Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Excuse me, this title is currently copyrighted property of Lord Roy of Smash Brothers fame. Dmitri may settle for 'their boy'.

...In all seriousness, if we get four 3H characters I may have to go Dmitri, he's currently my favorite mainly because I see so much about him being at odds with Edelgard. I...do not like Edelgard, to put it nicely.

While I'd argue he has never had exclusive rights to that title outside of Smash (I've seen many other characters referred to as such), I suppose I'll settle for our man or King then, considering we're mostly voting Timeskip Dimi. Or we can take a hint from Felix and just go with our boar; it's not too far off from the original~ XD

Thankfully I'll be happy with a 3H sweep, in particular for the lords; I like both Claude and Edelgard well enough. It's just that I love Dimitri so much more. 

27 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LOL my ballot is kinda screwed because i did vote for Academy dimitri but i mean war-itri is winning (and IDEALLY he gets DLC hair which is winning anyway).
while IS is really not much for patterns - i think if we see a CYL hero fest this year at any point in time (small pit stop for Camillas thanks), i won't feel as pressure to get all the dimitris. and chances are - (again) - i'm  going to want the Dancers. there will be one and i'll need them (especially if they fly lol) and they run basically just before CYL. 

Golden Week  basically is a massive bait. last year they did Alm (who had to be in progress anyway) but he's hands down one of the best Legendaries ever (not named Azura). and they're gonna have another Bait legendary this year (it mightnot be Dimitri but it will be someone).  

yeah the one bummed out is that Ingrid isn't int the top 20 (which surprises me greatly). 

the thing w/the legendaries - they always show up so it doesn't have to be a lump sum event (but if he always shares with Lucina/Azura/Peony  it will always make life easier). 

honestly if Bylass could please with neutral/best ivs find her way into my barracks without too much trouble and bring petra along with her. that would be fan-tas-tic. it knocks out most of my summoning goals. 

A vote for Dimitri is a vote for Dimitri regardless of age, so it doesn't matter lol; I'm pretty sure we're getting PTSDimitri regardless, the question is which hairstyle haha. It'd be cool if the brave alts for the lords had their NG+ hairstyles, I'm especially fond of his hair tail and I really prefer Edelgard's side tail to her regular look.

It's definitely going to be a struggle though, especially depending on what comes out in the meantime. I dunno if anyone had postulated this idea yet either, but what if we get Fallen Dimitri too? I do believe that banner will be around the corner, so in my quest to have at least one copy of all Dimitris, I'm going to be really trying and failing at restraining myself. Especially if we get a certain FE4 announcement and accompanying banners... >_>

I actually got really lucky with the 3H banners when they came out; I got Bylass and Dima first which was all I was really going for, plus an Edelgard for the first banner and Petra and Hubert for the second (Petra in particular has been so useful, hope you get her and Bylass!). So all I'm missing atm is Claude and Hilda; I have a 4* Mercie at least, which is all I need for now to keep bringing my Blue Lion children into my barracks. Here's hoping most of them scoring high will mean they all get in sooner or later~

11 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

Voting once more for the Boar Prince! 

And this is going to be my exact same issue; free pull for Brave!Dima so that will be one less I have to pull in order to 10+, but that will be assuming I have the self control to not spend too many orbs for all those months.

And if he gets a legendary....my poor wallet.......I think I would have to decide quickly which one I will be attempting to 10+. And I assume Legendary!Dima would be harder to pull for, but dammit I WILL have at least one version of him 10+, no matter what!

So here's hoping his brave alt will have great art and be an awesome unit, because I'm just shuddering at the thought of 10+ing a Legendary/Mythic unit.....but I will do it for him if I have to.

Same here, I take nothing for granted. This may be the only year I ever go all 7 days for the same character, but our boy deserves it! We can't let up!!!

Also I'd like to thank all of my fellow Blue Lions brethren for getting not only Dimitri but most of the rest of our house into the top 10! I would be even happier if we could get Dedue, Ingrid, Annie and Mercie good scores as well (although Mercie is already in the game, so that one is understandable), but regardless I'm so happy to see my favorite House scoring so well~

This will probably 3 Houses' biggest CYL possible, even with the anti 3H sentiment, so despite usually being an advocate for the older FE games, I'm not unhappy if the majority of the spots are taken by 3H; its not like it isn't well deserved at this point.

