Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

D686132D-4B27-42DA-BD27-00AAA641C971.thumb.png.20a4f33f96ab9a63e7c3b7d138e8a37a.png

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR ME TO GET SHADE, IS?!?!

Sorry, guys, round one’s gotta go to my last pick from the past couple years:

Spoiler

C1DF822E-7CFB-4C10-B9F9-548307256AA8.thumb.png.17b2053e38c6633d812c8d40c2d8acfd.png

I absolutely need to know if they would use a male or female VA. I’ve always assumed female VA to counteract the obviously-male Ephidel, but this is unfortunately 2020, where you can’t assume anything because people get weird when gender gets involved, so I’d like a chance at confirmation. I will be checking @DefyingFates‘s character summary when I get some time,  Eirika’s alts definitely improved my opinion of her after interacting with them. On the other hand, there are a couple Wanderers who could use some spotlight...

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Yes, she is, as she isn't a lord (you can kill her after Chapter 8, without a Game Over).

Lilina's not a Lord? *Looks at The Binding Blade's box and knowing that she is Marquess Hector's daughter* 🤨 I've been lied to. #LocalizeBindingBlade

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Emoticon

29 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I absolutely need to know if they would use a male or female VA. I’ve always assumed female VA to counteract the obviously-male Ephidel, but this is unfortunately 2020, where you can’t assume anything because people get weird when gender gets involved, so I’d like a chance at confirmation. I will be checking @DefyingFates‘s character summary when I get some time,  Eirika’s alts definitely improved my opinion of her after interacting with them. On the other hand, there are a couple Wanderers who could use some spotlight...

Maybe they'll pull a Libra, and use someone whose voice can go either way.  Not that I mind!

29 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Alfonse is just because I'm curious to how they'd treat a Brave version of him.

Probably King Alfonse, since... Book 3 spoilers:

Spoiler

King Gustav dies in Book 3, so Alfonse is next to the throne.

Since Gustav is a Cavalry unit, Brave Alfonse could be one as well.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

36 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Lilina's not a Lord? *Looks at The Binding Blade's box and knowing that she is Marquess Hector's daughter* 🤨 I've been lied to. #LocalizeBindingBlade

More like you never bothered to look it up before. Lilina was never a lord. When Ostia went under in FE6, so did her relevance as a bargaining chip. 

In any case, it looks like 3H characters will dominate hard this year. All the top 20? Not a chance but the support will be quite strong. With TMS#FE Encore characters being added to the list as well, I wonder if any of them can reach top 50. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Lilina should be made a lord in an FE6 remake, change my mind

She contributes absolutely nothing besides pointing us to the cave that has Durandal. She’s a worse Caeda. Then again, FE6 is basically FE3 with a slightly different label. Making her into a lord just because she’s Hector’s daughter would show how desperate IS is in trying to make her hang on the coattails of Hector’s popularity.  

In any case, that’s off-topic. 

Back to the actual topic, it’ll be interesting how the Byleths will fare now that they’ve confirmed that the Byleths from the 2 arcs will be tallied together. 

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

She contributes absolutely nothing besides

Doesn't that phrase apply to everyone in FE6 besides Roy, Guinivere and Merlinus? She's the fourth modt relevant character, because she and Roy are the only ones who can build supports.

Edited by Benice

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not a whole lot though, TMS Encore edition has so far sold less than 20k in physical copies in Japan. 3H probably accrued that many in 15 minutes I half-jest.

Perhaps, but the recent exposure in FEH may give the main character some votes and pull a dark horse victory. Could be wrong thought. However, even without him, Marth still faces bad odds. He not only still faces competition with Male Robin, Ryoma, and Chrom, but we can add Claude and Dimitri, and it’s likely at least one of those will win the dude division 

4 hours ago, Thane said:

That honestly sounds like a major challenge. I mean what are they going to do, give her AoE singing? 

Just listing a bunch of insane effects off the top of my head. Might be toned down if they implement any of these in the game.

Wings of Mercy 8/Escape Route 8
Inflict Gravity on enemies within 3 columns or 3 rows.
Drive Atk/Spd that gives Atk/Spd+6 within 4 spaces (4 spaces so it can help cavalry nukes) (this might be more suited for fairies, since they use long distance combat buffs)
Drive Special Fighter within 4 spaces
Drive Bold Fighter within 4 spaces
Drive Desperation-Brash Assault with no HP requirement within 4 spaces
Special cooldown count -6 on Sung target
Special cooldown count -2 on allies within 2 spaces at start of turn
Negative status effect immunity on Sung target

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Just listing a bunch of insane effects off the top of my head.

We need a singer that deals damage to every enemy on the map every time Sing is used (like Upheaval), but I don't know if there are any canon lethal singers in the series (like Valkyria Chronicles's Edy or Clannad's Kotomi).

What the hell?

I go to see if I can place my second vote, and it looked to me like I could. I vote for Claude since I gave my first vote to Sylvain.

But I go to my battle ballot and Claude is registered as the first vote instead and my vote for Sylvain is gone. What the fuck.

I placed my first vote through my phone and the second through my laptop, if that means anything... I've looked at the battle ballot for both and only Claude is there.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What the hell?

I go to see if I can place my second vote, and it looked to me like I could. I vote for Claude since I gave my first vote to Sylvain.

But I go to my battle ballot and Claude is registered as the first vote instead and my vote for Sylvain is gone. What the fuck.

I placed my first vote through my phone and the second through my laptop, if that means anything... I've looked at the battle ballot for both and only Claude is there.

I think the day reset for CYL happens at 7 PM Pacific / 10 PM Eastern / 3 AM UTC, so we're still a bit over an hour away from day 2.

Edited by Ice Dragon

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We need a singer that deals damage to every enemy on the map every time Sing is used (like Upheaval), but I don't know if there are any canon lethal singers in the series (like Valkyria Chronicles's Edy or Clannad's Kotomi).

We just need someone singing Wagner operas. It had a similar affect on the crowds. (The REAL reason Wagner never had negative reviews on his operas; people whl dislike high notes didn't survive the arias.)

No disrespect, mr wagner. I personally like your overtures and stuff.