Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

11 hours ago, Silver Lightning said:

Any tips on pulling for Legendaries in general then? I'm never sure if I should be color sniping and ensuring that I get the best odds possible for my color of choice at the expense of more orbs, or full pull as much as I can to build up the pity meter and save on orbs at the expense of getting other colors and, well, 'wasting' orbs. My luck can be very good or bad depending on the banner (lately its just been bad in general), but I suppose if I attempt this for one character at least it would be for him.

Since the discussion is about getting a +10, I assume you're asking about pulling for a single, specific Legendary Hero.

If you are pulling for a specific character (on any banner), it is always most efficient to snipe.

First off, building the pity rate by pulling all colors mathematically does nothing because the increase in the probability that you will be pitybroken by a 5-star character of the wrong color actually perfectly nullifies any gains you would have achieved in that way.

Additionally, every orb that you spend on the wrong color is an orb that has a 0% chance of getting you what you want, and the sheer number of orbs spent that way far exceeds the gains from building the pity rate because it builds so slowly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more day to go for Sugar Plums.

I did not vote for Edelgard, but I hope she can still maintain her lead! Black Eagles, keep voting for Her Imperial Highness!

11 hours ago, Silver Lightning said:

Any tips on pulling for Legendaries in general then? I'm never sure if I should be color sniping and ensuring that I get the best odds possible for my color of choice at the expense of more orbs, or full pull as much as I can to build up the pity meter and save on orbs at the expense of getting other colors and, well, 'wasting' orbs. My luck can be very good or bad depending on the banner (lately its just been bad in general), but I suppose if I attempt this for one character at least it would be for him.

If you are just starting out and you do not have a preferred playstyle or favorite character in mind, I recommend doing full summons on Legendary and Mythic Hero Foci for the best return on your Orbs.

These Foci generally feature good units, and even the duds (Ryoma: Supreme Samurai and Lyn: Lady of the Wind are the worst in my opinion) have some sort of niche or fodder. SS!Ryoma is one of the best Firesweep-Hit and Run sword flier due to his statline, with the closest competition being Zofia's Call Catria; Firesweep-Hit and Run is kind of niche, but if you cannot afford a ranged Firesweeper, you will have to make do with melee Firesweepers. LOTW!Lyn would have been utter and complete crap if she did not have Spd Tactic; if you need a combat unit, I would look elsewhere. She can be okay if you overhaul her skill set, but that applies to practically everyone.

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

One more day to go for Sugar Plums.

I did not vote for Edelgard, but I hope she can still maintain her lead! Black Eagles, keep voting for Her Imperial Highness!

Thanks for showing support, there is still one day left however, if you are unsure about that last vote you could help our Empress. 

24 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Thanks for showing support, there is still one day left however, if you are unsure about that last vote you could help our Empress. 

I just hope Eldie features an original or taken from someone else attire. Hell, she could do something related to her not so dead faith in Sothis in CF route. 

That does beg the question, what would the Three Houses lords actually get? I had always assumed their post timeskip selves would be Legendary versions. I guess they could go the parent/loved ones route again, though if Lysithea or Bernadetta win, it might be hard to stick to that theme.

For Dimitri it could be his promotion outfit that looks similar to that of his father. Edelgard could have either her promotion outfit or the one you fight her before the timeskip or her father's and be a mage or something. 

Edited by SuperNova125

24 minutes ago, Thane said:

That does beg the question, what would the Three Houses lords actually get? I had always assumed their post timeskip selves would be Legendary versions. I guess they could go the parent/loved ones route again, though if Lysithea or Bernadetta win, it might be hard to stick to that theme.

Their legendary version will almost certainly be armored lord/high lord/wyvern master so I really hope we get emperor/great lord/barbarossa (with dlc hair pls) otherwise those classes will probably end up like Ike's lord class and never represented anywhere.

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Their legendary version will almost certainly be armored lord/high lord/wyvern master so I really hope we get emperor/great lord/barbarossa (with dlc hair pls) otherwise those classes will probably end up like Ike's lord class and never represented anywhere.

here here for DLC Hair. 
though i was not fond of Claude's like. at all. so he can still be regular hair in that regard. 

