Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well because in POR she's boring. she's basically all "My Lord Ike." for 99 percent of the game and then only joins up after Lucia, Geoffery and the other dude brings her her gramma's old pegasus and you play with her for like two seconds. 

and I say this as someone who likes Elincia (well in Heroes). I haven't played Radiant Dawn yet and i've heard she's better there.  i'll see once i actually get bored of playing 3H (700 hours and counting...)

Thats my opinion about her as well... Not a huge fan of Elincia in PoR

When I played RD, I got bored in her part, so...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Thats my opinion about her as well... Not a huge fan of Elincia in PoR

When I played RD, I got bored in her part, so...

and the thing is - that's okay. 
like people don't get why Dimitri is amazing. (or eirika or Marth or whomever)

that's why we like whom we like and don't like who we don't like. 

image.png.49a7b5ccc17d819243f61598efc595c1.png

I am going to cast my one Three Houses vote for the best boy in the game, Ashe. The way I see it, Brave Ashe would succeed his adoptive father Lonato as Lord of Castle Gaspard and don his lance, horse, and armor. Vote for Ashe. He's in the Top 10 and I'm so happy. Let's keep it that way.

115017.png

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Grammar

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There can exist people who are satisfied with something and people who are dissatisfied with something simultaneously. The existence of one is not exclusive of the existence of the other.

Seeing a lot of salty people only tells you that there are a lot of salty people. It does not tell you how many people are not salty.

That was my point, though. That there seems to be a lot of hate for Edelgard making her seem 'divisive', but it doesn't really seem to be accurate based on polls and what's actually happening. There was a lot of hate for Camilla (specially on here), and yet she clearly still won CYL, which meant it's not fully indicative either way. But just the fact it doesn't feel true to say Camilla is less divisive because there were at least more specific events that led to salt, that Edelgard hasn't had (yet). So overall the salt towards Camilla was at least higher and exacerbated by several issues. Not to suggest there weren't a huge populace of people who stayed silent/actually really like Camilla.

16 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well because in POR she's boring. she's basically all "My Lord Ike." for 99 percent of the game and then only joins up after Lucia, Geoffery and the other dude brings her her gramma's old pegasus and you play with her for like two seconds. 

and I say this as someone who likes Elincia (well in Heroes). I haven't played Radiant Dawn yet and i've heard she's better there.  i'll see once i actually get bored of playing 3H (700 hours and counting...)

She's amazing in RD though, regardless of PoR. And people tend to dislike RD Ike, but that hasn't stopped Ike from being super popular in general.

I don't think she's boring in PoR though. She has some great moments there too. Like when she tells Ike to give the enemies a sound thrashing. And apparently that line is actually "kick their ass" in Japanese! lol

32 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

There was a lot of hate for Camilla (specially on here), and yet she clearly still won CYL, which meant it's not fully indicative either way. But just the fact it doesn't feel true to say Camilla is less divisive because there were at least more specific events that led to salt, that Edelgard hasn't had (yet). So overall the salt towards Camilla was at least higher and exacerbated by several issues. Not to suggest there weren't a huge populace of people who stayed silent/actually really like Camilla.

*Whistles non-suspiciously* I'm not supposed to like this type of character, but she's just such an uchi who had me at "schmoopie", the kind that, I imagine when she pets your head after a long day, you can't help but fall asleep. "Don't worry, my eyes are always up here. Zzz..." I'm as straight as a pole; I swear.

Ah.. I'm not really feeling any of the female characters aside from Plumeria and Awakening Anna... Tharja who I originally voted for has no chance in winning now.

Guess I'm gonna switch and pour all my votes into my bro Chrom and hope for the best! Getting his alt with Kozaki's art would be amazing!

I'm happy to see some Tellians in the top 20 on both sides! Three Houses has done very well, but I'm so glad to see a few Tellians hanging in there. Especially since I'm a huge Zelgius fan... I only wish they'd combine his and the Black Knight's votes. And since both Tellian lords have won already, I probably won't be voting for anyone likely to win one of the top four spots any time soon.

Now... a couple of votes the Black Knight's way to try to keep him in the top 20 for fun, and then back to my missing Tellian men: Zihark, Rafiel, Volug, and Boyd. I will be very content once they are in! My sister and I are both voting.

Weird... all my votes are going to men this year. That wasn't planned! Probably has something to do with Nailah, Mist, and Michiah all being in. The most glaring omissions among my favorite characters are men...

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And my fourth vote has been cast as well! Can't wait to finish filling up my whole ballot though. 🙂

This is why I wasn’t keen on voting at first..... I ALWAYS FORGET TO HALFWAY THROUGH 🤣. Thank god they were sensible enough to pin CYL this time 😆. My votes were: first Sothis, then changed to Rhea until today. I don’t think she’ll make it, but I’m voting for Silly Bernie from now on ^^

Another vote for PTSDimitri~

Kind of unrelated, but I had a thought about future duo heroes and designs, and I was thinking about how cute it would be if they ever made a dancing duo unit of Mini-mitri and Mini-gard based on that CG of their younger selves dancing in Dimitri's flashback. It would be like Smol-zura from the Adrift stuff except this time there would be canonical basis since Dimitri and Edelgard actually have younger selves that show up onscreen. If I have to suffer more alts than new FE units and more duo heroes in general, I wouldn't mind more cute units like that 🙂

Actual question though:

I dont remember when they announced results in previous years. Was it right after the voting closed, or did it take days/weeks to see the final numbers?

