Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

5 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Still putting votes for FByleth I guess, I'd rather see her or Eirika with Edel over Lysithea/Bernadetta, since those 2 are almost guaranteed to be on a 3H banner later regardless. I do wonder if they would've fallen to where Hilda is if they already existed in FEH before the voting.

I'd also shamelessly be interested in what insane way a Brave Byleth would be able to top the effects of our current Creator Sword in ridiculousness.

Brave Byleth will probably be a reference to Jeralt, IMO, which would be cool

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Voted for Tomas/Sedgar as obscure picks, and Marth because I think he deserves a CYL win (though I'm not going to complain if the two 3H guys get theirs, even if I don't like Dimitri), will most likely vote for Stefan/Midir/Frost (by request).  I, uh, have a thing for green-haired anime guys, and I can't figure out why!

Much as I want Eirika to win, I feel like throwing all my votes that way will betray the core of why I vote in CYL - to see some of my favorites in the game~!

Oh Tomas is definitely a very interesting pick, I'd love to see how they depict him. And I definitely thought about the wolf guard too! Yeah you should definitely vote for your favorites until they make it in. 2019 has definitely shown IS cares a lot about these rankings when it comes to adding characters so it just makes sense your faves first and the ones getting special costumes second. And I can relate to having a thing for green haired boys (and girls), but thankfully most of my green guys and gals have been added, even if some just as alts... I'll throw a vote for Tomas from my partner's computer~

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Good job, you’ve just provided credence to my suggestion that the lot who vote for that type of character really are just shallow and have no sense of loyalty.

Was this really necessary?

36 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

Oh Tomas is definitely a very interesting pick, I'd love to see how they depict him. And I definitely thought about the wolf guard too! Yeah you should definitely vote for your favorites until they make it in. 2019 has definitely shown IS cares a lot about these rankings when it comes to adding characters so it just makes sense your faves first and the ones getting special costumes second. And I can relate to having a thing for green haired boys (and girls), but thankfully most of my green guys and gals have been added, even if some just as alts... I'll throw a vote for Tomas from my partner's computer~

Thank you!  Maybe next year, if there isn't so many candidates, I can throw a vote towards Ryan.

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Complacency is exactly how Marth lost last year, everybody's already rallying against a CYL 3H Banner. Dimitri fans better not slack on voting for him because of that kind of mentality

Just for that, I'll log onto a separate computer and cast votes anonymously 

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Loki does not make your lewd dreams come true though, unlike Sugar Plums.

Sugar Plums is also a DANCER/SINGER which is like TOTALLY AWESOME!!! She is no Azura: Vallite Songstress, but as a Dancer/Singer, she is still a cut above everyone else, and I would argue she is the second strongest Dancer/Singer right after VS!Azura. She is also red, which is a good and bad thing. Good thing is that players who already have a team built around red support units can simply swap the red unit out with Plumeria. Bad thing is also that she is red, so if you built a team with green support units with red combat units, it is kind of a bad idea to go red heavy on your team if the green support unit was your only green unit.

Loki is not bad, but I think she is a bit dated with Bridal Belonging Fjorm having a debuff that is stronger in my opinion, since it is a debuff that you cannot Dance/Sing off.

Interesting... I am curious to what Sugar Plums would be in a Brave Alt. Maybe Queen of Fairies alt?

I wonder if she would keep her Prf Dancing skill, like how they gave Sacrifice to Micaiah, or they will give her a new one.

I like most of the OCs, if not all of them, and I was pretty happy when Veronica won in CYL 2. I would like to have another OC winning again in a future CYL.

19 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfeIED_-VHs

''And don't forget, the Blue Lions walk the true path of justice'' 

Your post doesn't seem very Blue Lions to me! 😅

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I forgot that Orochi existed. Whose vote should I swap out? Annette is our girl, I like Duessel and more bearded men in Heroes would be nice, and it could be interesting for them to reference to Soan more with CYL Stefan.

24 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

If you're going do that be sure not to use the same internet connection because I'm sure Nintendo would know.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfeIED_-VHs

''And don't forget, the Blue Lions walk the true path of justice'' 

Your post doesn't seem very Blue Lions to me! 😅

I may be a Blue Lion...but I'm also a Slytherin. Make of that what you will. Point is, I will have Brave Dimitri, and I will get him free so I can keep saving for +10'ing his base form.

