Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

Can't say I'm surprised looking at the midterm results. It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting with the sole exception of Lysithea who ironically is the most interesting due to not being another lord character to win CYL. If things stay as they are I actually hope she gets a spot.

I like Claude and Dimitri seems cool but without playing 3H it's impossible for me to have a connection to these characters. Plus I feel really bad for Marth constantly having victory snatched away from him and it seems like every CYL Chrom climbs a little bit higher but victory is never quite in reach. Shoutouts to Itsuki and Chrom taking the 20th spot though. It's almost jarring to see a unit from that game score so high.

On the female side Bernadetta is a bit odd but seeing 2 minor characters win on the female side would be crazy. I like Edelgard fine though (still haven't played 3H!) so she could win. I feel bad for Eirika though. I feel like her pioneering non seasonal alts was the nail in the coffin for her concerning CYL. I don't think she'll win this or next year. Her best shot imo is 2022 assuming the game even still exists. Seeing Nino and Sothis up there is pretty cool too though. Still feel bad for Anna having split votes.

Plumeria though... really guys... really?

Still voting for Edward. Whatever happens will happen, I want my favorite swordie to get as much exposure as possible.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Benice said:

I like her too; part 2 in RD (Which is largely hers) was my least favourite (except for endgame.) Regardless, I like her as a character. She's supposed to be humble and stuff in PoR, but she has her moments too.

Awesome! I just love her. Her character is amazing and she's so beautiful too.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Time for a mind-blowing opinion: I don't mind Ike stealing Micaiah' spotlight in RD.

For one, it'sthe first part od the game you have multiple solid choices so you don'thave to turtle everything. Secondly, I like the slowly intertwining stories. (Watching Aran OHKO Ike on turn 4 of 13-3 has been the highlight of my run thus far.) Because they scrapped the support system, we don't get Micaiah as highlighted anyways. Third, I love the greil mercs in general and Ike is just a strong enough charac ter to deserve being protag no. 2.  I would like to see the two of them interact more, but I don't mind that much. (I'm still only midway through 4-4.)

Yeah, I don't mind Ike being in the spotlight either, though I do think it would've done Micaiah and her party more good to have a bit more time of their own too, because they're just weak units compared to Ike's group. 😕 I do love the Greil Mercs a lot myself though, and also really want the rest of them in Heroes, so I hope they're getting enough votes too!

It's too bad there's not enough votes for me to give all of them one and I gotta prioritize some other peeps instead. xP

25 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Still feel bad for Anna having split votes.

With Anna I think its fairly justified. Commander Anna shares the main gimmick and appearance with her sister but her role as commander and ties to the siblings ensures she's more of her own character rather than just another Anna. 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't mind Ike being in the spotlight either, though I do think it would've done Micaiah and her party more good to have a bit more time of their own too, because they're just weak units compared to Ike's group. 😕 I do love the Greil Mercs a lot myself though, and also really want the rest of them in Heroes, so I hope they're getting enough votes too!

The problems is that the Greil Mercs had a entire game to deveplope the characters, while the Dawn Brigade had between 1/3 and 2/3 of the game.

Most of people that played RD, played PoR before, so they know and have attachment for those characters, so of course they will prefer the Greil Mercs than the Dawn Brigade, especially when people compare them.

Maybe if Ike and his Mercs were not in RD, people would have a different opinion about Micaiah and her Brigade, and maybe like them more.

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The problems is that the Greil Mercs had a entire game to deveplope the characters, while the Dawn Brigade had between 1/3 and 2/3 of the game.

Most of people that played RD, played PoR before, so they know and have attachment for those characters, so of course they will prefer the Greil Mercs than the Dawn Brigade, especially when people compare them.

Maybe if Ike and his Mercs were not in RD, people would have a different opinion about Micaiah and her Brigade, and maybe like them more.

That's why I think there should've been a more proper support system to flesh the DB out more and a couple more chapters for them to get more levels and be more on par with Ike's group.

I'm voting for Eirika all the way!

45 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't think the is the issue, to be fair, I think a lot of it is poor writing on the DB's part, (except 1) and personally, I like when series continue with the same characters, I like to see how they've changed, whether it's looks, personality, etc. Also, there are people that judge units based on usefulness, which the DB has a lot of not so useful units.

I think Anacybele is right in that they just needed to add something to give their gameplay more "flavor" I guess.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 hours ago, Thane said:

Day 1: Soren

Day 2: Tiki

Day 3: Cynthia

Day 4: F!Morgan

Marianne and Skrimir also deserve a vote, and I kind of want to keep F!Robin in the top 20. I also want to vote for Sanaki for being an amazing character. 

