Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

truthfully, i am expecting no more Horsies. Academy phase makes sense because he is strong in it but i dunno anyone who put him on a horse once he became all timeskipped. 

*quietly raises hand* Uhh...I liked how he looked in the armor? Especially without the eyepatch and with a ponytail? ☺

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, silverserpent said:

*quietly raises hand* Uhh...I liked how he looked in the armor? Especially without the eyepatch and with a ponytail? ☺

wait. He loses the eyepatch? How? What trickery is this? I know the hair, but not the no eyepatch!
(also  - for me i always kept him in Great Lord because of the awesomeness. (also he led his flying valkeries on foot). 

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

wait. He loses the eyepatch? How? What trickery is this? I know the hair, but not the no eyepatch!
(also  - for me i always kept him in Great Lord because of the awesomeness. (also he led his flying valkeries on foot). 

NG+ pre-timeskip you can put him in his older look and he doesn't have the eyepatch. Also I vary, sometimes I keep him in his canon class, sometimes I put him on a pony.

@daisy jane Yeah, NG+ gives you different skins for the three lords and the option to use Academy or War skins for the other characters. Dimitri is the ponytail and no eyepatch, Edelgard is a long side-ponytail, and Claude wears 

Spoiler

Almyran Regalia.

Put in spoilers just in case there's a portion of players that haven't gotten to that part yet.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

CF spoilers

Spoiler

I find it interesting that Dimitri doesn't wear an eye patch in CF... it's like he didn't go quite the same "path" he did in VW or AM. Same hair, though, they just edit the patch out of his portrait!

~

Anyway, hypothetical situation, I would love if they one day release a version of the TH lords from a world where nothing tragic ever occurred. May or may not be the brave versions, but it could be Edelgard 

Spoiler

with brown hair, never experimented on;

Dimitri without the Tragedy of Duscar having taken place; and, Claude never having experienced feeling like an outsider because 

Spoiler

of his Almyran heritage.

They all take on their roles / future titles never having faced much personal strife, or perhaps never have even attended the Academy.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Right. And people want it expanded because some of their favourites might not win. And then where do you draw the line – Next year when you have say the top 3, and favourite is #4 and #5 do we complain about how unfair that is, and we should have the top 5 people in each division win? Or 10 Where do you draw the line of expansion? Why remove the specialness out of it?  Like then why bother having CYL at all where you vote to who wins if we’re just going to toss out “well you were close yeah we’ll let you in too?” everytime the voting doesn’t look relatively kosher to our liking? Because that’s exactly what will happen.

Preferably no line, and we keep expanding the number of winners. I do not see how expanding the number of winners would remove anything special from it. First place winners are still first place and they get their exclusive skill. Second place winners get nothing special; every New Hero and half their moms these days get exclusive Weapons, and oftentimes just as good if not better than CYL Weapons. Laevatein, Ares, Aversa, and Kronya got some pretty bullshit level Weapons; one of them is a demote, two of them are completely free, and none of them are CYL winners. Having CYL basically forces the developers to include certain characters into the game. With Farfetched Heroes/Brave Redux not being a thing, expanding CYL winners is a good idea in my opinion. Quite a few players are frustrated that their favorite characters are still not in the game yet, so expanding CYL will help those characters get in sooner.

All my favorite characters are already in the game or I know they will be included eventually, so whether or not my favorite character wins does not really matter for me, although I guess it still would not matter if they are not in the game since I rarely use my favorite characters anyways. However, it would really matter for players who do not have their favorite characters in yet, especially if they place a higher priority in using favorites over game play reasons. I want Heroes to be even more successful, and while I know they would not lose me as a customer anytime soon, I am more concerned about them losing other players who have experienced and expressed lots of frustration with their favorites not being in the game after like 3 years now.

I guess it would still technically matter for me if Azura or Plumeria wins, assuming the developers are going to improve upon them, but their current versions are already pretty busted, so seeing them win would be nice but it is not really a necessary.