@Strullemia One's on mobile data, the other is actually wifi. It'll have to do.

Edited by silverserpent

...So after checking, apparently I picked Selena, not Eirika, on NNID2’s first vote. Threw in an additional anonymous vote for her to fix that, my bad. Also, after sleeping on it, I decided to throw today’s one on Bernadetta - though I would probably be about as comfortable in her shoes as Ana, the irony is too funny to pass up.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Good job, you’ve just provided credence to my suggestion that the lot who vote for that type of character really are just shallow and have no sense of loyalty.

Don't generalize. I still voted for Loki since she's still my favorite Heroes OC and was the highest ranking last time of my favorites behind Camilla. Couldn't care less about who's better unit-wise or whatnot to affect my vote (Plumeria's okay, but don't like her nearly as much. I even like Triandra more of the fairies). I guess I may have to switch votes to Plumeria anyway now, since she's the only one in the top 10 I'd have any urge to see win as this CYL will be a bust for me with just 3H winners.

56 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Interesting... I am curious to what Sugar Plums would be in a Brave Alt. Maybe Queen of Fairies alt?

I wonder if she would keep her Prf Dancing skill, like how they gave Sacrifice to Micaiah, or they will give her a new one.

I like most of the OCs, if not all of them, and I was pretty happy when Veronica won in CYL 2. I would like to have another OC winning again in a future CYL.

She will be the new Fairy Queen of Sadism rewarding filthy Kirans to lick her feet.

I want a new Dance skill that is even more broken (all enemies in 4 spaces get all stats -6), but they will probably just keep Sweet Dreams though since it is already really powerful with all stats -4 on the closest enemies.

I think it might be better if they improve Flower of Plenty instead and make a new Weapon that does something like all stats +3 within 3 columns or 3 rows. Right now, only within 3 columns feels too restrictive in my opinion since it means that it does not work on certain Arena and PvE maps.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

....No, it was not. My apologies @XRay for taking my snark a bit too far.

It is okay. I do not think it is only a matter of loyalty. There is also a lot of game play consideration involved for many voters like me. Not everyone cares about who their units are or what they look like. While I do prefer waifus, I have no problem benching them in favor of OP husbandos like Reinhardt.

For example, if I voted for Anna and she won, I would be pretty disappointed if she turned out like Arrival of the Brave Celica or Brave Echoes Micaiah, who are simply not very viable (sword infantry) or got glaring weaknesses in their builds (BE!Miaciah is in heavy competition with Aversa as a support unit, and she has issues with combat sustainability due to Yune's Whisper being incompatible with Desperation since they share the same slot). If my favorite character probably is not going to be treated right, I might as well vote for someone else that I also like who have a really strong game play potential.

They cannot really fuck up Dancers/Singers. Even the most pathetic Dancer/Singer can be made to be super good support units with Wings of Mercy and Tactics buffs. For Azura and the fairies, I cannot imagine them making those Dancers/Singers worse. And since those are the strongest of all Dancers/Singers, their Brave versions has to be even more broken, or at least I hope so. Like, even though BE!Micaiah is not as strong as I want her to be, she is still leagues better than Micaiah by having better mobility, debuff support, and better combat performance.

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Complacency is exactly how Marth lost last year, 

I know, but at worst Dimitri will fall to second place. No way is the Savior King falling any further than that!

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Eirika is one of my favorites, so I really want her to have a chance! Well, let's hope for the best, then!

Yes!! Thank you so so much! And let's!

5 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I'm not sure i'll be voting for Eirika this go around

Please don't give up on her! She's so close! I know how you must be feeling, but please!

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Much as I want Eirika to win,

As I said before; please don't give up on her! She really is incredibly close! I know why you vote, but please don't give up on her!!

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

...So after checking, apparently I picked Selena, not Eirika, on NNID2’s first vote. Threw in an additional anonymous vote for her to fix that, my bad

Yay!! I hope you vote for Eirika more too!! :3

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

I want a new Dance skill that is even more broken (all enemies in 4 spaces get all stats -6), but they will probably just keep Sweet Dreams though since it is already really powerful with all stats -4 on the closest enemies.

