Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

Very happy with the results! I love all the 3H lords. Lysithea is a great character and if it couldn't be Eirika then I'm glad she held on. Marth just barely missing his chance is like tradition at this point. Wonder what will happen between now and CYL5? If no new game or remake is released, he may have a shot at finally winning next time. However, I wouldn't be surprised if a remake does come out before then.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Well that's really boring. I mean, its entirely possible that we were already going to get a War Arc banner with the three lords this year. Heck for all we know Lysithea could have been thrown onto that banner as well. Its entirely possible we'll basically get the same banner twice.

Spoiler

As always, a bit of a mixed bag, but I'm happy with a lot of the results, though Cynthia is in the low 300's and that kind of hurts my heart.

I hope they'll seize this chance to make the paralogue a bit more interesting. At least adjust the dialogue so they're not all summoned by the wishes of many and all that jazz.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:
  Hide contents

So, when can we stop calling Marth the face of the franchise? How many CYL events does he need to lose by a large margin before we just admit that he isn't that popular, even with the crowd that rallies him every year because he "deserves" it.

Was this necessary?

"Not that popular"? He basically came second in CYL 2 if you combined his votes, which IS should've done from the start, he reached top five in the first CYL if we combine both Ikes, and has been consistently top three ever since. Not popular my foot. If we're really going into the whole "face of the franchise" debate, then lets put it this way. He was first pick out of all FE characters for Smash, was chosen to represent FE in Dragalia Lost (the only others being FEH OCs), he has been present in both FE spin-offs, basically, he is like Pikachu. Yeah, there's more popular characters (Ike, Lyn and Lucina), but at the end of the day, he is probably the most recognised FE character.

1 minute ago, Lau said:

"Not that popular"? He basically came second in CYL 2 if you combined his votes, which IS should've done from the start, he reached top five in the first CYL if we combine both Ikes, and has been consistently top three ever since. Not popular my foot. If we're really going into the whole "face of the franchise" debate, then lets put it this way. He was first pick out of all FE characters for Smash, was chosen to represent FE in Dragalia Lost (the only others being FEH OCs), he has been present in both FE spin-offs, basically, he is like Pikachu. Yeah, there's more popular characters (Ike, Lyn and Lucina), but at the end of the day, he is probably the most recognised FE character.

I agree with you but I'm still happy Edelgard and Lysithea won

Marianne was in the Top 10!!!#Claude'sTrueWaifuandSleepDeprivedGirl

Also @Lau love your Your Name Avatar

So, how does everyone see themselves voting next year?

Spoiler

With Bernadetta in number 3, I think she's got a good shot next year, so I'll throw her a vote. If I vote for a male frontrunner, it'll probably be Sigurd or Robin. Otherwise, I think I'll primarily focus on characters I like and want to see added to the game.

Bastian, Nasir, Forde, and Zihark will definitely get 1 vote each.

Hapi, Lewyn, Linhardt, Marianne, and Pelleas are all strong candidates for remaining votes.

Spoiler

Just saw the CYL4 results. Annoying that it's all Three Houses characters, though I can't really say I'm surprised. I am at least glad that Lysithea got 2nd place in the Female Category instead of Bernadetta, cuz she is my favorite Three Houses character and I really like the idea of her and Edelgard getting Brave alts together. Right now, I'm just hoping Jill is still in the Top 20.

@Etheus Anyway to answer your question, if Jill gets added this year, then next year I'm focusing all of my votes on Patty if she isn't added by then.

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just saw the CYL4 results. Annoying that it's all Three Houses characters, though I can't really say I'm surprised. I am at least glad that Lysithea got 2nd place in the Female Category instead of Bernadetta, cuz she is my favorite Three Houses character and I really like the idea of her and Edelgard getting Brave alts together. Right now, I'm just hoping Jill is still in the Top 20.

@Etheus Anyway to answer your question, if Jill gets added this year, then next year I'm focusing all of my votes on Patty if she isn't added by then.

I'll keep Jill in mind. But honestly, I think this is her year.

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Jill is 14th in the list of Heroine characters and 24th overall.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'll keep Jill in mind. But honestly, I think this is her year.

1 minute ago, Strullemia said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Jill is 14th in the list of Heroine characters and 24th overall.

God I hope so. I am not waiting another year for her at this point.

Spoiler

I pretty happy with the results. I'm be jumping on my bed with joy if Rhea made it instead of Lysithea but I'll content myself with her being in the top 20 for females.

For the people saying "TH is probably already getting alts this year! What a waste!" You should keep in mind that even Camilla, the queen of alts herself, has not gotten more than 2 alts per year so it wouldn't be unusual for say Edelgard to get more than one. Lyn, Hector and Eliwood have also had years where they got 2 alts. Lastly, even if the TH characters got 2 alts this year, guess what, they're still behind characters like Marth and Eirika. Those two will get their chance next year, but in the meantime, they're well represented in the game already.

