You can add one Genalogy unit to Thracia, and add one Thracia unit to Genealogy. Who do you choose, and where?

Alastor15243

So, I was thinking about this, and thought I'd share the premise to see what people would choose here.

Suppose, for the remakes of Genealogy and Thracia, they decided to increase the connection between the two games by having one member of Leif's army show up in Genealogy, and one member of Seliph's army appear in Thracia. Which would you pick, and when would they join?

For me, I'd have Asbel join with Leif's group in Chapter 7 of Genealogy. Being Leif's good friend, if they're going to remotely expand on that in the remake by giving him more lines and prominence, I feel it would be best to have him actually show up in Genealogy so that it feels less like such an expansion is being pulled out of thin air in hindsight. His absence in Genealogy would be very conspicuous if they actually gave him more of a role to play in Thracia as Leif's childhood friend.

As for Thracia, I'd have Fee show up at the end of chapter 19 as a vanguard of Seliph's forces, having flown across the canyon to back Leif up until Seliph can arrive (a generally common strategy in the game too, so it fits). Not only does that feel like a good way to introduce a member of Seliph's army, but given that she's Ced's sister, this gives her chemistry and interaction opportunities with established members of Thracia's cast.

What would you do?

Edited by Alastor15243

I, like many would probably add Cyas into Genealogy, because it gives more backstory options for Arvis, and allows for a non-Lewyn expybot when talking about Julius' possession. 

Then I'd probably have Patty show up in chapter 6, and unlock the gate at the bottom when Galzus spawns as an enemy, as a) just a cute cameo and b) to make sure that the player can't softlock themself, by not buying keys if Karin Lifis and Lara are dead. (She'd also be in a flavourtext house)

I think that if another Genealogy character is added to Thracia, it should be among the substitutes. I feel they would need it more, or benefit more out of it. That said, I'd also think a good choice of candidates to be among those that have unused mugs in the original: Arthur, Janne, Asaello, Daisy, and maybe Femina. Since they were originally planned to appear, might as well. I'd agree that Fee is also a good choice, from a logical standpoint and for the potential with Ced being already present in Thracia to begin with.

It's harder for me to say which Thracia character to have to show up in Genealogy. I'm gonna say among good choices would be... Linoan. Considering Tahra itself shows up in Genealogy's Ch9 (the big cluster of villages is meant to be Tahra, when you think about it), it'd be interesting to see her reaction to see her city free once more. Not to mention, being a descendant of Heim, just think of the importance she'd have in Genealogy's story, when Julia's true identity was still not known to the Liberation Army.

Also, this is a minor point; but I think that in this kind of situation, we might as well go and make the Shannan impostor from Genealogy's Ch9 officially into Shannam. He doesn't have to join; but I think it's a very logical action to make.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'd definitely add Cyas to Genealogy. He's such an important man to the empire and its ruling family that his absence in the great war is incredibly strange. With a kid mage like Asbel or your typical axe fighter like Osian its easy enough to pretend they are just running around in the background like common mooks. But Cyas is an imperial noble and top strategist. He should at the very least have had a chad with Seliph and definitely one with his father. 

Arthur and Tinny were supposed to be present in Tracia so I'd put them in the game. Tinny especially should be easy enough. Either have her run away and receive protection from Leif or have Blume order his niece to pull an Eir where she's ''captured'' and ''defects'' so she can stab them in the back later. 

From FE4 to FE5, I would add Febail or Asaello. The game takes place in his neck of the woods and it wouldn't be too difficult to write him in. Tinny is also a good candidate, but I'm not sure how much freedom she would have and would probably be an Est.

From FE5 to FE4, definitely Cyas for the reasons stated before. Linoan would also be a good choice imo.

I can't really say anything for adding an FE4 character to FE5, but as for adding an FE5 character to FE4, definitely Saias. He has important relevance as the bastard son of Arvis, and it would also allow for a playable Valflame user.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd definitely add Cyas to Genealogy. He's such an important man to the empire and its ruling family that his absence in the great war is incredibly strange. With a kid mage like Asbel or your typical axe fighter like Osian its easy enough to pretend they are just running around in the background like common mooks. But Cyas is an imperial noble and top strategist. He should at the very least have had a chad with Seliph and definitely one with his father. 

Arthur and Tinny were supposed to be present in Tracia so I'd put them in the game. Tinny especially should be easy enough. Either have her run away and receive protection from Leif or have Blume order his niece to pull an Eir where she's ''captured'' and ''defects'' so she can stab them in the back later. 

I dunno, I feel like it makes more sense for Arthur and Tine to be with Seliph's army fighting Bloom in Conote, especially since Arthur has a personal vendetta against Bloom for separating him from his mother and sister.

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I can't really say anything for adding an FE4 character to FE5, but as for adding an FE5 character to FE4, definitely Saias. He has important relevance as the bastard son of Arvis, and it would also allow for a playable Valflame user.

Funnily enough, putting a Valflame user in the base game would have completely broken the final battle. Adding in an equippable +Mag tome would have made it possible to put Julius to sleep or silence him.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Probably Cyas for Thracia to Genealogy, and maybe Patty for Genealogy to Thracia. I have no idea where or how.

