Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

47 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Marth only fell by one place, which is why I think Dimitri's safe. I already think the three Lords are locked in because of who they are, but even if Marth does get a huge rally, Claude's the one he'll be going up against, not Dimitri.

At least, that's what I think 🙂

Claude voters are increasing their votes because they don't want to lose to Marth. Marth voters are increasing their votes because they don't want 3H to win~ Everything is a domino effect. If Dimitri fans sit there and think they're safe because they're in first, he will lose easily. No one should ever assume they're safe because we see how these rallies work.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Midnox said:

Now that I think about it, we are running out of lords who have been consistently supported. Maybe next year we might be seeing Brave Heroes of characters less relevant to the story

I do believe if Eirika and Edelgard win this year the only lords left on the female side are F!Robin, F!Corrin, and F!Byleth so CYL 5 could be very interesting depending on how things play out this year

48 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

honestly if it wasn't this anti-Choose Your House sentiment, i would probably have been comfortable giving Eirika my vote. but i'm not now

That makes me sad. I think people being upset is justified, but not outright despising 3H for it! I'm really sorry to hear it affected you so. Good luck with you CYL votes! I hope you can find it in yourself to give her at least one more vote though. Please?

But either way, take care!

@Landmaster I see what you're trying to say. I still think Dimitri is safe by virtur of being Dimitri, but I get why you're concerned.

As I said above, I hope you can spare Eirika at least a few votes all the same! Even one would be wonderful! Bestest of luck to Dimitri too! 😄

Edited by DefyingFates

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I do believe if Eirika and Edelgard win this year the only lords left on the female side are F!Robin, F!Corrin, and F!Byleth so CYL 5 could be very interesting depending on how things play out this year

Yeah, it’s possible FCorrin and FRobin lost support mainly due to 3H, but maybe it’ll come back by next year. I don’t think FByleth will lose support. In fact, among the female avatars, she’s the one I think has the greater chance to win next year

5 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Now that I think about it, we are running out of lords who have been consistently supported. Maybe next year we might be seeing Brave Heroes of characters less relevant to the story

Unless Eirika and Marth manage the upset they might be first next year, and there's also Chrom, Seliph, Sigurd and most avatars going strong, especially the female ones. Some people consider Azura, Lilina and Elincia to be close to lords or at least deuteragonists too. Of course if the Three Houses hype is still strong we could see stuff like Dorothea or Felix winning which would be funny

I wonder how much of an impact it had that they released the midterm results so early. Only 2.5 days or so had passed when they showed the results off, so I expect the end results to be quite different. I also fear Dimitri will get seriously Marth'd.

Just now, Ranulfo said:

Unless Eirika and Marth manage the upset they might be first next year, and there's also Chrom, Seliph, Sigurd and most avatars going strong, especially the female ones. Some people consider Azura, Lilina and Elincia to be close to lords or at least deuteragonists too. Of course if the Three Houses hype is still strong we could see stuff like Dorothea or Felix winning which would be funny

It’s possible. If I recall, previous CYL. Other than lords and other relevant characters, it was mostly composed by Awakening and Fates. Now that 3H arrived, support shifted unexpectedly. I don’t know if the massive support for 3H will remain by next year, but it isn’t too far fetched considering we aren’t likely getting any new entry of the franchise. OOOHHH almost forgot, the new guys from the DLC could maintain 3H support next year, if not one or two of those taking a spot

Just now, Midnox said:

Yeah, it’s possible FCorrin and FRobin lost support mainly due to 3H, but maybe it’ll come back by next year. I don’t think FByleth will lose support. In fact, among the female avatars, she’s the one I think has the greater chance to win next year

I personally though FCorrin lost support mainly due to being in Fates.

Anyways, for the next few CYLs, it's probably gonna be 

• Eirika and Marth finally winning, (if they don't this year. Marth's chances are looking grim.) leading to random 3h people until the next FE comes out
  • an Avatar might actually win
  • Heroes OC's wipe the floor once all the popular three houses kids are in already

The good news is that Marth is basically a shoe-in next year because it's only 3h characters as his competition. (I mean, he's been beaten out by a few, but the 3 lords winning will increase his chances greatly.)

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I suppose this just shows that the FEH OC voters are shamelessly shallow Loki lacks staying power because Tharja is still hanging in there despite the TH takeover.

There's really only so much you can do with just visual appeal alone.

Loki probably doesn't have a sticky fan base because she doesn't have the narrative presence that Tharja has. Thus, she has the appeal to draw people in, but not the tools to keep anywhere near as many people invested in her as a character (as she's still pretty much a minor character in a game with a very sparse story).

