Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

Well, I don't think IS will upload the anniversary Feh Channel after the anniversary, so Friday's a safe bet for that and the results always come out a day before or after it. In other words, we'll most likely get one of the two later today and the other tomorrow. The issue of course is when "today" and "tomorrow" are for certain timezones, since late Friday in America is early Saturday in Europe...

Edit: I was so sure we'd get something today...

Oh well, tomorrow it is then!

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

I am super happy that Edelgard is 1st and with the most votes I will be free pulling her regardless of whatever she is. Also nice that Dimitri is still 1st. Actually nothing changed in the top 5 of each section and it is going to be 3H full but they were still the most popular so it's OK. I just hoped Eirika is a bit higher. Looking forward to seeing Rhea's position

Spoiler
  1. Dimitri (69,448 votes)
  2. Claude (59,751 votes)
  3. Marth (44,107 votes)

It's sad that Marth got stomped so hard after midterm results with those difference.

Edited by Ginko

Honestly, I am fine with the results! I liked it. Now starts the "what type of unit they will be?"

I posted the Top 10 results in the spoiler box:

Spoiler

dQVHIzr.png

Sorry Marth, but I voted for Claude this year.

Lysithea in 2d makes me happy. I like her as a character, and love her as a unit.

Also, Eirika was not even close from 4th... Looks like to expect a Veronica situation was too much for her.

And my boy Ashe got above Sylvain... That's a win for me.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Spoiler

I love Dimitri, Claude, and Edelgard, and I like Lysithea, but god is it disappointing that they're all from Three Houses.

At least Marth came fourth overall.

Spoiler

I know this sounds really mean, but the more Marth loses, the funnier it gets.

And I guess these results are to be expected. Feel bad for Eirika, but I'm sure she will get it next year.

Not trying to rub it in but it feels like a bullet dodged because I would not have been happy with either of the third-place getters. Interesting how the male vote fell off a cliff after the third place though, whereas the female vote had a smoother curve. Umm, no pun intended.

Spoiler

I thought I'd have a greater reaction to this, but apparently not...

Anyway, I'm glad the 3H Lords won, but I still don't get how Lysithea got up there. I like her a lot, don't get me wrong, but is the Death Knight meme really that big a deal?

I've heard a number of people saying how disappointed they are with the turnout and I have to agree. I love the winners individually but all of them at once? Eh. I know we talked about it before, but part of me hopes they expand the roster to the top three just so that Marth can have his chance at least. Not looking forward to Eirika's odds next year, considering the women's side is always a bloodbath and we're bound to have new waifus (e.g. Hapi and Constance, Book 5 OCs) sprout up in the meantime (or existing ones shooting up now that these four are out of the running). Still voting for her though!

@Humanoid And yeah, the vote counts are pretty bizarre, huh? Also, Chrom beat Seliph by just two points, that's crazy! I wonder what would have happened if that had happened to the 2nd and 3rd placers?

@SuperNova125 All four winners are from the War Arc. IIRC the only Academy ones from the top ten are Bernadetta and Ashe.

Also, (SPOILERS for 3H):

Spoiler

I wonder if Rhea and Seiros' votes were being combined in secret, since IS would only have to admit it next year at which point they themselves would have probably spoiled that reveal somehow.

Also, someone's already made a thread about asking IS to add the 3rd place winners on Reddit, so...that's a thing, I guess.

Spoiler

First of all, nice to see Lysithea hold on to her spot. Glad to see she didn't get kicked out and that she has a decent amount of votes.

The craziest thing here is that I'm really surprised by the amount of votes Edelgard got...I mean WOW! I just figured that she'd have more than Claude but a lot less than Dimitri since she's a fairly controversial character but that didn't happen. She even has more than Dimitri, something I never expected.

@Humanoid

Spoiler

Halcyon is the person from SoV that makes Celica speak with Alm via something like telepathy, and the person who cared Conrad when he was young. Or at least I think he is.

Also,

Spoiler

Wow, Chrom got 4th by 2 votes. Wow, I feel important right now xD

Spoiler

@DefyingFatesthanks for the clarification as I thought that the women's winners were from the academy after seeing the original post. Now I am even more hyped about Brave Edelgard.

@Strullemia It is a bit surprising that she surpassed him but when you think about it Edelgard voters know that she is controversial and not as widely loved as Dimitri so perhaps they voted her with bigger devotion compared to Dimitri that some people might have had for granted. But this is just my speculation.

Edited by SuperNova125

Spoiler

Ophelia didn't drop below 200 like I feared! Hooray!
I can live with 156, but it's still kinda depressing, especially with Soleil climbing up to 39.

Macha at 432 oof......

I'll probably grab whichever alt I like the most since all of the characters themselves do appeal to me.

well, can't say i didn't expect this, but it's still really boring

honestly, though, i just don't care about this CYL, it was clear it wouldn't have appealed to me at all; what i DO care about is to see Rhea getting in the game, that's all i ask for