Honestly would suggest +10ing a Legendary if you're at all competitive. He'll be good for Arena Scoring himself if he's Infantry and you can use him for bonus scoring in his Season~ I'd think he'd be easier to pull for since Legendary Banners have higher rates and rotate every few months~

Yeah I wish Dedue was a bit higher, best boy is still the only retainer not in the game yet~

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

they should show their hurt art for the CYL banner screen for maximum effect

Imagine if it's based Okuma

I wonder if there will be some serious upsets this time. The "midterms" came out about 2.5 days after voting started. While I don't think the current leads aren't extremely popular, there are still some 4-5 votes left per person since the midterms. There is room for a huge wave of support coming to the runner up characters.

I know I shouldn't care that much about this competition but I'm still really hoping the ranks won't change unless Rhea swoops in to take 100% of the vote. It could happen guys.

48 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

While I'd argue he has never had exclusive rights to that title outside of Smash (I've seen many other characters referred to as such), I suppose I'll settle for our man or King then, considering we're mostly voting Timeskip Dimi. Or we can take a hint from Felix and just go with our boar; it's not too far off from the original~ XD

Thankfully I'll be happy with a 3H sweep, in particular for the lords; I like both Claude and Edelgard well enough. It's just that I love Dimitri so much more. 

A vote for Dimitri is a vote for Dimitri regardless of age, so it doesn't matter lol; I'm pretty sure we're getting PTSDimitri regardless, the question is which hairstyle haha. It'd be cool if the brave alts for the lords had their NG+ hairstyles, I'm especially fond of his hair tail and I really prefer Edelgard's side tail to her regular look.

It's definitely going to be a struggle though, especially depending on what comes out in the meantime. I dunno if anyone had postulated this idea yet either, but what if we get Fallen Dimitri too? I do believe that banner will be around the corner, so in my quest to have at least one copy of all Dimitris, I'm going to be really trying and failing at restraining myself. Especially if we get a certain FE4 announcement and accompanying banners... >_>

I actually got really lucky with the 3H banners when they came out; I got Bylass and Dima first which was all I was really going for, plus an Edelgard for the first banner and Petra and Hubert for the second (Petra in particular has been so useful, hope you get her and Bylass!). So all I'm missing atm is Claude and Hilda; I have a 4* Mercie at least, which is all I need for now to keep bringing my Blue Lion children into my barracks. Here's hoping most of them scoring high will mean they all get in sooner or later~

i tried for Bylass but i got Siegbert'ed. (I was saving for Myrrh at the time.  - so that's what happened with Petra). and yeah - she'll be such a help in some modes. 
I've got everyone now  but those two. (I kinda want to get all 3H units. but i mean it will be sooo difficult, esp. if some get broken (and some... (lookin' at you Hubert) i don't really care about at all but at least it's a tick in the collection box. the minute i saw the Null Banner i knew Hilda would be on it, and i got her (neutral to boot!!) and both my claudes were Random (both 3% pulls, 1 via Myrrh hurting, and 1 on a free pull). Edelgard seems to loovveeee me.  and Mercie is coming along but no perfect iv yet. 

I was thinking that the other day actually if they had fallen - would Dimitri qualify. he's not possessed, or actually evil. just..a very broken and traumatized guy. 

honestly i'm gonna take it via the calendar. i'm actually changing my feb plans a bit (I had planned to go full throttle on Julia/Azura/Sothis merges but i'm probably not going to do that to give myself a bigger head start on CYL. 

On 1/21/2020 at 11:19 PM, Seafarer said:

This year, I will be voting for elder representation. Vote #1 is Niime. #2 will be Nealuchi. Decisions may be more difficult after that. Marcus, maybe? Or I might just give up and vote for as many of the Genealogy subs as possible, starting with best thief

Edit: @  below: Myrrh has purple hair.

Be a legend and vote for the Rainbow Sage 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

I was thinking that the other day actually if they had fallen - would Dimitri qualify. he's not possessed, or actually evil. just..a very broken and traumatized guy

Yeah, it'd actually feel pretty uncomfortable to me. If we get anyone from 3H on a fallen banner it'll probably be Hegemon!Edelgard. It's not possession, but the monstrous transformation didn't seem to help with her mentality. 

7 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I get you but that's the whole reason I love him. Perfect sweet characters are boring. I want characters that fuck shit, they're mean, abrasive, and all that so they can slowly work to overcome those things by the end of the story. The flaws of a character are what make them interesting to me

The other are flawed too. Dimitri is just weak in my eyes. That man should have never had leadership over a country or a group of students. He still stays weak in my eyes after his arc is completed. He didnt manage to overcome anything by himself.

Day 1. Edelgard.                 

