFates I'll give Eirika a vote once I get through Rath, Luthier, and Reinhardt first. I gave Tormod my vote today. Vote Tormod if anyone's got a spare vote or two

Who knows. No Avatar has won CYL.

It's that time again ladies and gentleman...CYL!

And as always...the woman's divison will be a blood bath and someone in the men's division is gonna get a win stolen at the very end...it's gonna be great! 😅

I know I'm gonna be supporting my Golden Deer...and Shamir.

Good luck to all the competitors and hope your pick doesn't get screwed as bad as Anna last year! :P:

(Also...show your love to my girl Shamir please. Any is appreciated 😘)

sg-feth-shamir-tea-party-guide.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Who knows. No Avatar has won CYL.

In all fairness, Byleth is the only avatar who has two versions across each gender. So they're a bit of a unique case even amongst avatars.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Quick question, who are all the Green-haired girls across the Fire Emblem series?

Asking for... uh... a friend... named Xenomata...

Off the top of my head:

- SD girls are in my sig, under the "Lemmings" thing.  Don't ask.  But I remember Palla/Nagi/Tiki.
- NM doesn't bring anyone new IIRC, but I might be off.
- FE4 has Sylvia, Erinyes (Fury), Fee and Lene.  Don't remember if Lene/Fee's sub has green hair.
- I didn't pay attention to FE5.
- FE6. . .uh, I don't remember?  But I'm not thinking very hard!  Someone else fill in for me!
- FE7 has Nino.  Maybe someone else.  My memory's bleh.
- FE8 has Vanessa and Syrene.
- Tellius had Elincia.  Maybe someone else.  But Elincia!
- Awakening's Morgan can have green hair if you marry Tiki.
- Fates had. . .good question.  Did anyone have green hair?
- SoV had exactly one green-haired character, and it's a dude.
- 3H has Flayn and Rhea.