What if instead of Sinnoh remakes...we got Sinnoh SEQUELS?

Anacybele

Hate to be a parrot, (actually I'm lying) but allow me to repeat some words of wisdom for our arguing friends:

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

This week has been hellish for the mods.  Don't make it any worse, please and thanks

Perhaps just agree to disagree and leave it alone.

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I would love this, as long as they would raise the exp rate a bit. Leveling up is boring in those games.

Yeah, leveling up was kind of slow there, though HGSS made it worse imo. Because the highest level wild Pokemon in those games were over ten levels lower than the highest level wild Pokemon you can find in the Sinnoh games. 😕

18 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

You’re missing my point. Unova being overly simple and boring made it easy to add new areas to it without making it more complicated than it needed to be. Unova is simple so adding more to it and changing up the progression of things only helped alleviate the problems with that simplicity and made the region more interesting to explore through. Sinnoh on the other hand is already complex enough as it is with all its caves, dead ends, rivers, lakes, excessive number of towns, and unnecessary backtracking. Sinnoh is a bit of a mess and there’s no need to add any more to it. If anything, I feel sinnoh would benefit more from trimming the fat as it were and actually omitting some of the more unnecessary towns like Solaceon town or Celestic town because of how little they really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, I understood what you meant. I'm just saying I loved the complexity you describe and wouldn't mind more.

I'd still prefer Sinnoh remakes myself (especially if it's Platinum) but these hypothetical Sinnoh sequels would be very interesting and I'll keep my Sword and Shield opinion out of this (not a fan and didn't get the game) but if they keep improving on that as a base I feel like this concept could pass HeartGold and SoulSilver and also Sword and Shield (while I don't have the game due to personal choice, I still recognize that it's a great game I would have enjoyed if it wasn't for my principles) in being arguably the best pokemon main series game.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

This week has been hellish for the mods.  Don't make it any worse, please and thanks.

I'm rarely on Serenes tbh but you have my sincerest sympathy. I hope things get better soon but I think the moderation team is far from being out of the storm. Regardless I wish you and every other moderator and serenes forest staff member good tidings.

Thanks everyone.

The thing that bugged me about Sinnoh was that there's an entire layer that's relegated to a side game, of sorts.  Perhaps a theoretical sequel could incorporate that into the main game (say, use the underground routes to avoid detection overground for whatever reason, etc.).

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The thing that bugged me about Sinnoh was that there's an entire layer that's relegated to a side game, of sorts.  Perhaps a theoretical sequel could incorporate that into the main game (say, use the underground routes to avoid detection overground for whatever reason, etc.).

Add an underground city? Or extend an existing town(s) down there? I am reminded of Pokemon Colosseum's The Under- a mine deep in a canyon where the miners started living rather than return to the surface, and thus they formed a town.

4 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I feel sinnoh would benefit more from trimming the fat as it were and actually omitting some of the more unnecessary towns like Solaceon town or Celestic town because of how little they really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I'd rather drop Sandgem than either of those two, it's a little nothing town. And if you're going to toss out Solaceon, well you're still going to have to keep the ruins for the Unown. Celestic should stay to represent "old traditional" Sinnoh, and it is Cynthia's hometown.

5 hours ago, Flere210 said:

That said, the Sinnoh starters should have Gigantimax instead of mega evolutions in the current era. Now that i think about it Eternamax Arceus would be a sight to behold.

'maxed Arceus could reference its Diamond Pokedex entry:

"It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms."

Please no Fighting typing from this. I'd rather its many arms not all be primarily oriented towards fighting. 

Make one hand an open palm instead, thats the Hindu-Buddhist iconographic way of saying "have no fear"; and is of course commonplace in the Western and Islamic (I think) worlds as a positive sign. Another open hand with fingers pointing down would be good, it's Hindu-Buddhist for "bear witness to my acts". These would be benevolent gestures befitting the Pokegod.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Add an underground city? Or extend an existing town(s) down there? I am reminded of Pokemon Colosseum's The Under- a mine deep in a canyon where the miners started living rather than return to the surface, and thus they formed a town.

Maybe have a settlement or two that formed from various social rejects (like former Team Galactic members who couldn't re-integrate), then give the new protagonist a reason to go down there.  Depending on how the story is, perhaps have said main character be accidentally branded as a bad guy, so he/she needs to traverse from overworld town to town via the underground.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, leveling up was kind of slow there, though HGSS made it worse imo. Because the highest level wild Pokemon in those games were over ten levels lower than the highest level wild Pokemon you can find in the Sinnoh games. 😕

Okay, to be fair this would obviously be addressed in a remake, but it was one of the few things I didn't like about that Era. Other than that, the game was great.

in HGSS rebattling the Gym Leader's made leveling pretty easy.

37 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, to be fair this would obviously be addressed in a remake, but it was one of the few things I didn't like about that Era. Other than that, the game was great.

in HGSS rebattling the Gym Leader's made leveling pretty easy.

It takes quite awhile to be able to do that though, because you have to get their numbers and stuff and clear Kanto if you want them all.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, Anacybele said:

It takes quite awhile to be able to do that though, because you have to get their numbers and stuff and clear Kanto if you want them all.

Alot of this is partly my bias because GSC Kanto gym leader theme is my favorite, so this doesnt bother me. But having an option is better than nothing, at least.