FExit

Benice

FExit questions  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think FE is properly represented in smash untimate?

• Yep! So glad that our lads and lasses are out there!
    • It would be nice to have non-sword using reps, but I like our numbers!
    • More! MUST HAVE MORE!
    • Meh. Who even cares
    • Too many. Ike and Marth are all we needed!
    • Disgusting misrepresentation the franchise. omg, IMMA BOUT A THROW UP
  2. 2. Mayonnaise

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you support Fexit?

• yes
    • No

As you know, there has been an uproar in the smash community abotu Byleth getting into smash despite the fact that he brings tons of new stuff otthe table and isn't an echo of Marth!

Hence, my new movement, FExit. (Fire emblem exit) By golly, if they don't want us, they don't have to have us! Soon, they will be crying for us! "Noo! I need Aether! I need my spikeboxes! Please!"

Do you support FExit? Share your thoughts.

What exactly would FExit entail? Would this involve us leaving Smash Bros., and thus losing our seat at the table? Sure, the decision process is a mess, but we'd be walking away unable to have any of our former influence. 

Plus, the Smash community doesn't seem nearly as dependent on us as we do on them; if it wasn't for Smash Bros., Fire Emblem would like have never seen release outside Japan; almost none of us would ever have even heard of it. Even to this day, Smash Bros. remains an easy way to advertise the next Fire Emblem game and the latest protagonist. Ike is the best FE lord that has been written, yet how many of us would have ever even heard of him if it wasn't for Brawl? Would they truly miss us, or would we miss them even more?

And what of the communities that will go into online war if this passes? A hard border between our community and our neighbours will just restart old conflicts; conflicts that none of us want, but all of us know will happen if this passes. 

Not to mention, the FE fan community only just stopped being divided thanks to Three Houses. If this passes or fails by narrow margins, we'll be strongly divided yet again, and to a level that will be almost unprecedented. 

And this whole thing just seems blown out of proportion; only a small percent of Smash fans are hating on Byleth; the rest are either calmly criticizing Byleth, being indifferent to their inclusion, or even enjoying their inclusion. The greater percentage are those laughing at the angry fans; mocking them and feeding on their anger. A sudden reaction such as this may only make things more toxic. 

This all just seems like a snap-referendum built on paranoid fear of a minority. This doesn't seem like it will end well...

Spoiler

Pointless explanation of the joke: I'm referencing the criticisms of the Brexit referendum in such a way that I'm talking about FExit. 

four people said no to mayonnais.e. There truly has never been such a low period in history.

49 minutes ago, Benice said:

four people said no to mayonnais.e. There truly has never been such a low period in history.

there's more seasonings in life than mayonnaise.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm going to sit and think of what I'm going to do to this thread

I'm going to close it.  Want to go back and see the hell that was Byleth's announcement?

Jokes are good, but this isn't the time or place.