Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

I sort of like Marth, but I'm happy instead that he doesn't stand  that much chance to win CYL because I hate that pantless design, so I'm happy he's spared from that abomination.I'm pleasantly surprised Itsuki made it to top 20,  meaning the other TMS casts could rank highly and increases the odds of the next TMS banner with Yashiro and Toma in it. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and just do two for Eirika

Yay!!! I hope I can convince you to give her all three instead? Because as Diovani says:

36 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here's something to keep your expectations high: In the mid-term results for CYL 2, Veronica as in 5th.

MbBJWMs.png

Eirika has a chance! Believe on her!

Which is exactly what I'm hoping for!!

Hmm, my first four votes are already spoken for (Palla, Oscar, Basilio, Titania) so if these results influence my voting pattern in any way then there are only three votes to play with. Dunno if it's worth voting strategically for Claude, Lysithea or Rhea over characters I like better but are not in the top 20. I'll probably decide on the day.

I'm not even super hot on either of the former two but I'd rather them than the candidate immediately below them.

Edited by Humanoid

I'm pretty happy with the current results, and as far as "a TH only banner would be boring" goes, I'd say TH has earned it with a very strong cast. Next year, when TH's recency bias is lessened and after (highly probable) multiple normal TH banners, CYL will once again be on more even grounds.

I think I'll spend my remaining votes on Edelgard/Dimitri/Rhea, the first two because I want them to hold their position and for Rhea because I think she deserves just as much love as the other TH big names.

Edited by NekoKnight

I'm happy to with the men's side of things. Especially surprised with Itsuki&Chrom making it into top 20 even if just barely. Hope that incentivizes heroes to make another TMS banner that includes Touma&Cain.

Women on the other side are... blegh. This might be the first time I actively dislike the top 3 women. Very disappointed but not surprised. Dorothea and Marianne aren't too far behind though. I hope one of them and can at least overtake Lysithea's second place.

Very conflicted on how to vote now. I want keep pumping votes into Claude to prevent Marth from usurping him and maybe even get him into first instead of Dimitri. On the other hand I want to throw more votes at best girl Marianne to hopefully help push her to second so at least there's a winner on that side that I like but I feel that might be a fool's errand.

I think I'll just stick to my current Claude/Marianne alternating and hope for the best.

If Lysithea keeps her spot, she'll be the only CYL winner to not play some kind of major story role in her entry. Veronica and Camilla aren't lords, but the former is a major villain and the latter is Corrin's sister.

I'm quite happy with the results shown so far. Marianne and Dorothea are doing well, as are Ashe and Soren. I'll still try to get A!Tiki up to the top 20.

This also made me happy: 

Spoiler

Edited by Thane

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

If Lysithea keeps her spot, she'll be the only CYL winner to not play some kind of major story role in her entry. Veronica and Camilla aren't lords, but the former is a major villain and the latter is Corrin's sister.

I'm quite happy with the results shown so far. Marianne and Dorothea are doing well, as are Ashe and Soren. I'll still try to get A!Tiki up to the top 20.

This also made me happy: 

Hide contents

I’ve actually thought about that too. Lysithea winning would be the first side character to win.

That art is adorable. I really hope she pulls through and wins. As far as I know she isn’t really disliked in general.

I love seeing lysithea in the top 2, and as much as I would love to vote for her, seeing Mia make the top 20 and then fall out would break my heart. I was gonna switch after midterms if it felt necessary, but I need to stay the course now. Good luck, folks

I am happy Felix is so high, though I was hoping he'd be a little higher. I'm gonna keep on voting for him regardless, so he hopefully stays where he is or maybe rises higher. 

Also happy for Dimitri in 1st place and Rhea making it into the top 20 despite the hostility. She really deserves it. Glad to see Lysithea and Dorothea's current placing. The next Brave freebe might be a tough choice between Dimitri and Lysithea (leaning towards Dimitri amd then pulling for Lysithea)

Despite Fates drop in popularity, Takumi is still in the top 20s, which proves that he's got a lot of staying power despite not being a Lord.

