Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

11 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Something tells me that Lyon (and Valter) would rather have a beach Eirika than a Brave one. 

Something tells me that Lyon just wants Eirika and Ephraim to be happy. Valter just wants beach waifus.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I don't understand is there some sort of rivalry between Edelgard and Rhea fans that I don't know about? 

Also when do mid vote results come out, on day 3 or 4 and before or after voting starts? 

In 2018 it was Day 3. In 2019 it was Day 4.

Also @NekoKnight I agree that Lyon would like Eirika to get a Brave alt like her brother too.

But I still love Lyon himself!

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody who isn't from Three Houses has the slightest chance to get on the Top 20, much less win, and I don't even care at all about Heroes. 

Far too much vote splitting for that to happen. Quite frankly I don't think all 4 winners will be 3Hs even because of the massive voter fanbase splitting between all of those characters. There's also always rallies at midterms that drive a character in the 3-8 range up into the top 2. Not even Fates was able to pull off what you suggested at the height of its popularity during CYL1.

Chances are extremely high that at least one of Marth, Eirika, Anna, or random FE:H OC will take one of the 4 spots, with the main three lords of 3H making the cut (though given how many times Marth has been just missing the cut its entirely possible Claude gets bumped out due to a rally). Eirika for example is going to probably have the majority of the votes for people voting for characters in the GBA era as she's the last GBA lord to not have a Brave alt yet. And then you have odd balls like Nino that just... keep showing up in the top 10 for whatever reason. And of course Reinhardt memes. 

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

In 2018 it was Day 3. In 2019 it was Day 4.

But I still love Lyon himself!

This year, Eirika will win. Next year, Lyon and Nealuchi will win! MUAHAHAHAHA! THE DAY IS NOT NAGLFAR AWAY! Still, Fomortis a shame that Lyon isn't winning  CYL this year.

I can't wait until the midterms come out. If it's only 3h characters in the top 4, I'll concentrate all my votes on Eirika. Otherwise, Nealuchi will be getting two or three. I actually haven't heard that much support for Marth yet, though. I may have to toss him a vote if he's close but not top 2. 

Next year, I think I'll be voting for Nino and Lyon, but we'll see what happens. If Mist or Rolf do unexpectedly well, I may be supporting them.

Edited by Benice

My choice is made for today, but I am curious how the midterm results will be. There are so many nice characters not in the game, it plagues me to not vote for them. Perhaps the midterms are changing my mind. 

Spoiler

188864891_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-22um18_24_34.png.4929f9f0fd7ffd139f96ad1ff9112956.pngBefore the midterm results are released, is Lysithea my choice.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

I like Edelgard and Rhea, but I do find some fans of either irksome because they demonize the character they don't like. TH went out of their way to make nuanced and morally grey characters but some fans still want to divide things into black and white morality.

Silly, right? What’s so complicated in liking both anyway? I’m almost certain Eldie will get there, first spot even. Second spot is likely to be another 3H, but I think Sothis hold advantage over Rhea. Either will make an interesting BH, but if Rhea wins, I hope they don’t waste her in making her Seiros, who can be a Mithic otherwise 

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also... Irma, a cleric that you saves in Echoes, is an option to vote... but not the Gatekeeper... That's sad.

If they lack an origin game portrait, that might explain it. Altina doesn't have one, so what would they do? Crop the one CG with her in it? Use her FEH art.

I've cast votes for Touma, Yashiro, Asbel, and Niime so far. I intend to never vote for the same person more than once, even focusing all my votes on single character would do far more for their lone place in the rankings than one vote for many more. I personally want to exclude fewer people I like that aren't in, thats all.

Even if you don't have additional devices for ballot stuffing, you can still vote twice. If your internet browser has one of those modes that doesn't keep your browser history when you're done, you can vote once in the mode and once outside of it. Or so it's been going on the first day for me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

Eirika for example is going to probably have the majority of the votes for people voting for characters in the GBA era as she's the last GBA lord to not have a Brave alt yet. And then you have odd balls like Nino that just... keep showing up in the top 10 for whatever reason.

Lilina: Am I a joke to you?

Also, regarding Nino, because she's cute and always does her best. 🥰 Heck, I'm voting for Nino. :Nino:

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody who isn't from Three Houses has the slightest chance to get on the Top 20, much less win, and I don't even care at all about Heroes.

There aren't enough voters for that to happen.

Splitting your votes is exactly that: splitting your votes. A voter that gives all of their votes to a single character is worth 7 times as much to that single character compared to a voter that splits their vote 7 ways.