Hmm. I'm starting to think I don't have enough votes, chaps. 

Does your web browser have an increased anonymity/no history-keeping function? Chrome has Incognito, Safari has Private, just to name two. If you hop into it, you'll be able to cast another ballot each day.

For today, it's... I guess Dheg, Hugh (it was him, Elffin, or Dayan), Linoan, and one real oddball pick- Geitz.

Even with four votes, I'm feeling shortchanged. I need more.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm voting for Eirika all the way

YES!! Thank you so much!!

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

obligatory vote to Marth and to Eirika for some variation. Hopefully Lysithea can topple Edelgard and Eirika can steal the 2nd place spot.

Thank you thank you thank you!! I hope you vote more for Eirika too please! You yourself want her in 2nd place, right? Please give her an extra vote if so! Please?

26 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

YES!! Thank you so much!!

Thank you thank you thank you!! I hope you vote more for Eirika too please! You yourself want her in 2nd place, right? Please give her an extra vote if so! Please?

I cast my first 2 to Dimitri, one to Touma, and one to Yashiro. After finishing #FE, finally, I got to know Yashiro's character and would love to see him added to Heroes. So...Marth, Eirika and Dimitri make my final votes.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She's basically the Loki vote for this year. They almost have the exact same midterm ranking, too.

Yeah, and to the point where it seems most have jumped ship from voting Loki given that Loki is nowhere to be found this time.

12 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I cast my first 2 to Dimitri, one to Touma, and one to Yashiro. After finishing #FE, finally, I got to know Yashiro's character and would love to see him added to Heroes. So...Marth, Eirika and Dimitri make my final votes.

That's a shame, but oh well. There's no way Dimitri's falling out of the top two, you know that, right? 😛

Joking aside, I hope you can find it in yourself to vote for Eirika an extra time when the day comes 🙂 Please?

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

There's no way Dimitri's falling out of the top two, you know that, right?

Complacency is exactly how Marth lost last year, everybody's already rallying against a CYL 3H Banner. Dimitri fans better not slack on voting for him because of that kind of mentality

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and to the point where it seems most have jumped ship from voting Loki given that Loki is nowhere to be found this time.

Loki's also got her normal form and an alt playable in the game though. Her fans already got her, so now they just want the next sexualized female villain/character.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Loki's also got her normal form and an alt playable in the game though. Her fans already got her, so now they just want the next sexualized female villain/character.

Yeah, the bunny alt might also have something to do with it (and the same can kinda be applied to the also absent Bruno too).

I suppose this just shows that the FEH OC voters are shamelessly shallow Loki lacks staying power because Tharja is still hanging in there despite the TH takeover.

Edited by Tybrosion

39 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Complacency is exactly how Marth lost last year, everybody's already rallying against a CYL 3H Banner. Dimitri fans better not slack on voting for him because of that kind of mentality

pretty much so. 
Honestly there were many many feh-tubers and people on reddit saying Marth had it in the bag so they either didn't vote for him at all (assuming that him deserving to win would carry through), or stopped voting for him - honestly it did make me rethink how i would split my votes - i voted for Dimitri last night (giving up one of my women's votes), and i'll probably be doing the same this evening. I'm not sure i'll be voting for Eirika this go around. i'll honestly have to see how i feel on monday with my last vote. i will say the anti-rallies is starting to turn me off. 

On 1/12/2020 at 9:40 AM, eclipse said:

I try~!

Oh and I forgot to mention: Bitching about Camilla is an automatic three-month suspension.  She had her CYL appearance already.  Just in case this topic goes in that direction (hint: don't do this).

I have my predictions as to what will cause this topic to close, but I'll keep it to myself.  I also have my predictions on who will be the next CYL (at least two 3H characters, though y'all can surprise me and get Sothis in there), and this is enough to make my head spin.

5 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

@eclipse? I was away from this forum for a quite a while so I did not know the details. I don’t recall myself “complaining” about Camilla in particular but whatever floats your boat. No need for your “not-too-subtle” hint thing on caps and bold letters, no less. Goodness gracious. If you have any particular problems with me, feel free to do so via Private Message. 

Back to topic, if this ends up all 3H, it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll handle made-up weapons this time around. They could always make them all daggers or bows now that we have colored variants. 

Nope, this has to be public.  Should help out anyone else who went poof for that.

See the quote above?  If you hit the little arrow on the top-right of it, you'll warp straight to that quote, which is in a previous topic that was closed.  Scroll a little further down to see why the topic was closed.  That's your context.  Please don't invoke it.

