Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

1 hour ago, Gordin said:

In the end I gave all of my vote to "Crimean Royal Knight, Fifth Platoon Captain Kieran! See him and tremble!"

Now to hope he gets in the game soon as 5* exclusive and I can finally use my 3000+ orbs saved up for him. Please for the love of everything holy don't make him a 3*, demote or even worse, GHB IS 😂

Screenshot_20200128-195736_Chrome.jpg

Happy, Sad, Happy, Happy, Sad, Sad, Sad.

It's been an emotional roller coaster.

Edited by NekoKnight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, now that I think about it, Kieran kinda did get a little more serious in RD. I don't think he exhibited quite as much of his PoR shenanigans. Becoming the deputy commander of the Royal Knights made him focus more and get wiser I guess. XD

54 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Because the 1-1-3-1-1 symmetry is pleasing perhaps? 😛

Good point!

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Forgot to vote on this the final day. Civ 6 has been too addicting for me. Oh well, not like my picks mattered. Though I'd have gone for something like Rafiel, Pelleas, Forde, and someone else, maybe Knoll.

You still have two hours left as of my posting this comment (voting ends at 3am UTC), so you still have a chance!

I'm glad you like FE8 so much too! But that means I also have to ask if you'd be willing to give your vote to Eirika. She's so close to winning and finally reuniting with her brother!! I know Forde for one would be happy for both of them~! :3

If I had to make a prediction about the results, I would say that I can see Berndetta maybe taking Lysithea's spot, but I can see female Byleth or Eirika having a chance themselves as well.

I think the boys side is more messy this round, which was the opposite of how it was last round I believe. The fight for the 2nd spot between Chrom, Marth, and Claude can't have been pretty, even Dimitri isn't safe.

I wish the top 3 on each side would win, I feel like only two girls and two boys is too little considering how big of a cast this series has. 

Edited by Ashe02

18 minutes ago, Ashe02 said:

Eirika having a chance themselves as well.

:'D

19 minutes ago, Ashe02 said:

wish the top 3 on each side would win, I feel like only two girls and two boys is too little considering how big of a cast this series has. 

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact a part of me is thinking what'd happen if enough people appealed to IS about this, since they've been receptive to feedback and backlashes before.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yes!! Thank you sooooo much!! May I ask why you voted for Dimitri on Day 6? Did you want to vote for him or was that a misclick?

No, it was just that I didn't wanna completely abandon my boy. SO I gave him a second vote. That's all really. 

4 minutes ago, Shimmerfang said:

No, it was just that I didn't wanna completely abandon my boy. SO I gave him a second vote. That's all really. 

That's fair, thanks for answering!

And now we wait.

...at least until someone datamines the site.

Yes please to infantry Dimi; I don't want anymore lance horses!

But I suppose I wouldn't be against a flying Dimi either, as long as his Legendary or some version of his is infantry. Brave alts can be the creative versions at times.

.......I'm just gonna be sitting over here on pins and needles waiting for the results. I want to believe that he will win, and somewhere in my heart of hearts I can feel it, but I'll never be sure until I see the numbers......this is gonna be a long wait isn't it? DX

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Long as he's a Holy Knight on his feet, I can deal~

The last combat lance infantry we got was Desert Mercenaries Ephraim, and the one before that was Shiro?

On the other hand, we got like a shit ton of lance cavalry and fliers.

10 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Long as he's a Holy Knight on his feet, I can deal~

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

on his feet

with a lance. 

moves two spaces

that's all.

3 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

But I suppose I wouldn't be against a flying Dimi either, as long as his Legendary or some version of his is infantry. Brave alts can be the creative versions at times.

.......I'm just gonna be sitting over here on pins and needles waiting for the results. I want to believe that he will win, and somewhere in my heart of hearts I can feel it, but I'll never be sure until I see the numbers......this is gonna be a long wait isn't it? DX

I thought you guys are Dimitri fans. He is the king of Faerghus and he is going to be a BRAVE Hero, he cannot be walking around like plebeians.

I propose the C skill: Mount.
At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to unit and unit can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.)

Edelgard does not need a pony though cause she is not weak!

44 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Holy Knight Dimitri, please and thanks.

They can always base him on Loog and actually give him a griffon. 

As for Bernie, full Countess look or having her raid Byleth’s closet. 

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

The last combat lance infantry we got was Desert Mercenaries Ephraim, and the one before that was Shiro?

