Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

Either way her or Lysithea coming in 2nd place atleast adds a non-lord character to CYL for the first time which is cool to me.

Camilla and Veronica are non-lord characters as well, but they are important for the story of their games, while Lysithea and Bernie are not important for Three Houses' story.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

My final vote and ballot. Let it not be said that I am not devoted to the character who is easily in the running for my favorite character in the series. I probably wont spend all 7 votes on the same person again like this, but holy crap Dimitri deserved all of them. Here's hoping there's nothing to worry about and my boy wins, and wins at first place!

Screenshot_20200128-015130_Samsung Internet.jpg

For our beloved! 

(and I am with you). I used work computers to do my other votes (Patty, Triandra, FByleth, etc ) but for the one that counts. it was Dimitri. 
Honestly, from what i'm gathering on reddit and other places - a lot of people are worried about what happened with marth and the complacency so a lot of people weren't splitting up votes like they generally do.  

now we wait and see what happens. 
(I am expecting a Golden Week 3H bonaza so i have to be ready for that - (and the dancer banner in the summer) - but my orbs will totally be gridlocked for Dimitri come CYL time, ideally i can get enough that finishing him off in Legendary and a CYL Hero Fest would be easy as pie). 

44 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Can you explain it for me, because I am still fail to recognize her importance to 3H's plot... no joking, maybe I missed something. lol

She reveals her backstory in the main plot since it involves the Slitherers. That is about the extent of it as far as I can remember.

This also incidentally causes her A support with Byleth to be plot locked on Verdant Wind, but only Verdant Wind.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

She reveals her backstory in the main plot since it involves the Slitherers. That is about the extent of it as far as I can remember.

This also incidentally causes her A support with Byleth to be plot locked on Verdant Wind, but only Verdant Wind.

But her backstory doesn't change the main story of the game. If you remove Lysithea, the plot continues without her and without changes. She is not like Hubert or Dedue, that is involved somehow with the plot.

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The results were leaked last time because IS uploaded images of the winners to their site before making them public. Does anyone remember how far in advance they did that?

If I am not wrong (but it was one year ago, so my mind may trick me about it) I believe it was the day before the announcement... I don't remember being more time that that.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

But her backstory doesn't change the main story of the game. If you remove Lysithea, the plot continues without her and without changes. She is not like Hubert or Dedue, that is involved somehow with the plot.

I know, but apparently the game itself thought it was important enough to plot lock one of her supports. It really doesn’t have any bearing on anything other than bringing attention to the Slitherers.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'd argue Lysithea is relevant to VW's though (and SS to an extent).

IMO she's more relevant to CF.

Spoiler

One character per main lord route will join up post-timeskip under certain circumstances.  Lysithea is the sole exception - in CF, you don't need to recruit her in the school phase for her to join during the war.  This is markedly different from the other two.

If you talk to her after you get back to school, she'll explain herself.  Technically not relevant to the overall plot, but makes CF better in general.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I know, but apparently the game itself thought it was important enough to plot lock one of her supports. It really doesn’t have any bearing on anything other than bringing attention to the Slitherers.

Yeah, because the Slitherers needed more attention and screentime... especially in the Crimson Flower route.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe it was the day before the announcement... I don't remember being more time that that.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I just got confused because some people were saying it got leaked a few hours after voting ended...

Plumeria, Triandra, Sara (FE5), Nasir (FE9,10), Erinys (FE4), Arion (FE4), Oifeye (FE4).

If Trabant had Gungnir I wouldn't have given a vote to Arion (though I like the character still).  

In the end I gave all of my vote to "Crimean Royal Knight, Fifth Platoon Captain Kieran! See him and tremble!"

Now to hope he gets in the game soon as 5* exclusive and I can finally use my 3000+ orbs saved up for him. Please for the love of everything holy don't make him a 3*, demote or even worse, GHB IS 😂

Screenshot_20200128-195736_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Why does everyone seem to forget Veronica and Camilla? I see this happen all the time on Reddit and Twitter, it's bizarre xD

I'm obviously gunning for Eirika to pull an upset, but it'd be nice for Marth to get his chance too~

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Camilla and Veronica are non-lord characters as well, but they are important for the story of their games, while Lysithea and Bernie are not important for Three Houses' story.

You guys are right. I can't even say non-royalty either. She just seems so out of place.

Edited by LoneStar

24 minutes ago, Shimmerfang said:

My original plan was to alternate Eirika and Dimitri, but when I saw the midterm, I realized that Eirika needed the help more. image.thumb.png.8eb6cb3266aadd35ffee29328a4b0117.png

Yes!! Thank you sooooo much!! May I ask why you voted for Dimitri on Day 6? Did you want to vote for him or was that a misclick?