The only way i could see Marth losing next year is if IS released a surprise remake of FE4 and Seliph and Sigurd got a massive surge in popularity, but that's VERY unlikely lol I also can't see Yuri and Balthus becoming popular enough to straight up beat Marth and Chrom but hey, Three Houses has surprised me before, they could be amazing characters with a great story

I will pour all my votes towards Claude. Dimitri is just ewww... His story arch was my least favourite (although his was my first playthrough) and he is a very flawed Character in my eyes. One of the most pathetic Lords imho. I hope Claude and Marth make it.

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I will pour all my votes towards Claude. Dimitri is just ewww... His story arch was my least favourite (although his was my first playthrough) and he is a very flawed Character in my eyes. One of the most pathetic Lords imho. I hope Claude and Marth make it.

well to be fair. Claude and Edelgard is just as flawed - but i get you. 

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I get you but that's the whole reason I love him. Perfect sweet characters are boring. I want characters that fuck shit, they're mean, abrasive, and all that so they can slowly work to overcome those things by the end of the story. The flaws of a character are what make them interesting to me

26 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I get you but that's the whole reason I love him. Perfect sweet characters are boring. I want characters that fuck shit, they're mean, abrasive, and all that so they can slowly work to overcome those things by the end of the story. The flaws of a character are what make them interesting to me

Yeah, I totally agree. Flaws and growth and development heavily help make a good character good. This is a big reason I love Sylvain. I've already explained that though, so yeah. I just needed to say here that I agree.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

@Landmaster I see what you're trying to say. I still think Dimitri is safe by virtur of being Dimitri, but I get why you're concerned.

As I said above, I hope you can spare Eirika at least a few votes all the same! Even one would be wonderful! Bestest of luck to Dimitri too! 😄

That's my point, tho. There is no "being Dimitri" or "being Edelgard" or "being Marth". Overconfidence will make anyone lose. We've seen it happen before. That's why no one should stop voting for anyone in the top spots. We don't know the numbers. For all we know, Claude only has 40 less votes than Dimitri and Marth has 100 less than him. The difference between Bernie and Lysithea can be 100 or 1000. It can go any way at this point. Remember these votes were probably just the results of the first two days.

Honestly if I was going to vote for anyone to slide into the top two, it'd be F!Byleth, though I don't really see her passing Bernie at this point~ I do think Lys fans should be wary, Bernie is very popular in Japan~

33 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I want characters that fuck shit, they're mean, abrasive, and all that 

I see now why you're a Severa stan

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Eirika and Marth finally winning, (if they don't this year. Marth's chances are looking grim.)

Don't give up on them just yet! I really think they still have a chance this year, Eirika especially! Please keep voting exactly as you have thus far!! 😄

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I see now why you're a Severa stan

that's only like 50% of the reason though. The other 50% however,

Spoiler

Tsunderes are great and that's all I have to say about that.

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

It’s possible. If I recall, previous CYL. Other than lords and other relevant characters, it was mostly composed by Awakening and Fates. Now that 3H arrived, support shifted unexpectedly. I don’t know if the massive support for 3H will remain by next year, but it isn’t too far fetched considering we aren’t likely getting any new entry of the franchise. OOOHHH almost forgot, the new guys from the DLC could maintain 3H support next year, if not one or two of those taking a spot

And Nino and Mia, they always manage to appear in the Top 20 of Females... somehow, even now.

Not like I mind it, I actually really like Nino.

Edited by Troykv

17 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

that's only like 50% of the reason though. The other 50% however,

Hide contents

Tsunderes are great and that's all I have to say about that.

But why Miku when Neru is the real tsundere

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

But why Miku when Neru is the real tsundere

Cause Neru doesn't have a voice bank that's why

What? someone had to say it.

Anyway, If it does end up being the 3H lords plus Lysithia. I dunno who my free pull will be cause I love all four of them.

Edited by Ottservia

six months is a long time not to summon for anything and i'll know i'll get baited, but i will be trying to save as many orbs for Dimitrii (i'd also have to be prepared for his Legendary form down the road). 

Ideally there'll really be nothing to make me go. MUST. GET! right away outside of my designated list. 

25 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Cause Neru doesn't have a voice bank that's why

What? someone had to say it.

Anyway, If it does end up being the 3H lords plus Lysithia. I dunno who my free pull will be cause I love all four of them.

Touche, it's been years, someone just give her a voice already

On this topic of free picks, while I'd like to think I'd pick Lysithea or Claude, I'd probably pick Dimitri to spare my Orbs if I actually do manage to have self control enough to try to +10 him~