27 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I think I'll spend my remaining votes on Edelgard/Dimitri/Rhea, the first two because I want them to hold their position and for Rhea because I think she deserves just as much love as the the TH big names.

thank you so much!

21 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

I shoulda expected Lysithea to be this high in retrospect, I'm just happy Rhea and Sothis got higher than expected, would love for either to push into the Top 10 at least-

thank you as well for showing some Rhea support!

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

and Rhea making it into the top 20 despite the hostility.

and to you, too!

i'd be so happy if the could place a little higher, just to show that many people want her

i don't expect IntSys to do farfetched banners ever again, since they skypped the last one, but at least this could help her making it in the game

27 minutes ago, Thane said:

This also made me happy: 

Reveal hidden contents

The same would also be true if the 3rd place Bernadetta takes her spot.

Awww, a bit sad Caspar's not there, but Sylvain being in top 9 with Ashe in 10 is neat. Way to go Lysithea, and Marianne being so high is great.

Hope Claude can hang on but also torn in wanting different games for the banner.

In the meantime I'll just keep voting for characters not in the game yet. Helping out @Zeo with an Edward vote today 🙂 and also giving Miriel and Flavia some votes to highlight their existence.

Sylvain is 9th best male so far! That means he's TOP TEN. GO SYLVAIN! 😄 He's gotta get in on a banner at some point this year now!

Since I don't think he'll win here, of course. But this makes me so happy for my favorite redhead!

The top results are boring though. All TH? Seriously? Even though I like Claude being up there... I like Dimitri too. Though I guess I'd rather have Edelgard and Lysithea than Eirika or some dumb fanservicey female. Sorry to Eirika fans, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Now this is exactly why I didn't vote for Ashe despite liking him. I always knew that he wouldn't need my help to reach the top. I'm happy to be proven right on that. I'm even happier with Dorothea since I remember her not getting the recognition she deserved after launch. Now she's in the top 10.

Lysithea is better than Hayato and Ricken but I do believe she would have been dismissed as just another Ricken had she been a boy. Ewan doesn't really have much in common with the Rickens though. The whole point of the Rickens is that they refuse to accept that they are kids but Ewan has no problem doing that. The Rickens are a little but serious but Ewan is a very cheery and prank loving lad. 

I agree Ewan isn't really a Ricken and is way more likeable. It's just that I've been replaying Fates recently and decided to use Hayato and after reading his supports, there are way more similarities between Hayato and Lysithea personality wise than I realized which is why it baffles me that Lysithea is so popular. I do agree that Lysithea is better written though.

In the end though, I guess my issues with Lysithea are exemplified by how people simply dismiss how problematic she is in some of her supports – especially with Ignatz. The fact that some actually blames Ignatz and thinks how he was treated is justified...it just...genuinely upsets me... 

Edited by zuibangde

7 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

In the end though, I guess my issues with Lysithea are exemplified by how people simply dismiss how problematic she is in some of her supports – especially with Ignatz. The fact that some actually blames Ignatz and thinks how he was treated is justified...it just...genuinely upsets me... 

That support did give me the impression that she deliberately searched for the person least likely to be able to stand up to her so she could feel ''big'' for once. It came off as deliberately mean spirited instead of the usual tsundere routine. 

Leonie had the opposite in that she's mostly rough on the people that can handle it but switches to being gentle and supportive with Ignatz. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here are the Halftime Results, since I didn't find here on this topic.

Y62PcgN.jpgqvNXmlA.jpg

I expected it tomorrow, since I do not know if Day 3 votes are considered here...

Brave Lysithea lets go! The first time that someone I voted for is scoring so high. I am glad! Too bad that I now can't vote for Malledus and other forgotten characters.

I already messed up and missed a day. I blame my niece (ok not really). As for my picks... I chose Cord, Dew and Leo so far. My options for the remaining choices include Lorenz (Archanea, not 3H), Serra (let's get that Brave Serra bois), Calill, Heather, Jill (although she'll probably get in soon, she's far too popular) and my 3H faves in myself- ahem, Caspar, Claude, Dorothea, Ingrid, Dedue, Leonie, Petra, Lysithea and best dad Alois.