Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

9 hours ago, Gordin said:

Day 1: Kieran

Day 2: Kieran

Day 3: Kieran

Day 4: Kieran

Day 5: Kieran

Gee I wonder what I'll pick tomorrow xD

All signs point to Sully.  😛

---

Methinks there's a server hiccup, which is why some people are seeing D6 a little early.  Hopefully it gets resolved before someone figures out how to exploit it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Methinks there's a server hiccup, which is why some people are seeing D6 a little early.  Hopefully it gets resolved before someone figures out how to exploit it.

I've actually been getting this every single day so far on my phone, but tapping the button does nothing and refreshing the page makes it go away.

From a web developer perspective, it's probably a JavaScript issue with the page displaying the wrong image (which is a client issue, and not a server issue).

Edited by Ice Dragon

13 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Doing my part to give tribalism the middle finger:

1708860073_ScreenShot2020-01-26at12_52_08PM.png.5a5e33f55d78723071010111424b6dc5.png

Probably just gonna throw the last two votes to Edelgard and Dimitri again, I refuse to be complacent.

That sounds like a good idea, after all, the fact mid term started earlier makes the results more volatile.

28 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

1708860073_ScreenShot2020-01-26at12_52_08PM.png.5a5e33f55d78723071010111424b6dc5.png

Probably just gonna throw the last two votes to Edelgard and Dimitri again, I refuse to be complacent.

Indeed. Whoever wants those to win, the biggest mistake is celebrating early. I see Claude and Lysithea particularly in danger for it

30 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Thank you kind human for supporting Edelard, rememeber the empire needs you.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've actually been getting this every single day so far on my phone, but tapping the button does nothing and refreshing the page makes it go away.

From a web developer perspective, it's probably a JavaScript issue with the page displaying the wrong image (which is a client issue, and not a server issue).

Honestly, that's on Nintendo to fix.  I have no idea why you feel the need to be pedantic about this.  If there's a place to report bugs, this would be a good one.  Haven't had this issue on desktop.

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

But this is still tribalism because there is no support for the Golden Deer, the Church of Seiros or TWSITD. 

Even though she's not in the Top 20, how can I leave out my favorite cinnamon roll, Elise from Fire Emblem Fates?! 🥰Elise has a very close love and respect for Camilla (just read their supports), so Brave Elise would be a magical girl wyvern rider, just like her big sister. I even came up with a title: Brave Beauty.

112034.png

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Punctuation

Vote no. 6 just went to Eirika!

I REALLY hope Eirika wins this year so that next year I can vote for the people still not in FEH. 

Vote. no 7's gonna go to Nealuchi, unless something changes within the next 24 hours.

Three votes for Caeda (Shadow Dragon) and three votes for Caeda (New Mystery) have been placed successfully. I’m not sure what I want to do with my seventh, though. Maybe I’ll go back through those top 20 lists and choose someone I like that actually has a chance of placing.

3 hours ago, Ginko said:

After the midterm results, I will support Claude and secure his spot for 2nd place.

I'm curious about final results. Edelgard or Dimitri , who will get more votes?

Meh, I don’t care. I’ll see Brave Dimitri and Brave Eldie regardless, that’s what really excites me. Who’s in a tight pot most likely is Claude. I mean, Marth’s fans won’t be exactly just laying around for him to lose a fourth year without a fight

about the females, I’m not expecting Eldie to lose, despite her haters, but it’s clear she has more supporters. Lysithea is the unexpected dark horse here, being the first not story relevant character to ever get in a winning position, with Silly Bernie just behind. I don’t mind Lysithea. I’m not particularly fond of her as a character, but she’s a monster in the battlefield, but I have a soft spot for Silly Bernie, and I hope she wins instead ☺️

Man, the Twitter cues are getting a lot harder to read. When they released the midterm results, I saw a lot of support for Eirika and Marianne, and Marth and Seliph. Now, though, I'm seeing a lot less Marianne posts, and a TON of Seliph posts. Claude and Marth are about the same, and of course I'm seeing lots of Edelgard and Dimitri support.

