Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe people are not against 3H characters winning the CYL... But it's not that great when all four winners ARE 3H characters...

All previous CYL banners have one character of different games. And even though the games repeated between banners, all units in that banner were from different games:

• CYL 1: Path of Radiance, Blazing Blade, Binding Blade and Awakening;
  • CYL 2: Blazing Blade, Echoes, Sacred Stones and Heroes;
  • CYL 3: Echoes, Radiant Dawn, Blazing Blade and Fates.

Now we have a situation that we may have:

• CYL 4: Three Houses, Three Houses, Three Houses and Three Houses.

It looks less like a Special Alts banner and more like just a new Three Houses Banner where everyone is an alt unit.

Well, ultimately, the people vote for what they vote for.

If I have to accept Heroes OCs getting Brave Alts or taking Farfetched slots, people should have to accept a Brave Three Houses banner, because they voted for that.

Or maybe the rallies will dethrone someone. Who knows?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe people are not against 3H characters winning the CYL... But it's not that great when 4 four winner ARE 3H characters...

All previous CYL banners have one character of different games:

It looks less like a Special Alts banner and more like just a new Three Houses Banner where everyone is an alt unit.

Yeah, it is kind of boring that way, I agree. I even stated this earlier. Even if I do think Three Houses is great and we desperately need more banners for it already. I don't get why IS hasn't pushed it much when it's so successful and loved. Sure, avoiding spoilers is a thing, but they can still push the game a bit more without spilling any.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't bother me all that much that the winners are all TH units at the moment because I do really like the game. xP

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe people are not against 3H characters winning the CYL... But it's not that great when all four winners ARE 3H characters...

All previous CYL banners have one character of different games:

Yeah, this is my problem with it too. Even if Edelgard and Dimitri stayed it first place, I'd be so happy with Eirika and Marth/ Seliph in second place because then at least we'd get a banner covering two/ three games, not just one.

It's why I really hope IS opens the doors to the top non-3H winners too if it comes to it, just so the Brave banner isn't so boring. I sent an enquiry in-game asking what their plan is if 3H sweeps this year. I don't know if they'll reply to me alone, but IS has responded to criticism in the past, so if they see that enough people are concerned...

Edit @Thane: "I know forums only account for a small part of voters but wherever I turn people are voting for Marth and Eirika, which makes it feel as though they aren't very far behind."

Sweet Naga, I hope this is true!! Go, team go!

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, mrwanton said:

Oh don't get me wrong. I like Claude and Dimitri a lot more than Marth. That's not even a contest. I just think he's been messed over a lot and deserves his day after CYL2 did him dirty.

Of course, I'm gonna be really salty if Claude doesn't get 1st next CYL as a result. My main fear is the 3H love wearing off by next year and him becoming the new Marth... no thank you.

Yeah, I'd hate if that ended up happening to Claude too. He's best TH lord imo. So I get where Marth fans are coming from. I'd still be sad if Claude got bumped out of the top two though...

12 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Midterm results are out.
Okay I still gave my third vote to Eirika but I’m jumping ship to Lysithea now to keep her on the second place and I’ll make sure that everyone I know does that too.

BRAVE LYSITHEA HERE WE GO!

That's a shocking betrayal of Eirika. I want her to kick out Lysithea and get into second place. I guess we are at war.  

Well then, it looks like after I give Severa a second vote I will now dump the remaining three votes on best Golden Deer girl XJ-129 Lysithea. She could use that Brave alt way more than a certain other female who already has three alts.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

It'll be interesting to see how complacent some voters will get though. If everyone assumes Dimitri will win and therefore stop voting for him, he may drop and allow Marth voters to overtake him. I know forums only account for a small part of voters but wherever I turn people are voting for Marth and Eirika, which makes it feel as though they aren't very far behind.

The results are from two days of voting and up til now were people saying they're voting for Marth and Eirika and we see where they are. I have seen almost no one up until now be very vocal about Bernie, Lysithea, or Byleth and they're the top 4 contenders. I wouldn't put too much into just what you see online.

Though, I think Dimitri and Claude fans won't get complacent, we see last year Alm was able to be at and stay at 1st, they know what can happen if they stop voting if Marth last year is any indication~

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I sent an enquiry in-game asking what their plan is if 3H sweeps this year. I don't know if they'll reply to me alone, but IS has responded to criticism in the past, so if they see that enough people are concerned...

Their plan will be to just make the Banner with the winners. I strongly doubt IS is as concerned about what game the winners are from as the fans are~

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'd hate if that ended up happening to Claude too. He's best TH lord imo. So I get where Marth fans are coming from. I'd still be sad if Claude got bumped out of the top two though...