One of my very favourite units might not even make it to top 10, and my favourite woman vote will not win, but all that means is that next year ill hope that they will. And if it means it won’t happen next year then oh well. Why ask for a rule change simply because my unit isn’t placing well enough to actually win?  

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

I hope that they never expand it to top 3. Top 2 is fine as it is. I don’t care about who deserves anything, if X character isn’t in top 2 that year, it means that there hasn’t been enough support and that it doesn’t deserve a CYL alt that year.

It does not hurt to improve the experience. Arena and Voting Gauntlet has a bunch of changes over the years. Voting Gauntlet in particular has lots of players whining about popular characters curb stomping the competition when it first came out, so the developers changed the rules to allow less popular characters a chance to win.

I doubt very much IntSys will even contemplate.

We can always send feedback. Relay Defense was so poorly received that the developers withdrew the mode altogether despite trying to improve the mode a few times. For them to outright remove a mode was unheard of, so I imagine that they must have received a ton of hate mail regarding the mode.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Anyway, hypothetical situation, I would love if they one day release a version of the TH lords from a world where nothing tragic ever occurred.

If nothing tragic ever occurred then at least one, possibly two of the lords would never have been heir to their realms in the first place.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Reveal hidden contents

If nothing tragic ever occurred then at least one, possibly two of the lords would never have been heir to their realms in the first place.

Well that'd just be interesting for its own reasons 🙂

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Reveal hidden contents

How about. . .

Spoiler

Edelgard's siblings die of some sickness-or-other instead, so she no longer has a reason to want everyone in the church dead.  She survived because she happened to be visiting Faerghus when the plague broke out, and the message to stay there got to her in time.  Thus, she's also on good terms with Dimitri.

Dimitri's biggest downfall is dancing, something that Edelgard's naturally better at.  He, in turn, spars with he regularly.  The two have a friendly rivalry, since the number of sparring matches each has won is equal.

Claude is the emissary that's familiar with the other two.  His mother made frequent diplomatic trips, and always insisted on bringing her son along, so he'd know what to expect out of Fodlan.  Being the heir of two different nations is something he doesn't divulge, but he'll gladly out-shoot Edelgard and Dimitri.  He's also the one that got them into trouble while they were younger.

Several weird coincidences occurred five years after graduation - Arianhod was wiped off the map, the weird plague resurfaced in Enbarr, and people are up in arms over Claude being half Almyrian.  The three meet back at the monastery where it all began, and divide up the tasks equally - Edelgard's troops will help out Claude, since she has allies there.  Claude's forces are airborne, so they'll assist Dimitri in his investigation.  Dimitri's forces will help out in Enbarr, since they are familiar enough with the last time the plague came around their parts.  Through each piece of the puzzle, they'll learn of the Slithers, find traces of them within their own ranks. . .and then Three Houses REALLY begins.

. . .what do you mean, rewrote the plot?

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

How about. . .

Reveal hidden contents

Edelgard's siblings die of some sickness-or-other instead, so she no longer has a reason to want everyone in the church dead.  She survived because she happened to be visiting Faerghus when the plague broke out, and the message to stay there got to her in time.  Thus, she's also on good terms with Dimitri.

Dimitri's biggest downfall is dancing, something that Edelgard's naturally better at.  He, in turn, spars with he regularly.  The two have a friendly rivalry, since the number of sparring matches each has won is equal.

Claude is the emissary that's familiar with the other two.  His mother made frequent diplomatic trips, and always insisted on bringing her son along, so he'd know what to expect out of Fodlan.  Being the heir of two different nations is something he doesn't divulge, but he'll gladly out-shoot Edelgard and Dimitri.  He's also the one that got them into trouble while they were younger.

Several weird coincidences occurred five years after graduation - Arianhod was wiped off the map, the weird plague resurfaced in Enbarr, and people are up in arms over Claude being half Almyrian.  The three meet back at the monastery where it all began, and divide up the tasks equally - Edelgard's troops will help out Claude, since she has allies there.  Claude's forces are airborne, so they'll assist Dimitri in his investigation.  Dimitri's forces will help out in Enbarr, since they are familiar enough with the last time the plague came around their parts.  Through each piece of the puzzle, they'll learn of the Slithers, find traces of them within their own ranks. . .and then Three Houses REALLY begins.