While I would love that idea, I'm not sure if it really makes sense cuz Patty is supposed to be with Seliph's army to recruit Faval.

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

While I would love that idea, I'm not sure if it really makes sense cuz Patty is supposed to be with Seliph's army to recruit Faval.

On a hypothetical remake that adds them, they can just make Febail/Faval sent south to protect Manster, rather than Conote.

That said, I have a feeling that might be the reason why Asaello and Daisy were planned for the game originally. Asaello would be from the same orphanage and hired with Faval, except sent to Manster instead. Could be.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Asaello the Hitman of Connote seems like a perfect fit for Thracia 776. There were some early plans for using the substitutes in that game anyway.

As for the Thracia 776 character added Genealogy I will put forth an interesting option that has yet to be mentioned, Manfloy's granddaughter Sarah.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On a hypothetical remake that adds them, they can just make Febail/Faval sent south to protect Manster, rather than Conote.

That said, I have a feeling that might be the reason why Asaello and Daisy were planned for the game originally. Asaello would be from the same orphanage and hired with Faval, except sent to Manster instead. Could be.

The fact that Daisy was even considered to be in FE5 over Patty just hurts me honestly

Just now, Gregster101 said:

The fact that Daisy was even considered to be in FE5 over Patty just hurts me honestly

Well I mean Patty can't join Leif's army until after Seliph arrives, and then that would be super late (though having a backup late-game thief would be nice). She can't exactly canonically raid the Lopt temple and nab Balmung if she's in Thracia, now can she?

Technically neither can Daisy, but with the substitutes it's kind of assumed they exist in the same universe with the canon children and so they don't have to do what they do when they're playable in Genealogy.

16 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Well I mean Patty can't join Leif's army until after Seliph arrives, and then that would be super late (though having a backup late-game thief would be nice). She can't exactly canonically raid the Lopt temple and nab Balmung if she's in Thracia, now can she?

Technically neither can Daisy, but with the substitutes it's kind of assumed they exist in the same universe with the canon children and so they don't have to do what they do when they're playable in Genealogy.

I know, I just hate Daisy that's all

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Patty's my favorite FE4 character, so I hate Daisy cuz she replaces her.

. . .really.  Can you, uh, think long and hard about what you just said?  This mindset isn't healthy at all.

16 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

My Genealogy/Thracia knowledge is a bit rusty. If she wouldn't work, then I guess I'd go with Fee or something.

Cyas would be interesting, but I think Sarah going to Genealogy would ultimately make for a more well-rounded game. Arvis is already pretty compelling in Genealogy. Manfroy, the real villain, gets jack-all. Adding in Sarah to give some more depth/development to Manfroy would improve Genealogy more, IMO. Galzus would also be neat with Shannan and Ayra's kids, but there's not much more you need to cover with Isaach in FE4.

Febail to FE5. FE5 is light on good archers. Patty would be acceptable, but Lifis and Parn are both good units that do the thieving just fine. Kinda fucks with FE4's story to add Febail, though.

Edited by Slumber

If it's just to have one more archer, then Asaello can do just fine without disrupting the story, as it were. As the "Hitman of Conote", he'd have to have good stats, too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 1/25/2020 at 2:57 AM, Slumber said:

Cyas would be interesting, but I think Sarah going to Genealogy would ultimately make for a more well-rounded game. Arvis is already pretty compelling in Genealogy. Manfroy, the real villain, gets jack-all. Adding in Sarah to give some more depth/development to Manfroy would improve Genealogy more, IMO.

Seconding this suggestion.  I would be inclined to take it a step further and include Sarah's parents as playable Gen I characters as another canon couple.  Could be a neat way to explore Manfroy's motivations and thought process (and the Loptr church in general) earlier on.  Would also help answer the question of

Spoiler

why Manfroy felt it necessary to kill Sarah's father.

• 1 month later...

Eyvel to FE4. A quick reunion with her children would surely be nice and it would happen naturally since Leif's army would join Seliph's at the end of chapter 8.

The real Shannan to FE5. I want to see his interactions with the other descendants of Od.

Cyas and Othin/Osian to Genealogy of the Holy War. Cyas for story reasons and Othin/Osian for gameplay reasons+Pugi.

Hannibal has some great skills and stats from what I remember in his cameo in FE5, so I'd add him to Thracia.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

From a gameplay perspective:

- Larcei in FE5. I kept thinking: how much more broken can this unit get without actually being that useful? On one hand, Adept, Astra, Nihil, and whatever she gets from her father. A virtually indestructible killing machine with most builds. On the other hand, low RES, locked to 6 Move, trash 1-2. Maybe Thracia would let her shine.

- Haven't gotten too far in FE5, but maybe Brighton, with the qualifier that Wrath works under Thracia's mechanics. Player Phase:Brave Axe KO, EP: Hand Axe critical. I think it would get some mileage, especially if he got Pursuit. Though Hand Axe's 20 weight... Smh. Geneaology did axes dirty.