Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

I have to say, I'm a little shocked by some of the midterm results. I love Lysithea, so I enjoy that. I also love seeing Good Boy Ashe up in the top 10s. Shame Catherine or Shamir aren't on the list. But glad to see Rhea at 18...hmmm maybe I should switch over to Rhea to help boost her? Idk.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so apparently Rhea is 18th

not that i expected much more, sure, but i'll just keep voting for her till the event ends

i'm pretty sure if both her characters' votes were combined, she would've gained 1 or 2 positions at least

@Dylan Corona "I have to say, I'm a little shocked by some of the midterm results. I love Lysithea, so I enjoy that. I also love seeing Good Boy Ashe up in the top 10s. Shame Catherine or Shamir aren't on the list. But glad to see Rhea at 18...hmmm maybe I should switch over to Rhea to help boost her? Idk."

please do!

Edited by Yexin

I'm surprised but not that surprised at the midterm results. I was hoping something like Edelgard and Dimitri/Claude as number one, then like Eirika and Marth as number 2. Its interesting to see that it's pre-time skip Bernadetta, so I think I'll dump the rest of my votes to her because atleast that makes things a little more diverse.

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

not that i expected much more, sure, but i'll just keep voting for her till the event ends

i'm pretty sure if both her characters' votes were combined, she would've gained 1 or 2 positions at least

Maybe they wanted to avoid spoilers? But that's unfortunate.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:34 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody who isn't from Three Houses has the slightest chance to get on the Top 20, much less win, and I don't even care at all about Heroes. For these reasons, normally I wouldn't vote, but a character I've long had a soft spot for ended up dead last in the previous poll, so I will take some time to try and get him out of there.

So yeah, consider mine a vote for Frost. Even if my elitist scum heart did find a certain ironic satisfaction in watching one of my favourites be so thoroughly rejected by the same people that would make 10-alts-Camilla the winner. Just kidding, just kidding, don't lynch meeeeeeee...

On 1/22/2020 at 12:02 PM, eclipse said:

3H sold extremely well, and is getting more mainstream recognition.  I'd be surprised if it had less than half of the top 20 spots.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:00 PM, XRay said:

I highly doubt that. Even when Echoes came out, it did not dominate the top 10, let alone 20, in either gender. Even Fates could not dominate the top 10 and 20 of the first Choose Your Legends despite being the newest game, and Awakening's lead is only slightly higher than Fates on the female side, and it got them just 7 (4 in top 10) spots in the top 20 for the female side, just slightly over a third--Fates got 6 spots (3 in top 10). On the male side, Awakening lead the pack with 7 (2 in top 10) while Blazing Blade got 4 (2 in top 10) and Fates got 3 (2 in top 10). I guess we can call getting 35% of the spots dominating, but it is very far off from the type of dominating where dominator grabs most or all the spots. Fates did dominate CYL 3 for the top 10 females with 3 in top 10 (4 in top 20), but Awakening won the top 20 with 5 (1 in top 10). Fates and Awakening tied with both having 2 in the top 10 makes, but Fates got 7 in top 20 while Awakening got 3 in top 20. Fates' domination of CYL 2 gave them 27.5% of the top 40, and that is less impressive compared to Awakening 35% domination of CYL 1. For CYL 3 Awakening tied with Heroes for top 10 males (both have 2 in top 10), and dominated top 10 females (3 in top 10) and top 20 for females (5 in top 20), and Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn dominating top 20 males (5 in top 20). Of particular note, Heroes also got half its male cast in the top 20 males for CYL 3 with Bruno, Líf, Alfonse, and Surtr (the ones that did not make it are Helbindi, Hríd, and Gustav).

For Three Houses, it may get maybe around a third of the top 40 spots at best. Thinking it will take all top 20 spots for both genders does not make sense when it barely has that many playable characters to begin with.

Azura and Tharja have consistently ranked in the top 10 in the past 3 Choose Your Legends. Líf and Loki even managed to place really high when they debuted, so I expect Plumeria can do the same this year. Three Houses has some pretty tough competition, so they will have difficulty taking all 40 spots, let alone take half the spots.

I stand corrected, at least for the midterm results. Three Houses did do really well for the top 10, taking 7 spots on the female side and 6 on the male side, more than half the spots.

However, while Three Houses could not secure more than half of the top 20 on either side, they were pretty close, taking 9 spots on the female side and 8 spots on the male side.

My sugar Plums is the sole Dancer/Singer in the top 10, so I guess I am voting her for the rest of my votes. I think Tharja and Azura have a strong chance of being pushed out of the top 10 this year.

