Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I actually have put in a vote for Eirika already. I'll see if I can add in a second for her, I legit was convinced to throw her one off of just that Twitter post you linked to - holy cow that girl has SASS.

6 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

I don’t think there will be that many 3H banners. With TMS being a thing now, spin-offs are on the table so they can spread things out better this year. 

Well, since you’re open to suggestions, consider dropping a vote for Bernadetta. The Women’s Division could actually get two non-lords to win this year if Bernadetta and Lysithea are rallied hard enough. Camilla and Veronica have shown that it’s possible for non-lords to win. The whole idea of the usually socially awkward Bernadetta winning CYL and getting those “voices calling out for her” is pretty fun and there’s also the fact that voting for her is also voting for a character that isn’t in the game yet. 

We'll see. Having not played it yet, 3H occupies kind of an odd spot for me, mostly because I haven't touched the game yet still loathe Edelgard because of Heroes - no unmerged Green Unit should be one-rounding my +10 Roy and still expecting me to like them as a character. I also have issues with 3H due to Cipher powercreep - pretty much the only 3H characters I haven't had reason to be annoyed with are Hilda, who I'm a little wary of due to fanart, and Poe, who...isn't actually a 3H character. So...yeah. I'll keep Bernadetta in mind, she's one of the lesser offenders in Cipher so she's not so bad in my book, and the irony certainly appeals to me.

In other news, another shocker choice for me today, Hestia! In case it wasn't obvious for anyone, I'm not actually trying to affect the Top 4 Units at all - rather, I'm putting my votes on characters I just want to see in, same as before with Idunn and Nagi the three previous years. NNID2 is open for suggestions because I do want to maybe help someone else's CYL dream come true. Today's vote, like yesterday's, was another character I don't quite understand my attachment to - Hestia doesn't have nearly enough screentime to be really likable, but I want her in if we get another Fallen Heroes Banner. I haven't figured out how to switch accounts on the CYL website on an actual comp, so I'll be casting today's vote on mobile in the morning(it being almost midnight for me currently). Again, feel free to attempt to convince me yours is the character to choose!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Marth if they forgo the stupid pantless design

18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Marth as a winner if it meant he was a (pantsless) flying pegasus healer.

Okay, seriouly, what i up with pantsless Marth? Why is literally everybody obsessed with the concept? I have no idea what anyone is talking about! 

As long as we don't get another hecking eff. against dragons weapon for Marth, I'm mostly happy. (I want a weapon that deals effective damage against people who are effective against dragons. Medeus, perhaps?)

Tally up another one for Eirika!

Edited by Benice

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Okay, seriouly, what i up with pantsless Marth? Why is literally everybody obsessed with the concept? I have no idea what anyone is talking about! 

Blame this:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20190412025534

And if you ever wondered why Brave Alm has dong armor, that was from his original art as well.

5 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

Is this even close to being true?? Camilla was from what I remember, far more divisive simply because everyone considered her a pair of boobs rather than a character and she already had numerous alts prior to her winning, and Fates pandering was already being ridiculed in FEH (and Fates generally hated as a game itself). I saw very few people happy with Camilla's win, and many attempt to organize to defeat her. Every time she got an alt, this forum was filled with salt.

5 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Maybe. “Divisive” in the terms that she’s also an antagonist of most routes. Some people “hate” her probably as much as others “like” her due to this. In Camilla’s case last year, she had an alt overflow with one released shortly before CYL3 began. This caused massive troll voting and “hate” voting. Edelgard, on the other side, currently has no alts but a rather more...defined “hatebase”. Not because of alt overflow/fanservice pandering but due to her actions in-game. Camilla isn’t nearly as “controversial” as Edelgard in that regard. Comparing the two of them, Camilla, despite her issues, was actually quite tame in Fates.

Hey, do you know why I put a caveat that bitching about Camilla was a three-month ban?  Because eventually the topic will come back to her.

So take the none-too-subtle hint and DROP IT.  Because I'd rather not suspend people for stupid amounts of time again.

(besides, it gives some people an excuse to hate on others, and I don't need that)

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Main Site -> Fire Emblem (the original game).  Look at the box art.  Marvel at his legs.

---

The midterms results will make me do something that I have never, EVER done before.  Next vote's going to Eirika.  I vastly prefer her to Lysithea (the only reason why she isn't my least favorite GD student is because Leonie exists).

I'm not sure if she can actually make a comeback with all the current three houses waifu hype, but I'm gonna be voting for Eirika. I would normally just keep voting my obscure choices but I've seen so much rallying for her i just gotta help out a bit. It's the vocal minority, but it's something. I actually wouldn't mind all that much if Lysithea was one of the two female winners, but I really would rather pre-character development Bernadetta not get a brave alt. I don't vibe with the uwu must protec messy hair constant screaming version of her.