5 hours ago, Icelerate said:

But this is still tribalism because there is no support for the Golden Deer, the Church of Seiros or TWSITD

Ah yes, The World Still In The Divide. Not as well-known as The World Ends With You, but still a great place.

Also excuse me...excuse me...I can vote for Pheros in the #FE section, but not the Awakening section. Someone explain this to me. EXPLAIN
I CAN LITERALLY VOTE FOR EXCELLUS AND NOT PHEROS
WHO THE FLIP DESIGNED THIS OPTIONS LIST AND WHY

That's it, let's go Priam.

You all have until I wake up tomorrow to attempt to convince me to use NNID2's vote on your character, otherwise we're tossing Eirika another one.

Edited by SoulWeaver

23 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Honestly would suggest +10ing a Legendary if you're at all competitive. He'll be good for Arena Scoring himself if he's Infantry and you can use him for bonus scoring in his Season~ I'd think he'd be easier to pull for since Legendary Banners have higher rates and rotate every few months~

Yeah I wish Dedue was a bit higher, best boy is still the only retainer not in the game yet~

Any tips on pulling for Legendaries in general then? I'm never sure if I should be color sniping and ensuring that I get the best odds possible for my color of choice at the expense of more orbs, or full pull as much as I can to build up the pity meter and save on orbs at the expense of getting other colors and, well, 'wasting' orbs. My luck can be very good or bad depending on the banner (lately its just been bad in general), but I suppose if I attempt this for one character at least it would be for him.

23 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i tried for Bylass but i got Siegbert'ed. (I was saving for Myrrh at the time.  - so that's what happened with Petra). and yeah - she'll be such a help in some modes. 
I've got everyone now  but those two. (I kinda want to get all 3H units. but i mean it will be sooo difficult, esp. if some get broken (and some... (lookin' at you Hubert) i don't really care about at all but at least it's a tick in the collection box. the minute i saw the Null Banner i knew Hilda would be on it, and i got her (neutral to boot!!) and both my claudes were Random (both 3% pulls, 1 via Myrrh hurting, and 1 on a free pull). Edelgard seems to loovveeee me.  and Mercie is coming along but no perfect iv yet. 

I was thinking that the other day actually if they had fallen - would Dimitri qualify. he's not possessed, or actually evil. just..a very broken and traumatized guy. 

honestly i'm gonna take it via the calendar. i'm actually changing my feb plans a bit (I had planned to go full throttle on Julia/Azura/Sothis merges but i'm probably not going to do that to give myself a bigger head start on CYL. 

Considering that I don't believe that Hardin is possessed or overtly evil (at least not before the negative emotions and events that lead to his fall) and he was one of the first Fallen units we got, I'd say that Dimitri qualifies. I agree of course that he is neither of the above, but you could argue that the ghosts he perceives, whether real or not, along with his deep seated trauma related issues would cause him to act as if possessed by vengeance for the dead or commit morally grey actions (which is something many characters perceive and comment on), if not exactly evil (I'd argue that none of the Fallen units we have had are straight evil anyways, just mostly possessed in some way or negatively disposed due to circumstances and not inherently by choice). Regardless of how he ended up that way, feral Dimitri is kind of a well known part of his story even if its not his end point in his journey or the most important part of his overall character, so I'd be surprised if IS didn't in some way work that aspect into an alt at some point down the line; and what better way than a Fallen alt? Bonus points if he's released alongside Hegemon Edelgard who is also a Fallen Hero, since that is arguably her lowest moment to match his own. But I digress.

On that note, I grant another vote to my King. However they decide to portray his brave alt, I do hope he is happy and at peace with himself, since even his OG academy self is clearly still suffering alone. :<

Edited by Silver Lightning