Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

Marth is in third! I hope he can do what Eliwood did to him last year and overtake Claude!

God, I love Dimitri and Claude so much, and Edie too, but to see this become a Choose Your Houses poll is just disappointing.

Chrom is holding on to fourth for dear life, but at the cost of being separated from male Robin...

It's really good to see Felix in sixth, he's my favourite from Three Houses.

My lord, is that my boy Itsuki in 20th? People say he's bland, and he really is, but I love him so much, I get really attached to the characters I play as, so it's great to see him there.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Who says I'm looking for anything from the wrong type of person? I'm not. There's nothing wrong with someone legitimately complimenting someone else on their appearance.

No, I suppose there isn't. We should all be more complementary if we can help it. But there should always be a sincerity behind it. *shrugs.*

You do you, and, as with everyone, I hope that everything works out. I'll be frank, you sounded a bit depressed.

10 minutes ago, Etheus said:

No, I suppose there isn't. We should all be more complementary if we can help it. But there should always be a sincerity behind it. *shrugs.*

You do you, and, as with everyone, I hope that everything works out. I'll be frank, you sounded a bit depressed.

Oh, I agree. As they say, love makes the world go round. It's a shame that hatred and rudeness still fill some people's hearts.

I'm pretty happy with myself, actually. I may not be pretty or worthy of a guy's heart, but I find I'm happier alone anyway and I don't actually care about being pretty. I can do what I want, make my own decisions, and I don't have to risk hurting someone or getting hurt myself. I used to want friends and even to get married and stuff like that, but trying for it only made me miserable and sometimes actually depressed. I'm so much happier now that I quit with all that and am focusing on a college degree and getting a real career so I can live my new real dream of traveling the US.

To get back on topic, after I give votes to Frederick and Kieran, I'll give the rest to Sylvain and Claude now that I see they're very high. I want Claude to win and Sylvain to get as high as he can!

Edited by Anacybele

Wait, Lysithea's in 2nd?

Never mind, then; time to surpass expectations and get her a CYL appearance! It'd be pretty interesting if we got someone not in the game yet as a brave unit (save for the possibility of her being introduced before the banner like Ike was).

Okay nothing against Three Houses, it's a good game with a majority good characters and I can respect Three Houses characters taking up almost half the top 20 of each gender because at least they're good characters (unlike my opinion of Camilla).

What I don't get is Dimitri. He spends half of the War Arc being the tyrant that you'd normally oppose in any other FE game, and the other half being Academy Arc Dimitri but with an established history of bloodshed and lingering regret. And that's just the Blue Lion path, far as I can tell he doesn't ever get over his issues in the other routes.
And listen, I PLAYED Blue Lions first. Heck it's so far the only route I completed because you can't make me enthusiastic to play essentially the same first half of the game again but with occasional Claude obsessing over your sword. I still think Dimitri is the least interesting of the three House Leaders.

So why is War Arc Dimitri in first? Did I miss something while playing Azure Moon? Maybe a paralogue because I didn't recruit someone specifically? I did recruit Caspar and got the Mercedes/Caspar paralogue, I was able to rerecruit Dedue... whad I miss?

Edited by Xenomata

33 minutes ago, Caster said:

If Bernie wins I hope it turns around and votes change in favor of her war version. I love how it looks so much.
I've been considering throwing some votes to her, but I really want Dimitri to 100% make it...
Hm...

I know. i am struggling here. 
I don't want Dimitri to slip (though it means Claude won and I am equally as fine with that) 
Last year it was really easy for me because it was Alm/MicaMilla/Nephenee #7.  

I will also say I am perfectly okay with a Choose your Houses banner. 
I don't mind if Eirika were to kick one of them out, (or Marth, or both) but for me it's not that big of a deal. for me it's not going to diminish how exciting it will be to theory craft movement, design and skills, over units who will very rarely get banners anyway (teehee). I also personally don't think Eirika (or Marth) "deserve" to win, the units who get the votes do (i've been seeing a lot of "deserve" today LOL).

first or foremost i do tend to vote for my favourites (even though all my favourites dropped this year). so i'll have to really think and see if i do women's votes this year or secure my Dimitriballot.
(I will say if they put this man on a horse (again) i'll be ticked off). 

Let me try to change the discussion back to the topic, before it gets locked or warnings start to appear.