A friend of mine actually criticized me for focusing my votes on the females (she wans Bernie to win lol and even though I told her I'm chill with war arc Bern she's giving me the silent treatment now) when I like Claude and he could lose, but... if Marth upsets him I'd be just fine. If Claude doesn't get second this year he might get first the next and get a nice prf skill!

7 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

I'm not sure if she can actually make a comeback with all the current three houses waifu hype, but I'm gonna be voting for Eirika. I would normally just keep voting my obscure choices but I've seen so much rallying for her i just gotta help out a bit. It's the vocal minority, but it's something. I actually wouldn't mind all that much if Lysithea was one of the two female winners, but I really would rather pre-character development Bernadetta not get a brave alt. I don't vibe with the uwu must protec messy hair constant screaming version of her.

A friend of mine actually criticized me for focusing my votes on the females (she wans Bernie to win lol and even though I told her I'm chill with war arc Bern she's giving me the silent treatment now) when I like Claude and he could lose, but... if Marth upsets him I'd be just fine. If Claude doesn't get second this year he might get first the next and get a nice prf skill!

Hello there, me!  Well, we vote different genders, but still!  I vote so that my favorites get in, one day.

Assuming you weren't going to rally Eirika, who would you vote for?

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

He even has a Cipher card:

Spoiler

P13-005.png

49 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It turns out the requirement to ride a pegasus wasn't being female after all - it was not wearing pants.

But what about Subaki?

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Either his pegasus is fake or his pants are fake.

Okay, legit laughed at this. XD

Edit: Will "Subaki's pants are fake" become a meme now? I feel like that's coming now that it's been said.

Edited by Mercakete

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hello there, me!  Well, we vote different genders, but still!  I vote so that my favorites get in, one day.

Assuming you weren't going to rally Eirika, who would you vote for?

Hi! Thankfully a lot of my favorites managed to get in this year, but among the ones I'd still like to see are Ryan, Cecil, Yuliya and Yubello, Dew, Lana, Coirpre, Lowen, Farina, Zihark, Astrid, Laura, Elena, Amy, Miriel, Emmeryn, Orochi and Sophie. I know I couldn't have voted for everyone but those were my "still not in the game" choices not counting three houses😛. In the end I only managed to throw a vote towards Astrid, Rebecca (to maybe get an alt) and Ilyana (to maybe get a non-alt) before I saw the midterms and started looking around to see if Eirika had a chance or I had to throw my votes at Lysithea. What were your options? 

Day 1: Soren

Day 2: Tiki

Day 3: Cynthia

Day 4: F!Morgan

Marianne and Skrimir also deserve a vote, and I kind of want to keep F!Robin in the top 20. I also want to vote for Sanaki for being an amazing character. 

Hmm. I'm starting to think I don't have enough votes, chaps. 

It is turning out just as I feared... instead of a "choose your legends" banner, we are going to end up with a "choose your house" banner! lol

These results feel like a mix of recency bias and people eagerly wanting certain characters in that would have likely been in soon, anyway. I'm willing to bet a lot of characters like Lysithea and Dorathea are already planned and likely to be on the next Three Houses banner or two well before the next CYL banner arrives.

Poor Marth just can't catch a break; first he gets screwed out of a rightful win by having his votes split, and now with all notable competition gone and the vote split fixed, he instead has to deal with two brand new main characters that just arrived. If I were Marth, I'd probably be thinking, "With all the focus on fan service these days, wouldn't it have made more sense to have two female leads?! Or even all three?!"

Imagine if one rule was that before a character is available to be voted on, their game/chapter must have been out for a whole year. The results of that would be much more interesting... for me at least. lol

Officially hyped for the 4th Choose Your Legends Poll! I am excited to see who everyone decides to go all in on this time around. That being said, I definitely know who I am supporting with full force... Hopefully my glowing praise and opinions can inspire all of you to vote for him as well...

All 7 of my votes are going to perhaps my favorite lord in the entire Fire Emblem series... the Scion of Light, the 光の公子,  the descendant of Baldr himself, and the heir to the Holy Sword, Tyrfing, Seliph. I'll spare a college-level essay describing how much I love this character, so I will give a short summary instead. Seliph is not only a character with numerous virtues and amazing qualities, but also a character who faces numerable hardships throughout the game that only add to his backstory and personality. Having to fight the entire empire of Grannvale along with numerous other lands allied with it is a task that has many similar iterations throughout the series, but I, personally, love the story that FE4 presents more than any other.

Not only that, my boi has NO alts. For the sake of Jugdral, Grannvale, and all of the poor citizens under the oppression of the Loptyrian Cult, I call upon all of the FE4 fans out there! Get this man into Heroes!

