Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Honestly, what would Brave Marth even be? Isn't legendary Marth exactly what people would want from him? It's not like he has any other particularly iconic weaponry associated with him or anything.

I mean I guess they could go with his godawful Lodestar outfit from Warriors...

They can have him take Caeda's Wing Spear and ride a Dracoknight (or even a Pegasus if they wanted to). That or put him in a Bishop outfit and use a staff to model him after his sister. Would have also suggested his father but I don't remember if we saw what he looked like.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

They can have him take Caeda's Wing Spear and ride a Dracoknight (or even a Pegasus if they wanted to). That or put him in a Bishop outfit and use a staff to model him after his sister. Would have also suggested his father but I don't remember if we saw what he looked like.

Other than the OVA, I don’t think he has ever appeared 

28 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Cleric Marth is my hope.

My votes are still going to Asbel, though.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

My hope/expectation is a Dimitri Edelgard Eirika and Marth/Claude banner and with Rhea on a high enough spot to send the message that we want her in the game, unless the people voting her are a minority which I don't know about as I don't look on places like Twitter. 

YEEEEES!!!! This would be perfect!

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Probably going to be Edelgard, maybe Eirika, Dimitri and Claude/Marth (only because Gatekeeper isn't votable)

Again: YESSSS!!!!

This is my ideal result and I'm so glad so many others agree!!

By the way, how are you gauging votes right now, by seeing who's tweeting their votes out?

Speaking of, the midterms will be out either tomorrow or Saturday. I really hope Eirika is high up enough to encourage more people to vote for her!!

Edited by DefyingFates

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

Vote the second to Tomas.  This will continue until he's in the game (read: I'm gonna vote for him a lot).

Vote for Solon instead. XD

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sephiran, Nils, Julian, Brigid (it was her or Azelle or Claud).

Are you thinking of voting for Sephiran's buddy Deghinsea as well? 

Edited by Icelerate

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why, you son of a-- must you antagonize me at every turn?!

Need you ask? 

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is this because I didn't use Arkis?

Yes. 

Arkis for CYL 5

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Allow me to assist you, as the second (hopefully not final) Tomas fan. I'm assuming you're talking about Best Tomas and not Three Houses Tomas, of course.

I shall spare a vote or two for him. I shouldn't need absolutely all of them to make Frost surpass someone like, I dunno, Chagall or something.

Thank you~!  Though I doubt Frost will be dead last!

6 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Which Tomas? Archanea Tomas or Three Houses Tomas?

Hint: MY SIG.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

We never saw him directly.  But my gut says that he was a mounted fighter, so perhaps Marth on a horse?

Edited by eclipse

Just now, Pengaius said:

Yes. 

Arkis for CYL 5

Eugen for CYL 5. Make it happen, IntSys, or he'll come over and punch you in the back of the head.

10 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Vote for Solon instead. XD

See, IntSys? This is what happens when you don't double-check if the names you're giving your new characters are free. I think you're the third person who's made this mistake.

Just now, eclipse said:

Thank you~! Though I doubt Frost will be dead last!

It has been done. Tomas got (one of) my second vote. Now, be a dear and spare one of your own for the best grandpa, pretty please? Man crossed half of Archanea just to join Marth's army, he doesn't deserve to lose to the likes of Dannan. Again.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

We never saw him directly.  But my gut says that he was a mounted fighter, so perhaps Marth on a horse?

Actually, he is seen once, in the intro to Shadow Dragon's prologue.

Wjrue6ed o

Anyway, I have three votes per day (my computer, my school computer and my phone). Not sure if that's frowned upon or anything, this is my first time participating in this thing. So far, I've been using two of those votes to get Frost out of last place, and the third one for other people.

The non-Frost votes so far have been Arran (one of my all-time favourite FE characters) and Tomas (to fulfill my promise to Eclipse). I'm not entirely sure how long this event will last, but while it does, I intend to vote for these characters (in this order): Matthis, Malice, Hanneman, Lot, Etzel, Selphina, Moulder, Raigh. Strong contenders for the first place, I know. My only real objective is to get Frost to at least second-to-last place, anyway.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It has been done. Tomas got (one of) my second vote. Now, be a dear and spare one of your own for the best grandpa, pretty please? Man crossed half of Archanea just to join Marth's army, he doesn't deserve to lose to the likes of Dannan. Again.

Actually, he is seen once, in the intro to Shadow Dragon's prologue.

Wjrue6ed o

Anyway, I have three votes per day (my computer, my school computer and my phone). Not sure if that's frowned upon or anything, this is my first time participating in this thing. So far, I've been using two of those votes to get Frost out of last place, and the third one for other people.

The non-Frost votes so far have been Arran (one of my all-time favourite FE characters) and Tomas (to fulfill my promise to Eclipse). I'm not entirely sure how long this event will last, but while it does, I intend to vote for these characters (in this order): Matthis, Malice, Hanneman, Lot, Etzel, Selphina, Moulder, Raigh. Strong contenders for the first place, I know. My only real objective is to get Frost to at least second-to-last place, anyway.

Man, that means 4/7 votes are Archanea. . .which leaves, uh, Stefan, Midir, and. . .good question.  Eh, I can do a favor~!

While the art is really nice, imagine what it would've looked like if Cornelius was a horse for that shot.  We know that Nyna was an infantry unit!