I'm kinda expecting him to get bumped out unfortunately. I don't think anyone in 2nd at midterms  has ever retained it.

44 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd argue that Marth deserves it since he technically already should have won CYL 2. IS really screwed him over by separating his Shadow Dragon and New Mystery votes. In total, he had MORE votes than Ephraim.

okay that one is fair. (this was before my time). 

Oh by the way. My friend plays the game - I asked him to vote for Brom for you and he did. 
@Gregster101 i also asked him to vote for Patty for you. i hope this helps your two causes 🙂

@Etheus @Anacybele @DefyingFates

Maybe this is just for me, but having all 3H characters just...nullify the effect of a Brave Heroes banner. I know that it's a event that you vote for your favorite characters to receive an special alt, but having all characters from the same game kinda remove the effect that the event has on me.

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

It'll be interesting to see how complacent some voters will get though. If everyone assumes Dimitri will win and therefore stop voting for him, he may drop and allow Marth voters to overtake him. I know forums only account for a small part of voters but wherever I turn people are voting for Marth and Eirika, which makes it feel as though they aren't very far behind.

Yeah. Despite I liking Claude (for me he is the best of the three house leaders), I would be more happier in having Marth on 2nd Place than him, and a non female 3H character in 2nd place as well. I was kinda sad when I saw the midterm results and saw that Anna dropped a lot.

To be fair, my ideal result for the male side would be people stop voting on Dimitri because they believe he will win anyway, that Claude and Marth beat him and Dimitri gets 3rd, but I am sure this will never happen. lol

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I wonder if the results would be different if we had more 3 Houses banner before now? I feel like people really just want more 3 Houses characters...I mean Edelgard and Dimitri were bound to win no matter what...but I wonder if the other two would be different. I think the only reason I'm voting for Catherine is because she is not in it yet. I mean, I would vote for Rath if she was in the game already. But maybe that's just me.

Without a doubt. Oddly enough I do think the lack of 3H banners has played a part in it's CYL domination.  If people like Sylvain,Felix, Marrianne and Dorothea were already there it'd be a bit more evened out.

4 minutes ago, mrwanton said:

I'm kinda expecting him to get bumped out unfortunately. I don't think anyone in 2nd at midterms  has ever retained it.

Um, that's not true. In the first CYL, Ike, Roy, Lyn, and Lucina were the leaders at the halfway point and stayed that way.

In CYL2, Veronica did bump Camilla out of second place.

In CYL3, Eliwood bumped Marth out of second.

So someone not saying in second place only happened twice. Not in every round.

3 minutes ago, mrwanton said:

Without a doubt. Oddly enough I do think the lack of 3H banners has played a part in it's CYL domination.  If people like Sylvain,Felix, Marrianne and Dorothea were already there it'd be a bit more evened out.

Yeah, that's my thought too. If we had a banner with those four, they probably wouldn't be in the CYL top 20. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the feeling I get. This just proves that IS should have had more 3H focused banners, which I'm shocked that they didn't.

Edited by Dylan Corona

6 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I wonder if the results would be different if we had more 3 Houses banner before now? I feel like people really just want more 3 Houses characters...I mean Edelgard and Dimitri were bound to win no matter what...but I wonder if the other two would be different. I think the only reason I'm voting for Catherine is because she is not in it yet. I mean, I would vote for Rath if she was in the game already. But maybe that's just me.

I think only females would be different. Males was pretty always gonna be Dimitri and Claude and Edelgard was always going to be first for females, but I think Byleth would be higher than Lysithea and Bernie if they were already in the game. But they'd still probably be Top 10, Hilda's in the game and still ranked high~

Nice, my worst fears come to light - IS learned from the Year of Fates Banners not to spam one game a bunch of times in a row and we promptly threw mixed messages by voting all 3H characters for this year. If this year we get anywhere near the same number of 3H banners let it be known I hate you all.

...Ok! Now that that’s out of my system, I handed a vote to Marth this morning since he’s super overdue for this. I have my choices for NNID1 already lined up, but I’m open to suggestions for my remaining votes on NNID2, most convincing argument wins.

49 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Bad person =/= bad character. Sylvain might be a bad person, but that doesn't mean he's a bad character. Also, there should be nothing shocking of bad people winning character popularity polls. 

And, this is fiction, fantasy. IRL, you probably wouldn't want to like Shinon or Makalov. And, no villain would deserve any appreciation and all should be sent to jail or death row, or at least an insane asylum in some cases.

