Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think the day reset for CYL happens at 7 PM Pacific / 10 PM Eastern / 3 AM UTC, so we're still a bit over an hour away from day 2.

But like I said, I'd already given a vote to Sylvain beforehand and now that vote is gone. It shows only Claude on my battle ballot.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But like I said, I'd already given a vote to Sylvain beforehand and now that vote is gone. It shows only Claude on my battle ballot.

It was still Day 1 when you selected Claude, so it replaced your previous Day 1 vote for Sylvain with a new Day 1 vote for Claude.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

Day 2:

My Beloved

do not put him on a horse, IntSys. don't you dare.. Infantry Lance destroyer of worlds that is what i want. 

My last male vote is up for grabs.  - Marth, Sigurd... who do you want me to toss it too?

They could actually try to put him on a griffon as a reference to Loog. 

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It was still Day 1 when you selected Claude, so it replaced your previous Day 1 vote for Sylvain with a new Day 1 vote for Claude.

Yeah, and I'm wondering why my original vote got replaced.

I've now cast votes for both Sylvain and Claude though.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I'm wondering why my original vote got replaced.

You can only vote for one character each day, so if you pick someone else before the day ends, it'll interpret that as you wanting to change your vote to the newly selected character.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can only vote for one character each day, so if you pick someone else before the day ends, it'll interpret that as you wanting to change your vote to the newly selected character.

I wasn't able to change my vote earlier though. Or at least, it seemed that way. Maybe I just misunderstood. Oh well, at least I can still get a total of seven votes.

@daisy jane Your last male vote is up for grabs? How about Sylvain? 😄 You said you like him!

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Day 2:

My Beloved
116002.png

do not put him on a horse, IntSys. don't you dare.. Infantry Lance destroyer of worlds that is what i want. 

My last male vote is up for grabs.  - Marth, Sigurd... who do you want me to toss it too?

MARTHY MARTH

Just now, Anacybele said:

I wasn't able to change my vote earlier though. Or at least, it seemed that way. Maybe I just misunderstood. Oh well, at least I can still get a total of seven votes.

No, you didn't misunderstand, the website UI is just bad. The page doesn't indicate anywhere that it's possible to change your vote, but selecting a new character is how you do so.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, you didn't misunderstand, the website UI is just bad. The page doesn't indicate anywhere that it's possible to change your vote, but selecting a new character is how you do so.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that is bad UI (that's user interface, right? Just making sure I remember right).

Ah yes, Male Morgan; a truly precious child who is pure in just about every way. I imagine Brave Morgan wearing his Grandmaster outfit and wielding a green tome, just like his mother, or, according to my first playthrough, a cavalier. But most likely he will take after his mother, who I will vote for tomorrow.

111042.png

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Pic Update

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see. Yeah, that is bad UI (that's user interface, right? Just making sure I remember right).

Actually, you're not supposed to be able to change your vote, but due to a glitch, you CAN do it.

If you vote normally while logged in and then try to vote again without logging out, it won't let you vote again until the day resets.

However, if you log out by clearing your cookies, cast a vote for a character while still logged out, and then try to view your voting history, it'll ask you to log in. If you do so, you'll see that the vote you just casted has replaced the one you previously did. This also works if you do the same process from a different PC or Mobile (which is how I discovered this).

Probably a good thing to be aware of if you get second thoughts on your last vote. Votes from previous days are set in stone, though.

Just now, Jave said:

Actually, you're not supposed to be able to change your vote, but due to a glitch, you CAN do it.

If you vote normally while logged in and then try to vote again without logging out, it won't let you vote again until the day resets.

However, if you log out by clearing your cookies, cast a vote for a character while still logged out, and then try to view your voting history, it'll ask you to log in. If you do so, you'll see that the vote you just casted has replaced the one you previously did. This also works if you do the same process from a different PC or Mobile (which is how I discovered this).

Probably a good thing to be aware of if you get second thoughts on your last vote. Votes from previous days are set in stone, though.

Oh, NOW I know what happened. I had to log in when accessing the site on my laptop and reset my password because I couldn't remember it for some reason. Thanks for clearing that up, Jave.

Huh... I didn't realize that TMS was also an option for CYL voting as well.

Another vote for Edward. Most likely will be him across the board. Considered Chrom but I think there's pretty much zero chance between Marth and the 3H Lords. Better to give exposure to one of my absent favorites and probably the only top favorite of mine not in FEH in some form.

Nealuchi for Prez!

I'm voting for nealuchi today, Eirika again tomorrow, Eirika again, Rolf, Priscilla, (Because I said I would on the can priscilla get 1k votes this year thread,  not because I actually like her) Nealuchi. I will sacrifice Priscilla if Eirika's behind and if that happens, Rolf will have to keep hanging out with his bros, Mist and the Greil Mercs in favour of Nealuchi. 

Speaking of which, I wonder how the memes are doing? Hopefully Plumeria won't bump off Eirika.

Edited by Benice