You can add one Genalogy unit to Thracia, and add one Thracia unit to Genealogy. Who do you choose, and where?

Alastor15243

FE4  to FE5: I'll have to go with Ares on this. I'm saying this purely for story purposes because he would probably break the game. Mystletainn would be even more OP than Finn's brave lance for capturing enemies, and with so many enemy mages in the game, the res boost you get from Mystletainn would end up making things way too easy. But story-wise, Ares makes too much sense. He grew up in Leonster, he's Nanna and Dermott's cousin, and Quan and Eldigan were supposedly really close friends, but they never interact in FE4 and only indirectly show it with how close they act towards Sigurd. Ares in FE5 would help remedy this because him and Leif could fill in the gap that Genealogy left. There's just so much potential here to expand upon the Jugdral characters.

FE5 to FE4: Saias is the obvious choice here, though Galzus and Mareeta would also be solid choices. Saias because he could easily offer Seliph more diverse counsel instead of just Exposition Lewyn (Oifey and Shannan should have already been doing this anyway though). Also, with Saias possessing major Fjalar holy blood, it would make for some interesting conversations between him and one of Azel's possible sons, especially when the Duke of Velthomer is determined at the end of the game. While it would probably end up going to Azel's son, I could imagine a pretty cool conversation happening between him and Saias while disputing that, with Azel's son insisting that Saias is the rightful heir. He also has great conversation potential with Arvis, Julius, and Ishtar. Gameplay wise, I think he'd be balanced because his insane utility as a high priest (with the possibility of also weilding Valflame after defeating Arvis) would be offset by being an infantry unit. He just makes too much sense as a Genealogy inclusion

As for Galzus and Mareeta, Seliph's army has an abundance of Od's descendants and ties to Isaach, so Galzus and Mareeta would have plenty of people to talk to. The thought of him interacting with Shannan has me fanboying already. Mareeta would probably develop a friendly rivalry with Larcei and Ulster, and there's hilarious conversation potential between her and Shannan, because she'd be all thankful for learning Astra from him (even though she learned it from fake Shannan) while he's standing there being thoroughly confused at what's happening. There's also cool conversation potential for her with Patty and Faval, because her adoptive mother is their biological mother. It could even be something as simple as Mareeta pointing out the resemblance they have with Eyvel (although at this point it would probably make sense for Eyvel herself to be in the game since she's a part of Leif's army and whatnot, but it'd still be pretty cool).

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, Alastor15243 said:

So, I was thinking about this, and thought I'd share the premise to see what people would choose here.

Suppose, for the remakes of Genealogy and Thracia, they decided to increase the connection between the two games by having one member of Leif's army show up in Genealogy, and one member of Seliph's army appear in Thracia. Which would you pick, and when would they join?

For me, I'd have Asbel join with Leif's group in Chapter 7 of Genealogy. Being Leif's good friend, if they're going to remotely expand on that in the remake by giving him more lines and prominence, I feel it would be best to have him actually show up in Genealogy so that it feels less like such an expansion is being pulled out of thin air in hindsight. His absence in Genealogy would be very conspicuous if they actually gave him more of a role to play in Thracia as Leif's childhood friend.

As for Thracia, I'd have Fee show up at the end of chapter 19 as a vanguard of Seliph's forces, having flown across the canyon to back Leif up until Seliph can arrive (a generally common strategy in the game too, so it fits). Not only does that feel like a good way to introduce a member of Seliph's army, but given that she's Ced's sister, this gives her chemistry and interaction opportunities with established members of Thracia's cast.

What would you do?

For me personally, I would choose Ares to go to Leif's army. The reason for this is simply because he's a badass and I want him in Thracia with me. On top of that, he's a mercenary so he could very possibly have been in Thracia maybe(?) And for who I would put in Genealogy, I would choose Mareeta as my personal answer and Cyas as my objective answer. I really like Mareeta so I would have her join Seliph's army simply for my own selfish reasons because I like her. Cyas makes far more sense objectively because it could give so much backstory to Arvis and would be genuinely interesting. 

• 1 month later...

My headcannon is that Leif actually becomes a Master Knight in FE4, because he's representing his whole army from FE5, except for Finn and Nanna. So story wise, I'd say i'd rather having Cyas appears as an NPC, maybe helping you in some way in the final chpater with green units (along with Arion's army, why not?).

Gameplay wise, since Beowulf is some kind of bonus character, why not break the FE4 logic that all childrens are tied to their mothers and have Fergus appear as the son of Beowulf. It won't be a rumor in the ending of Thracia anymore then but I think it could be interresting. Of course, like the women of the first gen, Beowulf can't die or else you can't have Fergus in second gen and he they could even create a new substitute for him then.

As for FE5, I'd say, story Wise, it would be funny to have Shannan next to Shannam. Also having Larcei and Ulster, the astra twins next to Mareeta and Galzus would have the same effect as having all these mercenaries on Celica's route in echoes.

Edited by Mrnuage

I'm not really sure who I'd pick from FE4 to join Leif's party, but, and I'll admit this is totally cheesy of me, I'd like to have Eyvel somehow end up fighting alongside Seliph's army, so that...

Spoiler

...you can get both surviving Gen 1 characters back in Gen 2.

From FE4 to FE5 I’d add Daisy and Asaello, just bring them in as a pair for a good late game sniper and a late game thief. That way if you’re so terrible that all your thieves are dead, you’ll at least have one near the end, and Asaello just makes sense since he was already cut. Heck, he could be an enemy unit in chapter 23 and you get Daisy in chapter 21, 21x, or 22.

As for FE5 to FE4, I’d probably go with Saias and Sara. Those two have the most potential to add to FE4, Saias with his relation to Arvis and ability to wield Valflame. And Sara with her connection to Manfroy.