Regardless of the outcome, however, I am excited to see who everyone votes for in the final result! Best of luck to all of the characters in the current running!

OG_Seliph.jpg

Threw another vote for Rodrigue. Need to support the good dads in the series. (I also voted for Arvis who's a good dad but not a good guy concerning other matters...)

1 hour ago, Namero said:

It is turning out just as I feared... instead of a "choose your legends" banner, we are going to end up with a "choose your house" banner! lol

These results feel like a mix of recency bias and people eagerly wanting certain characters in that would have likely been in soon, anyway. I'm willing to bet a lot of characters like Lysithea and Dorathea are already planned and likely to be on the next Three Houses banner or two well before the next CYL banner arrives.

I've heard this argument before and I find it a little unusual. All of the top voted characters of every CYL (minus Veronica, and Lysithea if she maintains her ranking) are already in the game so it is the intention by those fans to get an additional alt of their favorite, not to vote a character into the game who would be unlikely to get in otherwise. It's not wrong to want a special outfit for a character, whether they're going to get the default design added later or not.

Well I went ahead and threw today's vote at Eirika. Throwing multiple votes at the same character always makes me feel a bit dirty. given that this isn't the first time I rallied behind her after seeing the premature rankings, it seems that for Eirika I am willing to get my hands dirty. Though my morals won't let me cross into multi-account territory. That one is a hard line. And whenever I hear someone breaking it my hands instinctively start to curl into fists. That is another thing I would try to stamp down on if I were in charge of the CYL.

i'm so sorry i won't be able to help Eirika and Marth overtaking Lysi and Claude, but i feel like keeping on supporting Rhea, i think she just doesn't deserve to be so cast aside compared to other 3H main characters

also, i'm so curious to see

Spoiler

how high Seiros is placed, and combine their votes to see how many positions they would've gained this way

nothing against Claude, but I just wouldn't appreciate a Brave Houses banner

best of luck to all Eirika and Marth supporters!

40 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i'm so sorry i won't be able to help Eirika and Marth overtaking Lysi and Claude, but i feel like keeping on supporting Rhea, i think she just doesn't deserve to be so cast aside compared to other 3H main characters

also, i'm so curious to see

Hide contents

how high Seiros is placed, and combine their votes to see how many positions they would've gained this way

nothing against Claude, but I just wouldn't appreciate a Brave Houses banner

best of luck to all Eirika and Marth supporters!

I mean, an Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude/Rhea banner would be a dream come true for me. Time to go to every library within 50 miles and vote on all their computers to make Rhea jump 17 ranks.

Edited by NekoKnight

50 minutes ago, Usana said:

Well I went ahead and threw today's vote at Eirika. Throwing multiple votes at the same character always makes me feel a bit dirty. given that this isn't the first time I rallied behind her after seeing the premature rankings, it seems that for Eirika I am willing to get my hands dirty

Thank you so much!!

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

. Maybe all the CYL winners should be duo heroes, and 1st is paired with 3rd, 2nd with 4th.

Ooh, that would be interesting! Specifically if they paired 1st&2nd, then 3rd&4th. After all, El and Lysithea already have good chemistry together, as do the male Lords.

5 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

actually have put in a vote for Eirika already. I'll see if I can add in a second for her, I legit was convinced to throw her one off of just that Twitter post you linked to - holy cow that girl has SASS

Yes!! Thank you so much!! And yes she does!! 😄

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Tally up another one for Eirika!

Yay!!!

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Next vote's going to Eirika

Thank you so much for choosing to vote for her!!

4 hours ago, Ranulfo said:

'm not sure if she can actually make a comeback with all the current three houses waifu hype, but I'm gonna be voting for Eirika. I would normally just keep voting my obscure choices but I've seen so much rallying for her i just gotta help out a bit

She absolutely can!! Thank you so so much!!

@Yexin Thanks for the support! ❤️

Edited by DefyingFates

@eclipse? I was away from this forum for a quite a while so I did not know the details. I don’t recall myself “complaining” about Camilla in particular but whatever floats your boat. No need for your “not-too-subtle” hint thing on caps and bold letters, no less. Goodness gracious. If you have any particular problems with me, feel free to do so via Private Message. 

Back to topic, if this ends up all 3H, it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll handle made-up weapons this time around. They could always make them all daggers or bows now that we have colored variants. 

Well, although I don't expect Claude to drop from P2 (his being pushed harder now than before mid-term results), I must change my votes to Chrom. I think this is the first time he has real chances to take P2 from what I'm reading. And I'd rather prefer Brave Chrom than Pantless Marth. That outfit is just...meh. I'd enough with how they ruined Brave Alm with the dong armor (plus being an infantry sword with Falchion) when they could have referenced either Rudolf, Mycen or even used an armor sharing the coulour scheme from Celica's Echoes outfit.