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, IntSys? This is what happens when you don't double-check if the names you're giving your new characters are free. I think you're the third person who's made this mistake.

I didn't make a mistake. I was joking. 

I really thought the majority of the people would be voting for Three Houses characters but I'm glad I'm not the only one who is choosing a character for an earlier game. To be honest I really want a Seth alt because he doesn't have any, and I was really disappointed with what they did to him in Heroes. Ephraim and Eirika already have their alts but no love for my boi Seth. 😞

3 minutes ago, rolo143 said:

I really thought the majority of the people would be voting for Three Houses characters but I'm glad I'm not the only one who is choosing a character for an earlier game. To be honest I really want a Seth alt because he doesn't have any, and I was really disappointed with what they did to him in Heroes. Ephraim and Eirika already have their alts but no love for my boi Seth. 😞

3H may be the newest and greatest, but many of us started before then.  We have our favorites, and a lot of them don't have alts (or in my case, don't even exist in-game).

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Man, that means 4/7 votes are Archanea.

As they should be.

which leaves, uh, Stefan, Midir, and. . .good question.  Eh, I can do a favor~!

Excellent. I knew I could count on you! Thanks a lot.

As for the last character... Uh, Selena (FE8) or Siegbert kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda look like Maruj if you really squint your eyes and use your imagination...? That's the best I've got.

EDIT: Schroff. Schroff is white Maruj with less ruined life. There.

While the art is really nice, imagine what it would've looked like if Cornelius was a horse for that shot.  We know that Nyna was an infantry unit!

Ddxcx8uq o

There. Wish fulfilled.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

I didn't make a mistake. I was joking. 

See, Ruben? This is what happens when you jump to conclusions.

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

3H may be the newest and greatest

This sentence physically hurt me. I now need to watch Berwick Saga gameplays to soothe my elitist heart.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This sentence physically hurt me. I now need to watch Berwick Saga gameplays to soothe my elitist heart.

Just look at those sales!  And it's going mainstream!  Greatest in terms of popularity, but it doesn't mean fans of FE forgot the older games~!

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Just look at those sales!  And it's going mainstream!  Greatest in terms of popularity, but it doesn't mean fans of FE forgot the older games~!

Right, there's no denying that. At any rate, I am glad the series's popularity is skyrocketing, even if I personally do not enjoy the instalment that propelled that rocket into the sky. More people playing Three Houses means more people are going to have at least minimal curiousity about the older titles. Now that is a bright picture for the future.

'Sides, my elitist heart can take solace in the fact that I am more of a KagaSaga fan these days. Ha! I use big words like "take solace" and I consider KagaSaga to be superior to FE! Take that, casuals. I am a badass! And I'm not even old!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

'Sides, my elitist heart can take solace in the fact that I am more of a KagaSaga fan these days. Ha! I use big words like "take solace" and I consider KagaSaga to be superior to FE! Take that, casuals. I am a badass! And I'm not even old!

Ok Boomer. But Advance Wars is even more superior! I am part of the Greatest Generation that commanded the vast armies, navies, and air forces of multiple nations. Your grandmasters pale in comparison to our genius COs, your magic is no match against the overwhelming firepower of our modern technology, and your tiny platoons of children and teenagers dwarf in quality and quantity to our vast battalions of professional adult soldiers.

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ok Boomer. But Advance Wars is even more superior! I am part of the Greatest Generation that commanded the vast armies, navies, and air forces of multiple nations. Your grandmasters pale in comparison to our genius COs, your magic is no match against the overwhelming firepower of our modern technology, and your tiny platoons of children and teenagers dwarf in quality and quantity to our vast battalions of professional adult soldiers.

Very well Zoomer. However I am a Chess fan. I command the full might of the Royal tarot. Your COs and their special abilities shall falter before the might of my absolute feudal system. Your pathetic guns and factories cannot hope to defeat our versatile movement and tactics and your nameless legion shall lie scattered before the court. 

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Going by previous years, there's a chance we'll get midterm results in a few hours. Have to admit I'm a bit nervous...come on, Eirika!

Already? This show didn’t take long. I’m looking forward in seeing who are on top ^^

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Going by previous years, there's a chance we'll get midterm results in a few hours. Have to admit I'm a bit nervous...come on, Eirika!

Wish you luck! I am rooting for Plumeria, and then I will switch over to whichever Dancer/Singer made it to the 10 and has the highest chance of winning.

Thanks!

Also, my bad guys, I misjudged the dates. Last year the midterms were released AFTER three days, not the THIRD day, so we'll likely see them on Saturday.

Then again, 2019's midterms came a day earlier than 2018's, so it's possible IS just releases them on the next Friday and aren't actually counting a set number of days ahead. If so, they probably just want to avoid releasing anything over the weekend (so CYL5 and 6's midterms will come out on Monday, if this theory holds). We'll find out in a few hours, I guess!

Edited by DefyingFates

41 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Who did you vote for in the previous CYLs?

I was not aware of CYL1, so I voted no one. In CYL2 and CYL3, I voted for Micaiah exclusively. 

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No one cares about petty rivalry ya fogey!

But if you want to prove you're badass, go and get all 140 ranking points in Berwick Saga. And, you must accrue and spend the 317000 Gold for all the furniture by Chapter 5's end, or else I legally change your name to "Juste B. Eautiful" for the next ten years.