. . .what do you mean, rewrote the plot?

What do you mean? I'd find that infinitely more fun than slogging through two routes I am currently disliking/loathing with burning passion.

Just now, silverserpent said:

What do you mean? I'd find that infinitely more fun than slogging through two routes I am currently disliking/loathing with burning passion.

If I cared more about the characters, I'd write it all out as a long fic.  But I'm slacking on my Fates one, and that's gonna get done before I attempt anything else!

5 hours ago, SockPuppet said:
Spoiler

I find it interesting that Dimitri doesn't wear an eye patch in CF... it's like he didn't go quite the same "path" he did in VW or AM. Same hair, though, they just edit the patch out of his portrait

Spoiler

Cornelia's coup never happened on that route. Turns out not having your last blood-relative killed, being accused of the murder, seeing your devoted boy- bodyguard seemingly (or literally) die for you, and then being forced to live on the run for half a decade does wonders for your mental stability. Dimitri overall is in a much better state on that route (until he dies anyway).

Edited by Nanima

Backtracking to the "when will the results come out" discussion real quick: if we assume they'll be out tomorrow so that IS won't have to do anything over the weekend, it's possible the results will leak in a few hours if they update their site the same way as last year (i.e. updating their CSS).

Actually, I just checked what happened last year. If things stay the same IS will update their site within the hour as of my posting this (again assuming the results are being revealed tomorrow). Weird how time flies...

It's possible they can leak any time, really. If the Results are posted tomorrow, I don't really expect them to leak until then, but it's possible we see it today. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I guess they can be Monday.

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's possible they can leak any time, really. If the Results are posted tomorrow, I don't really expect them to leak until then, but it's possible we see it today. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I guess they can be Monday.

I guess it boils down to how long it takes to tally the results. If it's as quick as people think it is, it'll be Friday. If not, you're right that they'll probably wait until Monday instead. We'll see!

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

Considering that we had mid-term results 2.5 days after the poll began, I guess that the only excuse not to post them tomorrow is to attach them to someting related to the anniversary

It's possible. On the other hand though, it may be wise to distance the reveal from the anniversary stuff. CYL is always touchy, so it might not be a good idea to attach it to the celebration of another year of FEH 😛

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I don't expect they'll be stapled on to anything about the Anniversary (no real reason to) so it's most likely they'll be up tomorrow~

Yeah... And I suppose a lack of leak could just mean they learned from what happened last year and not that the reveal has been delayed or anything. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah... And I suppose a lack of leak could just mean they learned from what happened last year and not that the reveal has been delayed or anything. Thanks!

That or they changed their coding/naming conventions in some way so it's not easily discoverable (though it's probably unlikely since it's both easier to keep everything consistent with the sites and IS doesn't seem to care all that much about stuff getting leaked). There's no real reason to delay the results, I don't expect them any later than Monday.

17 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That or they changed their coding/naming conventions in some way so it's not easily discoverable (though it's probably unlikely since it's both easier to keep everything consistent with the sites and IS doesn't seem to care all that much about stuff getting leaked). There's no real reason to delay the results, I don't expect them any later than Monday.

Funny thing about that: IS actually changed the URL style of the CYL site. For CYL2 it was "events.feh" with "vote2" as a separate folder while CYL got its own domains for years 3 and 4. The stylesheet system stayed the same though, so you're right about that. As I said, I just thought it was funny 😛

18 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That or they changed their coding/naming conventions in some way so it's not easily discoverable (though it's probably unlikely since it's both easier to keep everything consistent with the sites and IS doesn't seem to care all that much about stuff getting leaked).

They already obfuscated the URLs for the character introduction pages after people found character pages before banners were announced.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They already obfuscated the URLs for the character introduction pages after people found character pages before banners were announced.

This was after the FE6 banner wasn't it? Good point, I completely forgot about that. Thanks!