Does Dancer Berkut not count? If not, he probably should given that his stat total is higher than any of the Gen 1 infantry lances (except Donnel) despite the dancer penalty.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Does Dancer Berkut not count? If not, he probably should given that his stat total is higher than any of the Gen 1 infantry lances (except Donnel) despite the dancer penalty.

I guess he can count and he does have better stats than Shiro and a better stat distribution. But he is also a Dancer though, so I am not sure if people are willing to give up his Dancer utility for combat performance.

26 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

Flying, I can handle, I guess~ But that Legendary better be Infantry 

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

On the other hand, we got like a shit ton of lance cavalry and fliers.

I thought you guys are Dimitri fans. He is the king of Faerghus and he is going to be a BRAVE Hero, he cannot be walking around like plebeians.

I propose the C skill: Mount.
At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to unit and unit can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack.)

Edelgard does not need a pony though cause she is not weak!

Dancer Berkut was after Shiro, then Duo Eph~

Dimitri loves the plebs, he shall WALK beside his people

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Dancer Berkut was after Shiro, then Duo Eph~

Yeah, but I am not sure if there are many people who are going to run a combat build on a Dancer/Singer.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but I am not sure if there are many people who are going to run a combat build on a Dancer/Singer.

Just give him Wings of Mercy in the B slot and Quick Riposte as his Sacred Seal, and now you have a combat dancer.

I'm predicting that Dimitri and Edelgard managed to keep their first place spots, with Dimitri getting the most votes overall. I'm predicting that Marth overtook Claude and takes second, Claude gets third, and Seliph makes a surprise appearance at fourth, with Chrom slipping to fifth. On the female side of things, I'm predicting that Eirika was successfully rallied to second, and Bernadetta took third, with Lysithea surprisingly slipping to fourth, and Byleth fifth..

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just give him Wings of Mercy in the B slot and Quick Riposte as his Sacred Seal, and now you have a combat dancer.

You can do that, but his combat performance is still going to be suboptimal though compared to running a dedicated combat build.

Verdandi
Dance
Bonfire
Sturdy Stance
Wings of Mercy
(Any C)
Quick Riposte

Vanguard — Reprisal
Def Refinement
Swap — Reposition
Bonfire
Sturdy Stance
Lull Atk/Def
Atk Smoke — Time's Pulse
Quick Riposte

He is giving up a lot stuff running his exclusive Weapon and Wings of Mercy, and he is not going to support as well compared to Dancers/Singers running a more dedicated support build.

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Is me and @daisy jane not enough people?

Two is a pair. Three is a crowd

Edited by XRay

28 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm predicting that Dimitri and Edelgard managed to keep their first place spots, with Dimitri getting the most votes overall. I'm predicting that Marth overtook Claude and takes second, Claude gets third, and Seliph makes a surprise appearance at fourth, with Chrom slipping to fifth. On the female side of things, I'm predicting that Eirika was successfully rallied to second, and Bernadetta took third, with Lysithea surprisingly slipping to fourth, and Byleth fifth..

Don't say that, don't give me hope.

I reckon we'll get the results on Friday, since IS doesn't seem to work weekends.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I guess he can count and he does have better stats than Shiro and a better stat distribution. But he is also a Dancer though, so I am not sure if people are willing to give up his Dancer utility for combat performance.

I did. He supports Dancing Rinea (who dances and provides some nice defensive in-combat buffs), and he's actually an awesome EP DC-er. I gave him his lance from his first Heroes incarnation. Tanky and hits back hard. I usually use him to counter-kill blue and red mages and to act as a wall for incoming melee threats. He's good against basically anything, though, especially with Vantage.

Edit: He kills blue mages better than my green unit on his team (Boey) but I also feed all bow users to Boey and said green mage can also be an okay tank. Having Reposition on them both can also throw Alm pretty much all the way across a map when I have a dragon to kill.

Edited by Mercakete

7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I did. He supports Dancing Rinea (who dances and provides some nice defensive in-combat buffs), and he's actually an awesome EP DC-er. I gave him his lance from his first Heroes incarnation. Tanky and hits back hard. I usually use him to counter-kill blue and red mages and to act as a wall for incoming melee threats. He's good against basically anything, though, especially with Vantage.

I am not sure about tanking blue mages, although I guess it depends on the mode. For Aether Raids, I do not think ASS!Berkut is going to cut it for tanking nukes since it is difficult to get his Spd or visible Res up. I do not think he is suited for Counter-Vantage unless you bring heavy support with 1 or 2 AMH!Hectors, and Counter-Vantage does not work in Abyssal due to high bulk and frequent reinforcements.