Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Midterm results are out.
Okay I still gave my third vote to Eirika but I’m jumping ship to Lysithea now to keep her on the second place and I’ll make sure that everyone I know does that too.

BRAVE LYSITHEA HERE WE GO!

Why just keeping her in second place when she can be first place if rallied hard enough? 

Claude being second place, I wonder if they’ll be satisfied with just being the Silver Deer instead of attempting to aim for the Gold...? Sure,  attempting to dethrone Dimitri sounds insane but it’s definitely worth trying. 

So, uh. Currently a 3H sweep.

I'm happy for people who are satisfied with the current results. Me, I'll just keep my thoughts to myself.

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I disagree. not to get (too political) but most types of voting have some sort of midterm results. there is very any kind of election/voting system where you're completely utterly blind in the voting. i would rather know (if i voted twice for Azura for example) if she's not even in the top ten - that i could actually put my votes else where else(if i cared that much about "influencing" the vote - or - just continue to vote for people not in the game etc etc.

Here where I live we use eletronic voting system to vote, and we start to get the votes results once AFTER the voting ended. We do not get a "it's been 6 hours since the voting started, so now we will check how the votes are going" thing.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Why just keeping her in second place when she can be first place if rallied hard enough? 

Claude being second place, I wonder if they’ll be satisfied with just being the Silver Deer instead of attempting to aim for the Gold...? Sure,  attempting to dethrone Dimitri sounds insane but it’s definitely worth trying. 

Oh, definitely, I'm going to push as hard as I can (by the end I should have gotten 40 votes for Lysithea) but I doubt that we'll be able to beat the new Female Bi Lord that also has appeal as an antagonist. 

1 minute ago, Strullemia said:

Oh, definitely, I'm going to push as hard as I can (by the end I should have gotten 40 votes for Lysithea) but I doubt that we'll be able to beat the new Female Bi Lord that also has appeal as an antagonist. 

Well, fortunately in this case, Edelgard seems to be far more divisive than Camilla ever was so there’s a decent shot at actually dethroning her with organized rallying. It’ll be tough but it should be a tiny bit easier than Claude dethroning Dimitri. 

These midterms only take the first 2 days into consideration so the window for an upset is actually pretty decent. 

I'm just going to stick to my original plan and continue my current voting pattern. This means I do have my seventh vote open, but I have some time to decide what to do with it. I'm just happy Reinhardt's still within top 20, since I was worried he'd fall out of top 100.

That said, I'm worried about Rath. He was just barely in top 100 last year, I'm sure all the 3H characters have pushed him out. And I don't want to imagine how much Tormod fell. -_- Tormod should be more popular.

39 minutes ago, Lunarly said:

you literally said 

essentially saying because I see Dimitri as a tyrant/psycho/yandere, that must mean people who like Dimitri like him because he's a tyrant/psycho/yandere despite there being a multitude of reasons as to why a person can like Dimitri

...you're putting words in my mouth. I mean that the exact same way as if I were to say "I don't get what's so great about country music" or "I don't understand how people can support Trump" or even "I don't know why people like honing in on one sentence in an entire discussion and use that to make assumptions about others". I'm not saying anything about others tastes, I'm saying I don't get it because I legit don't get it.

It's no more than an aside, wholly unrelated to Dimitri, same way you'd say "Alright enough about the quality of Taco Bell meat, what's going on with the way farms these days treat cows?". Two separate subjects. That's it.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...you're putting words in my mouth. I mean that the exact same way as if I were to say "I don't get what's so great about country music" or "I don't understand how people can support Trump" or even "I don't know why people like honing in on one sentence in an entire discussion and use that to make assumptions about others". I'm not saying anything about others tastes, I'm saying I don't get it because I legit don't get it.

There's nothing wrong with not understanding the popularity of certain tropes or characters as long as one is not a dick about it.

There are several characters in FE that I don't like, don't understand why they're popular, and don't think I ever will or care to understand. And that's fine, as long as I'm not an ass about it. You're good.

