Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

I noticed all of the Blue Lions boys are not just popular, they're all top ten males (except Dedue, poor guy).

But the Blue Lions ladies? Not one of them are even top twenty. Man, talk about a split here. Poor Ingrid, Annette, and Mercedes. I think Annette is cute too. 😞

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Lysithea 2nd on the girls side out of all people....

200.gif

And I'm happy Bern is right behind her, although I feel bad for my girl Eirika who would be winning right now if not for the FE16 bias.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And that's what I mean by both Felix and Sylvain harassing people in different ways. It still doesn't excuse either of their behaviors though. And while Felix doesn't actively look for people to dress them down, Sylvain doesn't act cold and blunt to every person that speaks to him. So yeah.

Another thing I love about Sylvain: even he calls himself out. He calls himself a good-for-nothing at one point and an idiot at least once too. I don't think I've seen Felix admit that he's a blunt jerk.

I never said it did, just that I don't qualify what Felix does as harassment. My original point was that most people would take more issue with someone who actively goes after them vs.  someone they have to approach themselves to set off and would otherwise completely ignore them. Also Felix isn't actively mean to every person that speaks to him, see his supports with Annette and Bernadetta.  

While no big self-flagellation, Felix does go out of his way to apologize to Sylvain for going overboard. He's quickly set off again, but the point is that he is capable of realizing he went too far and honestly apologizes. He does go off again quickly, but that's mostly just comedic banter (with Sylvain clearly not taking any offense).

My first 3 votes went Yashiro x2, and Elffin 1.  Seeing this makes me want to throw my last votes at Felix and Ferdinand since they after Dimitri are my favorite students.  Either that or throw them all at Yashiro so he has a higher chance of getting in.  I am really happy to see Itsuki in the top 20, TMS is a great game and seeing the love is wonderful.  Elffin doen't really have much hope so even though he is my top favorite FE character I will vote for people who have a chance of getting in.  

I’m still going strong for my girl Byleth. Must keep pushing the best teacher forward!

Honestly I’m pretty... underwhelmed with the current standings. I’m fine with Dimitri and Claude as characters, though two characters from the same game has me conflicted. I have some choice words for Edelgard, but at least she makes sense as CYL fodder. Lysithea isn’t even in the game  yet and having someone with fairly minimal story significance earn a very prestigious spot feels... wrong. Also Triandra>Plumeria don’t @ me.

Wow, Idk why I haven't thought about it before, but Brave Dimitri could be a dagger unit which attacks throwing Edelgard's head to the Door of Enbarr 😮

Edit: @Silverly that's true, Triandra > Plumeria e.e

Edited by Javi Blizz

43 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If Twitter is anything to go by, Marth and Seliph are being rallied for on the male side, and Eirika and Marianne are being rallied for on the female side.

Yes!! Especially Eirika, of course 😛

Since when (and where) has this been happening? I haven't seen much support for them myself, so I'm hoping I just overlooked it. A dark horse victory would be a dream come true!

8 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I never said it did, just that I don't qualify what Felix does as harassment. My original point was that most people would take more issue with someone who actively goes after them vs.  someone they have to approach themselves to set off and would otherwise completely ignore them. Also Felix isn't actively mean to every person that speaks to him, see his supports with Annette and Bernadetta.  

While no big self-flagellation, Felix does go out of his way to apologize to Sylvain for going overboard. He's quickly set off again, but the point is that he is capable of realizing he went too far and honestly apologizes. He does go off again quickly, but that's mostly just comedic banter (with Sylvain clearly not taking any offense).

And I don't get why they take more issue with Sylvain than Felix. Though I'm not saying they should take more with Felix either. I feel like people ought to have equal problems with both. I just also feel like Sylvain is a little more justified due to the BS he's put up with from his family and the expectations he feels like they've thrown on him.

Like I said, Sylvain was going to be forced to be a studhorse as he puts it, his brother tried to kill him twice, and he literally feels absolutely worthless and that the only reason he means anything to anyone is his Crest. And yet he does still care about his friends and have his moments where he's legit kind, like with Mercedes. It takes special people to break him out of his usual behavior/attitude and see the good, troubled person he really is deep down. And his supports reflect this well, though it is kind of a bummer that he has so many that end in B anyway.

At the end, I feel Sylvain is deeper and more entertaining, really. 😛 Oh, and hotter. lol

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At the end, I feel Sylvain is deeper and more entertaining, really. 😛 Oh, and hotter. lol

I think most people miss his backstory.

Instead they think he is just another womanizer.

8 minutes ago, Nym said:

I don't really think Sylvain's backstory does much to adress the issue. Sylvain isn't merely just another womanizer but a much more mean spirited one than the likes of Sain or Inigo. He's deliberately out to mess with girls and hurt them because he thinks he sees through them. 

Sylvain very deliberately acts as the worst version of himself. Its not that he can't help himself. Sylvain absolutely can do that but he just doesn't want to do that. Its definitely interesting but its also calculated nastiness on Sylvain's part that can turn people off. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Just now, Etheus said:

Even knowing his deeper backstory, I think he's the worst womanizer. As in the one with the most ill intent and the least respect for women.

Um... as much as I like Inigo, I think he is worse than Sylvain.

In a few S support, he would even dare to mention that he would continue to flirt with other women but that the one he S support would be the "number one in his book".

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Yeah, it saddens me when people just write him off like that instead of looking deeper.