Anna is right behind sugar Plums too, but I will vote for her next year.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Ok Boomer. But Advance Wars is even more superior! I am part of the Greatest Generation that commanded the vast armies, navies, and air forces of multiple nations. Your grandmasters pale in comparison to our genius COs, your magic is no match against the overwhelming firepower of our modern technology, and your tiny platoons of children and teenagers dwarf in quality and quantity to our vast battalions of professional adult soldiers.

10 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Very well Zoomer. However I am a Chess fan. I command the full might of the Royal tarot. Your COs and their special abilities shall falter before the might of my absolute feudal system. Your pathetic guns and factories cannot hope to defeat our versatile movement and tactics and your nameless legion shall lie scattered before the court. 

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I regret to inform you, but Elephant Chess is clearly the superior chess. May your feudal armies fear the might of China's gunpowder cannons. And elephants.

Ahh, but there's one detail none of you took into account - KagaSaga never came out of Japan! You can't get much more elitist than that - heck, chess has to be the most mainstream game in existance! Despite your best efforts, I am still the elitiest! Me, no one else! Ah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No one cares about petty rivalry ya fogey!

But if you want to prove you're badass, go and get all 140 ranking points in Berwick Saga. And, you must accrue and spend the 317000 Gold for all the furniture by Chapter 5's end, or else I legally change your name to "Juste B. Eautiful" for the next ten years.

What?! But... No, e-even I... I'm not insane enough to... You... I...!

...Gah! Lord Kaga... Please forgive me...

Anyway. On topic. Third vote goes to Matthis as planned. Now that I know there's exactly 7 votes, I've made up my mind to give my remaining votes to Malice, Hanneman, Lot and Selphina. All the non-Frost ones, of course.

As for the halftime results, Marth is cheated out of a win again and Three Houses wins everything. So predictable... Yawn... That said, there are more non-3H characters in both top 20s than I had expected. So there's that.

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

@Dylan Corona "I have to say, I'm a little shocked by some of the midterm results. I love Lysithea, so I enjoy that. I also love seeing Good Boy Ashe up in the top 10s. Shame Catherine or Shamir aren't on the list. But glad to see Rhea at 18...hmmm maybe I should switch over to Rhea to help boost her? Idk."

please do!

I honestly will be thinking about it a lot before the next vote later. While I do want to show Catherine support, I feel like if Rhea is popular enough, we may get a church banner or something soon, which is what I really want, if Catherine is in it. So maybe showing Rhea support will be showing Catherine support in the long run. 

Seeing Ashe in the top 10 makes me so happy. Makes me almost want to vote for him, but I also feel like there would be a push for Marth to get into the top 2, and I can't risk Dimitri falling out becasue of that.

1 minute ago, Ashe02 said:

Seeing Ashe in the top 10 makes me so happy. Makes me almost want to vote for him, but I also feel like there would be a push for Marth to get into the top 2, and I can't risk Dimitri falling out becasue of that.

I do not think Dimitri will fall... The fight will be between Claude and Marth.

I will now send all my votes to Eirika and/or Bernadetta cause Lysithea is basically a brattier Hayato with a better developed sob story (how many people here remembers that Hayato also loves sweets and his parents were killed by Faceless and that caused him to feel the need to ‘grow up’ quickly too?) and I will never understand why she’s so popular.

The problems that people have with Hayato/Ricken/Ewan are all of the sudden ‘endearing’ on Lysithea.

Edited by zuibangde

For the fans of Dimitri/Claude/Edelgard/Lysithea, I advise you to KEEP VOTING for those characters. Nothing is guaranteed and if you don't want to get Marth'd (sorry Marth), you shouldn't get complacent with their current lead.

22 minutes ago, Ashe02 said:

I'm quite proud of that wholesome lad. I did spend one of my votes on him.

Hayato is a child the entire game, Lysithea isn’t. Hayato isn’t a good unit, Lysithea is. Hayato is stuck in Fates, Lysithea isn’t. Hayato doesn’t defeat the equivalent of the Death Knight in Fates. Her backstory is also a lot better integrated in the main story.

Edited by Strullemia

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I regret to inform you, but Elephant Chess is clearly the superior chess. May your feudal armies fear the might of China's gunpowder cannons. And elephants.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Ok Boomer. But Advance Wars is even more superior! I am part of the Greatest Generation that commanded the vast armies, navies, and air forces of multiple nations. Your grandmasters pale in comparison to our genius COs, your magic is no match against the overwhelming firepower of our modern technology, and your tiny platoons of children and teenagers dwarf in quality and quantity to our vast battalions of professional adult soldiers.