Edited by Sunwoo

48 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Nice, my worst fears come to light - IS learned from the Year of Fates Banners not to spam one game a bunch of times in a row and we promptly threw mixed messages by voting all 3H characters for this year. If this year we get anywhere near the same number of 3H banners let it be known I hate you all.

...Ok! Now that that’s out of my system, I handed a vote to Marth this morning since he’s super overdue for this. I have my choices for NNID1 already lined up, but I’m open to suggestions for my remaining votes on NNID2, most convincing argument wins.

I don’t think there will be that many 3H banners. With TMS being a thing now, spin-offs are on the table so they can spread things out better this year. 

Well, since you’re open to suggestions, consider dropping a vote for Bernadetta. The Women’s Division could actually get two non-lords to win this year if Bernadetta and Lysithea are rallied hard enough. Camilla and Veronica have shown that it’s possible for non-lords to win. The whole idea of the usually socially awkward Bernadetta winning CYL and getting those “voices calling out for her” is pretty fun and there’s also the fact that voting for her is also voting for a character that isn’t in the game yet. 

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The whole idea of the usually socially awkward Bernadetta winning CYL and getting those “voices calling out for her” is pretty fun

It wouldn't be fun for her, I'm pretty certain. Poor girl.

Trust me, I know. From experience, in fact. Not joking.

I was voted homecoming princess in 10th grade for a reason I still can't figure out and had my peers cheering for me in the hall once after that. I hated it. I felt overwhelmed and uncomfortable. And I'm a socially awkward person like Bernie. I turned down the position, not even just because I was uncomfortable, but also because I dislike school dances to begin with. They're too loud and obnoxious and I have sensitive hearing.

So yeah, I feel bad for Bernie if she has to deal with all those voices calling her name and stuff. 😞

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get why IS hasn't pushed it much when it's so successful and loved.

This... had me thinking. I wondered why myself and double checked the history of New Hero banners with a focus on a single game (no seasonals, no CYL, Farfetched Heroes, or Fallen Heroes since they do not focus on a single game, though Adrift counted...). The result... I still don't know.

I made a quick spreadsheet with all the single game focus New Hero banners on it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rYjYYDW9mi4f7v2G0UFkbeC-B6ph_FuY2UqjeY9Wd9c/edit?usp=sharing

I don't see a pattern. Maybe it has something to do with year? The book the banner is a part of? Whoever's running the dart launcher? I can't tell...

Edited by Xenomata

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It wouldn't be fun for her, I'm pretty certain. Poor girl.

Trust me, I know. From experience, in fact. Not joking.

Good thing she’s just a fictional character like every FE character people can vote for. You’re taking this too seriously. 

Anyway, it’ll be interesting to see how this year’s early midterms will affect the final result. 

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Camilla and Veronica have shown that it’s possible for non-lords to win.

Can you define lord, I'm very confused when people say that the second in line to the throne isn't considered one.

I promise I won't argue your definition.

Well, fortunately in this case, Edelgard seems to be far more divisive than Camilla ever was so there’s a decent shot at actually dethroning her with organized rallying. It’ll be tough but it should be a tiny bit easier than Claude dethroning Dimitri. 

Now this is something I’d like to see. It would be the dark horse of dark horses if Lyssie and Silly Bernie take her place

2 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Can you define lord, I'm very confused when people say that the second in line to the throne isn't considered one.

By lord, they're almost certainly referring to the main protagonist, whose class is ALMOST always Lord or great lord at some point, not nobility in general.

I am honestly shocked that Bernadetta and Lysithea are doing so well. I personally prefer those two being top two over Edelgard, but I want to see Eirika win!

Also @Anacybele Sylvain's doing really well! I hope you're happy about that. But serously, how many times did you vote each day?

9 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I mean, as in “Lord” class characters/main characters in the Fire Emblem series. Ike, in particular, isn’t “Lord” class until later in PoR but he’s a main character. Characters such as Camilla and Veronica aren’t “Lord” class characters nor main characters in their respective games. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Well, fortunately in this case, Edelgard seems to be far more divisive than Camilla ever was

Is this even close to being true?? Camilla was from what I remember, far more divisive simply because everyone considered her a pair of boobs rather than a character and she already had numerous alts prior to her winning, and Fates pandering was already being ridiculed in FEH (and Fates generally hated as a game itself). I saw very few people happy with Camilla's win, and many attempt to organize to defeat her. Every time she got an alt, this forum was filled with salt.

