Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

So, how does everyone see themselves voting next year?

Hide contents

I expect Bernie's ranking to nosedive down like Hilda did, since Bernie will probably get into the game by next year. This was her only chance imo (same for Lysithea), with the combination of recency bias and not in FEH in any form yet.
As for my own votes, I'll keep voting for FByleth, who will not suffer in the same way since she's already in the game and still scored so highly.

Edited by Azuni

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh, about where he normally ranks. He's above several very notable characters, though, albeit ones already in the game. So, that's encouraging.

If a non-sacred stones remake comes out, I'll toss a vote at Brom for you. If another new game comes out, Eirika would hardly stand a chance, so I'd vote for a few others also, although four votes would head out towards Eirika. I am very sad that she lost this year, especially since I'll have to vote for her again next year. Well, that's life. 

Im at work right now and I cant look at anything for too long, but are these official results? I dont want to start celebrating yet until I know; I've been burned by leaked unofficial results like these before...

Leaked but verifiable by inspecting the CYL site if you know what to look for - it's not just someone claiming these are the results without evidence.

Edited by Humanoid

12 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

Im at work right now and I cant look at anything for too long, but are these official results? I dont want to start celebrating yet until I know; I've been burned by leaked unofficial results like these before...

It's basically official. dinna fash, Sasseneach. 

Like many others I am disappointed at a Three Houses sweep. Even if there were just one person to break in, such as Marth having upset Claude or something I would have been much happier(despite Claude possibly being my favorite 3H lord). Though another funny would have been if it weren't divided into male/female. Then the ranking would have been, which would have been interesting. Though doing it that way may have made it boob fest for the previous CYL's(I don't actually remember what overall rankings looked like on the last 3,).

1 Edelgard 74617
2 Dimitri 69448
3 Claude 59751
4 Marth 44107

So not exciting for me, but I do like Lysithea so I'll hope she gets a neato one. Preferably something she wouldn't get otherwise like a Dancer Alt or something(yes I made her my dancer, just like Bernie will probably become a dancer on my Black Eagles playthrough. That is just the way I roll. Now who of the Blue Lions would be a good pick?).

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Gilbert did so terrible though. 120 votes and rank 481 for a playable Three Houses character is so awful. 

Spoiler

Well he does have a bit of a hatedom for being a horrible father to Annette. While I don't entirely agree he's irredeemable as a character I certainly won't disagree that he's a bit of a scumbag to a very lovable character. So I guess its to be expected. 

Well I will just wait and see the results for my favorites when they get officially put up.  I am interested in the male top 20 and also where Yashiro and Elffin placed.

Spoiler

As to the winners Dimitri will be my free pick hands down.  I am meh about the girls and while Claude is fun Dimitri is now my top favorite lord.  It went like I thought it would after seeing the midterms so that is fine.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:
  Hide contents

I hope so. And thank you so much for voting for her!

@Gregster101 @Fire Emblem Fan

Despite the argument earlier, the number of people upset at the 3H sweep is surprising. I really think if enough people voice their concerns IS will at least throw a Brave Marth onto that month's Legendary Banner as compensation or something, so that's definitely worth looking into if you - not just the people I mentioned - are bugged out by this. Just a thought.

Spoiler

God I hope not. I don't want a Brave Marth out of pity, or as compensation, and this is coming from someone who has voted for him four years on the trot now. I want him to win as fairly as possible. Besides, if IS did that, Marth would get more crap than he already does, and that's the last thing I want.

I'm not sure who I'm going to be voting for next year.

Sharena and Elincia are both top 100, but they're also girls in waifu-sim-emblem and are basically guaranteed a dedicated fan base keeping them there.

So if no new game comes out this year, I guess I'll just be voting for Alfonse, maybe tossing a pity vote for Eirika/Chrom/Seliph.

If Marth is 3rd again next year, we live in the meme-iest timeline. 

1 hour ago, Azuni said:
  Hide contents

I expect Bernie's ranking to nosedive down like Hilda did, since Bernie will probably get into the game by next year. This was her only chance imo (same for Lysithea), with the combination of recency bias and not in FEH in any form yet.
As for my own votes, I'll keep voting for FByleth, who will not suffer in the same way since she's already in the game and still scored so highly.