I love Frederick as well and feel he kind of suffers a similar situation. People think he's just another Jagen, or that he's just annoying with his doting, but he's deeper than that and I think he's actually the deepest and best written Jagen. The most complex as well. I also think he's one of the few well written Awakening characters. I discovered I wasn't even the only one who saw similarities to Asperger's Syndrome in his personality! Saw a Youtube comment or two that pointed out the similarities. One was in Spanish, but I understood it enough to pick up that it was saying "Does Frederick have Asperger's Syndrome?"

Anyway, Sylvain also not just has great depth, but like I said, he's entertaining and I think he has the most hilarious moments in TH. I especially can never get tired of his B support with Dimitri. Oh my god. LOL

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And I don't get why they take more issue with Sylvain than Felix. Though I'm not saying they should take more with Felix either. I feel like people ought to have equal problems with both. I just also feel like Sylvain is a little more justified due to the BS he's put up with from his family and the expectations he feels like they've thrown on him.

Again, Felix mostly doesn't bother anyone unless spoken to. A girl could go her entire school career without talking to Felix, but she cannot avoid Sylvain bothering her/drawing her into a relationship only to drop her like a hot potato. Also baggage doesn't justify anything, only explain.

Especially when these girls don't have anything to do with his parents or brother. And he is the one approaching them, so Sylvain calling them out on "going after him" for his crest holds no water. Most of these girls are likely in a similar place that he is, having huge pressure on their shoulders to marry well and being objectified. Heck, Ingrid is in fact in the very same situation and you don't see her going around messing with guys and calling them superficial, despite actually being treated horribly by at least one of her suitors.

I could mention all the things in Felix's backstory that made him the way he is, but I am not going to pretend it justifies anything. You are entitled to your own opinion, but I think I explained very well why people do not take as much issues with him than they do with Sylvain. Have a nice day.   

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't really think Sylvain's backstory does much to adress the issue. Sylvain isn't merely just another womanizer but a much more mean spirited one than the likes of Sain or Inigo. He's deliberately out to mess with girls and hurt them because he thinks he sees through them. 

Sylvain very deliberately acts as the worst version of himself. Its not that he can't help himself. Sylvain absolutely can do that but he just doesn't want to do that. Its definitely interesting but its also calculated nastiness on Sylvain's part that can turn people off. 

This. Very much this.

Something tells me that if Sylvain looked like Lorenz or Ignatz, he wouldn't have a defense force. In fact, I'd dare say that if he looked like Ignatz, he would be the most hated character in the game.

Edited by Etheus

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Again, Felix mostly doesn't bother anyone unless spoken to. A girl could go her entire school career without talking to Felix, but she cannot avoid Sylvain bothering her/drawing her into a relationship only to drop her like a hot potato. Also baggage doesn't justify anything, only explain.

Especially when these girls don't have anything to do with his parents or brother. And he is the one approaching them, so Sylvain calling them out on "going after him" for his crest holds no water. Most of these girls are likely in a similar place that he is, having huge pressure on their shoulders to marry well and being objectified. Heck, Ingrid is in fact in the very same situation and you don't see her going around messing with guys and calling them superficial, despite actually being treated horribly by at least one of her suitors.

I could mention all the things in Felix's backstory that made him the way he is, but I am not going to pretend it justifies anything. You are entitled to your own opinion, but I think I explained very well why people do not take as much issues with him than they do with Sylvain. Have a nice day.   

You're right. But also remember that different people react differently to the situations and environments they're put in. You even kind of described this with Ingrid's situation being similar to Sylvain's. Sylvain just reacted much poorer than she did. But yeah, at the end of the day, we're entitled to our opinions. Good discussing this with you, and hope you have a nice day too.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

Friendly reminder to not underestimate the competition, fellow Edelgard voters. Keep our Emperor in first place!

These are my thoughts exactly,  there is so much competition from Lysithea, Eirika and so on that I am afraid she could even fall from the top 2. I can give her up to 23 votes until the event ends. 

What does twitter think about Edelgard? I mean that she is the top female currently but I have not seen her mentioned a lot which is what scares me. 

Edited by SuperNova125

39 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

My first three votes have gone to Dimitri (yeah, I'll take my portion of the blame). Next three may very well go to Sylvain or Felix.

Sylvain needs more help than his buddy does! I say you go for Sylvain. ^^

Oh yeah, another super hilarious Sylvain moment: his entire support with Lorenz. WOMANIZER BATTLE! XD

14 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Something tells me that if Sylvain looked like Lorenz or Ignatz, he wouldn't have a defense force. In fact, I'd dare say that if he looked like Ignatz, he would be the most hated character in the game.

I mean, Lorenz is probably the most well intentioned womanizer, and people hate him, so.

Anyways, I'll probably just keep voting for Dimitri, just on the offchance places might change up again, never know what would happen.
As much as I like Marth I kind of hope he loses again, because I find it hilarious it keeps happening.

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

I mean, Lorenz is probably the most well intentioned womanizer, and people hate him, so.

Anyways, I'll probably just keep voting for Dimitri, just on the offchance places might change up again, never know what would happen.
As much as I like Marth I kind of hope he loses again, because I find it hilarious it keeps happening.

I'd actually say that Virion is. His supports with Olivia are sweet and supportive. But I kinda like Lorenz as a diet Virion (who is in turn a diet Bastian).