(I kinda hope El is infantry but with monster armour like stats because if that's the case i wouldn't mind a few of her)

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(I kinda hope El is infantry but with monster armour like stats because if that's the case i wouldn't mind a few of her)

Just make her an armor unit with Armored Boots built in somewhere, like Darkness Within Y!Tiki, so that way, she gets access to stuff like Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte and Special Fighter.

I guess infantry can work too if she got guaranteed doubling and Spectrum Solo on the C slot to help increase her stats. And then Desert Mercenaries can turn her into cavalry unit, but she is a pony with armor like stats.

Edited by XRay

23 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Nah I think Emperor, Great Lord, and Barbarossa will be their Legendary versions and they'll do their normal timeskip versions on a regular banner. I can't see them making their normal timeskip versions Legendary only and people would absolutely pull on a banner with all 3.

Edited by Solaris998

13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

though i was not fond of Claude's like. at all. so he can still be regular hair in that regard. 

The only thing I dislike about his is that it's supposed to be for his timeskip self but he loses the facial hair he had.

4 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Nah I think Emperor, Great Lord, and Barbarossa will be their Legendary versions and they'll do their normal timeskip versions on a regular banner. I can't see them making their normal timeskip versions Legendary only and people would absolutely pull on a banner with all 3.

The lords get their promoted classes saved for legendary alts and the iconic classes of the 3H lords are armored lord/high lord/wyvern master because that's the class they are shown in the entirety of the timeskip and are the ones they will probably want to capitalize as their legendary alts.

I really don't think they'll just throw them on a non-legendary banner

14 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The lords get their promoted classes saved for legendary alts and the iconic classes of the 3H lords are armored lord/high lord/wyvern master because that's the class they are shown in the entirety of the timeskip and are the ones they will probably want to capitalize as their legendary alts.

I really don't think they'll just throw them on a non-legendary banner

Alm and Celica are never seen in their DLC Classes and those are still the Legendary variants

I'm expecting Great Lord/Barbarossa/Emperor as Legendary and the normal time skip classes as normal units~

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Alm and Celica are never seen in their DLC Classes and those are still the Legendary variants

Alm's and Celica's promoted classes have almost no difference to their base classes so it makes sense to use the dlc classes instead. And characters like Ryoma or Azura don't have a promoted class since they're already in one so it made sense to make something entirely new for it.

Edit: Alm and Celica

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170524104940

latest?cb=20170606074536

latest?cb=20170601123253

latest?cb=20170601123253 

There they are by the way for anyone who hasn't seen them. I personally can't point out any notable differences between them except the new red cape.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

9 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Alm's and Celica's promoted classes have almost no difference to their base classes so it makes sense to use the dlc classes instead. And a character like Ryoma don't have a promoted class since they're already in one so it made sense to make something entirely new for it.

Edit: Alm and Celica

Hide contents

latest?cb=20170524104940

latest?cb=20170606074536

latest?cb=20170601123253

latest?cb=20170601123253 

There they are by the way for anyone who hasn't seen them. I personally can't point out any notable differences between them except the new red cape.

The point is that they use outfits of them which are never seen in game, so the 3H Lords being seen more in the 2nd Classes than the Final Classes likely won't have much bearing on which they go with. I can't really see them going with the middle classes over the final ones.

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

The point is that they use outfits of them which are never seen in game, so the 3H Lords being seen more in the 2nd Classes than the Final Classes likely won't have much bearing on which they go with. I can't really see them going with the middle classes over the final ones.

We'll just have to agree to disagree because I can definitely see them ignoring the final classes in favor for their middle but I guess all we can do is wait and see how Heroes deals with it.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Just make her an armor unit with Armored Boots built in somewhere, like Darkness Within Y!Tiki, so that way, she gets access to stuff like Bold Fighter-Quick Riposte and Special Fighter.

I guess infantry can work too if she got guaranteed doubling and Spectrum Solo on the C slot to help increase her stats. And then Desert Mercenaries can turn her into cavalry unit, but she is a pony with armor like stats.

I think that as an armor unit with built in armored boots she would be more interesting as her normal version is pretty similar to what was described. 

Now, if Marth wins I would like him to be pant less of course and instead of a sword called falchion he could have one named blade of light to reference the title of the first game. It would be similar to a falchion appearance-wise (Like Roy's binding blade and dragobind). 

Edited by SuperNova125