13 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

I dont remember when they announced results in previous years. Was it right after the voting closed, or did it take days/weeks to see the final numbers?

There was some delay - a few days I think - but nowhere near weeks. I remember the results "leaking" because of people finding the unpublished files on the website.

EDIT: Looks like voting last year closed on the 28th and the results were published on the 1st.

Edited by Humanoid

This is the point when I start voting for characters already in the game, I guess. While there are other characters I like who are not in yet, Tormod and Rath and Luthier are the big ones. Also, Marcia's a girl so she might have a better shot than them.

Just cast my vote for Ranulf, but after today I'm going all in on Claude. I know a lot of people don't want a TH domination for the CYL alts, but honestly I like the three House Leaders enough that I don't mind them taking those spots and Claude in particular is a character I want to see win. He's my favorite of the three and the one I grew attached to the most throughout the game, so I'll keep supporting him to the end so that he can keep his second place (or take first, but I doubt Dimitri fans will let that happen).

I feel like Brave Bernie should be her War Phase variant, it's a bit unfitting character-wise for her to happen before Time Skip~

Spoiler

It'd likely be a CF-verse Bernie, as well considering that is when she finally comes out of her room~

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The most baffling to me being Elincia. I never understood why she isn't liked and I never will. To me she's the best female in the series...

I like her too; part 2 in RD (Which is largely hers) was my least favourite (except for endgame.) Regardless, I like her as a character. She's supposed to be humble and stuff in PoR, but she has her moments too.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And people tend to dislike RD Ike

Time for a mind-blowing opinion: I don't mind Ike stealing Micaiah' spotlight in RD.

For one, it'sthe first part od the game you have multiple solid choices so you don'thave to turtle everything. Secondly, I like the slowly intertwining stories. (Watching Aran OHKO Ike on turn 4 of 13-3 has been the highlight of my run thus far.) Because they scrapped the support system, we don't get Micaiah as highlighted anyways. Third, I love the greil mercs in general and Ike is just a strong enough charac ter to deserve being protag no. 2.  I would like to see the two of them interact more, but I don't mind that much. (I'm still only midway through 4-4.)

Anyhoo, back to CYL.  Looks like Marth is toast again. Sadly, Eirika seems to be in a tough spot too. (I'm still there for you, though!)

IF Eirika doesn't win, I want Lysithea to clap Edelgard and then I want Dorothea or Plumeria to slap her so we can have a dancer too. (I'd assume Dorothea would be a dance/sing unit.) I don't really care about the guys as much, but for Naga's sake, Marth, pull it together! (I guess he's gonna lose because he has 'Math' in his name.)

Edited by Benice

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

(I guess he's gonna lose because he has 'Math' in his name.)

Okay, laughed at this. Is this why he's not doing well with the numbers?

Anyway, as for the actual topic, these results are still really up in the air. Things can shift dramatically. As for who wins 1 and 2 in either category, I'm cool with whatever. The most important thing for me is trying to get Elena in the game at all (as well as others who were unplayable in their home games, like Leila from FE7 or Fernand from FE15. Though, to be fair, I believe Fernand was playable for 1 map in some DLC. Still, I want to actually play him. Elena's my highest priority right now, though.)

36 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I feel like Brave Bernie should be her War Phase variant, it's a bit unfitting character-wise for her to happen before Time Skip~

Reveal hidden contents

It'd likely be a CF-verse Bernie, as well considering that is when she finally comes out of her room~

Which is why I’m voting for her War Arc variant. Academy Arc Bernie getting the “Brave” variant would feel a bit awkward. 

9 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Okay, laughed at this. Is this why he's not doing well with the numbers?

Well, he's good at multiplying with Caeda

It doesn't look like there' gonna be any staff users who win. I have mixed feelings about that, because B! Veronica and Camilla are kind of broken, wbich sucks when they're on the other team, but great when they're on mine. As long as there's no lull skills and no MT 16 DISTANT COUNTER EFF VS CAL AND ARMR GRANTS ATK/SPD/DEF/RES  4, I'm satisfied. (I'm sort of afraid we'll get something like that one day.)

Edited by Benice

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

It doesn't look like there' gonna be any staff users who win. I have mixed feelings about that, because B! Veronica and Camilla are kind of broken, wbich sucks when they're on the other team, but great when they're on mine. As long as there's no lull skills and no MT 16 DISTANT COUNTER EFF VS CAL AND ARMR GRANTS ATK/SPD/DEF/RES  4, I'm satisfied. (I'm sort of afraid we'll get something like that one day.)

Lysithea with Thyrsus is a conceivable option if she does truly win. But other than her yeah, it's fairly unlikely that any of the other potential winners will get a staff aside from Marth if they forgo the stupid pantless design have him mimic Elice.

It turns out the requirement to ride a pegasus wasn't being female after all - it was not wearing pants. Even I would accept Marth as a winner if it meant he was a (pantsless) flying pegasus healer.

Without that assurance though, I remain fearful that Marth will simply be Brave Alm mk2 and will therefore try to get Claude in before him. The female side is tougher because it's harder to justify backing one horse over the other when you dislike both (and simply dislike one more than the other).

P.S. Maybe all the CYL winners should be duo heroes, and 1st is paired with 3rd, 2nd with 4th.

Edited by Humanoid