Tell me something good that's happening in your life!

Lightningdawn

So I've had a really, really bad time this last month or so. Finals, my friend got into a near-fatal accident, stress, and I am currently severely ill once again and can't leave my bed. I'm just kind of sick of feeling bad and not hearing any good news, so I want to hear about anything good that's happening in your life right now. Anything- even a small event that brought you some joy.

I got a recorder solo for band. We're gonna play the piece in a competition!

(Grade 9 band pieces probably shouldn't have recorder in them, but oh well...)

Get better soon, hopefully everything is ok for you.

Edited by Benice

My grandma got money from selling my late great-grandma's house and plans on using it to have one of my taekwondo instructor's friends build me a laptop so I can try and slightly teach myself 3D animation so I have a headstart before I inevitably go to college to become a 3D animator.

I got my job back after studying abroad and I got more hours than ever AND I randomly got new and fun responsibilities.

Also, I got a kalimba for Christmas and it's just about impossible to make it sound bad. I will record something for you and PM you a link. Standby.

To be bluntly honest? Smash Ultimate. I know it seems silly naming a video game as a good thing that happened in your life, but this game has been a huge help for me seeing as how these past 2 years have been rough both physically and mentally. 

But if that doesn't count, then I'll say that we were finally able to move my grandmother closer to me and my family. Which is great, because now more than ever she'll need be close to us for our help.

Edited by Roland

I just started my first real job this month, and started looking for a house to move away from my parents, I'm 27 so it's about time. It feels good to finally have something big to look forward to. 

after two of my students got into a very violent fist fight in my classroom, one of my other kids in that class came back to help me pick up papers and put my desks back in order and he was really silent and then said "you know, miss specta. i appreciate you" and that was it. it was really sweet of him and made me really happy

Remember that fever I mentioned?  Turns out it was literally a cold that ran its course in 10-ish hours.  Was sore the next day, but no traces otherwise!

Since those things normally lay me out for days at a time, I'm counting it as a good thing!

Very minor, but I'm learning about new bands and songs (and remembering old ones whose names used to escape me). Leaving my comfort zone even if just slightly has been fun.

whether lyrics about people in angsty situations is good or not is held up to debate though