Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I am not sure about tanking blue mages, although I guess it depends on the mode. For Aether Raids, I do not think ASS!Berkut is going to cut it for tanking nukes since it is difficult to get his Spd or visible Res up. I do not think he is suited for Counter-Vantage unless you bring heavy support with 1 or 2 AMH!Hectors, and Counter-Vantage does not work in Abyssal due to high bulk and frequent reinforcements.

I'm just speaking from my own personal experience with him. Can't wait to get him merges! (I also got lucky in getting a +atk one.)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I'm just speaking from my own personal experience with him. Can't wait to get him merges! (I also got lucky in getting a +atk one.)

I generally avoid Vantage since most non mages cannot achieve the high Atk that is necessary to make Vantage reliable enough for Aether Raids; the unit needs to hit at least 85 Atk at +0 to be somewhat usable, preferably 90 Atk for practical reliability. I do not think I have ever seen Counter-Vantage being used successfully for Abyssal.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

On the female side of things, I'm predicting that Eirika was successfully rallied to second,

Yes!!!!!!!

Speaking of, Sharena just added a bunch of FE8 characters to Meet the Heroes. Coincidence? I think not!

27 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Speaking of, Sharena just added a bunch of FE8 characters to Meet the Heroes. Coincidence? I think not!

Actually, given the art and such that go into those, I think that may have been planned well before the final votes were in.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Or, you know... She is going in game release order. The last game she added was Blazing Blade, and Scred Stones is next on the list.

Geez, my friend... RELAX!!! You are more desperate than, well... a desperate person! You will have the results in a couple of days, being the result you want or not. Honestly, I hope you don't get disappointed, because the way you are desperately campaigning for Eirika looks like you will be devastated if she didn't reach 2nd place.

Dimitri can fly, they give him built in Iotes or something. y'all know how i ❤️ my fliers 
actually. Griffin Loog inspired Dimtiri is intriguing. 

@Landmaster - combat dancers are our thing.  . @XRay, all of my dancers can combat and support at the same time. (except for Peony because she's a noodle, but i only have 2 of her so that shall change). 

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Actually, given the art and such that go into those, I think that may have been planned well before the final votes were in.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Or, you know... She is going in game release order. The last game she added was Blazing Blade, and Scred Stones is next on the list.

Yeah, I realised that right after posting 😛 Still hopeful though!

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Geez, my friend... RELAX!!! You are more desperate than, well... a desperate person! You will have the results in a couple of days, being the result you want or not. Honestly, I hope you don't get disappointed, because the way you are desperately campaigning for Eirika looks like you will be devastated if she didn't reach 2nd place.

Thanks for looking out for me! I'll try to keep my emotions in check 🙂

But I suppose now's a good time to go on record and say I wish IS would expand CYL to more than just the top 4, regardless of who actually wins~

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

But I suppose now's a good time to go on record and say I wish IS would expand CYL to more than just the top 4, regardless of who actually wins~

Legendary Type Banner, with the top 6 Males and Females, lets goooooooooo!

54 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, I realised that right after posting 😛 Still hopeful though!

Thanks for looking out for me! I'll try to keep my emotions in check 🙂

i don't. it's a contest. best 4 wins. it doesn't need to be expanded. 

52 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I would be glad, if they would do it. IS could release one banner for the top 3 females and one for the males.
So I would perhaps get Lysithea and Eirika, for the latter I voted in CYL2&3 always on my private browser.

1 hour ago, Morswo said:

IS could release one banner for the top 3 females and one for the males.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

1 hour ago, Morswo said:

Eirika, for the latter I voted in CYL2&3 always on my private browser.

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, Morswo said:

I would be glad, if they would do it. IS could release one banner for the top 3 females and one for the males.
So I would perhaps get Lysithea and Eirika, for the latter I voted in CYL2&3 always on my private browser.

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Thank you!!

again no. - I think that would be horrible. 
as it is right now, we get 4 new heroes with busted kits/new outfits a year. who barely show up as it is. They don't have many Heroes w/banners, and aren't on legendary very often. And we can't always count that there will be a hero fest. so you have (really) two guaranteed times (debut and repeat on CYL banners) to get what you want - and you want to split it via gender and have another banner

How it is, is perfectly fine. 

two male winners
two female winners. 
you won the contest, there doesn't really need to be any changes made to it (maybe more of how more available they can be). but they don't have to make these rule changes to include more. then honestly it ruins the specialness of it. 