Fantasy allows one to enjoy things they normally shouldn't, and for most people, hopefully that doesn't impact their IRL behaviors. But I don't know if there is absolutely no one sharpening a spear in their room, with quips from Valter written in blood on the walls, meditating as they try to identify a real world Eirika. -But I'd bet there isn't; I'm not trying to eradicate humanity or engage in vigilantism.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What i can say about Dimitri is that... I understand why people do not like and I also understand why people like him... During is edgy phase, he was so annoying for me... but after this he got better and become an enjoyable character... I like Dimitri, but he feels like the most generic of the three house leaders. he just have a sad background, but he kinda has the "prince/future king that trust in his allies" personality when he doesn't want to kill every last one of them.

About Edelgard... Just to explain myself here: I played Golden Deer first, then Blue Lions and then Black Eagles. I didn't like Edelgard in Golden Deer, I started to dislike her even more in Blue Lions, and the dislike became hate in Black Eagles. That's all I will say about her.

I am with you when it comes to Dimitri, these are exactly my thoughts for him. 

About Edelgard, I am a bit curious why as to why you dislike her, I personally like her to the point I consider her one of my favourite FE characters. I would be interested in taking a look into a different opinion about her if you don't mind sharing it. 

Edited by SuperNova125

22 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

okay that one is fair. (this was before my time). 

Oh by the way. My friend plays the game - I asked him to vote for Brom for you and he did. 
@Gregster101 i also asked him to vote for Patty for you. i hope this helps your two causes 🙂

I love both you and your friend XP

46 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...what? I never assumed anything about why people like Dimitri, and I admitted that I probably can't like Dimitri because I can't get past the things he is and does as dark Dimitri. But... literally my first question was if I missed something when playing the Blue Lions route. And @Landmaster pretty clearly explained that yeah I did.
If I can't see the appeal of a character, how am I assuming anything? Or is it that because I don't like him, no one should? Because I don't think like that...

you literally said 

I probably just can't see the reason to like Dimitri because the kind of character Dimitri was for the first half of the War Arc (from my point of view calling him a tyrant) is the kind of character I DON'T like. Add on the whole paper cut-out Lord act, and... well, for what it's worth I can't say I like Edelgard much, but then I haven't seen her on the Black Eagles route yet, and at the very least she seems a lot more genuine than Dimitri was being in the Academy arc.
...I dunno, I don't get why people can like tyrants, psychos, yanaderes, and such either.

essentially saying because I see Dimitri as a tyrant/psycho/yandere, that must mean people who like Dimitri like him because he's a tyrant/psycho/yandere despite there being a multitude of reasons as to why a person can like Dimitri

Yeah I think there's a possibility Edelgard/Dimitri could drop if people have the "they are #1 right now so I can vote for other characters because they'll win anyways" mindset, which could change things up. Which is why I don't really like interim results because people either feel demotivated if their faves aren't in the top 10 (or maybe top 5) and I quite like the mystery of not knowing. Either way it's safe to say 3H is dominating CYL. Even though I'm neutral about Marth, he got done dirty in CYL1/2 because of the FE11/12 split, and then I found Eliwood winning CYL3 kind of random. Either way, maybe it'd be Marth's time in CYL5 unless the Abyss units make a significant impact and/or a new FE title shows up.

Edited by Lunarly

44 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's a fair point: MIDTERM RESULTS ARE A MISTAKE

We should only know the final result, not how the votings are going because of course it will manipulate the remaining votes!

I disagree. not to get (too political) but most types of voting have some sort of midterm results. there is very any kind of election/voting system where you're completely utterly blind in the voting. i would rather know (if i voted twice for Azura for example) if she's not even in the top ten - that i could actually put my votes else where else(if i cared that much about "influencing" the vote - or - just continue to vote for people not in the game etc etc.

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

That's a shocking betrayal of Eirika. I want her to kick out Lysithea and get into second place. I guess we are at war.  

I mean I did say back in the Julia thread that I would only give Eirika some of my votes, not all of them.

At the time I also didn't like Lys as much as El so I gotta rally for Lys now and gotta keep her in the second spot by getting a lot of votes. 

Give me your best shot.

Dimitri's in a weird spot for me

I recognize that he's fantastic and his character arc is legitimately well done but at the same time I feel like the game kinda pushes his tragedy in the forefront a bit compared to the other 2 lords.

Annoys me a bit.

Dimitri's route is all about him, how he became how he is and what he used to be. He has several NPCs exclusive to his route that really tie everything together.

But Edelgard and especially Claude don't really get the same treatment. To find out why they are the way they are you really have to do their supports while in contrast you find out what makes Dimitri tick naturally during the story.

Spoiler

You don't even get to see Claude's home which to me is a large oversight.

I really wish the alliance and the empire got a bit more insight because they feel rapidly underdeveloped in contrast to the Kingdom. The fact that the alliance only has 1 NPC in the game really hurts.

Edited by mrwanton