Day 2. Edelgard 

Day 3. Rhea

Day 4. Edelgard 

Day 5 (today). Edelgard 

Also did this occur to anyone else? I went to the ballot and I saw I could vote for day 6 and I normally went through the process of voting up until confirming my vote. Then it said an error occurred and put me back in the main page. 

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Everyone saying "well, no point in voting Marth/Eirika now..." THAT'S how Eliwood managed to get 2nd place last year. Just vote for Marth/Eirika if you want, leave the "no point now" stuff at the door! 😛

Yes!! Thank you for the positivity!! If you like Marth or Eirika, keep voting for them! Go, Eirika!!

7 hours ago, Benice said:

I'm gonna stay with Eirika all the way! (Other than my one other vote for Nealuchi.)

Speaking of staff users, Eirika could possibly get the Latona since it's the only Sacred twin not already in FEH. I suppose it could have an aoe healing effect, (like reyson does) as well as the generic dazzling staff /wrathful built in, perhaps another also. I don't think they'll put in the "Totally heals everyone on team" effect, sadly.

Voted for Eirika again!

I'll vote for her again tomorrow, then Nealuchi on day 7

Yes!! And yeah, she could absolutely get Latona and be the next F2P Goddess (in Phoenixmaster's words)! But don't forget that FE8's version of Excalibur is also up for grabs. They could do some really amazing things with that too (and still make her a F2P Goddess like Brave Micaiah!)

7 hours ago, Midnight Torch said:

Alright, Day 5 has arrived and my vote is going to Eirika. Sacred Stones was my first game and I want to see her shake up the results.

Yes!! Eirika love!! SS was my first game too, and here I am almost a decade later :'D

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Voted for Eirika today. I was going to vote her today anyway regardless of midterm results.

Yay!! 😄

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also did this occur to anyone else? I went to the ballot and I saw I could vote for day 6 and I normally went through the process of voting up until confirming my vote. Then it said an error occurred and put me back in the main page. 

Not for me, but I saw a screenshot of this happening to someone else earlier this week. Weird...

5 hours ago, Gordin said:

Day 1: Kieran

Day 2: Kieran

Day 3: Kieran

Day 4: Kieran

Day 5: Kieran

Gee I wonder what I'll pick tomorrow xD

I threw a vote to Kieran too! So awesome to see another person who wants him! He's my favorite Tellius character that isn't Ike or Elincia and I want him in the game almost as bad as I want Sylvain.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Also did this occur to anyone else? I went to the ballot and I saw I could vote for day 6 and I normally went through the process of voting up until confirming my vote. Then it said an error occurred and put me back in the main page

I have seen that this always happens, when I had voted on my Macbook and then looked on my battle ballot on my smartphone.
1290823489_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-26um15_48_11.png.3b351972180fabb9428471cf890c9cde.png

5 minutes ago, Morswo said:

I have seen that this always happens, when I had voted on my Macbook and then looked on my battle ballot on my smartphone.
1290823489_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-26um15_48_11.png.3b351972180fabb9428471cf890c9cde.png

This has happened today several times and it almost allowed me to vote that's why I thought it was worth sharing. I don't think it's supposed to be this way since it sometimes dissappears. 

Sometimes is it possible to vote with this, but it will have no effect. I did it just today and after voting for "day 6" there was just nothing changed. Perhaps you can change in this way your vote for the current day? I voted with this method for Lysithea, so it was not possible to see if it has any effect.

12 hours ago, Othin said:

Dark Spikes will probably be on regular Lysithea, so if she gets a Brave version, she'll need a different weapon for that one.

Another Asbel vote for me.

I mean, they also might give her a random new weapon which is essentially dark spikes, but with a different name and slightly better. I could honestly see dark spikes just being a +1 Mt wolf tome on OG Lysithea.

12 hours ago, Jave said:

Update:

Day 1: Laura

Next year, (WHEN Eirika makes it in this year,) My votes will all be going to Aran, Laura and Nealuchi.

7 hours ago, Gordin said:

Oscar, obviously.

Well my main account is still alternating between Claude and Marianne but I decided to vote incognito and with an alt because I really wanted spare some votes to other characters.

So far my incognito votes are Touma&Cain and Heath. Alt account has Cyril and Lorenz because even with recency bias I get the feeling they're not gonna place well at all but hopefully some support their way will get them into Heroes.

Alt will get a Manuela vote tomorrow to keep up with neglected 3H units I'd like to see. Not sure who I'll vote on incognito yet.

8 hours ago, Gordin said:

Touma&Cain? Because why vote for one red cav when you could vote for two?