Choose Your Legends Round 4 Official Discussion Thread!

DefyingFates

Will you vote in CYL Round 4?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Where will your votes go?

• I'm not voting.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Three Houses character/s.
    • I'm (mostly) voting for a Heroes OC/s.
    • I'm voting for someone from an earlier game.

So looking at the official results and the amount of 3H votes makes it really difficult to predict what will happen next year since all those votes that went to Lys, El, Claude and Dimitri will go to other characters. 

Who I'll support will depend on who gets in this year. Tine has been rising throughout the years and this year she's been getting close to getting 1.000 votes. I might help her if she doesn't get added this year but if she does get added Eirika will get my votes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edward got in top 200 this time. I will keep voting for him until he is in game. 

Ryoma is my favorite lord but he got many alts already so I'm fine. But would be better if Ryoma fans will help out next year for his Brave alt.

7 hours ago, Silver Lightning said:

I'll probably toss her (and Eirika) a few votes for good measure.

2 hours ago, Strullemia said:

I might help her if she doesn't get added this year but if she does get added Eirika will get my votes.

Thank you both so so much!! Here's to her winning CYL 5!

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, maybe a bit early, but I'm just gonna go ahead and predict that the winners of CYL 5 will be Eirika and Byleth for the female division, and Marth and Chrom for the male division (sorry, Seliph).

That's the dream! Ideally Eirika would get first (Marth being first is pretty much guaranteed outside a surprise FE4 remake), but at this point I'll take what I can get. The women's side is a bit more unpredictable than the men's though. I don't want to reopen that can o' worms again but the fanservice/ waifu factor is very real. I don't think that's why Edelgard won of course - far from it, in fact! - I just think it's something to look out for. I don't need to give any examples now, do I?

Edited by DefyingFates

It makes me really happy to see Bernadetta, Dimitri, Marianne, Edelgard, etc... get ranked so high when Three Houses is much more recent than the other games and the hype period has likely worn off for most people by now. The fact that these characters STILL rank at the top shows you that Three Houses for me and most people Three Houses was extremely enjoyable and well executed, despite its flaws.

It's so good that I almost don't even want another fire emblem game, just so I can continue playing and appreciating three houses more!

Now let's hope the fanbase doesn't pull a sonic adventure on us, and starts saying the game is terrible all of a suddden like mekkah with his "byelth bad" video XD 

Edited by Dinar87

3 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

Now let's hope the fanbase doesn't pull a sonic adventure on us, and starts saying the game is terrible all of a suddden like mekkah with his "byelth bad" video XD

I know people have genuine complaints with the game, but give it a few years before hating 3H becomes "the cool thing to do" just like Sonic Adventure 😛

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I know people have genuine complaints with the game, but give it a few years before hating 3H becomes "the cool thing to do" just like Sonic Adventure 😛

Ehh I wouldn’t say that necessarily. 3H is a legitimately a good game. Sure over time it’s flaws will become more apparent but overall, I think it will stand the test of time unlike say echoes however where I’m starting to see more hate towards that game than praise nowadays 

22 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Ehh I wouldn’t say that necessarily. 3H is a legitimately a good game. Sure over time it’s flaws will become more apparent but overall, I think it will stand the test of time unlike say echoes however where I’m starting to see more hate towards that game than praise nowadays 

I hope so. It's a great game, it really is.

Now that we know Lysithea's coming to FEH, I wanted to know how many people who voted for 3H characters did so simply to get them into the game vs those who specifically wanted them to get Brave alts. Just out of curiosity, because it'll be an interesting thought experiment to see if someone lower down the ranks (like Marianne or Dorothea) would have won instead if the new banner had been revealed sooner.

P.S. This isn't stickied anymore. It makes sense, what with CYL being over and all, but still. Having a stickied post was nice while it lasted!

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Now that we know Lysithea's coming to FEH, I wanted to know how many people who voted for 3H characters did so simply to get them into the game vs those who specifically wanted them to get Brave alts.

I voted for her, to get brave Lysithea. Considering that she actually won, I think there were many with the same intention, since the midterms were revealed, it was clear that she had a good spot to get in the game. I don't now exactly how many were voting to get her simply in the game,  but I think Bernadetta and the other 3H characters missing in the game, had all a huge part of their votes, because they are not in yet.

34 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Now that we know Lysithea's coming to FEH, I wanted to know how many people who voted for 3H characters did so simply to get them into the game vs those who specifically wanted them to get Brave alts. Just out of curiosity, because it'll be an interesting thought experiment to see if someone lower down the ranks (like Marianne or Dorothea) would have won instead if the new banner had been revealed sooner.