11 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Is this even close to being true?? Camilla was from what I remember, far more divisive simply because everyone considered her a pair of boobs rather than a character and she already had numerous alts prior to her winning, and Fates pandering was already being ridiculed in FEH (and Fates generally hated as a game itself). I saw very few people happy with Camilla's win, and many attempt to organize to defeat her. Every time she got an alt, this forum was filled with salt.

Maybe. “Divisive” in the terms that she’s also an antagonist of most routes. Some people “hate” her probably as much as others “like” her due to this. In Camilla’s case last year, she had an alt overflow with one released shortly before CYL3 began. This caused massive troll voting and “hate” voting. Edelgard, on the other side, currently has no alts but a rather more...defined “hatebase”. Not because of alt overflow/fanservice pandering but due to her actions in-game. Camilla isn’t nearly as “controversial” as Edelgard in that regard. Comparing the two of them, Camilla, despite her issues, was actually quite tame in Fates. 

Who knows what will actually happen this year...? 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

This... had me thinking. I wondered why myself and double checked the history of New Hero banners with a focus on a single game (no seasonals, no CYL, Farfetched Heroes, or Fallen Heroes since they do not focus on a single game, though Adrift counted...). The result... I still don't know.

I made a quick spreadsheet with all the single game focus New Hero banners on it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rYjYYDW9mi4f7v2G0UFkbeC-B6ph_FuY2UqjeY9Wd9c/edit?usp=sharing

I don't see a pattern. Maybe it has something to do with year? The book the banner is a part of? Whoever's running the dart launcher? I can't tell...

Yeah, it's baffling. And what's just as baffling is the lack of a third Farfetched/Brave Redux banner. I was fully expecting to see one and hoped Jill and Shinon would be on it and we didn't get one at all. 😕 I was extremely disappointed and still kind of am about it. I really wanted Shinon in particular.

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also @Anacybele Sylvain's doing really well! I hope you're happy about that. But serously, how many times did you vote each day?

I've known this all day lol. Of course I'm really happy about it. XD For once, a non-lord I really like is actually popular. All the other characters I like besides pretty much just Ike and Ephraim and Claude aren't liked much at all.

The most baffling to me being Elincia. I never understood why she isn't liked and I never will. To me she's the best female in the series...

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I disagree. not to get (too political) but most types of voting have some sort of midterm results. there is very any kind of election/voting system where you're completely utterly blind in the voting.

In terms of voting for government office, the only kind of "midterm results" you usually get are when groups go out and perform random surveys on voters for who they are going to vote for or who they voted for. However, these are just polls and are not in any way actual vote counts.

In the presidential elections for the United States, the most you can get while voting is in progress is that the polls on the west coast often close after some voting districts on the east coast have already reported their results.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

"Lord" typically refers to the class archetype in gameplay and the characters that have those classes. A character's sociopolitical status in the story doesn't matter.

57 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

I saw very few people happy with Camilla's win, and many attempt to organize to defeat her. Every time she got an alt, this forum was filled with salt.

There can exist people who are satisfied with something and people who are dissatisfied with something simultaneously. The existence of one is not exclusive of the existence of the other.

Seeing a lot of salty people only tells you that there are a lot of salty people. It does not tell you how many people are not salty.

Edited by Ice Dragon

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The most baffling to me being Elincia. I never understood why she isn't liked and I never will. To me she's the best female in the series...

well because in POR she's boring. she's basically all "My Lord Ike." for 99 percent of the game and then only joins up after Lucia, Geoffery and the other dude brings her her gramma's old pegasus and you play with her for like two seconds. 

and I say this as someone who likes Elincia (well in Heroes). I haven't played Radiant Dawn yet and i've heard she's better there.  i'll see once i actually get bored of playing 3H (700 hours and counting...)

Edited by daisy jane