10 hours ago, Ranulfo said:

Hi! Thankfully a lot of my favorites managed to get in this year, but among the ones I'd still like to see are Ryan, Cecil, Yuliya and Yubello, Dew, Lana, Coirpre, Lowen, Farina, Zihark, Astrid, Laura, Elena, Amy, Miriel, Emmeryn, Orochi and Sophie. I know I couldn't have voted for everyone but those were my "still not in the game" choices not counting three houses😛. In the end I only managed to throw a vote towards Astrid, Rebecca (to maybe get an alt) and Ilyana (to maybe get a non-alt) before I saw the midterms and started looking around to see if Eirika had a chance or I had to throw my votes at Lysithea. What were your options? 

Voted for Tomas/Sedgar as obscure picks, and Marth because I think he deserves a CYL win (though I'm not going to complain if the two 3H guys get theirs, even if I don't like Dimitri), will most likely vote for Stefan/Midir/Frost (by request).  I, uh, have a thing for green-haired anime guys, and I can't figure out why!

Much as I want Eirika to win, I feel like throwing all my votes that way will betray the core of why I vote in CYL - to see some of my favorites in the game~!

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I suppose this just shows that the FEH OC voters are shamelessly shallow Loki lacks staying power because Tharja is still hanging in there despite the TH takeover.

Loki does not make your lewd dreams come true though, unlike Sugar Plums.

Sugar Plums is also a DANCER/SINGER which is like TOTALLY AWESOME!!! She is no Azura: Vallite Songstress, but as a Dancer/Singer, she is still a cut above everyone else, and I would argue she is the second strongest Dancer/Singer right after VS!Azura. She is also red, which is a good and bad thing. Good thing is that players who already have a team built around red support units can simply swap the red unit out with Plumeria. Bad thing is also that she is red, so if you built a team with green support units with red combat units, it is kind of a bad idea to go red heavy on your team if the green support unit was your only green unit.

Loki is not bad, but I think she is a bit dated with Bridal Belonging Fjorm having a debuff that is stronger in my opinion, since it is a debuff that you cannot Dance/Sing off.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's why I think there should've been a more proper support system to flesh the DB out more and a couple more chapters for them to get more levels and be more on par with Ike's group.

It's mostly supports. I picked four units to invest into, and used them as much as possible. (Laura, Aran, Jill, Micaiah until she got to lv. 20. I used Illyana a bit also.) Laura is currently my best or second best spellcaster, (even though I barely used him, Soren's really good.) And her def turned out decent. (18, I think as a l.v 5 saint.) You've probably heard me gush about Aran multiple times, because he is literally the only reason I survived 13-3. Micaiah's too slow, but Thani is still useful. Jill has been awful, but I'm still trying to invest into her. (I don't even know why at this point.) The big problwm is we knwo about two people in the DB: Mrs Protag and her trusty sidekick. And we only know about Sothe from his supports in PoR. The rest are total mysteries. We never learn about anyone else.

Even though I'd much rather see a different refresher unit win, I wouldn't hate Plumeria, because, well, she's a refresher unit. I've never been particularly fond of them, but they don't hurt veyry often.

Still putting votes for FByleth I guess, I'd rather see her or Eirika with Edel over Lysithea/Bernadetta, since those 2 are almost guaranteed to be on a 3H banner later regardless. I do wonder if they would've fallen to where Hilda is if they already existed in FEH before the voting.

I'd also shamelessly be interested in what insane way a Brave Byleth would be able to top the effects of our current Creator Sword in ridiculousness.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

Loki does not make your lewd dreams come true though, unlike Sugar Plums.

Sugar Plums is also a DANCER/SINGER which is like TOTALLY AWESOME!!! She is no Azura: Vallite Songstress, but as a Dancer/Singer, she is still a cut above everyone else, and I would argue she is the second strongest Dancer/Singer right after VS!Azura. She is also red, which is a good and bad thing. Good thing is that players who already have a team built around red support units can simply swap the red unit out with Plumeria. Bad thing is also that she is red, so if you built a team with green support units with red combat units, it is kind of a bad idea to go red heavy on your team if the green support unit was your only green unit.

Loki is not bad, but I think she is a bit dated with Bridal Belonging Fjorm having a debuff that is stronger in my opinion, since it is a debuff that you cannot Dance/Sing off.

Good job, you’ve just provided credence to my suggestion that the lot who vote for that type of character really are just shallow and have no sense of loyalty.