Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

My last vote goes to Yashiro. This leaves my Battle Ballot as Travant, Asbel, Arion, Miranda, Azelle, Tina, and finally Yashiro. I will be lucky if any of my picks break the top 200. Now all that is left is to wait and see if the Brave Banner also happens to be this years Three Houses banner as well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed a day. Wasn't sure if I missed two days, which is why I saved my 2nd Zelgius vote for last in case I would otherwise have missed a vote for Eirika.

OWeHq9C.png

I was also pleased to realize that, this time, I could finally navigate the FEH CYL site without having to use the touchscreen. ^.^

I didn't log in for my votes.  So, the final result is:

Sedgar, Tomas, Marth, Eirika, Frost, Midir, Stefan

. . .at least I didn't have to vote for Lugh this time!

2 hours ago, Thane said:

If "Sugar Plums" is Plumeria, then she might get the Veronica effect. Plus, she was highly ranked after only 2.5 days. She might do really well. 

I hope so, but Three Houses seems to be very popular too, so I am not too confident Plumeria can make it to the top two.

5 hours ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Aw, thanks again! True. Like I said, I couldn't think of anyone else to base it off of.

Some characters are just too great to ignore. To be honest, I thought I'd get flak for a whole business week's worth of my picks being from the 3DS games.

They may not get enough votes for a Brave version anymore, but hopefully when they run out of Awakening/Fates units to implement, they can start giving them their promotional alts! (Although Kinshi Knight Hinoka was not exactly what I had in mind)

Well said! Nothing ever wrong with liking or voting for a character though, and anyone who likes/votes for my Awakening/Fates babies are cool in my book!

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Original plan was to vote for people still in contention with my last three votes. Seeing all the rallying around and use of anonymous voting though disabused me of the notion that I could influence the outcome in any way. In the end I just chose whoever for the rest of the event.

Yeah all the anonymous voting does really make one feel why they are participating. The winners are likely to be who has the fans are most willing to abuse the system rather than the popularity contest folks tend to few it as.

Anyways I ended up rallying around Eirika. Probably won't make a difference, but many of my other vote preferences would probably be way down anyways. So my non-Eirika votes were Rapheal and Rinkah. Huh. They are both R names. Fancy that.

4 hours ago, Seafarer said:

Elders represent! I saw people calling for Nealuchi and Frost, and they fit my theme, so there you go

I'm glad so many people have joined my cause to get Frost out of last place (shut up, I totally am important enough to call it my cause)! I know we're, like, four people, but that's still a lot more than he got last time. So I'm happy!

Anyway, aside from the Frost votes and a few I threw at Marth (as much as I don't like Heroes, I'll admit it would quite please me if he beat Claude here), my final vote line-up looks like this: Arran, Tomas, Matthis, Malice, Hanneman, Lot, Xavier.

...well, that was fun. Maybe I'll participate again next year. Despite the whole, y'know, "I don't even like Heroes" tidbit.

All my votes were between Claude and Lysithea, with one vote in the 2nd day for Anna, but I gave up to vote for her after the midterm results.

9 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I play from day 1 and I never remember how long it takes for them to show the winners. Is it supposed to be this week or does it take a while?

Around Feb 1st and Feb 2nd

7 hours ago, Ranulfo said:

I would say about ten lol Thank you for cheering for her so enthusiastically or maybe I would've chosen to pour it all on Lysithea instead to keep her second place. It really helps boost morale when you see a lot of support for the character you want to win. Let's see where she places in the end!

Yes!!! I'm so happy I motivated you to vote for Eirika, thank you so so much!!

6 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Went all Eirika!

Yay!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Eirika

Yay!!! 😄

4 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I missed a day. Wasn't sure if I missed two days, which is why I saved my 2nd Zelgius vote for last in case I would otherwise have missed a vote for Eirika.

OWeHq9C.png

I was also pleased to realize that, this time, I could finally navigate the FEH CYL site without having to use the touchscreen. ^.^

Yes, thank you for voting for Eirika too!!

2 hours ago, Usana said:

Anyways I ended up rallying around Eirika. Probably won't make a difference, but many of my other vote preferences would probably be way down anyways. So my non-Eirika votes were Rapheal and Rinkah. Huh. They are both R names. Fancy that.

Yes!! Thank you sooo much!!!

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

I play from day 1 and I never remember how long it takes for them to show the winners. Is it supposed to be this week or does it take a while?

The results come out on Feb 1st. That's just three days after the polls close!

I hope we won't have to wait too long for the results to be out.

This was the first time I put all my votes on the same character, and I don't know if I can say I liked or not as I wanted to support some other characters. Hopefully next round I won't feel the need to place all my votes on the same character again.

11 minutes ago, Ashe02 said:

I hope we won't have to wait too long for the results to be out.

Like Diovani said, it'll probably be on the first or second of February like previous years. We've no reason to believe anything else to me knowledge at least. 

I'm expecting very different results than the midterm polls showed due to how early they revealed  them. 

23 minutes ago, Thane said:

Like Diovani said, it'll probably be on the first or second of February like previous years. We've no reason to believe anything else to me knowledge at least. 

I'm expecting very different results than the midterm polls showed due to how early they revealed  them. 

me too. 
I'm expecting some kind of upset. 
but ideally not dimitri. 

:SharenaWink:

I’ve been thinking about how could this turn into an “upset” banner: since I consider that it’s almost impossible that Dimitri isn’t 1st in males, it would be pretty funny to see results like: 

Males: 1st Dimitri, 2nd Seliph/Chrom

Females: 1st Silly Bernie, 2nd Plumeria

However, I don’t really expect Edelgard to be pushed out of top 2. 

Just now, Thane said:

I think this is the biggest danger to Dimitri, everyone thinking his win is a given. 

Well, I’m considering it due to the amount of votes showed for him everywhere since mid-terms, not based on the mid-term results

8 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Well, I’m considering it due to the amount of votes showed for him everywhere since mid-terms, not based on the mid-term results

Hah, if that's the case then I'd go with Marth, Eirika, and Bernadetta for sure. 

Here's my final ballet. The dream with Anna seems to unfortunately be dead especially since she finally got an alt a few weeks ago.

Since Bernie was the only one whose pretime skip version was winning I thought that would make the probable 3 houses sweep be slightly more interesting.

Either way her or Lysithea coming in 2nd place atleast adds a non-lord character to CYL for the first time which is cool to me.

532911478_ScreenShot2020-01-28at8_14_05AM.png.cef1381001e68da1d3aa523aba7642e0.png

My final vote and ballot. Let it not be said that I am not devoted to the character who is easily in the running for my favorite character in the series. I probably wont spend all 7 votes on the same person again like this, but holy crap Dimitri deserved all of them. Here's hoping there's nothing to worry about and my boy wins, and wins at first place!

Screenshot_20200128-015130_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Silver Lightning

41 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Either way her or Lysithea coming in 2nd place atleast adds a non-lord character to CYL for the first time which is cool to me.

Why does everyone seem to forget Veronica and Camilla? I see this happen all the time on Reddit and Twitter, it's bizarre xD

47 minutes ago, Thane said:

Eirika

I'm obviously gunning for Eirika to pull an upset, but it'd be nice for Marth to get his chance too~

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm obviously gunning for Eirika to pull an upset, but it'd be nice for Marth to get his chance too~

I want more side characters in the top, so if I had to go for an upset option, I'd want Marianne. I'll settle for A!Tiki in the top 20 and Soren in the top 10 though.