Spoiler

Maybe. But unless a remake or new game pushes new lords to the forefront, she has a chance.

I think I'll vote for my "no chance/please add me for the love of Naga!" characters first, and then decide my frontrunner votes after midterm results.

Disappointing results but not surprising. I wonder how much the results would change if IS released more than two 3H banners (and only one of them is non lords) before the voting started. 

Next year, I'm going to vote for Marth + Eirika so they stop getting snubbed and Charlotte + Nils so IS can finally add them into the game. Seriously, it's been how many years and Charlotte is still stuck in a wedding dress holding a giant spoon as a weapon??? 

Edited by zuibangde

Spoiler

Very happy with the results, I was worried Dimitri would fall, so it's nice to see he held on to first. I'm happy Lysithea also remained 2nd, I just prefer her to Bernie~

Next year, I'm going all in for F!Byleth~

Just to clarify a bit...

Spoiler

I'm happy Claude at least won. And Dimitri is cool. It just annoys me that even when my favorite characters are actually popular, they're STILL beaten by characters I don't like as much (in this case, Edelgard, Felix, and Lysithea. Though thankfully, I don't dislike them as much as Camilla, Lyn, Tharja, and Micaiah). Sylvain DROPPING instead of rising makes me sad, though I am still also happy he stayed in the top ten for males. I bet what hurts him is the people that just write him off as a creepy skirt chaser and didn't bother with many of his supports, outside of maybe the one with Felix for obvious reasons. And maybe the skirt chaser type is a little hit and miss in general? Oh well. But what upsets me most is that since Sylvain has been beaten by both Ashe and Felix now, he's less likely than I thought to get in the game soon. IS would be inclined to include Ashe and Felix first unless they do an entire Blue Lions banner, in which is possible. But because they like putting more females than males on banners... Well, that banner might end up being Felix, Ashe, Annette, and Ingrid and Sylvain could be watered down to a crappy TT unit. Even if I would appreciate him being easy to merge.

So in case I sounded a bit ungrateful, I don't mean to be like that. I see some others here have it worse with some of the characters they voted for. Which sucks, yeah. I'm grateful for the couple of good results I DID get. Just disappointed with a few others. I am overall happy with the winners though.

Edited by Anacybele

Spoiler

Nice. Edelgard stayed first overall. Good job, Black Eagles! I probably would have voted for Edelgard too if it was not for Sugar Plums.

Lysithea is good too.

Sugar Plums made it to #6. Knew it was a long shot, but at least she climbed a few ranks; I think I will try voting her again next year, but she might struggle more. Nice to see Anna hanging in there too. Too bad Azura, Loki, and Tharja got booted out the top 10 though. Hopefully they climb back up next year.

Spoiler

I'm glad to see Bernadetta get as much support as she did. Hopefully it's enough to assure she'll be a good unit whenever she comes.

Also really happy to see Annette reach 34th place overall! Best Blue Lions girl in my humble opinion. 😄

Spoiler

I'm so happy Edelgard actually won, and alongside Lysithea.

What an amusing result to see a side character win this competition that was thought to be only possible to win if you're a Main Character (even loosely like Camilla or Lyn).

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

So, how does everyone see themselves voting next year?

Reveal hidden contents

With Bernadetta in number 3, I think she's got a good shot next year, so I'll throw her a vote. If I vote for a male frontrunner, it'll probably be Sigurd or Robin. Otherwise, I think I'll primarily focus on characters I like and want to see added to the game.

Bastian, Nasir, Forde, and Zihark will definitely get 1 vote each.

Hapi, Lewyn, Linhardt, Marianne, and Pelleas are all strong candidates for remaining votes.

Spoiler

I'll be more sure in December just like this time, but I'm planning to vote for Nino and Sophia

This year I planned early on to vote for SIlque, but she ended up appearing in the game, so I ended up changing priorities to focus in Edelgard, with some votes for other characters here and there.

I need to check my list of favorites, but if all of them ended up appearing before CYL5, I'll most likely vote only for Nino and Sophia.