Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

Oh yeah, I'm surprised any TMS character is high on this when that game is such a super flop. I heard it sold WORSE on the Switch! That actually kinda surprised me even though I didn't expect it to sell a lot to begin with.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I agree Ewan isn't really a Ricken and is way more likeable. It's just that I've been replaying Fates recently and decided to use Hayato and after reading his supports, there are way more similarities between Hayato and Lysithea personality wise than I realized which is why it baffles me that Lysithea is so popular. I do agree that Lysithea is better written though.

In the end though, I guess my issues with Lysithea are exemplified by how people simply dismiss how problematic she is in some of her supports – especially with Ignatz. The fact that some actually blames Ignatz and thinks how he was treated is justified...it just...genuinely upsets me... 

I'm definitely of the opinion that Lysithea is bratty and downright mean sometimes (that Ignatz support is absolutely indefensible on her end) but as for her popularity, she is a very powerful unit, one that can trivialize one of the toughest enemies in the game, which gives her a lot of meme power. Her character drama is also deeply ingrained with the setting and story, which gives her an edge over other Ricken archetypes. In general, it's not my favorite archetype. People who demand to be treated like adults while acting like haughty children are the worst. 

I hated how Lysithea treated Ignatz too. I was thinking "...where the fuck is this bitch getting any of this?" I'm not a particularly big fan of her, though I can't dislike her because I do relate to how she doesn't want to be treated like a kid. I look really young and feel like I'm treated like a kid sometimes by older people too because of that.

I also never liked Felix and his jerk attitude, so it astounds me that he's popular. I can understand why he acts the way he does. Sort of. But he didn't need to have an attitude all the time. And he never seemed to get called out for it either, while people are constantly scolding Sylvain for his behavior.

Not that Sylvain shouldn't be called out, he was rightly called out and this helped make him such a great character for me. But Felix just didn't get the same treatment as far as I could tell.

Edited by Anacybele

I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed in the midterm results. I really do not want a Three Houses clean sweep. I expected Edelgard and Dimitri to take the top spots but I'd hoped Eirika and Marth or Chrom would take the next two.

8 hours ago, Thane said:

I respect your dedication but Cynthia needs all the help she can get! 

Brom needs it more! 😉

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I also never liked Felix and his jerk attitude, so it astounds me that he's popular. I can understand why he acts the way he does. Sort of. But he didn't need to have an attitude all the time. And he never seemed to get called out for it either, while people are constantly scolding Sylvain for his behavior.

Felix does get called out by Ingrid and plenty of people do not take kindly to the things he says. Dedue is fairly indifferent to getting insulted himself, but once Dimitri gets mentioned we see him actually get very angry at Felix. His reputation is also such that even characters he is nothing but friendly, or at least neutral, to immediately assume he has it out for them (Annette and Bernadetta, also partially Lysithea since she assumed he'd mock her for liking sweets when he didn't really care). Part of the reason is also probably that he almost never approaches anyone himself just to insult them. Outside of his B support with Dimitri he just keeps to himself and is blunt/rude to anyone who happens to annoy him when they get close. It's not a commendable attitude at all, but he isn't harassing anyone, while Sylvain actively seeks out girls to fool around with.  

Also another reason is that a lot of the time Felix shows that he does care for others and is simply shit at expressing it. Most of the characters are aware that his bark is worse than his bite and therefore don't take it too seriously.

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Felix does get called out by Ingrid and plenty of people do not take kindly to the things he says. Dedue is fairly indifferent to getting insulted himself, but once Dimitri gets mentioned we see him actually get very angry at Felix. His reputation is also such that even characters he is nothing but friendly, or at least neutral, to immediately assume he has it out for them (Annette and Bernadetta, also partially Lysithea since she assumed he'd mock her for liking sweets when he didn't really care). Part of the reason is also probably that he almost never approaches anyone himself just to insult them. Outside of his B support with Dimitri he just keeps to himself and is blunt/rude to anyone who happens to annoy him when they get close. It's not a commendable attitude at all, but he isn't harassing anyone, while Sylvain actively seeks out girls to fool around with.  

Also another reason is that a lot of the time Felix shows that he does care for others and is simply shit at expressing it. Most of the characters are aware that his bark is worse than his bite and therefore don't take it too seriously.

The fact that he kicks serious ass helps.....

I’m mildly surprised with the standings. After all that talk of Claude not having as much support, I’m actually surprised seeing him in second place. However, Marth could still have a chance. Dimitri.... I think he pretty much holds that seat. One the women side: #1 no surprise. Lissithea being in second, being the first non-major character holding the spot. But my biggest surprise is Silly Bernie being third. I thought she was hated by many

My only minor gripe is the likeness of having all Brave Heroes all coming from a single game, as it makes it a little boring. But oh well, can’t be expected otherwise with a very recent entry and a strong writing on top of that. I think I’ll give my remaining votes to Silly Bernie. I don’t mind Lissithea, but Silly Bernie has a sweet spot for me

30 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Insulting Dedue or more or less telling Mercedes to fuck off because he isn't her brother isn't harassment? News to me.