The fact that the fan bases for Three Houses characters are certain to overlap heavily with each other prevents them from sweeping the entire top of poll.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Something tells me that Lyon (and Valter) would rather have a beach Eirika than a Brave one. 

Inb4 we get summer Valter instead.

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

And then you have odd balls like Nino that just... keep showing up in the top 10 for whatever reason.

Nino's always been popular, though.

8 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Can't wait to have Brave Tomas! He will be an amazing unit! Brave Brigand Boss as 1st, with Brave Tomas for 2nd in the male side. For Female, I want Brave Monica as 1st and Brave Irma in 2nd.

Jokes aside, I guaranteed my support to Claude as my first vote. I went for the War Phase Claude.

Your sense of humor is as bad as your member title.  You have the power to fix both of these.  I suggest doing so.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

First vote goes to Travant, as they absolutely cheated him with that missing Gungnir.

Any sort of unique weapon would've been preferable to that travesty.  Poor Travant, not even respected in a game that doesn't know him!

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Is that why you don't like Edelgard? I've noticed most Rhea fans don't like Edelgard and vice-versa.

It's a fitting divide IMO.  They're on opposite ends of the story.

Though my hipster self isn't fond of Rhea and is lukewarm on Edelgard.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

. . .right before Ephraim finds them both and punts them.  😛

26 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Lilina: Am I a joke to you?

Yes, she is, as she isn't a lord (you can kill her after Chapter 8, without a Game Over).

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If they lack an origin game portrait, that might explain it. Altina doesn't have one, so what would they do? Crop the one CG with her in it? Use her FEH art.

Yeah.....but too bad that does not apply to a lot of the missing names (Lekain, Bryce, Levail, Shiharam and that's just a couple of Tellius names I can think of off-hand).

Oh, and not even Three Houses is immune to missing named Gatekeeper does not count as a name NPCs with portraits because Randolph's sister (Fleche) is nowhere to be found. You would think she'd be in there when you consider a certain spoiler event that involves her. I'm not sure if there are any other omissions, but I know Fleche at least isn't there.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Any sort of unique weapon would've been preferable to that travesty.  Poor Travant, not even respected in a game that doesn't know him!

Yeah, and even the man himself agrees:

Spoiler

rteXAOR.png?1

He's actually talking about Grannvale interfering with his plans here, but this applies perfectly here out of context. It's almost like IS knew exactly what they were doing.

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There aren't enough voters for that to happen.

Splitting your votes is exactly that: splitting your votes. A voter that gives all of their votes to a single character is worth 7 times as much to that single character compared to a voter that splits their vote 7 ways.

The fact that the fan bases for Three Houses characters are certain to overlap heavily with each other prevents them from sweeping the entire top of poll.

2 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Far too much vote splitting for that to happen. Quite frankly I don't think all 4 winners will be 3Hs even because of the massive voter fanbase splitting between all of those characters. There's also always rallies at midterms that drive a character in the 3-8 range up into the top 2. Not even Fates was able to pull off what you suggested at the height of its popularity during CYL1.

Chances are extremely high that at least one of Marth, Eirika, Anna, or random FE:H OC will take one of the 4 spots, with the main three lords of 3H making the cut (though given how many times Marth has been just missing the cut its entirely possible Claude gets bumped out due to a rally). Eirika for example is going to probably have the majority of the votes for people voting for characters in the GBA era as she's the last GBA lord to not have a Brave alt yet. And then you have odd balls like Nino that just... keep showing up in the top 10 for whatever reason. And of course Reinhardt memes. 

Hmmm... so what you're telling me is that I can singlehandedly get Frost out of last place if I just try hard enough.

Nice.

In all seriousness, you're both right. I still fully expect the majority of the poll's top to be Three Houses characters, but perhaps saying that they'd take all of the spots was an exaggeration.

Here's hoping Marth nabs the win at last. I don't really care much for Heroes, as I said, but the fact that the iconic first Lord of the series has yet to win is criminal.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm... so what you're telling me is that I can singlehandedly get Frost out of last place if I just try hard enough.

Nice.

In all seriousness, you're both right. I still fully expect the majority of the poll's top to be Three Houses characters, but perhaps saying that they'd take all of the spots was an exaggeration.

Here's hoping Marth nabs the win at last. I don't really care much for Heroes, as I said, but the fact that the iconic first Lord of the series has yet to win is criminal.

