Hello~

idonotexist

Hello, Serenes Forest, how is everyone today as I try to introduce myself here!

I'm not new to the Fire Emblem Universe but I've only really had hands-on-experience with the Gameboy Advance Titles; that being Binding Blaze, Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones. I am however going back in time and playing Thracia 776 because friends of mine said that the game's challenging difficulty would be good for me since I had ran out of challenges to do in the GBA titles.

Currently on Chapter 4: Imprisonment and struggling haha. The game really doesn't play around with the difficulty!

I hope to meet some new people and have some fun! I'm just a random friendly guy on the internet who loves anime, video games and having fun!

Welcome, welcome!

Yeah, if you like the GBA games, Path of Radiance is quite similar.  Radiant Dawn is a bit more different, but also a good try, and the modern 3DS onwards titles are pretty easy to find.

23 minutes ago, Caster said:

Hey! Welcome. 
Have fun and relax!
Enjoy your time around.

Have you thought of trying some of the more recent console Fire Emblems?

Thank you!

I have but it's just garnering the money to purchase said titles. Money is tight. But eventually I do want to try out Fates and Three Houses, they look good!

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Welcome, welcome!

Yeah, if you like the GBA games, Path of Radiance is quite similar.  Radiant Dawn is a bit more different, but also a good try, and the modern 3DS onwards titles are pretty easy to find.

Thank you too!

If I recall, PoR is the game with Ike as the lead right? That'd be a fun challenge to take on. I had pretty much exhausted most challenges I could think of for the GBA Titles. Stuff like Lords Only, Mounted Only, Girls only, specific weapon users only, that sort of challenge.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, Raynar Saassin said:

I had pretty much exhausted most challenges I could think of for the GBA Title

I once did a trainee-only run. (Other than the first two maps, of course.) To sum it up, it was this:

Spoiler

Welcome to the forest! Have  nice time and I hope we can get along!

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Raynar Saassin said:

I had pretty much exhausted most challenges I could think of for the GBA Titles. Stuff like Lords Only, Mounted Only, Girls only, specific weapon users only, that sort of challenge.

There are a couple of types of challenge runs that become available with the help of a forum like this that you could try. One is a Pick My Unit (PMU) run, where other forum members each chose a member of your team. Another are draft runs (there is a sub forum in the general fire emblem forum devoted to them) where players will draft units to use (or taking turns choosing units to use) and then compete over who can get the best turn count (occasionally competing by some other metric like speed running, or simply for the joy of completing it)

21 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Yep, Ike is the protagonist of Path of Radiance

I see. Well, I'll definitely look into Path of Radiance after I finish Thracia, which won't be for a while yet since I had practically just started haha.

21 hours ago, Benice said:

I once did a trainee-only run. (Other than the first two maps, of course.) To sum it up, it was this:

Reveal hidden contents

3a7.jpg.12f34bb6eb69e58ca7879190c119ef44.jpg

Welcome to the forest! Have  nice time and I hope we can get along!

Thank you for the welcome!

I actually hadn't considered a trainee-only run considering how much babysitting you'd have to do before the Tower of Valni. But that's definitely a challenge I'd love to undertake for sure.

17 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There are a couple of types of challenge runs that become available with the help of a forum like this that you could try. One is a Pick My Unit (PMU) run, where other forum members each chose a member of your team. Another are draft runs (there is a sub forum in the general fire emblem forum devoted to them) where players will draft units to use (or taking turns choosing units to use) and then compete over who can get the best turn count (occasionally competing by some other metric like speed running, or simply for the joy of completing it)

Wait, that's a challenge I can do? Have others pick what units I use? That's awesome! I wanna try that! Also that draft run thing, I wanna get into that too! How do I do?

6 hours ago, Raynar Saassin said:

Wait, that's a challenge I can do? Have others pick what units I use? That's awesome! I wanna try that! Also that draft run thing, I wanna get into that too! How do I do?

Usually how people do Pick My Unit (or PMU for short) runs is they start a new topic in the forum dedicated to the game they want to play, with a title that says the difficulty and that it is a PMU, and in the text you usually state how many units you are looking for, and any units that you have decided to include (usually the main Lord, but it isn't unheard of to include your favorite unit, or a dancer, or that games Jegen etc.) along with any additional information you want to share. Often people will edit the starting post as people add units to make it easier for people to see who has already been chosen, and if it is taking too long to get the full roster you can speed things up by open up the option of those that have already chosen a unit to add another and inform them by putting an at symbol before their name (like so  @Raynar Saassin). I don't remember how restrictive your options are as a new member, so you might have to wait until you reach full member status before you can set that up yourself.

As for drafting https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/forum/60-fire-emblem-drafts/ that entire board is dedicated to drafting. If someone is setting up a draft they will post about it, and if they are still looking for players you can respond asking to join. You could also try to start up a draft yourself, but you probably want to read through some of the pinned posts about drafting rules, and look at a few drafts of the game you want to play to some idea of the rules most people set in place before you try to setup your own rules for the draft.

Thank you very much for the information, Elitosian!

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I don't remember how restrictive your options are as a new member, so you might have to wait until you reach full member status before you can set that up yourself.

As far as I'm aware, I'm restricted to two posts per day which makes it incredibly hard to interact with people outside of my introduction post.

5 hours ago, Raynar Saassin said:

As far as I'm aware, I'm restricted to two posts per day which makes it incredibly hard to interact with people outside of my introduction post.

Should change soon enough~!

Anyway, welcome~!  Even if you don't join a draft, you can find an existing one, and attempt it!  Oh, and read the rules and all, because I'd rather make silly posts than hand out warns.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Should change soon enough~!

Anyway, welcome~!  Even if you don't join a draft, you can find an existing one, and attempt it!  Oh, and read the rules and all, because I'd rather make silly posts than hand out warns.

Of course. I ensured to do that before posting, and even if I didn't, I know my boundaries on what to do and what not to do. Thank you for the welcome!