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Nope. Holy Knights also use magic, remember? Cavalry mage, probably blue for light magic. I know his spell pool is small, but they could make it so he can use Aura or something. 

This word here is the problematic one, not the weapon~

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

How it is, is perfectly fine. 

two male winners
two female winners. 
you won the contest, there doesn't really need to be any changes made to it (maybe more of how more available they can be). but they don't have to make these rule changes to include more. then honestly it ruins the specialness of it. 

Yeah, I’m pretty sure people mostly only want an expansion just so their character who is always the bridesmaid but never the bride (like Eirika incidentally) can actually win.

No thanks. This event shouldn’t be handing out “oh well, at least you tried” rewards too. You either place within the top two of your gender or you don’t and receive nothing.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

but never the bride (like Eirika incidentally)

Funny, she is a Bride in Awakening... lol And the character to introduce the class entirely.

Edited by Anacybele

26 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure people mostly only want an expansion just so their character who is always the bridesmaid but never the bride (like Eirika incidentally) can actually win.

No thanks. This event shouldn’t be handing out “oh well, at least you tried” rewards too. You either place within the top two of your gender or you don’t and receive nothing.

That is exactly it. I'm not very much participation/honourable mention credits. Now if they tied that would be an interesting thing to see how that was handled, but there doesn't need to be concessions made for those who weren't in the top 2 of your gender. 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

This word here is the problematic one, not the weapon~

lol. problematic is a nice way of putting it. 

truthfully, i am expecting no more Horsies. Academy phase makes sense because he is strong in it but i dunno anyone who put him on a horse once he became all timeskipped. 

Hmm more options? I'm impressed that there are so many characters available for voting. Still, there are a couple I'd like to see be votable, even though it's unlikely as heck.

For example, I want the gate guard from 3H. The voicing for that dude is awesome (at one point in particular the way he delivered his lines really touched my heart) and I've grown pretty attached. I didn't see him available for voting, though...

22 hours ago, trainer_derp said:

If the results are going to be put on the website early again this year, I'd expect them around late 30th or early 31st. Iirc, that's when they leaked last year as well. 

I can't find who said it, but someone said the results may come out on Friday so that IS won't have to do anything over the weekends, which I think is a solid point (I mean, that's why the midterms came out so early, right?) In that case the results may leak a day earlier too. Hmm...

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I can't find who said it, but someone said the results may come out on Friday so that IS won't have to do anything over the weekends, which I think is a solid point (I mean, that's why the midterms came out so early, right?) In that case the results may leak a day earlier too. Hmm...

Huh I didn't even think about that being the reason the midterms came out early. It... actually makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm more options? I'm impressed that there are so many characters available for voting. Still, there are a couple I'd like to see be votable, even though it's unlikely as heck.

For example, I want the gate guard from 3H. The voicing for that dude is awesome (at one point in particular the way he delivered his lines really touched my heart) and I've grown pretty attached. I didn't see him available for voting, though...

He wasn't. 

Also - he's voiced by Kyle McClarely (aka Alm!)

9 minutes ago, trainer_derp said:

Huh I didn't even think about that being the reason the midterms came out early. It... actually makes sense. 

Yeah, assuming CYL starts on the 22nd next year too it means we'll probably get the midterms on Day 4 again since they won't need to rush it out then (the 22nd is a Friday).

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

He wasn't.

A real shame!

On the other hand, he probably would have ended up in the Top 20 if he was an option. And if you thought the midterm chaos was bad before...

8 hours ago, XRay said:

For Aether Raids, I do not think ASS!Berkut is going to cut it for tanking nukes since it is difficult to get his Spd or visible Res up

Phrasing, dear.  😛

Lest I start asking you about your opinion of what makes a guy cute~!

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I should start calling it Scared Stones.  😛

---

I think the results will be announced on the next FEH Channel. . .which means, everyone behave yourselves~!  I'm bound to check SF eventually, and I will not be afraid to hand out warnings should things get out of hand!

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think the results will be announced on the next FEH Channel. . .

Has CYL ever been part of a FEH Channel before? I thought the results were exclusively revealed via Twitter/ in-game notifications. In fact I remember people joking that last year's FEH Channel came out the next day specifically to wash away the reactions to the results.