And on a different note, my boy Lyon has maintained his overall rank of 87! Hurrah! Now give him an alt already, you silly bastards.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:
  Hide contents

Rhea is 31 and Seiros 48 which is pretty good for them and hopefully they will get a good version this year. 

Also is Edelgard her academy version? Or did I misunderstand? 

Generally what versions got ahead? The war or Academy ones? 

Spoiler

I would expect Rhea and/or Seiros to be Mythics. We already have Lif, Hel is probably coming and I wouldn't be surprised if there were  a Book 4 OC coming this year as well. That would leave 3 more Mythic slots for her to show up.

Edited by NekoKnight

Spoiler

I am glad that Lysithea is 2nd! So I can +10 her this year! I am excited how her CYL alt will turn out..

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Not looking forward to Eirika's odds next year, considering the women's side is always a bloodbath and we're bound to have new waifus (e.g. Hapi and Constance, Book 5 OCs) sprout up in the meantime (or existing ones shooting up now that these four are out of the running). Still voting for her though!

I think next year Eirika will do it, except there is a new game. The three houses hype will have met its end at this point and majority of the students will be already in the game. Bernadetta would lost many votes, if she is in the game then, so there is one serious opponent gone.
 I am planning to vote for Eirika in CYL4 , she should stand a chance to get her deserved win. 

Spoiler

The only character I can tolerate of the winners is Lysithea. Eirika vote wise wasn't really that close even. I'm feeling sad about the results, but oh well. Depending on what happens in the franchise nextyear Eirika might have a shot.

Also, what did Nealuchi get?

Honestly really starting to hate recency bias. I know it’s not necessarily 3H’s fault but these results are a bit underwhelming to me. If this year is filled with nothing but 3H banners and no one complains just putting it out there that we’re all hypocrites.

Spoiler

Choose Your Three Houses, let’s go! I should probably start saving for the three lords soon. 

Jorge of all people making it to the top 20 is amusing. Marth being screwed over again is even more funny. Seriously, he wasn’t even close, and Eirika was even worse. Goes to show how small Serenes and Reddit are compared to the rest of the playerbase.

Disappointing results. Not really because of the winners, but because of their vote counts.

Spoiler

I expected Dimitri to have gotten the most votes of all, so I'm absolutely shocked he didn't. Claude having way fewer votes than either sucks too, he's the best of the three to me... Sylvain dropping a rank sucks too... Just...wow. I don't expect him to get in the game anytime soon now. Not when other Blue Lions males are apparently more liked. About the only good thing for me here is Claude still winning an alt.

14 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hide contents

Well this is definitely the most boring CYL to date. Variety is good; this is lame.

Oh well. Anyway, does anyone know how Brom placed?

Spoiler

He placed in rank 411 with 212 votes. 

15 minutes ago, Benice said:
  Hide contents

The only character I can tolerate of the winners is Lysithea. Eirika vote wise wasn't really that close even. I'm feeling sad about the results, but oh well. Depending on what happens in the franchise nextyear Eirika might have a shot.

Also, what did Nealuchi get?

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Wait where did Sothis place?

Spoiler

She placed rank 25 overall with 6967 votes, right below Jill. 

On 1/31/2020 at 6:59 AM, Icelerate said:
Spoiler

Youch. Well, it's two better than CYL 1. (Why did it have to be that number though?)

I feel like next year, Edelgard, Lysithea, Bernadetta and the other 3h lords are gonna each get about 90 alts each. I am slightly terrifièd, but it means that three houses un general may not do as well next year. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

At least Jill did well, maybe she'll finally get into FEH!

Edited by Benice

38 minutes ago, Morswo said:
  Hide contents

I am glad that Lysithea is 2nd! So I can +10 her this year! I am excited how her CYL alt will turn out..

I think next year Eirika will do it, except there is a new game. The three houses hype will have met its end at this point and majority of the students will be already in the game. Bernadetta would lost many votes, if she is in the game then, so there is one serious opponent gone.
 I am planning to vote for Eirika in CYL4 , she should stand a chance to get her deserved win. 

Spoiler

I hope so. And thank you so much for voting for her!

@Gregster101 @Fire Emblem Fan

Despite the argument earlier, the number of people upset at the 3H sweep is surprising. I really think if enough people voice their concerns IS will at least throw a Brave Marth onto that month's Legendary Banner as compensation or something, so that's definitely worth looking into if you - not just the people I mentioned - are bugged out by this. Just a thought.