Yeah, I fell bad for Marth fans. Last year the odds were better for them, but this one is bleak. 3H alone is enough to take away Marth’s chances to make it, but he faces an unexpected additional competition with TMS

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nino's always been popular, though.

Voted no. 1 in a 2004 FE7 poll.

3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

but he faces an unexpected additional competition with TMS

Not a whole lot though, TMS Encore edition has so far sold less than 20k in physical copies in Japan. 3H probably accrued that many in 15 minutes I half-jest.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I highly doubt that. Even when Echoes came out, it did not dominate the top 10, let alone 20, in either gender. Even Fates could not dominate the top 10 and 20 of the first Choose Your Legends despite being the newest game, and Awakening's lead is only slightly higher than Fates on the female side, and it got them just 7 (4 in top 10) spots in the top 20 for the female side, just slightly over a third--Fates got 6 spots (3 in top 10). On the male side, Awakening lead the pack with 7 (2 in top 10) while Blazing Blade got 4 (2 in top 10) and Fates got 3 (2 in top 10). I guess we can call getting 35% of the spots dominating, but it is very far off from the type of dominating where dominator grabs most or all the spots. Fates did dominate CYL 3 for the top 10 females with 3 in top 10 (4 in top 20), but Awakening won the top 20 with 5 (1 in top 10). Fates and Awakening tied with both having 2 in the top 10 makes, but Fates got 7 in top 20 while Awakening got 3 in top 20. Fates' domination of CYL 2 gave them 27.5% of the top 40, and that is less impressive compared to Awakening 35% domination of CYL 1. For CYL 3 Awakening tied with Heroes for top 10 males (both have 2 in top 10), and dominated top 10 females (3 in top 10) and top 20 for females (5 in top 20), and Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn dominating top 20 males (5 in top 20). Of particular note, Heroes also got half its male cast in the top 20 males for CYL 3 with Bruno, Líf, Alfonse, and Surtr (the ones that did not make it are Helbindi, Hríd, and Gustav).

For Three Houses, it may get maybe around a third of the top 40 spots at best. Thinking it will take all top 20 spots for both genders does not make sense when it barely has that many playable characters to begin with.

Azura and Tharja have consistently ranked in the top 10 in the past 3 Choose Your Legends. Líf and Loki even managed to place really high when they debuted, so I expect Plumeria can do the same this year. Three Houses has some pretty tough competition, so they will have difficulty taking all 40 spots, let alone take half the spots.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

3H sold extremely well, and is getting more mainstream recognition.  I'd be surprised if it had less than half of the top 20 spots.

I think Three Houses has tough competition from old main series favorites like Azura and Tharja and Heroes favorites like Bruno and Loki. Three Houses definitely got good waifus and husbandos, but I am not sure all of them can rival the best ones from past games. Awakening and Fates are still powerhouses, and I would argue Heroes is now one too, especially seeing how well their male and female characters performed.

I think the Byleths and the main lords stand a good chance of winning, but I think the rest have more difficulty fighting for their place in the top 10 and 20.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think Three Houses has tough competition from old main series favorites like Azura and Tharja

Hasn't Tharja been getting lower and lower results in CYL though? I also wonder how Legendary Azura will affect Azura's performance.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Hasn't Tharja been getting lower and lower results in CYL though? I also wonder how Legendary Azura will affect Azura's performance.

She ranked third in the first one, and ranked tenth for second and third. She stabilized at tenth place with about 12,000 votes for the second results and 11,000 votes for the third results.

As for Azura, I would argue that being the best Dancer/Singer helps her in my opinion. If they release a Brave Heroes Azura, I think she has to at least be as strong as her Legendary counter part.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

She ranked third in the first one, and ranked tenth for second and third. She stabilized at tenth place with about 12,000 votes for the second results and 11,000 votes for the third results.

Cool, that's better than I remember. Now, to get people to vote for her daughter instead...

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

As for Azura, I would argue that being the best Dancer/Singer helps her in my opinion. If they release a Brave Heroes Azura, I think she has to at least be as strong as her Legendary counter part.

That honestly sounds like a major challenge. I mean what are they going to do, give her AoE singing? 

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

That honestly sounds like a major challenge. I mean what are they going to do, give her AoE singing? 

Shhh they might hear you!

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of 3H representation this year, just because of how mainstream it got. We'll see just how much rep it gets soon enough though.

Mine was cast for Arion. Since Altena made it in, might as well also help out her adoptive brother. 

I think anyone who was especially upset over Travant's Heroes debut ought to do the same. It is probably the only way to see Gungnir implemented into the game now.