I know that it's early to do it, but I was already searching for ideas for the winner designs... I went for the 4 that are winning right now. I placed some images in Spoiler Boxes, that may be spoilers.

I believe we could get Gremory Lysithea for her possible Brave Alt.

Spoiler

XwEyh1s.jpg

And for Dimitri, we could have his Great Lord outfit, or even something based on his father, like how we had with both Ike and Ephraim:

Spoiler

RXoo7IP.jpg fMPTyBP.jpg

Claude could be his Barbarossa, or an outfit based on Almyra, like Nader's:

Spoiler

p7xbrJA.jpg hmBPngg.png

I was even thinking about Almyra King Claude.

Edelgard could be her Emperor Class, or, like Dimitri, be related to her father, King Ionius IX:

Spoiler

BPPBf25.jpg xC9id9o.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I expect the Brave house leaders will be evolutions from their war arc forms but different enough to ensure the war arcs alts will still get into the game. Their brave versions will likely be what they ended up like after winning their war. Dimitri as a redeemed lion king who still has the heavy army and eyepatch but looks happy instead of looking like an angry hobo. Edelgard as a softer empress who won and no longer has to act like something of a villain, and Claude in an Arabian Sultan outfit to reflect his new status as king of Almyra. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Edelgard and Dmitri's brave outfits and weapons are based on one another. While their legendary versions are post timeskip.

That's one thing that I kinda agree and hope...

I do not want Brave Dimitri to be a Lance unit, I do not want Brave Edelgard to be an Axe unit, and I do not want Brave Claude to be an Archer...

Lysithea can be a different color mage than her normal version will be or a staff unit.

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Okay nothing against Three Houses, it's a good game with a majority good characters and I can respect Three Houses characters taking up almost half the top 20 of each gender because at least they're good characters (unlike my opinion of Camilla).

What I don't get is Dimitri. He spends half of the War Arc being the tyrant that you'd normally oppose in any other FE game, and the other half being Academy Arc Dimitri but with an established history of bloodshed and lingering regret. And that's just the Blue Lion path, far as I can tell he doesn't ever get over his issues in the other routes.
And listen, I PLAYED Blue Lions first. Heck it's so far the only route I completed because you can't make me enthusiastic to play essentially the same first half of the game again but with occasional Claude obsessing over your sword. I still think Dimitri is the least interesting of the three House Leaders.

So why is War Arc Dimitri in first? Did I miss something while playing Azure Moon? Maybe a paralogue because I didn't recruit someone specifically? I did recruit Caspar and got the Mercedes/Caspar paralogue, I was able to rerecruit Dedue... whad I miss?

Seems like you just likely missed the purpose of his character~ He's basically a deconstruction of the typical FE Lord archetype in his dislike of chivary, which conflicts with the ideas of his home country, and his immense amount of self-loathing to the extent that he doesn't care whether he lives or dies for the sake of giving the deceased peace.

He is waaay more than just some feral hobo, he's an extremely interesting character, but it's easy to miss if you just reduce him to "edgy boi".

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Let me try to change the discussion back to the topic, before it gets locked or warnings start to appear.

I know that it's early to do it, but I was already searching for ideas for the winner designs... I went for the 4 that are winning right now. I placed some images in Spoiler Boxes, that may be spoilers.

I believe we could get Gremory Lysithea for her possible Brave Alt.

Reveal hidden contents

XwEyh1s.jpg

And for Dimitri, we could have his Great Lord outfit, or even something based on his father, like how we had with both Ike and Ephraim:

Reveal hidden contents

RXoo7IP.jpg fMPTyBP.jpg

Claude could be his Barbarossa, or an outfit based on Almyra, like Nader's:

Reveal hidden contents

p7xbrJA.jpg hmBPngg.png

I was even thinking about Almyra King Claude.

Edelgard could be her Emperor Class, or, like Dimitri, be related to her father, King Ionius IX:

Reveal hidden contents

BPPBf25.jpg xC9id9o.png

I think the final classes should be their Legendary variants, Braves can be normal timeskip or, as usual, inspired by a relative~

I'm not sure what they would do for Lysithea, but Gremory would be cool~

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's one thing that I kinda agree and hope...

I do not want Brave Dimitri to b a Lance unit, I do not want BraveEdelgard to be a Axe unit, and I do not want Brave Claude to be an Archer...

Lysithea can be a different color mage than her normal version will be or a staff unit.

I say stick with the personality swap thing. 