It will change from  "inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on nearest foes within 4 spaces" to "inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on all foes within 4 spaces".

Just now, DefyingFates said:

I know, but at worst Dimitri will fall to second place. No way is the Savior King falling any further than that!

At worst he is falling out of the Top 2 and getting nothing because of overconfidence. I don't know how the worst timeline of CYL 3 Marth can happen last year and people still think they're safe. Nothing is guaranteed, especially when he's being rallied against right now~

Just now, Landmaster said:

At worst he is falling out of the Top 2 and getting nothing because of overconfidence. I don't know how the worst timeline of CYL 3 Marth can happen last year and people still think they're safe. Nothing is guaranteed, especially when he's being rallied against right now~

Marth only fell by one place, which is why I think Dimitri's safe. I already think the three Lords are locked in because of who they are, but even if Marth does get a huge rally, Claude's the one he'll be going up against, not Dimitri.

At least, that's what I think 🙂

Yeah, I'm still going to give Claude one more vote because I don't want him to fall out of the top two. Claude's too awesome. :3 Also, this would kinda make up for IS stupidly passing up on making reindeer Claude for Christmas. Claude is practically asking for a seasonal alt at some point too imo, it's totally in his character.

I want Sylvain to get as high as he can too and that's why I'm also giving him a second vote.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Please don't give up on her! She's so close! I know how you must be feeling, but please!

well honestly, i was fully prepared to give Eirika my three women's votes, and then vote for my alt/not in the game person like always. but there has been way too much "Rally against Choose Your Houses!!" for my liking. We were never given the numbers - just who was 1 through 5 on each side so for all we know DImitri is only 1st by say a few 100 votes or so. Now i won't mind if he dropped. (arguably that would actually be better for him for the most part the #2 place winner is hands down the better unit and a bit more flexibility) - but if he were to say drop (or miss out completely, at least i can say well i voted for him rather than splitting my votes this year. (like i did w/Micaiah/Alm which was a perfect situation for me). 

honestly if it wasn't this anti-Choose Your House sentiment, i would probably have been comfortable giving Eirika my vote. but i'm not now.  it's just the way this cookie crumbled. 

I also would have liked to give my votes to different characters (Bern, Ashe, Female Byleth)

But I also know there will be a push for Claude and Marth here, so not voting for Dimitri and risking him falling out of the top 2 is not something I will be doing.

Still haven't played Three Houses, but don't mind them winning.  I'll continue to do one vote a piece to units I know and want in.  Plumeria, Triandra, Sara (FE5), Nasir (PoR) so far.  Likely last 3 votes will be Arion (FE4), Erinys (FE4), Oifeye (FE4).  Wondering if I should vote for one of those god like characters (Anri, crusaders, Soan) maybe Raphael or Sephiran, etc.  Not enough votes.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Still haven't played Three Houses, but don't mind them winning.  I'll continue to do one vote a piece to units I know and want in.  Plumeria, Triandra, Sara (FE5), Nasir (PoR) so far.  Likely last 3 votes will be Arion (FE4), Erinys (FE4), Oifeye (FE4).  Wondering if I should vote for one of those god like characters (Anri, crusaders, Soan) maybe Raphael or Sephiran, etc.  Not enough votes.

You should consider lending a vote for Patty 😛

I know people are blaming Choose Your Houses on recency bias, but all the other lords I care about already won (Ike, Lyn, Lucina in 1; Eliwood and Micaiah in 3), and the non-lords I like have no chance of getting a brave alt (or even getting in the game now that Farfetched is dead). So all my votes are going to Dimitri, Edelgard, and Claude.

I, uh, also want to enjoy the salt if Marth misses out on the top two for the fourth year. I know, I'm evil.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Thank you!  Maybe next year, if there isn't so many candidates, I can throw a vote towards Ryan.

Now that I think about it, we are running out of lords who have been consistently supported. Maybe next year we might be seeing Brave Heroes of characters less relevant to the story