I say both Felix and Sylvain are guilty of harassment, just in different ways. Sylvain messes around with girls' feelings while Felix is just a jerk.

I also kinda think Sylvain has more legit reasons for his behavior than Felix does. Sylvain is in danger of being turned into nothing more than a baby-making machine and he feels he's only worth anything to anyone because of his Crest. He messes with women because he doesn't think they really care about him in return. His brother tried to kill him on more than one occasion. He could even be borderline depressed. Felix? He has...daddy issues. And he does miss Glenn. That's about it.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, I thought Lysethia would do well, but not this well. I lean more the anti-Lysethia camp too (god her C-supports and her entire chain with Ignatz were insufferable, especially since I identify pretty heavily with Iggy), but at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily mind if she won. So far CYL has been the "lords and major characters only" camp, so having her nab the victory would show that side characters can win, which is nice! That and even though I'm not particularly fond of Lysethia, I'd still prefer her over Bernie >.>

As for my voting, I'm kinda stuck on what to do. I normally vote for favorites over trying to get characters to win because normally the characters I want to vote for have 0 chances of winning, but I actually really like Dimitri and really want him to maintain his 1st place, especially since Claude and Marth fans are getting riled up.

Not too bummed at all three 3H lords in the winning places though. That just means we have the potential to see post-CF Edelgard, post-AM Dimitri, and post-VW Claude all talking to each other and I would kill to see that interaction.

22 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think I will give all my votes to Eirika this year. Being top 5 isn't great but there's still a chance because I doubt the gap between top 2 and top 5 are that big. 

Yes!! That's what I like to see!

Ans I absolutely agree. I think she can totally pull off a Veronica-style rally. Fingers crossed! And to those worried about it, please vote Eirika for a varied Brave banner everyone!

I do feel bad for Marth. The guy just can't catch a break. But I'd like to see Claude win. Claude is best lord not named Ike imo. Sorry Ephraim, but you're not second place for me anymore. xP

And if Claude wins, that means all my favorite lords do! Ike and Ephraim got their glory. :3

1 minute ago, Rose482 said:

Not going to lie....seeing Marth get screwed over again is honestly funny at this point. 

I kind of love it in the worst way. I mean, I guess that might be mean-spirited, but seeing the first lord and alleged face of the franchise losing 3 times, possibly 4 or more is just... it's so funny. 

These midterms remind me. I should apologize on SF for the way I acted in the last CYL thread when Camilla’s midterm results showed up. Being a Edelgard/Lysithea fan since the 3H release has given me some much needed perspective on the way I acted back then.

I’m sorry for the way I acted backed then. I’m sure that wasn’t a fun time for Camilla fans.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If Twitter is anything to go by, Marth and Seliph are being rallied for on the male side, and Eirika and Marianne are being rallied for on the female side.

mmmh... i'd love to see a Brave Seliph alt and generally more Genealogy units and alts in Heroes, but i doubt he'll be able to surpass Chrom, Marth AND Claude

granted, we don't actually know how many votes every character has, so the gaps may be either very big or very small

damn, i wish they showed us the actual numbers, instead of just the positions

Edited by Yexin

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Insulting Dedue or more or less telling Mercedes to fuck off because he isn't her brother isn't harassment? News to me.

I say both Felix and Sylvain are guilty of harassment, just in different ways. Sylvain messes around with girls' feelings while Felix is just a jerk.

I meant that most of the time he doesn't actively hunt down people simply to dress them down. He does with Dedue and in Dimitri's B support, but 90% of the time it's the other person that approaches him first and he reacts to them. And with Mercedes, she did in fact approach him first and then treats him like a kid brother, something Felix is very sensitive to due to his past and really doesn't like. It was his right to reject her, though he should have definitely been nicer about it. Point is, having a shitty attitude when approached is not harassment.

Edited by Nanima

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

I meant that most of the time he doesn't actively hunt down people simply to dress them down. He does with Dedue and in Dimitri's B support, but 90% of the time it's the other person that approaches him first and he reacts to them. And with Mercedes, she did in fact approach him first and then treats him like a kid brother, something Felix is very sensitive to due to his past and really doesn't like. It was his right to reject her, though he should have definitely been nicer about it. Point is, having a shitty attitude when approached is not harassment.

And that's what I mean by both Felix and Sylvain harassing people in different ways. It still doesn't excuse either of their behaviors though. And while Felix doesn't actively look for people to dress them down, Sylvain doesn't act cold and blunt to every person that speaks to him. So yeah.

Another thing I love about Sylvain: even he calls himself out. He calls himself a good-for-nothing at one point and an idiot at least once too. I don't think I've seen Felix admit that he's a blunt jerk.

Me: Why is Lysithea placing so high? She's not even a main character.

Also me: She has a sweet tooth, wise beyond her years, subject of cruel Crest experiments, scared of ghosts, so I must protect her, and...

dfnuvr4uryd31.png

*God of War music intensifies* Oh. Can't argue with that, never mind. :3:

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Addition