Probably depends on the character. Hilda is already in and still got 10th. Lysithea is still crazy popular, so she still probably would have been a contender. Bernadetta, too. Marianne is decently popular, Dorothea is in the West but not so much Japan~ I don't think this would have changed much overall~

14 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I don't think this would have changed much overall~

Perhaps, but if Bernie isn't in the banner I think she could have taken the #2 spot. And if she's in it too it MAY have gone to Byleth, but you're right that Bernie and Lysithea are pretty popular whether they're in FEH or not.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Perhaps, but if Bernie isn't in the banner I think she could have taken the #2 spot. And if she's in it too it MAY have gone to Byleth, but you're right that Bernie and Lysithea are pretty popular whether they're in FEH or not.

I think Byleth probably would have taken #2 if they were in the game already. Even if just Lys was in, I think she probably could have beaten Bernie, but this is just speculation on my part~ They likely would have still made up the Top 4.

9 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

They likely would have still made up the Top 4.

I know. As I said, this is just a thought experiment 🙂 I mean, I can't help remembering how Eirika's CYL chances tanked because she got an alt partway through voting in 2018, so I'm curious if we would have gotten a repeat of that too 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I know. As I said, this is just a thought experiment 🙂 I mean, I can't help remembering how Eirika's CYL chances tanked because she got an alt partway through voting in 2018, so I'm curious if we would have gotten a repeat of that too 😛

Hmm, probably not, if I had to guess, a lot of voters did still want the brave alts. If their votes did drop, I think it would have ended as: Edelgard, F!Byleth, Lysithea, Bernadetta, etc. But looking at the numbers, I would assume something like that wouldn't have affected the final standings since Lys and Bernie were still quite ahead of F!Byleth.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Hmm, probably not, if I had to guess, a lot of voters did still want the brave alts. If their votes did drop, I think it would have ended as: Edelgard, F!Byleth, Lysithea, Bernadetta, etc. But looking at the numbers, I would assume something like that wouldn't have affected the final standings since Lys and Bernie were still quite ahead of F!Byleth.

Yeah...

I really did come around to the 3H CYL sweep, but the Lysithea tease just brought back some bad memories is all 😛 Thanks for humouring me!

13 hours ago, Strullemia said:

So looking at the official results and the amount of 3H votes makes it really difficult to predict what will happen next year since all those votes that went to Lys, El, Claude and Dimitri will go to other characters. 

Who I'll support will depend on who gets in this year. Tine has been rising throughout the years and this year she's been getting close to getting 1.000 votes. I might help her if she doesn't get added this year but if she does get added Eirika will get my votes.

Would you have preferred if Lysithea got number one and Edelgard second or the current results more? 

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Now that we know Lysithea's coming to FEH, I wanted to know how many people who voted for 3H characters did so simply to get them into the game vs those who specifically wanted them to get Brave alts. 

I voted for Bernadetta this year because I wanted Brave Bernadetta and I’ll stick with her next year. 

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I hope so. It's a great game, it really is.

P.S. This isn't stickied anymore. It makes sense, what with CYL being over and all, but still. Having a stickied post was nice while it lasted!

Brave Alt. Lysithea was going to be popular enough to get in the game no matter what, that much I was sure off but when I saw that she had a chance of getting a Brave alt I had to help out.

21 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Would you have preferred if Lysithea got number one and Edelgard second or the current results more? 

Huh, if I have to answer I suppose I would have preferred Lys to be number one. I'm sure that most people would want their favorite character to be as high as possible but I'm fine with it either way. It's not something that even came to mind when the midterm results were released.

8 hours ago, Dinar87 said:

It makes me really happy to see Bernadetta, Dimitri, Marianne, Edelgard, etc... get ranked so high when Three Houses is much more recent than the other games and the hype period has likely worn off for most people by now. 

are you implying that you expected 3H's recency not to be a pro, but a con?

because if that's so, i think you're part of a VERY small minority

anyway, Rhea gained 1 position, going from 18th to 17th, not bad at all, but i'd have been happier if she was a bit higher, although i'm not complaining

i'm saving orbs for her so that i'm ready to summon her as soon as she gets added... so i don't know if i should hope for her to get added either sooner or later

i guess later would be the best scenario, so that i can gather more orbs and maybe get more copies of her

eh, i just hope she'll make it in, she doesn't deserve to be so shafted

Edited by Yexin

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Echoes isn't a bad game though.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wish the CYL 4 website told how many votes each version of 3H characters received. I would like to know the difference of votes between Academy Phase and War Phase.

I think the datamine had that information, didn't it?