If Claude and Lysithea, Claude becomes a very surly, rude mage. Lysithea becomes a natural leader and a prankster.

If Bernadetta, Claude becomes a shy shut in, Bernadetta becomes a hyper-confident smooth-talking prankster.

I really want sugar Plums to win, but there is a lot of catching up to do, and if she does not win this year, it will be more and more difficult for her to win in subsequent years. I guess there is always Azura who I think should climb back up once the Three Houses hype dies down. Anna should stand a better chance next year too.

I hope Edelgard gets self Armor March like Darkness Within Y!Tiki, along with Slaying-Distant Counter-Meister Weapon. Say hi to Bonfire, Aether, or Galeforce every turn!

Sylvain is not my cup of tea, but there is no need to bring negativity into a positive celebration of players' favorite characters. People like who they like.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Who says I'm looking for anything from the wrong type of person? I'm not. There's nothing wrong with someone legitimately complimenting someone else on their appearance.

Yeah. Being complimented and feel wanted is nice. Nothing wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I say stick with the personality swap thing. 

If Claude and Lysithea, Claude becomes a very surly, rude mage. Lysithea becomes a natural leader and a prankster.

If Bernadetta, Claude becomes a shy shut in, Bernadetta becomes a hyper-confident smooth-talking prankster.

I do not want to offend no one, but this is a weird idea... we never had something like this, and do not believe it's a possibility.

I like Lysithea, but if we have to get a regular student alongside the three leaders, I'd prefer Hilda. She's not really in range this time, but maybe she'll have a shot next year, once the other students all have regular versions too.

I'm guessing we'll get less shake-ups this year than the previous two - if Marth and Eirika couldn't get ahead of the 3H characters by now, they're probably not going to. Bernadetta or Byleth could have a shot at taking Lysithea's spot, though. Byleth would be funny since she'd make the banner a complete repeat of the original 3H one.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I do not want to offend no one, but this is a weird idea... we never had something like this, and do not believe it's a possibility.

It probably isn't a possibility. *shrugs.*

But we could use new themes for such banners. These can be a bit uninspired with the parents theme.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Sylvain is not my cup of tea, but there is no need to bring negativity into a positive celebration of players' favorite characters. People like who they like.

Yeah, agreed. I'm done with the Sylvain conversation anyway, time to move on. lol

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah. Being complimented and feel wanted is nice. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, even though I don't make friends or desire romance anymore, I would still always appreciate a good sincere compliment. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Here's another idea. Lords become their retainers. Retainers become their lords.

Dimitri becomes an armored fist unit, like Dedue.

Edelgard becomes a dark mage like Hubert.

Claude becomes a super fabulous axe unit like Hilda.

Marth gets an elderly Jeigan alt.

Lysithea becomes the Lady of the Alliance.

Bernadetta becomes an older, more confident Countess Varley.

Honestly, from what I've seen, the Brave alt people want and I'd expect for Marth is his original pantsless look. I personally don't like that design, but people want it.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Here's another idea. Lords become their retainers. Retainers become their lords.

Dimitri becomes an armored fist unit, like Dedue.

Edelgard becomes a dark mage like Hubert.

Claude becomes a super fabulous axe unit like Hilda.

Marth gets an elderly Jeigan alt.

Lysithea becomes the Lady of the Alliance.

Bernadetta becomes an older, more confident Countess Varley.

I liked these ones, even though some of them are just "lets reclass them".

Not sure about the fist unit for Dimitri, since it's not guaranteed that we will have this weapon tyme introduced in the game until then... or at all.

Bernadetta could also be a Armored unit, using a Door as a shield.

16 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

They could give Lysithea the Thyrsus or give her the Thunderbrand and if they do give her the thunderbrand her special could be called soulblade.

While I know she can use the Thunderbrand, giving it to her Brave would be a mistake. They're bound to add Catherine at some point and if they give it to Lysithea, than Catherine would have to have a different personal weapon and that seems like a mess. 

I think I missed a day on this since I was focused on my car troubles.

Anyways I normally vote only once per character since I dislike the all in approach(if I were in charge of the event I would indeed limit everyone to voting just once per candidate). But seeing that Eirika could use some extra pushing has me rather tempted to go all in. I was going to give votes to the Amelia/Ewan/Ross since I like the trio and already threw one Eirika's way first, but it may be more prudent at his point to try and buoy Eirika.