11 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Very well Zoomer. However I am a Chess fan. I command the full might of the Royal tarot. Your COs and their special abilities shall falter before the might of my absolute feudal system. Your pathetic guns and factories cannot hope to defeat our versatile movement and tactics and your nameless legion shall lie scattered before the court. 

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, but there's one detail none of you took into account - KagaSaga never came out of Japan! You can't get much more elitist than that - heck, chess has to be the most mainstream game in existance! Despite your best efforts, I am still the elitiest! Me, no one else! Ah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!

I'm here to remind you all that I am the last living person to have full understanding of the rules of the ancient Roman game of Ludus Duodecim Scriptorum, and have had to play against a specialized computer program for the last five years so as to both have competition and not double the games player base by explaining the rules (and to guarantee my position of "greatest Ludus Duodecim Scriptorum player alive" is cemented). You cannot hope to win a game when the only one who understands the rules is your opponent.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here are the Halftime Results, since I didn't find here on this topic.

Y62PcgN.jpgqvNXmlA.jpg

I expected it tomorrow, since I do not know if Day 3 votes are considered here...

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I will now send all my votes to Eirika and/or Bernadetta cause Lysithea is basically a brattier Hayato with a better developed sob story (how many people here remembers that Hayato also loves sweets and his parents were killed by Faceless and that caused him to feel the need to ‘grow up’ quickly too?) and I will never understand why she’s so popular.

The problems that people have with Hayato/Ricken/Ewan is all of the sudden ‘endearing’ on Lysithea.

Please vote Eirika!

---

To everyone: I've said this in other threads, but I adore 3H's cast. However, a full 3H banner would be so boring!! Please vote for Eirika to keep the final banner varied and interesting! She needs to complete the GBA set and reunite with her brother!!

I've posted this before too, but here's a character analysis showing why Eirika is worthy of your love too! :3 https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/90457-eirika-character-analysis

I'd like to remind people that if you're unsatisfied with any projected turnout of the upper placements, rallying for characters not yet in the game is still an absolutely viable option. Last year's banners had a tendency of looking at the highest placing characters not in the app more often than not, so even a push to the top 100 or 150 could put, say, Sain into consideration for an upcoming Blazing Blade banner this year.

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Please vote Eirika!

Here's something to keep your expectations high: In the mid-term results for CYL 2, Veronica as in 5th.

MbBJWMs.png

Eirika has a chance! Believe on her!

Just ignore the fact that in CYL 2, Eirika was in 3rd and was beaten by a loli

Now this is exactly why I didn't vote for Ashe despite liking him. I always knew that he wouldn't need my help to reach the top. I'm happy to be proven right on that. I'm even happier with Dorothea since I remember her not getting the recognition she deserved after launch. Now she's in the top 10.

20 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

The problems that people have with Hayato/Ricken/Ewan are all of the sudden ‘endearing’ on Lysithea.

Lysithea is better than Hayato and Ricken but I do believe she would have been dismissed as just another Ricken had she been a boy. Ewan doesn't really have much in common with the Rickens though. The whole point of the Rickens is that they refuse to accept that they are kids but Ewan has no problem doing that. The Rickens are a little but serious but Ewan is a very cheery and prank loving lad. 

So almost half the Top 20 are 3H characters. Everyone act surprised!

I’m so glad Micaiah won last year. It would have been super difficult to compete with the likes of Lys and Bernie even for 3rd spot.

I’m happy with these results mostly, so I’m sticking to giving all my votes to various characters. 

i am just bummed Triandra isn't even in the top 20. I like that evil Fairy more than Plumeria (but i like Pumeria)
I might split my women's vote and just do two for Eirika and 1 for Plumeria and 1 more for Dimitri (just in case) i'd really like him to get the prf skill

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

So almost half the Top 20 are 3H characters. Everyone act surprised!

I’m so glad Micaiah won last year. It would have been super difficult to compete with the likes of Lys and Bernie even for 3rd spot.

I’m happy with these results mostly, so I’m sticking to giving all my votes to various characters. 

Same for Alm. Last year was his only chance and he thankfully got it. Sadly Marth might have lost his chance last year since he'll be facing an uphill battle against the Three Houses bois. 

Boy does it suck to be Marth these days. And that comes from someone who really doesn't like Marth(mostly because of Smash... mostly).

Imma throw votes his way, even though I didn't plan on voting at all. I like Claude more but Marth has more than earned a spot at this point.

I think an upcoming brave Lysithea might be a red haired one, an alternate take on the character where she's either cured or from a realm the Slitherers never wrecked her body. Due to her similarities with both Ricken and Cordelia, as well as her lands actually being named after Cordelia I'd say its a safe assumption that Lysithea is a natural redhead.